Michael Jackson - The Duet Album 2013?

Do you know that Michael "duetted" with Minnie Riperton on her posthumous duets album?

I guess he didn't respect her going by some of y'all's logic in here? Or maybe he was just dumb thinking it was a good idea?

I hope they do release a duets album if there are any unfinished songs. MJ clearly wasn't a snob seeing as he worked with the likes of Akon and performed with Britney and NSYNC (which I bet gave a heart attack to some of you), so I'm sure he wouldn't mind the release of such an album if they pick the artists right.

And yes, I hope they include a Lady Gaga duet -- she can sing and she can write, which is more than I can say for most the artists out there today, so I don't know what are some of you getting your panties in a twist about.

You said that very well, and I agree.

I would love to hear Duets with...

Whitney Houston (LONG over due)
Lady Gaga ( a true talent, which MJ recognised)
Beyonce (Because she loves him so)
Usher (Same reason as Beyonce)
Celine Dion (great talent and loves MJ)
His Brothers (A Family affair)
His Kids (if they wanted)
A whole host of stars for a WATW styled song

I just hope that if they do do it they do it right!

Do you know that Michael "duetted" with Minnie Riperton on her posthumous duets album?

I guess he didn't respect her going by some of y'all's logic in here? Or maybe he was just dumb thinking it was a good idea?

I hope they do release a duets album if there are any unfinished songs. MJ clearly wasn't a snob seeing as he worked with the likes of Akon and performed with Britney and NSYNC (which I bet gave a heart attack to some of you), so I'm sure he wouldn't mind the release of such an album if they pick the artists right.

And yes, I hope they include a Lady Gaga duet -- she can sing and she can write, which is more than I can say for most the artists out there today, so I don't know what are some of you getting your panties in a twist about.
I appreciate your comments and reference to Minnie Riperton. I really loved her unique voice. For me, no disrepect to any of the proposed artist such as Britney, Gaga, etc., I just have an issue with the idea of "finishing" Michael's incomplete songs whether they be duets, solo's, etc., etc., Perhaps, I could possibly support the idea of using the incomplete songs for duets with one or more of Michael's children in the future ala Nathalie/Nat King Cole. But even that would be difficult for me...

Last edited:
I like to see this release -
Freddy Mercury &MJ - There Must Be More To Life Than This. It will be a hit.

I'm totally against the idea of "finishing" incomplete songs with lyrics and partnerships that were not approved by Michael.

Oh no after that half ass production they díd on 'Michael' I don't want them to finish anyting Michael left. Just release the songs as they are.

What "stars" would you like to hear on this release? And what names should not be on this release?

It would be terrific with DAVID BOWIE, MICK JAGGER, MADONNA,STEVIE WONDER,SLASH,WHITNEY HOUSTON, DR. DRE, EMINEM, ELTON JOHN, LADY GAGA, DAVID FOSTER, BEYONCE, GREEN DAY,PRINCE, BRITNEY SPEARS.

Please NO Ne Yo, Usher, Chris Brown, Bono.:punk:

Yes, I know Michael gave background vocal on I'm In Love Again. I thought the song is beautiful.

But, it's not a fair comparison. The scenarios are different. Not to put down Minne Riperton, Michael Jackson was an artist on a league of his own. Michael was not just a vocalist, he was a creative powerhouse. Who in this world can get his vision right?

I welcome all Michael Jackson posthumous releases with open arms as long as the project is handled with love, care and respect. Unfortunately, the album MICHAEL shows not every project is done with respect.

I would love to hear Duets with...

Whitney Houston (LONG over due)
Lady Gaga ( a true talent, which MJ recognised)
Beyonce (Because she loves him so)
Usher (Same reason as Beyonce)
Celine Dion (great talent and loves MJ)
His Brothers (A Family affair)
His Kids (if they wanted)
A whole host of stars for a WATW styled song

I just hope that if they do do it they do it right!

What about Justin Bieber?

this idea makes breaking news look good! unless they were duets that mj was actually planning (obviously he wasnt) then hell no. its as tacky as hell. just release all the tracks he recorded for bad and every other album. songs mj actually finished to an extent and were created by him. strange logic i know. not getting in the "big" artists of today in to sing on a 1/4 finished track. just looks desperate and disrespectful. anyway id be surprised if sony bother after the mess of michael. stick to the re releases with a few xtras thrown in. if theres no finished recent songs then release the older ones like 12 oclock or dont bother at all

Well, this year IS the 20th Anniversary of "Dangerous", so maybe they'll re-release "Dangerous" with some bonus songs like "12 O' Clock".

They should only sell songs that Michael Jackson heard instead of creating new stuff that are absolutely not linked to him.

Well, this year IS the 20th Anniversary of "Dangerous", so maybe they'll re-release "Dangerous" with some bonus songs like "12 O' Clock".

I actually look forward to the Dangerour re-release. I hope they do the 3D album cover as limited editon again.

I think the best thing to do with the "one verse, one chorus" songs is to release double the amount as a usual album (maybe 18-20 tracks) and just call it "Michael Jackson: Unplugged" or something. Completely undedited, completely raw. At least then there's no excuse for reviewing the album badly, it says what's on the disk and anyway, Michaels half finished songs are usually better than todays over produced garbage.

Totally agree, I would love to hear such an album

When I think of duet, I think of 2 people singing together to each other, with each other, there's an interaction, a connection between 2 individuals. There's emotion, there's feeling. It's more than just two disembodied voices that someone thought would sound good recorded together. But that's just my opinion.

If they do a duet album, it needs to be artist that MJ grew up with & worked along side with in the industry. James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, etc.

If they only use artist from the last decade, it's just another cash scheme, and if they go that route, the album will fail even worse than the Michael album

EDIT- the only ones I would even consider do a duet with MJ from the last decade would be Akon & Usher. That's it.

Why can't they release songs that Michael actually completed............there's tons to pick from...............I just don't see why they keep using all the demos do make full songs..........

As lawyers to fend off the leeches...........the estate does a good job.........
But as businessmen to make good decisions............the estate sucks!!!!!!

I don't want MIchael duets. I just. want. Michael. His voice only, no others need apply!

As long ad MJ is singing on the track and not a designer imposter then I'm ok with a duet album. Michael is gone now and the rest of what we will get from the estate is scrap. All of this because dr. Murray decided toake the biggest F'up of our century.

Mj's career, like the lady in his life, is out of his hands. Moving forward all we get is left overs.

A duet album was announced as a possibility a while ago. I don't why so many of you are being so harsh towards the news now.
Thank you for your post. When I first heard about the idea of releasing a duets album, I was thinking that it would be a collection of duets which have already been released or a least finished. I never imagined that they would try to create new ones from the incomplete tracks. I believe this is why so many people are now raising concerns.

Back