Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour ~ The O2 Performance ~ October 12th, 2012

It was INCREDIBLE. Honestly, everyone just said **** it and got up and danced. The way MJ should be celebrated. It was tough because I should've seen Michael there, but it was absolutely brilliant and paid a fitting tribute.

Thanks you guys for the feedback! Makes me feel a part some how:) Did they still have the guys dressed like bats? I loved them!

I can't wait to see it again this Friday!! It made me laugh, it made cry, it made me dance, it made me feel love...it is MICHAEL :) Anyone going this Friday?

Yesterday,I was thinking how come there has Ben no reviews coming out of UK....now, after reading this, I am like, best to go back to no review at all.

http://bit.ly/WnuqKI

Yesterday,I was thinking how come there has Ben no reviews coming out of UK....now, after reading this, I am like, best to go back to no review at all.

http://bit.ly/WnuqKI

Bringing up the allegations in a review about the Cirque show... how very unprofessional! But unfortunately very predictable. When there is nothing you can bash Michael with, you can always play the allegations card... :smilerolleyes:

How pathetic of them, but as you said it's so, so predictable. I never expected the crowd to react to every song like it was an actual Michael Jackson concert. That's what everyone has to keep in mind when they see this: It's NOT a Michael Jackson concert and it's NOT a true Cirque Du Soleil show. It's an incredible hybrid where the best qualities of both are integrated beautifully. As Travis said in a news report over here: it's an insight into Michael's creative world; in a way, what his tours would've looked like in his head, with no restrictions by reality. That's the true wonderment of the show; it encapsulates everything a song is through dance, acrobatics and incredible set design.

Really pethetic "review"...

And I will never understand people who are leaving a show before it's finished, no matter what show it is (see one comment under the article).

I guess u leave early if u dont like it.want to beat the traffic etc i see loads leave early before encores at the venue i work at. same at the footie ground i work at. strange when u have paid for a ticket but there u go

gotta love how the reviewer must be so pissed that mj is still loved no matter what ppl like him try to do. shame lol

Ignore the reviews from the British media. They do this every time. They would have done the same for TII no matter how good the show was. The media in this country have the collective intelligence of a cardboard box and will bash Michael at any opportunity.

I can say, as a lifelong fan of Michael and of good live shows in general, that this was the best show I've ever seen, second only to seeing Michael himself. The atmosphere was fantastic. Fans of all ages from toddlers to old people were there dressed in Mj tshirts and outfits. This show, as has been stated by Cirque numerous times, is a pop concert with Cirque elements, not a traditional Cirque show. That will be what the Vegas show is. And Immortal delivered. Seeing Michael's band playing his music together on that stage was very emotional. Sugarfoot played the hell out of Scream. They Don't Care About Us was a particular highlight as it was close to how Michael would have performed it at that very venue complete with the marching soldiers on the video screen.

The costumes, choreography, visual effects, acrobatics and aerial ballet were all of exceptional quality. The mime chracter in particular brought Michael's spirit, literally, to the role. Some people were concerned about the loss of the ring act in Can You Feel It, but in my opinion the alternate ring act they used was actually better. The guy who swings right up to the top of the arena must have a death wish! The show has had a lot of changes, for the better. It runs more smoothly than it did in the States I think. The giving tree is now gone as the trunk part has now been converted into two video screens which are in a fixed position. I think this worked better.

I am going to this show again next week and I highly recommend it to all Mj fans. The highlight for me was finally seeing 18,000 people on their feet for Man In The Mirror at the O2 Arena, as they would have been three years ago. The show is emotional and you'll need tissues but it is a heartwarming and masterful tribute by a team of very talented Cirque artists and Mj collaborators.

If your an Mj fan, do yourself a big favour and go. And as Michael said "don't read the tabloids."

The British press loves sounding cynical and bitter, it's part of what they think is their charm.

They will never say anything nice about him because they feel they need to put in something really trashy and negative about him in order to "balance" it out. That's how they perceive themselves as being fair and unbiased.

Ignore the reviews from the British media. They do this every time. They would have done the same for TII no matter how good the show was. The media in this country have the collective intelligence of a cardboard box and will bash Michael at any opportunity.

I can say, as a lifelong fan of Michael and of good live shows in general, that this was the best show I've ever seen, second only to seeing Michael himself. The atmosphere was fantastic. Fans of all ages from toddlers to old people were there dressed in Mj tshirts and outfits. This show, as has been stated by Cirque numerous times, is a pop concert with Cirque elements, not a traditional Cirque show. That will be what the Vegas show is. And Immortal delivered. Seeing Michael's band playing his music together on that stage was very emotional. Sugarfoot played the hell out of Scream. They Don't Care About Us was a particular highlight as it was close to how Michael would have performed it at that very venue complete with the marching soldiers on the video screen.

