Michael Jackson : The Live Seance on Sky One (UK)

Ohhh, so...he didn't want to exploit someone's death, but big bad Sky made him? Poor dear...:rolleyes:

Whoever this guy is, whether he is fake or not, he is exploiting Michael's death and thousands of grieving fans in return for money. Period.

Next time you see him, please ask him where his integrity is. Thanks.

exploiting Michael's death ???? derek as a gift to be able to contact spirit , as for exploiting Michael's death alot worse things are happenin at min to do that but i guess youve paid money for those ??

and what everyone fails to know is that derek gets no money out of this its all charity

exploiting Michael's death ???? derek as a gift to be able to contact spirit , as for exploiting Michael's death alot worse things are happenin at min to do that but i guess youve paid money for those ??

Are you kidding me? Really?

1) This guy is getting rich by taking advantage of the fact that there are a lot of vulnerable, grieving fans willing to do anything to be able to connect to their idol. This isn't about letting those people connect to him - it's about money, fame and ratings. Period.
Even in death, people are finding any way they can to squeeze money out of Michael's name.

2) You don't know anything about what I buy or don't buy. And besides, what are you even referring to? This Is It? Because I haven't purchased that, thanks.

From what others have said on this thread, your friend has been proven to be a fake. But even if he isn't a fake, as you say, it's still wrong to get rich off a dead man.

It all comes down to integrity, which this man and Sky are sorely lacking.

and what everyone fails to know is that derek gets no money out of this its all charity

Uh, what? You just said, and I quote, "he didnt want to do this hes told me but sky offer alot of money and well lets just say he can t say no".

Get your story straight.

I don't usually argue on this site or get worked up, but this is so disrespectful.

1) This guy is getting rich by taking advantage of the fact that there are a lot of vulnerable, grieving fans willing to do anything to be able to connect to their idol. This isn't about letting those people connect to him - it's about money, fame and ratings. Period.
Even in death, people are finding any way they can to squeeze money out of Michael's name.

2) You don't know anything about what I buy or don't buy. And besides, what are you even referring to? This Is It? Because I haven't purchased that, thanks.

From what others have said on this thread, your friend has been proven to be a fake. But even if he isn't a fake, as you say, it's still wrong to get rich off a dead man.

like i said derek gets no money out of this its all to charity unlike other things that are making money on michael , i dnt like people bashing a freind of mine cus if derek came on here bashing michael all hell wud break loose

Uh, what? You just said, and I quote, "he didnt want to do this hes told me but sky offer alot of money and well lets just say he can t say no".

Get your story straight.

I don't usually argue on this site or get worked up, but this is so disrespectful.

yes he cant say no that money goes to charity to help people in need you know CHARITY!!!! wind ya neck in

Ohhh, so...he didn't want to exploit someone's death, but big bad Sky made him? Poor dear...:rolleyes:

Whoever this guy is, whether he is fake or not, he is exploiting Michael's death and thousands of grieving fans in return for money. Period.

Next time you see him, please ask him where his integrity is. Thanks.
these sorts of ppl dont have any.if they did they wouldnt charge ppl and make livings off there supposed gifts did jesus charge for his miracles?. gotta love his advert on sky for his new programe. someone had a dog that thought it was human.well most dog owners will tell you their dog is like that. and even better the man who died was family orientated. well that cuts its down alot. next they will be asking did anyone here lose a family member. shame on them for doing this.abused in death as in life.they obviously dont care about how mjs family and friends/fans feel. anyway im sure they will come up with some crap to make it look like they got a result. scummy murdoch companies at their best

yes he cant say no that money goes to charity to help people in need you know CHARITY!!!! wind ya neck in

1) I know what charity is, thanks. And it's interesting how you didn't say that in the first place.

2) Can you provide us with a link the back up what you're saying? Because if not, I can't say I believe that at all.

3) Wind ya neck in? I have no idea what that means, but I'm assuming it's ignorant and disrespectful.

Even if Derek is a real medium, if Mike doesn't show up he will have to start fabricating things won't he? Because you can't have a live seance and have nothing happen on a major channel like Sky.

It's a sad attempt by Sky to bring in new viewers, desperate measures. I bet they're writing the script as we speak.

yeah pathetic and disresepectful do they ahve a habit of conducting seances without permission of the the family or is it just mike that gets the special treatment in order to get some free publicity and viewers.sum up the sick society we live in. at least mike is free from it now

I see... so Michael's still a human ATM machine even after death, huh--disgusting. I would think that Michael would have no interest in participating in something like this. RiDONKulous.

