Joseph Fiennes To Play MJ In 9/11 Programme

I'd laugh at this article. Outrage is good without any violent shout offs? Well I got 2 words for him "No Promises!"

That's disgusting. Not only it is incredibly racist, but also very ableist. MJ wasn't white. He was black with light skin, but this was due to vitiligo. If you go past the skin colours (even whites are usually not that pale as MJ was), you realise that MJ's facial features are completely different to those of Fiennes's. Blackness is not just about skin colour (and not just about physical appearance, for the matter).

I'm starting to think too much has been made of it. It's a 20 minute farce hardly anyone will see. Like a long SNL skit.

I was watching something about the OJ Simpson TV movie and the Goldman/Brown families are angry and heartsick that this is reduced (again) to entertainment. It got me thinking.

What if they decided to do a Michael biopic? Worse, if they decide to film a Gavin Arvizo story on that trial??? I think we should use the outrage and petitions for something really serious.

What if they decided to do a Michael biopic? Worse, if they decide to film a Gavin Arvizo story on that trial??? I think we should use the outrage and petitions for something really serious.

Well, both have been done already.

Biopics: An American Dream (good), Man in the Mirror (horrible)

Trial: I think there was a channel who did some reconstruction of the trial. I haven't watched it so I don't know if it was accurate or not.

I also think the crime series Law and Order had an episode clearly based on Gavin's story - and it acted like everything he said was true, so it was one-sided and biased against MJ. Again, I did not watch it, I just heard about it from American fans.

So it's not like those things haven't happened already.

Trial: I think there was a channel who did some reconstruction of the trial. I haven't watched it so I don't know if it was accurate or not.

I also think the crime series Law and Order had an episode clearly based on Gavin's story - and it acted like everything he said was true, so it was one-sided and biased against MJ. Again, I did not watch it, I just heard about it from American fans.

Yeah, it was broadcast on E! Entertainment. MJ was played by the impersonator that played him in Scary Movie 3.

Some stuff can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DanteVelveeta/videos (look up The Michael Jackson Trial)

You are correct-they have happened already-and yes, "American Dream" is an excellent biopic. "Man in the Mirror" shouldn't even be considered one, because it's pure trash-and I'm ashamed BET runs it as often as it does.

But even though they've been done, doesn't mean that they can't do a new "definitive" one again with all the hoopla and advertising that "American Dream" got back in the day and the "OJ" one is getting now. We have no laws against slandering the dead, and apparently you can film whatever you like if the people are alive-like the "OJ movie" is doing now-I don't understand why people can't sue over this-

Speaking of the SVU episode-I watched that back when it was shown and that was also the last time I ever watched L&O SVU. Amazed how they twisted that story up and also amazed that Marlo Thomas was in it-but I guess to an actress, a good part is a good part. I ran across an article in IMDB about that episode and they interviewed the screenwriter-she stated that everything in that episode was pure fact and straight from the depositions in the Chandler/Arvizo trials and that "America would be horrified if they knew the real story." Everything that she said was sourced straight from the tabloids. This was from an educated woman with a high profile career. Unbelievable.

I also found out that she was the head screenwriter for "Blue Bloods" as well-so I now boycott that show.

*I didn't realize E did a re-enactment of the trial-I went over to YouTube and took a look-that, in itself, is weird and bizarre.

Well... There's yet another movie I do NOT wanna see...

Next...

Speaking of the SVU episode-I watched that back when it was shown and that was also the last time I ever watched L&O SVU. Amazed how they twisted that story up and also amazed that Marlo Thomas was in it-but I guess to an actress, a good part is a good part. I ran across an article in IMDB about that episode and they interviewed the screenwriter-she stated that everything in that episode was pure fact and straight from the depositions in the Chandler/Arvizo trials and that "America would be horrified if they knew the real story." Everything that she said was sourced straight from the tabloids. This was from an educated woman with a high profile career. Unbelievable.

An educated woman should realize that something being in a deposition does not make it a fact. It's just the testimony of someone which might or might not be true. Acting like everything the accusers say is "pure fact" is highly biased and should I say very ignorant - ignorant about all the facts which discredit these accusers and their allegations.

Man in The Mirror... I can't believe that even aired and I've seen at stores that sell DVD's... to be honest shortly into it I literally started laughing because it felt like an MAD TV skit... I don't even want to give it credit as an SNL skit!

While I'm not 'looking foward' to this film I really don't think it's going to be on the lines of Man In The Mirror.. First off it's not being publicized as a factual film.. It's basically a skit.. I think that partially why I have taken this film lightly, its a fictional story which makes it easier for me to accept it as it is... All I care about is that it shows a positive light on MJ.. I don't care (since its a skit) that the actor is white, asiain, arab, Italian, greek etc.. It does not matter. I've seen many many skits with people playing races they are not.. Plus like I said its fictional... I've seen more non black MJ impersonators than black within my lifetime..