The costumes, choreography, visual effects, acrobatics and aerial ballet were all of exceptional quality. The mime chracter in particular brought Michael's spirit, literally, to the role. Some people were concerned about the loss of the ring act in Can You Feel It, but in my opinion the alternate ring act they used was actually better. The guy who swings right up to the top of the arena must have a death wish! The show has had a lot of changes, for the better. It runs more smoothly than it did in the States I think. The giving tree is now gone as the trunk part has now been converted into two video screens which are in a fixed position. I think this worked better.

I am going to this show again next week and I highly recommend it to all Mj fans. The highlight for me was finally seeing 18,000 people on their feet for Man In The Mirror at the O2 Arena, as they would have been three years ago. The show is emotional and you'll need tissues but it is a heartwarming and masterful tribute by a team of very talented Cirque artists and Mj collaborators.

If your an Mj fan, do yourself a big favour and go. And as Michael said "don't read the tabloids."

Thank you StellaJackson. That was beautiful
I wish you would write your review as a comment on that site
including the part about the media.

The reviews are absolutely ridiculous! sickens me how they always do this.

The show is mind blowing, couldn't be better IMO yet they come out with crap.. If that wasn't good then what were they expecting? Really baffles me.

Went on friday. Wow!. I was never fortunate enough to see MJ live so this was most certainly the best Michael related show i have ever been to, probably the best show i have been to full stop!. I loved every song, the performers, i loved everything about it and so did my brother who is not even into MJ. He thought it was amazing aswell. He hadn't heard lots of those songs before and liked how they incorporated some of Michaels lesser known songs. I loved when Bubbles came out lol, he looked so real from where i was sitting. God i loved Childhood, Billie Jean, Thriller. It was breathtaking. Of course, as it always does, the end of Will You Be There got to me, couldn't stop the tears and for that to be followed by video of young Michael singing I'll Be There was sad yet so beautiful.

As for the above review and one i read online today from the guardian, they are both shocking and clueless. It is as though these critics go to the show thinking "i bet they don't include (as they put it "darker") moments of Michaels life" and when they don't include it they instantly forget how brilliant the show actually was and just base their whole article on the fact that there was no "Darker" aspects. It is ignorant and pathetic. I only looked for an online review because i was hoping than maybe just maybe there would be a brilliant review from UK Press. I don't touch the newspapers over here let alone read them. I try to avoid eye contact with them all together.

The show was Incredible though, if your in the UK you have got to see this before it leaves

Thank you, it was great reading how you feel about the show. I read it 3 times in fact :)

Oh yes the British press, they are not happy unless they are crucifying someone. They are worst with Michael because, despite their best efforts, Michael still has a huge UK following.

I went to the show on Saturday with my hubby and my two youngest children (13 & 7) and (ok towards the end) there were many people up dancing and all the performers received a standing ovation. I noticed a handful of people leaving just before it ended, but you will always find that anywhere you go.

The show was amazing. I really don't have the vocabulary to put into words exactly how I found it, but briefly, it was the most fitting tribute for Michael that I could ever wish for. It felt like it was put together with so much love and respect and that they truly knew and understood all that Michael was about. Fantastic that they included his Oxford union speech and the videos that were meant for TII.

My husband enjoyed it, my children were just mesmerised and I was very emotional, I felt deep grief and deep joy all at the same time. I urge everyone who can attend to go and see it, I know some fans wont attend based on the fact that the Cirque wouldn't have done this if Michael was still alive, well I'm sure that is true, but Michael deserves to be celebrated in a respectful and fitting tribute - and The Immortal world tour does just that.

I know some fans wont attend based on the fact that the Cirque wouldn't have done this if Michael was still alive, well I'm sure that is true, but Michael deserves to be celebrated in a respectful and fitting tribute - and The Immortal world tour does just that.

I can relate, basically this show shouldn't even exist. But conerning the circumstances I'm glad it does and I can't wait to see it!

I can relate, basically this show shouldn't even exist. But conerning the circumstances I'm glad it does and I can't wait to see it!

I too get where they are coming from, but what is the alternative? Nothing? As sad as it is Michael deserves to be celebrated, he deserves a tribute like no other because he was like no other.

