Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour ~ The O2 Performance ~ October 12th, 2012

I'm amazed by the fact that only 1 UK news outlet is reporting on the Immortal show tonight in London.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2012-10-11/cirque-du-soleil-bring-new-jacko-themed-show-to-town/

I anticipated more promotion from Cirque - TV appearances etc, similar to the ones they did in the USA.

I wonder why BBC, Sky and the newspapers don't think it's worth reporting online?

Do you live in UK?

more shows in UK

RT @LiveNationUK: ANNOUNCEMENT: @Cirque will be taking the 'Michael Jackson: Immortal World Tour' to Manchester and Birmingham in March! http://t.co/BCzTyt8M

I wonder if they have left any days free so they could pop over the Irish sea so we can see them?

I saw somebody already asking LiveNation if they come over here
Rihs Irish Charm ?@xxjamiebabyxx
@LiveNationUK @cirque MJ coming to Dublin???

Fingers crossed and waiting for their reply:praying

OMG they're coming to Birmingham :bugeyed I will SO be there!!! Cannot wait :)

It's Immortal day!!! :wild:

immortalwerbungii.jpg

Wow....no posts from UK folks? Interesting.
I remember how we flooded the place after the Premiere last year.

oh we'll, I hope most enjoyed the show

Memefan;3724348 said:
Wow....no posts from UK folks? Interesting.
I remember how we flooded the place after the Premiere last year.

oh we'll, I hope most enjoyed the show

I really enjoyed it! Just one photo from inside the auditorium, and a couple from outside...one or two O2 bars / restaurants got into the swing of things, with MJ music beforehand and MJ advertising outside..

I saw 'Signature' there...just part of the crowd outside, and having their photos taken by request. Aside from that, I didn't think it had much of a 'first night' feel...but maybe I missed something.

I knew the 'giving tree' had been dispensed with, but (even though I'd only read about it), I did miss it, oddly.
The dancers were great, the lighting and pyrotechnics were great, but aside from the first 'MJ reveal' when lots of images of Michael are used, I was surprised how relatively few 'Michael' images were used later on. (I guess there were quite a lot, especially in 'Jam', but I just expected more :) ) I loved the 'Thriller', 'Smooth criminal' and and 'Drill/ TDCAU' segments. (and 'Dangerous' and 'Human Nature'...the acrobatics were terrific).

I was a bit surprised that the programmes were £15!

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/img2009hz.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/img2010nz.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/img2018x.jpg/][/URL]

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/img2024qf.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited:
I saw the show in London last night, it was great. So good to see so many MJ people there all in one place. I Saw Navi, Signature and Travis Payne from my seat in Block 111. He had a seat front and centre and could barely contain himself throughout the show. What I found surprising was that the audience didn't really get going until TDCAU. When that song ended, people started getting on their feet and clapping much more for the rest of the show IMO.
My wife was a little disappointed there wasn't more Cirque stuff going on but enjoyed the bits she did see and although I preferred the second half of the show, she said she preferred the songs in the first half.

I would say that although our seats were close to the action, I would have preferred a seat further back in the venue. Because we were halfway down the arena, next to the end of the runway, when things were happening there we were watching that and couldn't see the stuff happening on mainstage, such as the backing videos etc. I would have preferred a more frontal view, so we could see the runway aciton with the screend and dancers behind them. Anyway, it was a great show so I'm not gonna dwell on that. I heard so many people leaving saying how great they thought the show was, which was really nice.

Finally, some comments on the show! LOL! I will attend the one in Vienna in December. Bono and The Edge were there? Wow, who would have thought?

The show last night was AMAZING!!

Whilst walking around the O2 before hand, everywhere you looked was an MJ fan, i have never experienced anything like it! : D

It is a MUST SEE if you get the chance!

so were there any changes to the staging, music, dancers, lighting, setlist? What kind of audience can we expect in general? quiet on their seats like the general cirque visitor or standing and going crazy (like you should at a show like this in my opinion)?

I don't really know what changes were made as i didn't find out too much before hand so i didn't spoil any surprises
but i have the CD and they cut out Wanna Be Startin Somethin (Think thats it) oh and Remember the time / Bad isn't a performance song its just the music they put on as we were leaving.

The audience was great yesterday! Before the show started there were lots of loud "Hee Hee's" and "Ow's" and as the show started everyone was clapping and cheering "MICHAEL" : D. I remember someone shouted near the end of the show "WE LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON!"

It was AMAZING!! So good that I was on ticket master first thing and booked some for tonight too :wild:

I was too close last night in A1.. so sitting right back tonight to be able to get a view of everything going on.

I'm so excited, going there tonight!

Yeah everyone has been quiet, including those I chat to on twitter.... must have been a good night :)

And yes, I agree there has been little or no reporting on the opening night, I guess our British press still aren't interested in promoting the wonderment that is Michael.

This is from Jonathan Moffett's FB page from yesterday. I tried to watch him (and the rest of the band) as much as the stage setting allowed....I should have taken binoculars! JM certainly played his heart out!

