Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

This person i dont know how or where but said that branca said there wnt be any home relase of bluray or dvd for thiller 3 D

I hope that isn't true. Why they would waste money in restoring and making it 3D if they don't released it? 3D conversion isn't cheap.

Who owns the rights to "Thriller"?

Is it solely owned by the Estate or jointly with Sony? I know the ATV catalog was sold to Sony, but that didn't include Michael's work as far as I know.

Who else besides the Estate has a say in the possible distribution of "Thriller"? I know everyone wants to throw rocks at Branca, but perhaps he does not have final say in this matter?? Would Landis also have a say? I'm not being simpleminded, lol, I just don't always understand the inner workings of the MJ empire.

Perhaps a bit OT, but is John McClain still involved? Never hear much about him.
The Thriller video is owned by the estate and John Landis. Sony only has distribution rights to his videos and albums. Sony/ATV only deals with music publishing :)

Wow, that looks and sounds great!! I'd love to hear this in a proper theatre now.

While it'd never happen, imagine if the Estate paid a studio to play this in front of a film instead of 15 minutes of trailers? You're about to watch The Last Jedi, the biggest film of 2017 when BOOM! Thriller comes on!

That would be the greatest thing that ever happened! :D

*******‏ @MJFacts1 · 26. Sep.

Michael Jackson's 1983 Short Film "Thriller" is currently No. 8 on @iTunes Music Video Charts in the U.S. #MJThriller

they said audio wasn't changed, but that's not true. they used alternative vocal take on secong chorus, when MJ singing "Thriller" word. it sounds much shorten than it was

they said audio wasn't changed, but that's not true. they used alternative vocal take on secong chorus, when MJ singing "Thriller" word. it sounds much shorten than it was

I think it sounds much better this way

Yep, I heard that. They also changed certain elements of the instrumental during the dance sequence, from what I can hear. I just can't wait to see and hear it all for myself in the near future. I seriously doubt that they would go through this entire process with John Landis and NOT put this product out for the masses. After all, this is the film presented in a way that MJ would want movie audiences to see it (albeit without the 3D gimmick).

my curiosity is just driving me banana sandwich

I am pretty sure they will make this available for the general public...

Whether they release it on DVD/Blu-Ray or online online - fx Netflix - I don't know.

But they haven't spend so much time and money only for showing Thriller 3D on so very few screenings around the world...

I am pretty sure they will make this available for the general public...

Whether they release it on DVD/Blu-Ray or online online - fx Netflix - I don't know.

But they haven't spend so much time and money only for showing Thriller 3D on so very few screenings around the world...

Pleaseeeeee noooooooo not on netflix........that would be too tacky imo

Tacky? Wha? It wouldn't be tacky in the slightest? Netflix is one of the biggest and most successful names in digital distribution for films today.

Alongside YouTube, Netflix would be the best option for Michael's legacy in all honesty. It's widely used by people of all ages, especially younger people, so it's a fantastic way to introduce them to Michael. This Is It is on there already!

Tacky? Wha? It wouldn't be tacky in the slightest? Netflix is one of the biggest and most successful names in digital distribution for films today.

Alongside YouTube, Netflix would be the best option for Michael's legacy in all honesty. It's widely used by people of all ages, especially younger people, so it's a fantastic way to introduce them to Michael. This Is It is on there already!

Netflix would be great but it shouldn't be the only option. Streaming quality is not as good as Blu-ray.

??? - Please explain?

Netflix is in my opinion the best way to release it online. - Netflix or HBO - and Thriller - and all of the other MJ videos, Moonwalker, Ghosts, TII etc. - fits best on Netflix.

I hope for a Blu-Ray release too - but I think it would be great to get MJ on Netflix also.

Doesn't Netflix offer 4K ? I think they do? Not sure though.

Yes they do and I think it's actually a great idea for them to release Thriller+Making Of on Netflix. Who knows if they can also add Ghosts to that :D

remember Netflix in the US is much better than many other countries.. Netflix in the US is THE way to get people watching.. outside, that may be a different story!

Hess;4208100 said:
Doesn't Netflix offer 4K ? I think they do? Not sure though.

Yep.

Galactus123;4208092 said:
Netflix would be great but it shouldn't be the only option. Streaming quality is not as good as Blu-ray.

Yeah, it should be an option but not the only option.

KOPV;4208110 said:
remember Netflix in the US is much better than many other countries.. Netflix in the US is THE way to get people watching.. outside, that may be a different story!

Not always, surprisingly it’s actually pretty good here in NZ. A great selection and sometimes we even get content the US doesnt get access to haha.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I saw it. It will be in theatres as a trailer in 2018.</p>&mdash; andjustice4MJ (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/916045988908937216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

^From a fan who attended the NYC screening of Michael Jackson's Halloween.

KingMikeJ;4208159 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I saw it. It will be in theatres as a trailer in 2018.</p>&#8212; andjustice4MJ (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/916045988908937216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

I can't wait that long

I'm sure some folks had reservations about this airing on Showtime and/or ponying up $30 for a VHS cassette back in 1983 as well lol. Not everybody had MTV back then either.

I think Netflix would be great. - But I would - of course - prefer also Blu-Ray (and 4K) release too.

The more ways the release it the better.

KingMikeJ;4208159 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I saw it. It will be in theatres as a trailer in 2018.</p>&mdash; andjustice4MJ (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/916045988908937216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

Do they really mean trailer though? Or do they mean they'll show it in full before the main film, kinda like the old b movies. Wow if it's 2018 i guess that means it'll be a year til i see it. Surely it'll be Halloween 2018 and not sooner.

Is ansjusice4MJ a reliable source??

Sounds weird - and expensive for the estate if Thriller 3D has to be shown before movies instead of the normal trailers??

That way The Estate will have to buy all commercials/trailers before the actual movie just to show a 14-minute musicvideo?? - Sounds weird to me...

The Estate would like to earn money from showing Thriller 3D... Not pay money to show it before another movie...

Or do I get it all wrong?

Ummmmmm whats the point of having it as a tralier???/????????........... THILLER IS BIGGER THAN LIFE!!!!!!! IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

Back