Something I thought when I first saw the trailer and storyboards for IMMORTAL was that it was going to be This Is It incarnate; taking the ideas from it and infusing them with Cirque's energy. I thought that it would be a great way of helping the tour see its ultimate destiny as a continuous live piece. But upon seeing it on Friday, I was completely wrong... In some cases. No, IMMORTAL doesn't try to be This Is It, but it can't help but take come ideas from it. After all, beyond the loose narrative involving the Fanatics, the entire show is a journey into Michael's world; a place where every song is given an identity. Michael didn't really utilize this concept on-stage (save for songs like Thriller and Smooth Criminal with obvious motifs), but he began doing so for This Is It with the use of the vignettes. Film was really his medium to create his full vision for a song that he saw in his head. Is is therefore unavoidable that the show that wishes to approximate Michael's vision for songs would use some ideas from This Is It: mostly for Smooth Criminal, Earth Song and They Don't Care About Us. While it uses some ideas, it never really tries to be This Is It, but instead to carry its spirit on in these little sections. It's by far the ultimate tribute to everything Michael was. I'm suffering from the flu so my initial thoughts about it weren't very collected, but upon reflection it truly is the best theatrical performance I've ever seen, with hardly any competition for the best live performance I've ever seen. My words cannot do it justice, and not even just listening to the IMMORTAL album can! It's something that has to be seen and heard at the same time to fully immerse yourself in. That's why I hope that when the show stops touring, they'll release an official DVD of the show, as it's my understanding that the residential show will be a completely different one from IMMORTAL. Cirque have released their shows on DVD before, but not every show. Certainly not The Beatles LOVE or Viva Elvis. But I think this show deserves to be released some time after it's finished touring because this is something that has to be seen. It literally immortalises everything Michael stood for through his music and iconography.

I always kinda wondered why apart from Travis, Rich+Tone + Sugarfoot they didn't use anybody else from TII. Was it to "close" for them or weren't they even asked?
Does anybody know?

I wonder if these reviewers do the same to polanski when he releases a film or are they to busy kissing his arse. this show is about the music nothing more. i guess they cant handle anything that isnt a hatchet documentry.especially the guardian that have that ferritti scum working for them maybe they should have played evan on tape blackmailing mj during the show would that have made the reviewer happy?! no thought not. these fools hate it when mj is celebrated they really need to get over themselves they will never stop ppl from supporting mj with their agendas and lies. "half of me u will never be so dont u feel threatened by me"

Last edited:
The show has had a lot of changes, for the better. It runs more smoothly than it did in the States I think. The giving tree is now gone as the trunk part has now been converted into two video screens which are in a fixed position. I think this worked better.

"

Can you elaborate why it is smoother/works better? I'm still a bit sceptical about the cuts, because it seems a lot (Shake your body, Ben, Gone to Soon, Wanna be startin' somethin', Threatened, and other small details)
Loved the "tree" costumes of wanna be startin somethin in the first trailer :-/

I saw it on Friday. I loved it. Made me feel all kinds of emotions. I'm going again for sure!!!!

Everyone should go :)

I met the boss of Cirque on the 12th, and he said I moved more than his dancers did and he gave me an Immortal poster. What a nice man, oh and he said they might do a Blu-Ray/DVD when they finish touring :)

Wait, you danced for him? o_O

Good news about the possible DVD release; the show deserves it... As well as the documentary I'm currently trying to watch (damn German overdubs...)

I met the boss of Cirque on the 12th, and he said I moved more than his dancers did and he gave me an Immortal poster. What a nice man, oh and he said they might do a Blu-Ray/DVD when they finish touring :)

Unfortunately Cirque DVDs tend to be very expensive, but I'd buy this one.

There's no point in ignoring bad reviews and there's certainly no point moaning about them here if you don't make the effort to confront the viewers on their own sites first.

Wait, you danced for him? o_O

Good news about the possible DVD release; the show deserves it... As well as the documentary I'm currently trying to watch (damn German overdubs...)
Oh no he must've seen me during the show! :)

Can you elaborate why it is smoother/works better? I'm still a bit sceptical about the cuts, because it seems a lot (Shake your body, Ben, Gone to Soon, Wanna be startin' somethin', Threatened, and other small details)
Loved the "tree" costumes of wanna be startin somethin in the first trailer :-/

Ben is still there but it's been shortened. Shake Your Body was just the fanatics messing around and didn't really go anywhere. I think they removed Gone Too Soon because the second half had a lot of ballads and they wanted to liven it up more. As for Startin Somethin, the whole giving tree concept is now gone so it doesn't make sense with the outfits plus I felt that narratively it worked better by having the exciting intro and then joining Childhood with the J5 medley just fits better. The loss of Michael's childhood and his career with the J5 go hand in hand after all. The show is shorter but it feels more streamlined and more impactful as a result.

PS - the percussionist who played the bongos strapped to his front during WBSS now does it during Can You Feel It instead.

Back