Michael Jackson Auction in 2009 [Official auction trailer on Post #160]

As long as michael is happy that hes doing this
We shouldbe that hes happy

wannabe, I really get what you're saying and I almost totally agree with you...I'm not saying these items should be precious to him if they aren't (I'm talking more about his jackets, etc. career related things, not a chair or painting for instance)...but Michael knows that these items are precious to his fans (and no I am not assuming that) so it is surprising that he doesn't take that more into consideration. Those items belong to him but also I think that they belong to all of us, his fans in an emotional and historical way that they shouldn't be sold to whomever. The easiest way to say it (although somewhat too bluntly and basic) is that if he doesn't want them anymore he should still realize that they shouldn't be lost for all of us too just because he doesn't have an attachment to them. For instance he is keeping the Thriller jacket...for the same reason we don't want to see the other jackets be lost. So it's normal for us as it is for him...(and before someone says he is keeping more than just the Thriller jacket that is not the point).

This is hard to explain and I don't feel that I'm doing a good job of it. I'm sure it's going to be misconstrued into "he doesn't owe us anything, and he can do whatever he wants with HIS things, they aren't ours to tell him what to do with." If that's what you're thinking after you've read what I've said then you've not understood what I'm saying (though I take the blame for not explaining well.)

Peace and love.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if they've been posted, way too much to go trough all pages. plus I do NOT know if they're all true, it said auction item ..

v4v3b9.jpg

14bnx2t.jpg

wbzc07.jpg

icmttz.jpg

345devb.jpg

13z8vu0.jpg

ljqyo.jpg

When are they going to release the remaining 2 catalogs alreadyyyyyyyy!!! :p arghhhh! I keep checking and...nothing! (I want to feel the full extent of the heart break! haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been cleaned lets stay focused on the topic and not each others opinions or thoughts. Everyone has the right to their own feelings and in no way will they be attacked for it.

Session I: Garden Statuary and Outdoor Furniture Catalogue online!

Thanks, Agnes. Wow, that's a lot of statues. I LOVE that kind of stuff but I don't have the space for the biggest pieces which I adore, of course, and can't afford...for now anyway. And I didn't see what I was really looking for in this lot...and I'm kinda glad. yay! One more catalog to go. And I like the way this particular one ended...with the "Goodbye for Now" sign. Dawwwww! :)

I also wanted to say I agee with IvoryKeys or whoever it was who said maybe this is Michael's way of sharing some of his things with the rest of us that's slightly more personal than walking past it in some gallery/museum behind a glass case? It reminds me of how I started my MJ collection. An old aunt of mine was a pack rat/collector and shared some of her old magazines with me. Those were my very first MJ magazines as a kid and I appreciate her for allowing me to have them. Of course, Michael is not GIVING away his stuff, but at least he's willing to allow people the opportunity to appreciate the things he's moving on from...instead of burning it all to hell....ALTHO I agree with Paisley that it's hard to imagine anyone else with those gates. Then again if someone in my area buys them I'll be over frequently to feel the gates up. :shifty:

I'm KIDDING...I swear I'm kidding. lol *trying to lift any sadness in the thread*

Last edited:
i wonder what someone would do w/ the gates tho! lol i would so put them in my driveway but them damn neighbors would hella steal them w/ they grifter selves!

Here's one - anyone heard a rumor that the auction was cancelled as of today? anyone?

I havent heared that the acuction is cancelled.

Thanks paisely for the link that you shared with us .

girl don't play. i went to they page, it's stillup. where'd u hear that?

I know it is still up - I was just in a brief discussion with a family member who said that the stuff was going back - no not my family - his.

He asked me to confirm - I can't find anything on the 'net, and the site is still up and running at Julien's... So I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything.

you all know that whole group doesn't communiate well - so it still could be a go or it could be in re-discussions

naw, still up and going. im sure if it was stopped, it'd be making the rounds but im checking and calling around! lol

the ONLY way i could see this not going through is if it was done through a third party and not by mj himself. it'd be pretty expensive for him if he stopped it now.

There was talk a few years ago of a Jackson themed restaurant chain which was in the pipeline (like a Jacksons family "hard rock cafe").. I wonder if a lot of the Michael specific items up for auction would have been seen in these restaurants if that idea ever happened?

remember the auction that was about to go down in vegas and i think it was vacarro that bought the items initially so he could sell them?

mj and jan and a few others put their items w/ their mother, it ended up in storage. jermaine didn't pay the monthly note and the items were lost BUT mike and jan's stuff wasn't supposed to be put in there b/c they didn't give their items to katherine, they let her borrow them.

this is stuff from neverland that he had stored away. that place was always packed w/ stuff. hella furniture sets, the wonderful dance studio we saw on PHM was constantly full and jam packed w/ clothes lol!

so the man had a lot of stuff. i think the stuff in the vegas auction was stuff he wanted to keep since he was allowing it to be used in a way to represent him in the restaurant.

I remember a couple of proposed Jackson family themed Museums, restaurants, entertainment centers that didn't go thru in Las Vegas. Probably for financial reasons - outside businessmen with big dreams and no access to 'real' cash - people who wanted to attach themselves to the Jackson name, but didn't have the funds to back their words. Oh well, some of those plans looked great...

im sure they had the funds b ut the way it was proposed wasn't good enough for those involved that could've helped fund it

Regarding Listed Prices and Reserves

Just wanted to mention that some here have questioned the low estimated values of these items, especially the $4,000-$6,000 estimate given to the one of the limos. Julien's Auctions has confirmed that all prices are accurate and that they have been valued in the catalogs based on if they belonged to any ordinary person. Since the "Michael Jackson" factor wasn't considered and the prices listed are for public auctions and not private sales to antique collectors, this is why the values on many things appear cheap. There will be NO RESERVE on any of this, with no set starting bids. As such, a lot of the items may go for less than what they are estimated, while many of them will predictably go for more.

the whole point behind pricing them low is b/c it'll attract more buyers. someone on here mentioned the tea kettle for 'only' $100...realize that many others are saying the same thing so that tea kettle will go for much more than that.

um now tmz is saying mj is suing saying julien's was supposed to return his stuff but they haven't....um i bought two damn catalogues so i'd better either get them or a refund

Some of those lifesize wax figures make me wonder if the sculptor has ever even seen Michael. :lol:

Some of those lifesize wax figures make me wonder if the sculptor has ever even seen Michael. :lol:
I got a good chuckle out of these "Bad" ones on p. 75 and 171 of #5. For the latter look how huge they made his head and upper body.

Hope Mike gets his belongings back. They should be returning half of that catalogue. Personally though, I love those two elephant tables. So beautiful.

i cant see book 5 with his memrobila it keeps telling me download latest flash player even though i already have it

i wish i can go and be there :yes: :)

i hope this is o.k to post it here or not i found some links to some Auctions websites :)

hey i also found a cool website :yes: here is link :)
http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2009/michael-jackson/

here is other kinds of websites of links :) i hope this is o.k:

here is link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulscheer/sets/72157617373340442/

here is link:http://vodpod.com/watch/1560319-michael-jackson-exhibition-by-juliens-auction-part-four

this is cool this is Google website of all websites of the Auctions :) :D
here is link:http://www.google.com/search?q=mich...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ_en

Back