..........................."Setting My Watch, by "Big Ben" now!!! Half way Around the world, . . . just in from 'The New World', . . . America, . . . . . to help bring "IMMORTAL", . . . 'The Michael Jackson Experience' by Cirque Du Soleil,...the has Completed our 'North American Continent Leg' of the Tour, . . . and 'Now', have brought it "Here", . . . on 'These Shores' Of Europe, Russia, and Scandinavia, . . . . to 'All' The M.J. Fans, Friends, and Admirers to See, Hear and Experience!!! 'Very Ironically', . . . on this 'Kick Off' Set Of Shows in London England, to 'Finally' come to 'Fulfill A Promised Visit', . . . to the O2 Arena, . . by Proxy!" ......."The Next Best Thing", . . . . to his being there....... His presence being known, . . . in Various mediums in the show. That he performs, in the 'Best Light Possible', as we now yet have........ It will 'Most Certainly' be "Bitter Sweet" for Me in this particular appearance, . . . "Very Much So". .....But, . . it 'IS' a Way, . . that I/'We' may find 'Some Degree', of Closure, . . . of 'Fulfillment of Performance' and Presence, as I would have done, Then....... But, . . I will Try to let and put my "Joy Of Celebration" of him, . . . 'Before and Above' my sadness of deprivation, and The 'Slipping Away', . . 3 Year Afore......
So, I will Play, and Play, and 'Play', . . . to Celebrate his Life, . . . " JUST AS IF" he were 'There', . . . "Right In Front Of Me", . . . . and as he Expected of and from me, . . and 'Needed' me to. .......To 'Inspire Him' to 'The HEIGHTS OF HIS ABILITIES', And THEN SOME"!!!. .........To "THRILL" his Audiences, . . . . . as 'ONLY' A 'TRUE THRILLER' Could and Can do!!!.......
So, . . . . . if You're a 'Serious' and Dedicated Michael Jackson Fan, . . . . . . . then "I'll See You 'THERE', . . under the Dome of the O2 Arena!!!" .........That you may come to 'Love and Experience', . . . . . . 'The IMMORTALITY' of the "Immortal", . . . . Michael Jackson, . . . . "KING OF POP", . . . . "Prince, Of Love", . . . . . and "Illustrator", . . . of 'Greatness', . . . that a Child, . . . . become a Boy, . . . . . . become a young adult, . . . . . . become A Man, . . . to become, . . . in This, . . OUR Generation, . . . . an "ICON"!!! .........."Come To Love", . . . . "The LOVE", . . . that is Michael's........
"His Music, Artistry, . . . . and his Magnetism!!!"....._

I saw the show in London last night, it was great. So good to see so many MJ people there all in one place. I Saw Navi, Signature and Travis Payne from my seat in Block 111. He had a seat front and centre and could barely contain himself throughout the show. What I found surprising was that the audience didn't really get going until TDCAU. When that song ended, people started getting on their feet and clapping much more for the rest of the show IMO.
My wife was a little disappointed there wasn't more Cirque stuff going on but enjoyed the bits she did see and although I preferred the second half of the show, she said she preferred the songs in the first half.

I would say that although our seats were close to the action, I would have preferred a seat further back in the venue. Because we were halfway down the arena, next to the end of the runway, when things were happening there we were watching that and couldn't see the stuff happening on mainstage, such as the backing videos etc. I would have preferred a more frontal view, so we could see the runway aciton with the screend and dancers behind them. Anyway, it was a great show so I'm not gonna dwell on that. I heard so many people leaving saying how great they thought the show was, which was really nice.

I've seen a comment elsewhere that John Branca was sitting next to Travis Payne.
(I missed seeing both of them...too far back).

Xscape2041
so were there any changes to the staging, music, dancers, lighting, setlist? What kind of audience can we expect in general? quiet on their seats like the general cirque visitor or standing and going crazy (like you should at a show like this in my opinion)?

As to changes from the original, I think PurpleParrot summarised them all here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...du-Soleil-Michael-Jackson-Immortal-World-Tour
I think the London show seems to be very much what PurpleParrrot was predicting, back in May

One nice thing about the audience was the very wide age range, from young children to the quite elderly, so it seems to be (rightly) very much seen as a 'a family night out'. I was walking behind some older people on the way out, and they were being very complimentary about it.

Last edited:
So they did cut "Dancing Machine"? I saw a tweet about "Can You Feel It" Did they do the song just without the rings? I just wish so much I could see this at the O2. So significant. You guys are doing it for Michael! Was it a sell out? Thanks you guys! For everything...

They cut out Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and Somebody's Watching Me/Threatened, along with the usual songs they've taken to cut out (Shake Your Body and Gone Too Soon). Can You Feel It is in there, and there is a ring acrobatic routine but it's not throughout the whole piece. The Jackson 5 Medley replaced Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' in the set order.

So they did cut "Dancing Machine"? I saw a tweet about "Can You Feel It" Did they do the song just without the rings? I just wish so much I could see this at the O2. So significant. You guys are doing it for Michael! Was it a sell out? Thanks you guys! For everything...

Dancing machine was in. :)

The set list was:

*Workin' Day and Night
* The Immortal Intro
* Childhood
* The Jackson 5 Medley
* Dancing Machine
* Ben (Interlude)
* This Place Hotel
* Smooth Criminal
* Dangerous
* The Mime Segment
* Speechless/Human Nature
* Is It Scary
* Thriller
* The Fanatic Search (a music-less moment where one of the Fanatics dances among the audience, with the other four looking for him).
* You Are Not Alone/I Just Can't Stop Loving You
* Beat It/State of Shock
* Jam
* Earth Song
* Scream/Little Susie ("sunrise, sunset" piece in Little Susie cut) (followed by short piano interlude of Gone Too Soon)
* Privacy/They Don't Care About Us
* Will You Be There
* I'll Be There
* Immortal Megamix (all four pieces intact)
* Man in the Mirror

Last edited:
I was there on Friday night and I loved it. I think the second half was better and like Bobmoo79, I was surprised it took so long for the crowd to get going. But it was a great show and everyone around me seemed to be enjoying it.

My favourite parts were Smooth Criminal, Dangerous, the Immortal Megamix , TDCAU and Will You Be There. I hope more fans post their thoughts on the show when they get the time.

Back