Michael's burial - Please put all related posts in here

Re: Has Michael been buried yet?

I actually can't imagine a better place than Neverland - Especially since I think the family wants to move in there also.
He's better there with his family than alone on some cemetery.

The problem is that some law states he can't be buried there for some reason, that it has to be in a cemetery - But what I think Jermaine is trying to do is convince the state to make an exception, I mean this isn't exactly an regular occasion.

But do you honestly think Michael would want to be buried there... he left yonks ago. He made it clear that he wasn't going to return. And if he did it just wouldn't be the same. That's why I'm uncomfortable with the idea of him being laid to rest there.

This was a quote from LaToya about how Michael felt towards Neverland:

“He says he never wants to see it again. He doesn’t want to be there. The memories are so awful.”

Does this sound like some place we should bury our beloved Michael? :sad:

But do you honestly think Michael would want to be buried there... he left yonks ago. He made it clear that he wasn't going to return. And if he did it just wouldn't be the same. That's why I'm uncomfortable with the idea of him being laid to rest there.

First off I think we should take anything LaToya is saying very lightly.

Secondly, Michael once loved that place, and if it can become a place of love again then I think it would be great.

But in the end of the day, who am I to decide - Wherever Michael may be laid down will not bring him back to me.
I just think that if Neverland can be restored to a lovely place again, then it would be a nice place to have his grave at. In a sense it doesn't seem so distant as a regular cemetery and not just in a place with "everybody else". - It's more like the King would be buried in his own castle, that he once built.

I think Michael would love to be buried in Neverland. Even with everything that happened in 2004-2005, it still remains his world, his kingdom. some perquisition cannot delete all the happiness Neverland gave him, especially now that even Chandler said the truth.

why has no one ever talked about cremation??? he did talk about it at **CENSORING THE DEVIL'S NAME** interview that he don't wanna be buried!!!!

I know that what's I was thinking, I would much prefer a cremation. That's what we believe in doing in my religion (Sikhism). Can't quite fathom thinking about what will happen to his body over time if he is buried.

oh nooo. O God cremation? Are you insane?

would make sense to me so no idiots will find his grave and bare us with the horrible fact..... let his soul be free over neverland

After buying a coffin like that, they're definitely not cremating him.

CNN just said they still don't know anything about the burial.

My dad still thinks yesterday was a decoy and that the burial has already been done.

there are people that does that expense and decides to be cremated anyway...

my auntie's husband had a memorial service like this in a coffin and was cremated afterwards!

I find this post quite offensive. What's so insane about being cremated? To a Sikh, birth and death are closely associated, because they are both part of the cycle of human life. Cremation is a means of setting the spirit free to move on towards the next life. Sikhs thus believe in reincarnation. Would you rather have his body rot away in a gold casket? What a morbid thought.

I find this post quite offensive. What's so insane about being cremated? To a Sikh, birth and death are closely associated, because they are both part of the cycle of human life. Cremation is a means of setting the spirit free to move on towards the next life. Sikhs thus believe in reincarnation. Would you rather have his body rot away in a gold casket? What a morbid thought.

On the other hand, to others the burning of a body is an awful thought. Each to their own.

What's wrong with cremation? It's how I want to be put to rest when I die. Everyone has their choices and beliefs, whether you agree or not doesn't matter. Calling someone insane for it is a little out of line IMHO. No, actually - it is VERY out of line.

Either way, everyone needs to respect whatever the family chooses for Michael. I've always kinda thought it would be nice to have him at Neverland, maybe near his beloved tree, but that's just me. Most importantly, I want him to find PEACE.

I doubt they will cremate him, but who knows. I can't see him buried in a regular cemetery among so many others, seems like he needs his own place and Neverland is the only "place" that is MJ. If he didn't want anything to do with it I wonder why he didn't sell it before?
I think Jermain wants him at Neverland. When he was on Larry King, he said he could feel Michael there, so ...

I'm just speculating, which is in a sense wrong - But I have a feeling that at Jermaine will do all he can to keep Michael above ground until he has convinced who ever he has to convince to let Michael be buried in Neverland.

true, but elvis was originally burried elsewhere untill his body was moved to graceland

I doubt they'll keep him above ground untill permission is granted to let him be burried at neverland, but they can always relocate the body

To a Sikh, birth and death are closely associated, because they are both part of the cycle of human life.
But Michael is not Sikh and should be buried like Christian.

First of all, you can be a Christian and be cremated.

Besides, how does anyone know what religion Michael practiced? According to family and friends, Michael had a more "all world" view of religion.

I think we're getting into dangerous territory here.

^so, he didn't believe in Jesus?

What's wrong with cremation? It's how I want to be put to rest when I die. Everyone has their choices and beliefs, whether you agree or not doesn't matter. Calling someone insane for it is a little out of line IMHO. No, actually - it is VERY out of line.

Either way, everyone needs to respect whatever the family chooses for Michael. I've always kinda thought it would be nice to have him at Neverland, maybe near his beloved tree, but that's just me. Most importantly, I want him to find PEACE.

Thanks for posting this, I whole wholeheartedly agree. Actually I didn't mean to cause any arguing. I just found it quite surprising someone would call cremation an 'insane' act. I do respect everyone has their individual beliefs, just don't make mine sound like a dreadful thing. I would like to think of Michael being buried at Neverland but as I pointed out in my earlier post it sits uncomfortably with me because of the 2003 trial and everything that ensued. I'm sure his family have got some good ideas about where he would like to be laid to rest.

yeah, it's weird that no one except for the family knows where the coffin of MJ was taken

I think it will take some time to know where his body was burried

maybe the coffin at Staples Center was empty and Mike is still alive ???

and he is rehearsing quietly for THIS IS IT tour ;)

and once again he will shock and stun the world ;)

I wish it was true :) ;(

TBH I find this entire discussion about his body and specially about his religion more than a bit disturbing.

I didn't call anyone insane, I asked if they were it. And wether some of you find it out of line or not doesn't matter either and for your information I don't even care.

Other than that, I never said I don't respect the family's opinion, and yes, I would rather have a body rot away than burn it. Oh, and when I say it's horrible for someone to be burnt and you say it's a morbid thought to think someone's body will be buried in a golden casket, I shouldn't find that offensive huh?

to each their own, these were my 2 cents, and I ain't comin in this thread no more so replying to my post is useless. I've never ever had a discussion like this in my life, so it's suprising for me some react this way to me. Seeyou and goodbye.

But Michael is not Sikh and should be buried like Christian.

Some Christians cremate. Please, this will NOT degenerate into a religious debate here. We must stand together, not divide, at a time like this. Respect is still the rule, everyone.

AND, this will not degenerate into a discussion of whether Michael was or was not Christian. NOT going to go there. He respected all faiths, regardless of what his religion was. At the end of the memorial they flashed religious symbols from MANY faiths on the screen.

I totally agree with you, I don't believe he would want or should be buried there. Also I dont think that the family would want to live inside neverland with Michael buried out in the backyard that is just creepy.

Back