Now If this was any type of biopic I'd have a different tune..

Well, many "commedians" are so f.ucked up that make "jokes" about Michael "absusing children." If they cross the line joking with a hienous crime which they have NO evidence whatsoever he committed it, joking about 9/11 is nothing in comparisson to them.

Well, many "commedians" are so f.ucked up that make "jokes" about Michael "absusing children." If they cross the line joking with a hienous crime which they have NO evidence whatsoever he committed it, joking about 9/11 is nothing in comparisson to them.

And even if he committed it, making fun of sexual abuse is NEVER fun :(

No one is joking about 9/11, for Gods sake. It is just set at that time.

And I still don't see the fuss about this, if Michael weighed 30 stone at this time they would hire a fat man to play him, just because he was thin previously doesn't matter.

people are looking into this way too deeply!! this has been 'news' for a long time ago and no body really cared until the media picked up on it several months after it was reported because they wanted to piggy back off the racist Oscar drama....

If there was a decent made film on Michael right now, which we all hoped for, but I still never get with who's gonna play Michael, you've been asked go for Chris Brown, you say "No", Jamie Foxx? "No", I mean come on guys who else would you want to play Michael? Who?Any black actors would be fine, but please don't be so damn picky over. Michael did mention during his interview with Oprah that he'd never liked the idea of a white actor to play him at all.

Chris Tucker should play MJ! Yes, he would turn it into a comedy, but it would be a funny and respectful comedy that everyone could laugh at

If there was a decent made film on Michael right now, which we all hoped for, but I still never get with who's gonna play Michael, you've been asked go for Chris Brown, you say "No", Jamie Foxx? "No", I mean come on guys who else would you want to play Michael? Who?Any black actors would be fine, but please don't be so damn picky over. Michael did mention during his interview with Oprah that he'd never liked the idea of a white actor to play him at all.

But he said he was African American and had his pride and dignity. 'Nuff said IMO.

having someone play Michael does not take away Michael believing that he's black and being proud of it!! ... its a fictional skit not a biographical film.

^maybe they should have put Chris Tucker in the part. That way we don't have to worry about them laughing at him, because his humor is the kind Michael laughed with.

If they ever do a serious extensive bio, they'd have to cast an unknown actor. Like they did for American Dream.

What about NO ONE? I mean, no one else could make Michael justice but himself. I'd be happy if the estate & co put together a biopic documentary similar what other people did with Bob Marley or Amy Winehouse to mention some examples.

What about NO ONE? I mean, no one else could make Michael justice but himself. I'd be happy if the estate & co put together a biopic documentary similar what other people did with Bob Marley or Amy Winehouse to mention some examples.

I agree. I am not interested in an MJ biopic. Whose version of MJ would it be anyway? And a biopic why? MJ's life is pretty much known to the public, I think biopics are more useful for people who are kind of forgotten or for whatever reason their life is not that known.

For MJ I'd prefer a documentary with lots of original footage - music, dance. That would be a better experience than someone else trying to mimic him.

I personally would love to see a biographical movie... that's just me though!! I enjoyed American Dreams for instance even with me flaws in reality vs. the way it happened for real.. I' love one that goes further in time... IDK acting capabilities but I would trust someone like E'cas to respectfully portray him..

just my opinion

I personally would love to see a biographical movie... that's just me though!! I enjoyed American Dreams for instance even with me flaws in reality vs. the way it happened for real.. I' love one that goes further in time... IDK acting capabilities but I would trust someone like E'cas to respectfully portray him..

just my opinion
I love biopics and I'm sure there will be one someday-I just don't want it to be anytime soon. And I want it to be like all biopics USED to be-they used to be really, really good-American Dream is excellent-I personally would have made a few changes in casting, but not that much. The production values in that are top notch-and it's got a great script and great acting as well.
But I think it needs to be years away.
In the meantime, just give us good documentaries.

It doesn't mention the Joseph Fiennes crap but it's still on topic, it's hilariously brilliant and indeed makes you wonder how is whitewashing still a thing. I just disagreed with the mention of Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai, Tom's character never pretended to be Japanese.

Major movie studios haven't learned a shit.

:cool: Yesssssss!! There's plenty of footage of him to use; let him speak for himself (like those examples you mentioned). I hate the idea of anyone thinking he could be portrayed without it looking like mockery or for cheap laughs. I don't even like to see impersonators ffs...

Back