Michael Jackson : The Live Seance on Sky One (UK)

Thanks for those links. That Guardian article, man:
"If you were watching Sky One on Saturday night, count yourself lucky - you saw what will easily be remembered as the worst single hour of television produced in 2009...Acorah's manipulation of the vulnerable was in such bad taste that it couldn't be seen as entertainment on any discernible level."

This media critique live-blogged it and was equally brutal:

Michael Jackson: He’s Turning In His Grave Now
November 6, 2009
Michael Jackson: The Live Seance

It was carefully orchestrated, cynical, unbelievable tosh, designed to appeal to obsessive fans and advertisers...

“It’s been emotional,” droned Sarpong. No, it hadn’t. It had just been a boring, tragic, badly acted waste of an hour’s programming.

You know how it's hard to look away from a car wreck as you pass it?

Well, here it is: Michael Jackson - The Live Seance part 1

I'm going to watch it now... don't try to stop me... it's too late... can't turn away...

*you know you wanna see it...

You know how it's hard to look away from a car wreck as you pass it?

Well, here it is: Michael Jackson - The Live Seance part 1

I'm going to watch it now... don't try to stop me... it's too late... can't turn away...

*you know you wanna see it...

Thanks for posting it, actually. I do want to watch it, keeping all this stuff in mind...
I can't stand this Acorah guy, but I have some free time and I'm awfully curious!

Did anyone see Harry Hills TV Burp, at the end of the day the whole thing was just entertainment, don't take life so serious, even Ackorah took the piss out of himself on Harry Hill, it was a waste of an hours TV, but hey its Sky TV what do you expect, its not the BBC.

I watched it on youtube the other day and I have just one word. Pathetic! :sleep:

I'm curious to hear from the many, many posters here who were urgently seeking signatures on a petition to stop this or wrote in that they signed it.

What are you all thinking about it at this point? Was it what you feared, better, worse?

Obviously those of us who are skeptics remain skeptics, so we're comfortable saying so. But really, what are your feelings about this? You're pretty quiet, but you surely have heard synopses by now even if you refused to see it. Was anyone's mind changed? Or did it confirm your beliefs? Do you think Acorah disturbed MJ as you feared?

Back