Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

Is't a leading project for the main announcement to come later this year. We're weeks away from an announcement of a halloween themed album.

I hope you're right :angel:

Hess said:
Thriller, Ghosts, Is It Scary, Threatened - and maybe MJ had some Halloween themed songs in the vault too? Release Thriller/Ghosts on Blu-Ray and then a Halloween Album - would be kind of cool really!!

Excellent ideas! :D

Why people would support something they don't care about? I'm not sure if I will ever watch this. Estate has made many great projects like Bad 25, Wembley and Xscape.

I'm not saying that people should support something they don't care about, but they don't have to rant and rave all over the net saying how bad the project is, saying it is an insult, slating the MJ Estate etc. Nobody has seen the show yet. Nobody knows if it's any good (and nobody knows if it's bad!). It's immature and stupid to destroy its chances of success just because it's not what somebody expected or wanted (that's not aimed at you personally).

If somebody doesn't like it, they should simply move on.

MJ is not here and the MJ Estate's job is to keep their business profitable for the future by prolonging MJ's legacy. To do that they need to keep attracting new fans. They can't only appeal to the existing fanbase, which incidentally is overly critical and exceedling ungrateful(!), because the legacy will slowly die. In fact I would argue that because the existing fan base cannot be appeased the MJ Estate is doing exactly the right thing by trying to attract a different crowd - some people who may actually appreciate what they're doing!

There seems to be nothing the Estate can do to keep this current fan base happy!

So here's an example of the damage the fan base is doing....

CBS are broadcasting this show in the USA.
The MJ Estate are attempting to line up other broadcasters around the world to buy the show so that they can broadcast it themselves. Now, judging from the overly negative reaction from MJ's own fan base before they've even seen the show, what do you think the outcome will be?!?

My guess is if any of the broadcasters do a quick search on the internet to guage reaction to the show they will decide to either not buy the show at all or will be willing to pay a reduced amount for the show. The primary channels would most likely just not buy it, leaving it up to those second and third tier channels to buy it. The MJ Estate won't make as much money, the disinterest from broadcasters reduces the chances of future TV projects. The reduced audience for the show means less exposure for the MJ brand, fewer new fans coming onboard, fewer older fans rediscovering MJ.

Now, IF the fan community were positive and spread a good vibe around the world, what do you think could happen?

MORE broadcasters may be prepared to show it, including those high profile mainstream channels (e.g. ITV instead of Channel 5 in the UK)
The price they're willing to pay may be higher!
The show may be broadcast at primetime.

These things may mean larger audiences. Assuming the show is good (why not assume that for now?!) more new fans, more money for the estate, more future TV projects, a net increase in the value of MJ's legacy.

that is if thet do put actual mj music in it....which look like they might not. Wouldnt surpise me if they get navi do re record the songs and put them in

This is an MJ Estate project. What on Earth makes you think they wouldn't use MJ's own music??

Of course they will, although I wouldn't be surprised if it will be (subtly I hope) updated for a more modern sound.....(leaves room before the next outrage begins!)

Don't you mean the members of MJJC have a tendency? much like the fans pretty much all over various platforms seem to be too.

Anyway - it's all very well having projects like this, I'm sure kids will love it - however hyping like they have done to the hardcore fans really was a bit silly in my book.

I couldn't agree with the bolded part anymore. You put it perfectly Gaz.
As a fan I'm fully aware that the Estate has an obligation to get more fans interested in the genius of Michael, so I understand this project. Although I do think it would have been smarter for them to have kept this low key and not tease fans with announcement. I'm not really disappointed by this, because I didn't get my hopes up.
As for the project itself if it's broadcast in the UK, I'll watch it with my nephew who's 5 and is really starting to dig Mike and my girlfriend an her cousin who's loves MJ, we bought her a fedora and Thriller jacket that she always wears.
To me that's what being a fan is all about, sharing our hero with the next generation

Online article (positive):

Why I'm Thrilled that a Michael Jackson animated special is happening this year.

Michael Jackson was pretty special to a lot of people.

Special enough, in fact, that a little more than eight years after the sudden, saddening loss of the Grammy-winning music genius, a Halloween-themed animated special centered on the beats, pops, and vocal effects that the 50-year-old left to the planet in the wake of his death, will air later this year, just in time for the annual boo-fest.

And for the record, I couldn’t be prouder, happier, and just about moved to tears to learn of this news. And also, no, I am not ashamed to own or publicize my tears. In fact, the world probably could do better with owning their feelings, kind of like Michael tried to teach all of us through his music.