LOL, that word gave me a laugh, so thanks! :lol:

What a load of BS. As if...just as if. Can't even be bothered to elaborate.
littlesparrow, I agree with all you said.

Psychic Derek Acorah is set to try and contact Michael Jackson in a live TV séance. ***** fan June Sarpong is to host the hour-long show show, Michael Jackson: The Live Séance, which will air on Sky One next month. 59 year-old Derek will try to make communicate with Michael to find out his views on his untimely death. Jackson’s friend Ola Ray, who appeared in the Thriller video says: “***** was taken too early so it feels right for Derek to try and get in touch.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychic medium Derek Acorah will attempt to contact Michael Jackson in a live séance on Sky1.
Two newly commissioned shows, Michael Jackson: The Live Séance and Michael Jackson: The Search For His Spirit, will air in November.
June Sarpong will host the events, which aim to give fans "a final chance to connect with their hero". The séance will apparently take place at a secret location which was once inhabited by the 'Thriller' popstar.
"There is an insatiable appetite to find out more about Michael Jackson. He was an extraordinary figure and the curiosity surrounding his life - and his death - stretches well beyond fans of his music," said Sky1 director of programmes Stuart Murphy.
"These programmes will explore whether it is possible to make contact with Michael and will seek to give his fans new insight into their idol."
Former T4 presenter Sarpong added: "I think viewers will find this programme intriguing and will want to tune in to see what happens. It's the first time I've done anything like this but I'm open minded and can't wait to see what Derek uncovers."

For everyone living outside of the UK this is Derek Acorah :
http://www.derekacorah.org/
and one of his most famous videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk15U1T6_Nk

So whats everyones thoughts on this! :doh:

whut?!? o_O

its nearly as bad as joe charging $3000 to watch TII with him and have dinner. whether slapping him round the head is included in the price i dunno

Did they ask the family first? This feels so disrespectful.

If this sort of thing is even real I doubt Michael would talk to one of these people anyway.

I cannot believe this. Now I'm going to say wether Derek has an ability or not because I honestly don't know but I can't help but feel that this is only being done to draw in ratings.

1) I know what charity is, thanks. And it's interesting how you didn't say that in the first place.

2) Can you provide us with a link the back up what you're saying? Because if not, I can't say I believe that at all.

3) Wind ya neck in? I have no idea what that means, but I'm assuming it's ignorant and disrespectful.

I don't believe the charity angle. At first, this person said his friend DID NOT want to do the show but SKY offered a lot of money so he took the bait.

He is profiteering from MJ's death.

I hope & pray all the UK fans WILL NOT participate in this crap by watching the show.

They should boycott the show altogether.

This is what Derren Brown said on the matter:

http://derrenbrown.co.uk/blog/2009/10/derek-acorah-conduct-michael-jackson-seance-sky/

Yes indeedy. You heard it here first. Unless you read Broadcast.

Can you honestly imagine anything – anything – more anus-invertingly unpalatable than this? I hate myself for drawing attention to it. “The shows were ordered by Sky 1 HD commissioning editor Clare Hollywood, who will also executive produce. Steve Regan and Melanie Leach exec produce for Twofour.” And we salute them for it.

So proud to be in telly.

DBx

Judging by the reaction to this on the British entertainment forums it has been met with unanimous disdain by everyone, not just MJ fans.

This so-called "spiritual" person is a proven FAKER. But not only that, in this TV show he's planning on doing, he is going to discredit HIMSELF! :lol: Cos it's just too ridiculous. :doh:

Derek Acorah is a has-been that's jumping on the MJ bandwagon looking for attention. Quite sad, really.

Yes, the guy is a fraud I remember i saw him in my local Tesco's once, he had just been banned for driving. I shouted "Sam didn't warn you you were going to get banned for driving did he?". He didn't look best pleased!

But we will tear him apart when he tries to give information that will be wrong & he obviously hasn't checked his facts....

Derek Acorah is amusing to watch, but totally fake. I wish he wouldn't do this, but just about everyone is trying to cash in at this point, so it's not surprising.

i think it will be interesting, i say lets take it with a pinch of salt lol

Im very naive.. I used to love Derek Acorah and ''Most Haunted''.. But now Im not so sure.. Everyone says he is a fraud and I guess I have to agree... Sad that Michael needs to get involved in this shit.

Back