Lets Talk About .... Horror Films!

Does anyone else find that some scary movies become funny when they are so well ridiculous...Like they can be rated MA and I'm laughing in them. *blink*

Jeeperscreepers.. wtf?
Cabin fever.. wtf?

What is the basic story line to children of the corn? I've heard of it but never seen it.

Texas chainsaw massacre freaked me out a bit but it was a couple of years back that I watched that. And I also thought Wolf creek was pretty good. But I dunno if that's really classified as a horror film.

Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? 1962 directed by Robert Aldrich
excelent.

then I love The Birds and anything Hitchcock

I was raised on the Nightmare On Elm Street movies! I know that's a bad thing for a very young child growing up is it :p I thought The Excorcist was pants though. But others I liked in no particular order are: Maniac Cop, Friday the 13th, Scream. I'm a HUGE fan of the Saw series and can't wait for Saw VII 3D to come out! :D The deaths on there are so hidiously awful that they're laughable at times.

*walking around an office* "Oh Pirana" haha!

One scene from Nightmare On Elm Street that I can't remember which film it comes from is a hospital scene where Freddy cuts up a patient and uses his veins as puppet strings and leads him to the roof?

I've got the DVD of Splinter but not watched it yet :p I'll try to sometime when I get time.

I looove horror movies! :D
Movies like:
The Exorcist
Hellraiser
Night of the living dead
Dawn of the dead
Bad Taste
Braindead
Evil Dead
Alien/Aliens
Nightmare on Elmstreet
Misery
etc. etc.

I was raised on the Nightmare On Elm Street movies! I know that's a bad thing for a very young child growing up is it :p I thought The Excorcist was pants though. But others I liked in no particular order are: Maniac Cop, Friday the 13th, Scream. I'm a HUGE fan of the Saw series and can't wait for Saw VII 3D to come out! :D The deaths on there are so hidiously awful that they're laughable at times.

*walking around an office* "Oh Pirana" haha!

One scene from Nightmare On Elm Street that I can't remember which film it comes from is a hospital scene where Freddy cuts up a patient and uses his veins as puppet strings and leads him to the roof?

I've got the DVD of Splinter but not watched it yet :p I'll try to sometime when I get time.

Thats the 3rd one, Dream Warriors :)

I was raised on the Nightmare On Elm Street movies! I know that's a bad thing for a very young child growing up is it :p .

Actually how about a 4 year old watching Poltergiest?? :mello: That was traumatizing esp when you have a family member, who has a doll clown that too, comes alive when you wind it up.....He would bring that out whenever we came to the house. Not funny

Actually how about a 4 year old watching Poltergiest?? :mello: That was traumatizing esp when you have a family member, who has a doll clown that too, comes alive when you wind it up.....He would bring that out whenever we came to the house. Not funny

Sounds like me and you are kindred horror spirits ;) :mello:

AHH this is my kind of thread.

LOVE horror movies, i would die without them.

The Others is a great movie
The Exorcist films
Amityville collections
Psycho
Ju-on 1 and 2

my guilty pleasure is Zombie movies, no matter how cheap and stupid they are I WILL WATCH THEM. i love them.

Does anyone else find that some scary movies become funny when they are so well ridiculous...Like they can be rated MA and I'm laughing in them. *blink*

Yupp - agree!
You start laughin' after some time cuz' the movie is just becomin' sooo damn ridiculous and unrealistic or unlogic!

I grew up watching whatever I wanted basically I saw all the Poltergeist, Jaws and Freddie Kruegger movies when they came out.

I grew up watching whatever I wanted basically I saw all the Poltergeist, Jaws and Freddie Kruegger movies when they came out.

yea Jaws too and def.the Freddy K's too. 4,5 years old.... lol. WTF?

Horror Movie...AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!.......I dont like them at all...but my favorites are The SAW Movies.....and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.....I know gory.....I cover my eyes alot...:lmao:

Nothing better than a good classic, *older* horror picture. ; nothing stupid with too many going on in the plot. Just simple

The original "A Nightmare on Elm Street" coming to Blu-ray disc April 6.
anightmareonelmstreetblurayart.jpg

I might pick up 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' when it comes out on Blu-Ray since I've never seen it. :blush:

I love Vincent Price. :D I would recommend 'House of Wax' and 'The House of Usher.' They are both on YouTube (the whole movie!) so watch it while you can. I've just checked and 'The Haunted Palace' is still on YT too. 'House on Haunted Hill' is on hulu.com.

Last edited:
WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH DID YOU HAVE TO POST THE CLOWN!?!?!??! WHHHHHHHY? Thanks! No sleeping for me tonight lol
DAMN THIS POST!!!

I love House of Wax simply for how Paris Hilton is killed...whoops...that's a spoiler :p

AHH this is my kind of thread.

LOVE horror movies, i would die without them.

The Others is a great movie
The Exorcist films
Amityville collections
Psycho
Ju-on 1 and 2

my guilty pleasure is Zombie movies, no matter how cheap and stupid they are I WILL WATCH THEM. i love them.

Ooh the others is good. And the amityville is freaky too.

Yikes lol

I love the part of Freddy I dunno which one: 1. Shes in the tub and his hand comes up in the middle ....:naughty:

and 2: when johnny depp dies. the blood everywhere.... omg I looovvee it. I love blood. lol. If I could make a horror picture it would be just blood everywhere & ppl dying lol

Back