But, I digress.

The reason why the news of CBS’ plan to air the one-hour long cartoon special, Michael Jackson’s Halloween, themed around the only album that could go with it, Jackson’s seminal Thriller; an album that still charts at least once a year on the Billboard Top 200 (along with a mix of MJ compilations that always include some, if not all, of the seven singles released from the nine-song long 1982 recording), is wonderful to yours truly is for one reason and one reason only.

It means that despite everything that most of us have heard about him, the thing that made Michael Jackson special; his gift of music, has finally found a way to outwit, outrun, and outlast the gossip.

And you know of the gossip, I’m sure. The many whispers. The ones that, just this week, began to hit the headlines again for the umpteenth time since the special Michael Jackson departed this Earth. Whether you believe those rumors or not is up to you, but what I believe at this moment is that for the first time since they’ve been uttered, they’re not the only focus of Michael Jackson being in the headlines.

Right now, it’s also about his music. Right now, there’s also talk about whether the album is too dated for present times for a television show in 2017, or whether anyone wants to actually see a Michael Jackson Halloween animated special in 2017, some fans included — and no, there’s not actually wrong with having a third, for the record (following the short films for Thriller and Ghosts, of course).

But with that said, with the storm finally starting to lift on the life of someone who was far too special than anyone ever could’ve imagined, perhaps now, we can finally begin to get back to Michael Jackson’s ultimate dream of making the world a better place through his forever-amazing music.

Perhaps now, the young kids who this Michael Jackson animated special in geared toward, won’t grow up only knowing of him as the “joke” their parents made him out to be.

Perhaps they can be the ones to carry his music and magic over to the next generation without the shame and/or judgment that came along for us with standing by the belief that the King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson, the blessed son of Katherine and Joe Jackson, brother of Janet, Tito, Marlon, Randy, Rebbie, Jackie, Jermaine, LaToya, and the late Brandon, father of “Prince” Michael Jr., Paris-Katherine and Prince Michael Jackson II, whom he affectionately relayed to as Blanket for the “blanket” of love that he felt for his children, was actually a good guy.

Maybe now, in 2017, we can start reminding the world just how loving, wonderful, magical, powerful, inspirational, and special Michael Jackson truly was.

And it can all begin, ironically and finally, with a Michael Jackson animated special in 2017.

http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4360650/michael-jackson-animated-special-opinion/

respect77;4199923 said:
No one promised us anything (in fact Branca already said we aren't getting any new music any time soon). It were fans who were getting their hopes high (sometimes irrealisticly high), so I can't see how they "failed". Maybe hard core fans are just not the target audience of this project? We will see if this project is "a fail" when it is released.
This is precisely why fans need to let go of the nonexistent Dangerous 25 project. A D25 album will need to include some unreleased songs from that era (just like Bad 25) and some remixes. Branca has made it clear we aren’t getting new songs as of right now, hence no D25. Dangerous is my favorite album, and I wanted it more than anyone but I have accepted that it's not happening.

8701girl;4199958 said:
that is if thet do put actual mj music in it....which look like they might not. Wouldnt surpise me if they get navi do re record the songs and put them in
Where did you get the idea that they aren't using Michael's music? It says in all the articles posted that MJ's music will be the soundtrack of the show and it will even feature Michael in animated form (very cool). This is a project by the Michael Jackson Estate, so CBS is authorized to use his music.

So many fans are making off the wall (pun intended) assumptions about this before we even have the details.

Tony R;4199930 said:
The really great news is that in 2042 we're getting a MICHAEL JACKSON HALLOWEEN ANIMATED SPECIAL 8 DISC BOX SET.

Come on guys, don't deny it. You know it to be true.

:rofl:

I think some people here should cut negative fans some slack. I think the reason many are disappointed with this is not necessarily because of what it is, but because this is a project no one asked for and there are MANY things that the Estate could have done but still have not. They practically ignored Dangerous 25 but did that weak Off The Wall thing which I think was pretty pointless.

Fake songs, terrible impersonator hologram, poor quality music videos, no Dangerous 25 etc. etc. It feels like they don't really care about quality or artistry, and they don't care about MJ's work much after Thriller/Bad. I will say that Xscape was good. Bad25 was good, (documentary very good) although they still messed up with a VHS quality show, when HD film reel sources are available.

