Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Don't movie studios make deals at the Film Festivals for future distribution, etc? I think they will show it in London, New York and LA as they did BAD 25-but I'm hoping for a few more cities that I can get to. Like here in Houston. :)

I re-read this:

'John Branca, co-executor of the estate of Michael Jackson, describes the restored and enhanced Thriller as “authentic, visceral and still impactful. When you see it in a theater on the big screen with a theater-level sound system, it’s pretty unbelievable,” he adds.'

Would Branca say that if it was just a one-off screening here and there?

I pray for a Blu-ray release after the festival !

I'm starting to think the reason why they're presenting this at Festivals is to possibly get distributors in on it to distribute the film widely across as many cinemas as possible.

I'm starting to think the reason why they're presenting this at Festivals is to possibly get distributors in on it to distribute the film widely across as many cinemas as possible.

Correct. Given that it's almost September, I think Come October 31st it will be on in most cinema's everywhere for everyone to watch :)

Hope this project would not be a direct-to-video after being presented at Festivals...

They could at least do a select theater release.. I'd make a little drive for it! I would (dependent on the quality of the project and what the 'surprise' is) like to own it though eventually.

Is there more news regarding this project? Will it be released on ultra hd bluray?

No new news, We will get our next burst of news after it is played I'm sure.. peoples reaction which will give us some type of detail

I am most intrested in hearing about the quality for both film. - Can't wait to see Thriller in perfect quality. - I have no interest in 3D at all... But the original Thriller in HD and great sound. - That will be nice.

Since we read recently that the restoration crew worked with Landis on this, I imagine this will be really good. Here's an article that just came out today about Landis and Thriller.
It's a good article, but again, I'm aggravated that Landis managed to get half the rights of Thriller-some say he always had it, but I don't think that's right. But he has it now, so I'll shut up about it. He also acts like the mini movie was his idea, and he seems to forget about "Beat It." I'd say "Billie Jean" too, but that's kinda abstract. "Beat It" has a definite plot.

But the article is good.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/...riller-on-why-the-video-was-almost-never-made

Last edited:
I just want to hear or see something mannnn!! especially knowing it's so close..

Yeah I think the next announcement will follow either Venice or Toronto's showing. Either the wide release we all hope for, or simply the home one.

Hope so. I'm waiting to see what people who see it have to say about it.

Last edited:
I donøt know what I hope for.

Cinema release would of course be great - but to be honest I doubt enough people would pay to see Thriller 3D - and the making of Thriller... So I think it will be released directly on DVD/Blu-Ray.

AND - if that happens it means I/we will be able to get it sooner - and that's great!!

I really hope they make a deal with Netflix and it gets on Netflix too. - They could make a deal with Netflix about all his films and musicvideos. Captain EO, Moonwalker, Dangerour concert, BAD concert, This Is It, Thriller in both 3D and 2D, The Making of Thriller, and ALL his musicvideos. - Exclusive on Netflix... - A MJ section. - It would be awesome - and great promotion. - And a great way for new (younger) generations to discover MJ.

I will be attending the screening in Toronto if I am able to get a ticket tomorrow. I will be making a trip out there just in case they decide not to release it lol

I will be attending the screening in Toronto if I am able to get a ticket tomorrow. I will be making a trip out there just in case they decide not to release it lol

please, if you attend, PLEASE NO SPOILERS

Venice showing is at 19:30 Venice time
Which is 1830 U.K. Time
How long before we start to here news reviews etc ?

please, if you attend, PLEASE NO SPOILERS

I would actually very much appreciate spoilers to whomever gets the opportunity to view Thriller 3D and report back to all of us here...

...JUST be sure to warn everyone that potential spoilers will be seen if people read your reviews/posts..

I wouldn't worry about spoilers. It's not like its been out for 30 years or something lol!

I wouldn't worry about spoilers. It's not like its been out for 30 years or something lol!

There's a new ending.

Have the folks at the screening got Thriller-style 3D glasses? They look red and black!

It has been shown - but noone has written about it. No reviews, nothing??

I had hoped for a little more PR and talk about it. - Also how good the quality of The Making of Thriller is?

It has been shown - but noone has written about it. No reviews, nothing??

I had hoped for a little more PR and talk about it. - Also how good the quality of The Making of Thriller is?

Was the Estate announcement wrong? They said it would be shown at 22.15 on 4th September.

Back