If they want a halloween theme, why can't they release Ghosts, (including making of) and the Making Of Thriller on DVD/Blu Ray? Why can't they get some quality official merchandise going? Why can't they release Captain EO? Work out a deal with the Jacksons and release Victory/Triumph/Destiny tours? Release some alternate special mixes of his songs like some fans on YouTube do with the leaked multitracks?

This animated thing could be ok for kids, and I know MJ loved cartoons... But I'm just "meh" about it right now. I'm not gonna completely trash it, just feels like the estate doesn't try very hard to cater for Michael's actual fanbase. All this talk about new fans is fine...but we were all new fans once. Thriller and Moonwalker were fascinating enough for me at 4 years old. I don't know if constantly trying to appeal to "new fans" is always the best route when compromising on artistic integrity.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the possible reason why we don't get the projects we ask for is because the fanbase has been overwhelmingly critical of nearly every single project the Estate has released
I wish the mj fan community would stop sabotaging every project the estate works on. It's ridiculous. For Any project to be a true success it needs a positive buzz and that starts in the fan community, but you guys kill that before it even starts, and for the most selfish and petty reasons.
With such negativity so vocally shared by the mj fan community across all corners of the internet how on earth are the mj estate supposed to continue mj legacy???? You're killing it yourselves.
While I agree that criticism should be constructive, I largely really disagree with this type of sentiment. You are making it seem like the Estate is a charity that shares Michael-related projects with us out of the kindness of their hearts. They are a business that serve to protect MJ's interests, a major part of which is pleasing his fanbase. Don't forget that these guys (the execs) are making millions every year doing this. If fans are unhappy with certain projects they have every right to voice their opinions, just like the customer base of any business can.

Secondly, don't you realize that exactly the fact that fans did voice their criticisms is the reason the Estate released the more positively received things you mentioned (e.g. Bad 25 and the original demos on Xscape?). If fans had eaten up the Michael album for the sake of 'being positive', the next release may have been an album with the remaining 7 Cascio tracks on it. *shudders*

I truly believe that if they release good stuff, they'll get good feedback from the majority of the fanbase. This Is It was widely acclaimed, for instance. Sure, you will never please everybody, but TII received a tiny amount of criticism compared to the Michael album (just to give an example). The fact that so many people are unhappy with their projects is imo more a reflection of the quality of their releases, rather than a problem with the fanbase.

Last edited:
No one's suggesting they came up with this whole idea in 24hrs. Come on now.

Clearly this animated thing has been in the works for some time. But that doesn't mean to say a planned announcement ran aground and another project also in the works (incidentally bowing later) was substituted. We simply don't know. We know for sure a far bigger announcement could have been made for a project that is coming sooner. Maybe there was a change of plan?
I don't think that's the case, Chris. A fan posted a screenshot of some correspondence he had with the online team. Alicia clearly states that it was their partner on this particular topic (CBS?) that wanted to delay the announcement by a day. So I do not think it's a case of something going awry at the last minute with another project that they intended to promote (e.g. Thriller 3d).

It seems like they did not coordinate things well with their partners, and at the same time made the mistake of thinking this cartoon was something many fans would be very excited by (hence her telling him that she thinks he will be pleasantly surprised). Just a very sloppy PR job.

DEaXdNpUAAAFCBX.jpg:large

Maybe now, in 2017, we can start reminding the world just how loving, wonderful, magical, powerful, inspirational, and special Michael Jackson truly was.

And it can all begin, ironically and finally, with a Michael Jackson animated special in 2017.
I think the cartoon can certainly be a nice way to reach kids and spark an interest in MJ. At the same time, let's remember that many of us became fans as kids too, and we did not need a cartoon to make Michael palatable to us. His music is so accessible, his dancing so mesmerizing and his short films so spectacular that that itself massively appeals to kids. So let's hope that the Estate puts the spotlight on his work too. Releasing the cartoon alongside Thriller 3D and/or an airing of Ghosts could be a nice way to do just that.

but because this is a project no one asked for
------------------
? mj quite liked the idea.

I don't think that's the case, Chris. A fan posted a screenshot of some correspondence he had with the online team. Alicia clearly states that it was their partner on this particular topic (CBS?) that wanted to delay the announcement by a day. So I do not think it's a case of something going awry at the last minute with another project that they intended to promote (e.g. Thriller 3d).

It seems like they did not coordinate things well with their partners, and at the same time made the mistake of thinking this cartoon was something many fans would be very excited by (hence her telling him that she thinks he will be pleasantly surprised). Just a very sloppy PR job.

DEaXdNpUAAAFCBX.jpg:large

Or that's the party line they've decided to adopt. Hey I think you're probably right. It just seems entirely illogical however to announce a lesser project that's coming later, first. Especially when this is the first significant movement from them in some time. Like I said before I couldn't even guess why.

While I agree that criticism should be constructive, I largely really disagree with this type of sentiment. You are making it seem like the Estate is a charity that shares Michael-related projects with us out of the kindness of their hearts. They are a business that serve to protect MJ's interests, a major part of which is pleasing his fanbase. Don't forget that these guys (the execs) are making millions every year doing this. If fans are unhappy with certain projects they have every right to voice their opinions, just like the customer base of any business can.

Secondly, don't you realize that exactly the fact that fans did voice their criticisms is the reason the Estate released the more positively received things you mentioned (e.g. Bad 25 and the original demos on Xscape?). If fans had eaten up the Michael album for the sake of 'being positive', the next release may have been an album with the remaining 7 Cascio tracks on it. *shudders*

I truly believe that if they release good stuff, they'll get good feedback from the majority of the fanbase. This Is It was widely acclaimed, for instance. Sure, you will never please everybody, but TII received a tiny amount of criticism compared to the Michael album (just to give an example). The fact that so many people are unhappy with their projects is imo more a reflection of the quality of their releases, rather than a problem with the fanbase.

Yes they serve to protect MJ's interests in the form of preserving and extending his legacy, making money. It's time the MJ Fan base realised that the MJ Estate MUST appeal to everybody, not only the fan base.
It's clear that a proportion of his fanbase will moan endlessly about literally anything they deliver, even those products aimed at them. Take BAD25, for example, it was an excellent package but it featured an enhanced VHS quality concert that the fans continue to moan about and criticise the MJ Estate for. IF there had been a high quality alternative at that time it would have been released so there's no pointin people continuing to moan about it. The Estate were doomed either way. If they didn't release they concert they would have been criticised, so they release the Wembley show and they received too much unfair criticism for it. The reason it was so difficult (if not impossible) to put out a decent, film quality BAD concert with high quality audio was because the source material had been mismanaged and badly stored in MJ's lifetime, NOT because of the MJ Estate. It's not the MJ Estates fault.

Even the TII project was criticised by some fans who expected, no demanded, that the album release include only the live performances which was simply never going to happen because MJ didn't sing all the songs live. Even many of those he did sing live weren't sung for release - they were rehearsal quality vocals in effect. It's clear from the film itself that there aren't sufficiently good vocals to release on an album. It uses samples from old demos and other recordings to fill out the performances FFS.

The MJ Fans have unrealistic expectations sometimes, that's all.

"good stuff" is subjective. We don't know if the cartoon will be "good" or not yet. Wait until it's shown, then moan if it's "bad". You'll notice that I haven't commented on the show itself because I have no opinion on it, other than I think it's potentially a useful way to gain positibe coverage for MJ, gain new fans, and potentially reawaken older fans.

Every single thing that has been released since MJ's death has been pilloried by 'fans' on forums and social media - 'This is it', the movie, included. Thousands of negative comments ripping into every tiny detail.

The fact that most of these projects managed some kind of success is IN SPITE of these negative 'fans' and BECAUSE of the reaction from the general public.

The Estate have a duty to Michael's children to make as much money as possible and too keep his legacy alive, by seeking out new, next generation, audiences.

What they should absolutely do is pander to an ever ageing, ever entitled, ever decreasing, minority of fans who want their individual 'blue sky' selfish needs supplied as and when they see fit.

There are things that I would personally love to have provided go me by The Estate. But I am also wise enough to know that these are probably going to lose The Estate (Michael's children) money to provide them for me, as there will hot be a worldwide demand for them.

So I don't bitch and moan about every project they release - just because they don't pander to my needs - I, instead, wait to see if they promote Michael's legacy in a positive way. Surely that's what real fans want for Michael, now he is no longer with us?

People who criticise something before they have even seen or heard it are just moaning because they haven't got 'what they want' or, worse, what they feel 'entitled to'. It makes my stomach turn.

Yes they serve to protect MJ's interests in the form of preserving and extending his legacy, making money. It's time the MJ Fan base realised that the MJ Estate MUST appeal to everybody, not only the fan base.
It's clear that a proportion of his fanbase will moan endlessly about literally anything they deliver, even those products aimed at them. Take BAD25, for example, it was an excellent package but it featured an enhanced VHS quality concert that the fans continue to moan about and criticise the MJ Estate for. IF there had been a high quality alternative at that time it would have been released so there's no pointin people continuing to moan about it. The Estate were doomed either way. If they didn't release they concert they would have been criticised, so they release the Wembley show and they received too much unfair criticism for it. The reason it was so difficult (if not impossible) to put out a decent, film quality BAD concert with high quality audio was because the source material had been mismanaged and badly stored in MJ's lifetime, NOT because of the MJ Estate. It's not the MJ Estates fault.
Sure, but I think the people who complain purely for the sake of doing so are an absolute minority. I also think it is possible to both be critical and appreciate the good aspects of a project. I purchased and enjoyed Bad 25 overall, and was glad they released it, but do think it could have been handled better, for instance.

Even the TII project was criticised by some fans who expected, no demanded, that the album release include only the live performances which was simply never going to happen because MJ didn't sing all the songs live. Even many of those he did sing live weren't sung for release - they were rehearsal quality vocals in effect. It's clear from the film itself that there aren't sufficiently good vocals to release on an album. It uses samples from old demos and other recordings to fill out the performances FFS.
Without getting into the specifics of what could or could not have been done, again, this project was overwhelmingly celebrated and the degree of criticism was incomparable to what the Michael album received. That shows that the majority of fans do not just complain about everything (for the sake of complaining), but do so because they dislike specific aspects of projects.

It is true that the Estate has lost a lot of goodwill by now, and that as a result many fans' initial reaction to anything they announce is pessimistic, rather than neutral. But I think that has really been their own doing.

The MJ Fans have unrealistic expectations sometimes, that's all.
If you're talking about things like expecting 8-disc Dangerous boxes (though that was an obvious troll job), or expecting every release to be aimed at diehard fans only? Sure. But I do not think it is unrealistic to expect legacy releases that are at least similar in quality to those other legendary artists receive, and those have not come out for MJ thus far...

"good stuff" is subjective. We don't know if the cartoon will be "good" or not yet. Wait until it's shown, then moan if it's "bad". You'll notice that I haven't commented on the show itself because I have no opinion on it, other than I think it's potentially a useful way to gain positibe coverage for MJ, gain new fans, and potentially reawaken older fans.
I agree, I have not said anything about the cartoon itself yet either for that exact reason, and think it could be a good thing. I just think they handled the PR side of things badly, and understand why some fans were disappointed as a result. That could easily have been avoided.

What they should absolutely do is pander to an ever ageing, ever entitled, ever decreasing, minority of fans who want their individual 'blue sky' selfish needs supplied as and when they see fit.

There are things that I would personally love to have provided go me by The Estate. But I am also wise enough to know that these are probably going to lose The Estate (Michael's children) money to provide them for me, as there will hot be a worldwide demand for them.
But you can have a different perception about what is good for MJ's brand, both in the short and long term (something which has been discussed extensively in other threads). For instance, I think contemporizations may create some buzz and generate money in the short term, but placing the spotlight on Michael's own work will serve his brand much more, especially in the long term. I think the former is a shortsighted strategy.

Also, people managing the legacies of other deceased and living artists have shown that it is possible to both release products for the wider public, as well as niche releases that serve the fanbase in tandem.

Last edited:
No one's suggesting they came up with this whole idea in 24hrs. Come on now.

Clearly this animated thing has been in the works for some time. But that doesn't mean to say a planned announcement ran aground and another project also in the works (incidentally bowing later) was substituted. We simply don't know. We know for sure a far bigger announcement could have been made for a project that is coming sooner. Maybe there was a change of plan?

I completely disagree. Especially with the idea that Thriller 3D was somehow changed due to Quincy issues. That case has been going on years and it was known it would go to trial this week. So there is no logic in thinking they would have announced that and changed it in the last 24 hours. I believe this was the plan all along. You can also see that in several emails Alicia sent. One fan emailed her asking if it was Thriller 3D and said we already know about it. She replied that we will be pleasantly surprised. Her answers indicated that this wasn't about Thriller and it was something new and unknown.

I'm disappointed.............................................................................................................that they can't call it Heartbreak Hotel.

This is from TV Guide. It's owned by CBS btw.

You still seem skeptical. Don't you get that the name "Vincent" is a reference to Vincent Price, who narrated "Thriller"? Don't you get that it's the "This Place Hotel" so that when they ask "what is this place?" the answer is "This Place?" That's not funny to you?

This is not mj ...this is scooby do ish! Lol

not aimed at you personally but I find this cartoon comparison a little funny. Animation doesn't mean scooby doo type of cartoon. Animation when done correctly is far more better and realistic than a cartoon. I mean look to any movie Pixar makes , Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Wall-E etc. Just because it's animation doesn't mean it's a measly cartoon.

This is an MJ Estate project. What on Earth makes you think they wouldn't use MJ's own music??

CBS news release said Michael's music will be in it.

Also an interesting info

In USA, they have Charlie Brown cartoon specials that they air at Halloween or Christmas. The Halloween special is a 1966 cartoon. I checked in 2016 it attracted 7.66 million viewers.

I would think a Michael Jackson's Halloween special with better animation and MJ's music and decent voice cast will attract at least the same or even more viewers.

I completely disagree. Especially with the idea that Thriller 3D was somehow changed due to Quincy issues. That case has been going on years and it was known it would go to trial this week. So there is no logic in thinking they would have announced that and changed it in the last 24 hours. I believe this was the plan all along. You can also see that in several emails Alicia sent. One fan emailed her asking if it was Thriller 3D and said we already know about it. She replied that we will be pleasantly surprised. Her answers indicated that this wasn't about Thriller and it was something new and unknown.

I didn't say Quincy. If you're disagreeing with my assertion that we don't know then I can't continue to discuss with you.

I'll say this!!

Being let down for this announcement says more to me about us building it up too much.. all these thread turning into a "what if" threads, while are fun will have a side effect of when the announcements come to be a let down.. We come up with these amazing packages of our dreams and when we hear "Announcement will be made" we build a project in our heads that are built on our fan imagination and when we get a cartoon.. it's like WTF? "No 8 disc special edition..?"

Of course not! If we did not know of an announcement of any kind, and they just stated a cartoon will come out.. more of us would be like "well that's cool.. I wonder what else is coming of these several projects the estate mentioned'.. and we'd leave it at that!

I immediately thought of Vincent Price when they said the main character's name as well. It's their chance include an animated Vincent Price, it'd be fitting IMO since I loved so much the CGI Vincent that was made for This Is It.

I wish it was respected how Michael named his song, HEARTBREAK HOTEL which has nothing to do with Elvis'. This Place Hotel sounds and looks silly and also makes no sense.

I didn't say Quincy. If you're disagreeing with my assertion that we don't know then I can't continue to discuss with you.

Yet you still replied. Let me clarify something. We aren't really discussing or arguing. You are entitled to your opinion. If you want believe this was substituted for another project in the last 24 hrs, you can. Nobody is stopping you. And I can believe the opposite. "We don't know" isn't really a strong argument in my perspective. With that logic we know nothing about inner workings of the Estate so we shouldn't have any opinions. As far as I'm concerned we don't really need to know everything, we can use common sense.

Blimey. The last time a cartoon caused this much controversy, Scrappy Doo had just been introduced.

It'll be good for future generations to be introduced to Michael Jackson. Well see how it plays out.

Well I kind of like this idea, but then I'm a sucker for these animated films and really enjoy them. I like to think Michael would have loved this too. I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it but if it's done well (and I think it will be) this is great, and I think it's a fantastic way to introduce the next generation to his music. We've all been there...

Man I love this song who sings it? Michael Jackson...let me listen to some other stuff of his... *mind blown*

I'm kind of jealous that they have all that amazement to come :lol: Perhaps in years to come we'll hear stories of how I became a fan starting with 'well when I was a kid I saw that Halloween special...'

Isn't that what this is all about?

Well I kind of like this idea, but then I'm a sucker for these animated films and really enjoy them. I like to think Michael would have loved this too. I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen it but if it's done well (and I think it will be) this is great, and I think it's a fantastic way to introduce the next generation to his music. We've all been there...

Man I love this song who sings it? Michael Jackson...let me listen to some other stuff of his... *mind blown*

I'm kind of jealous that they have all that amazement to come :lol: Perhaps in years to come we'll hear stories of how I became a fan starting with 'well when I was a kid I saw that Halloween special...'

Stacey gets it!!!

Last edited:

This is exactly the reason why The Estate should make such things. - Like J5 did themselves back in the day with their cartoon.
It's a great way to introduce music to youngsters and hopefully they will discovery they rest of MJ's music.

I think it could be a good project. Especially if it becomes a hit and becomes a Halloween tradition. That way it will help promote MJ many years from now.

Blimey. The last time a cartoon caused this much controversy, Scrappy Doo had just been introduced.
... Scrappy caused controversy? I felt he was an integral part of the gang, myself. No joke.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back