Michael's burial - Please put all related posts in here

Re: Has Michael been buried yet?

According to the media, Katherine doesn't want Michael buried at Neverland.

Apparently not, just read this article (posted 14 minutes ago):

Michael Jackson's final resting place a mystery

By MARK KENNEDY – 14 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's glimmering casket took center stage at the Staples Center, sitting for more than two hours as celebrities memorialized the King of Pop under the watchful eyes of millions. And when the ceremony was over, it was gone.

By law, the golden casket that presumably held Jackson's body should be exactly where his death certificate says it is: back at Forest Lawn Memorial Park Hollywood Hills cemetery, the site of a private family memorial service held before the Staples ceremony. Los Angeles County records show the cemetery as the temporary location, where it must stay until those records are officially updated.

But where Jackson's body will eventually be laid to rest remained a mystery, fed by the same level of rumor and speculation that surrounded much of his life. Will he be interred at Forest Lawn? Is Neverland Ranch still a possibility?

What if he's not buried at all, but cremated? The family isn't talking — and may not even have decided yet.

The casket was first seen leaving the mortuary at Forest Lawn, where it got into a hearse for the 10-mile trip to the Staples Center. But before the service even started, the hearse was seen leaving the facility — empty — and wasn't spotted again.

But to keep in good standing with the law, the casket would have needed to return to Forest Lawn at some point, presumably after the crowds went home and the television cameras were long gone.

Robert J. Biggins, a former president of the National Funeral Directors Association, said Jackson's body is likely in his casket which he identified it as a custom-made, top-of-the-line coffin made by the Indiana-based Batesville Casket Company that is called a "Promethean." The casket is probably in a temporary holding area — perhaps a mausoleum — pending a final location, he said.

"This happened so quickly that it's something that has to have an awful lot of thoughtful consideration," said Biggins, who is the owner of Magoun-Biggins Funeral home in Rockland, Mass. "This is bigger than your average burial."

Conjecture about Jackson's final resting place has been as fraught as the rumors about where his memorial service would be held in the days before the Staples Center was announced. His 5-page will, signed in 2002, does not include final wishes for his body.

Forest Lawn is one likely possibility. If Jackson is buried there, he would join other celebrities such as Liberace, Gene Autry, Bette Davis and Andy Gibb. Recently deceased actor David Carradine and "Tonight Show" sidekick Ed McMahon also are buried there.

The Jackson family seems divided over whether the body should go to Neverland, which would surely turn the Santa Barbara County ranch into a West-coast Graceland. But Jackson abandoned the 2,500-acre estate after going into seclusion following his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005, and many of the things that made it unique — the merry-go-round, Ferris wheel and zoo — are gone.

Billionaire Thomas Barrack, who owns Neverland in a joint venture with Jackson, has expressed an openness to the idea of having the singer's body buried at the ranch. The family would need to get permission from local land-use officials to bury Jackson on private property, then submit an application and paperwork with the state Cemetery and Funeral Bureau.

The state application would then need to be approved by the funeral board, a process that could take anywhere from seven to 30 days.

Beyond that, accessibility remains an issue at Neverland. A single two-lane highway leads to the property about 130 miles north of Los Angeles, and infrastructure changes would likely be necessary to accommodate the additional traffic.

Another possibility is cremation. State law requires that the person who has control of the cremated remains obtain written permission of the property owner or governing agency to scatter on the property.

Funeral experts said the delay in Jackson's funeral may be due to the fact that such celebrity deaths create logistical, security and legal headaches.

"One of the issues you're going to run into with any high-profile name, whether it be a former president of the United States or somebody of Michael Jackson's stature, is what does the cemetery — if it's to be a burial — do to establish security, to protect the remains, to protect the privacy of the family during the service, to protect remains afterward and what kind of built-in overhead comes with it," said Paul Elvig, former president of the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association.

Experts said even a two-week delay between death and funeral is not unusual. The body of singer James Brown was kept in a sealed gold casket inside his South Carolina home for more than two months before being interred in 2007 at the home of one of his daughters.

"You're probably talking more about an impatient public and an impatient press wanting to know what's going to happen and that impatience needs to be understood," Elvig said. "If a body's been properly prepared by an embalmer, it can be held for a considerable period of time with minor touchups to it."

Biggins said he is even encouraged by the delay.

"I think the fact that there's this pause is a wonderful thing because it's being given thoughtful consideration," he said, "to make sure this is done right and this is done in a way that honors his legacy."

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

yeah, it's weird that no one except for the family knows where the coffin of MJ was taken

I think it will take some time to know where his body was burried

maybe the coffin at Staples Center was empty and Mike is still alive ???

and he is rehearsing quietly for THIS IS IT tour ;)

and once again he will shock and stun the world ;)

I wish it was true :) ;(

Sigh how i wish that also
and wish that this was all just a nightmare..

Yeah i heard about the brain and empty casket thing to
will be interesting to see what is done with his body..

Re: Where will Michael be buried?

They said on Extra that the family has applied for a burial license in Los Angeles County.

Has this been posted yet?

Michael Jackson's soul could very well be resting in peace now, which is more than anyone has been able to say for sure about the King of Pop's body.

But though the death certificate issued by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office lists the funeral site, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuary, as the "temporary" disposition of his body, the L.A. County Vital Records Office tells E! News that the cemetery is indeed Jackson's "rest place."

Spokesman Bryan Hill says that Jackson's body was transported back to Forest Lawn following yesterday's all-star memorial at Staples Center—thereby answering the once puzzling question of where Jackson's remains ended up last night.

Of course, "temporary" still could very well mean "temporary," as the family has yet to reveal any official burial plans.

"'Temporary' means the mortuary or the place where that person is sitting is where they will sit until [the Jackson family makes] a diagnosis of what they want to do," Hill said. "If he was to be buried somewhere else they'll have to show the permit to let the county know they're going to do that.

"Once they make that decision, they'll have to file a brand new amendment which will change the status of the temporary box, and then they'll announce what they're going to do with the body. At that time they'll file another permit."

Meanwhile, the Jackson family's decision to transport Michael's casket to Staples was in compliance with county ordinances—which also stipulated that the body had to be returned to the cemetery, the rest place of record.

"It's just like you taking the body from one church to the funeral site, you can do that," Hill said. "He didn't stay at the Staples Center. Forest Lawn is his rest place. It's just like if you had a parent pass away. You do it at an outside church, then you bring it back to the cemetery."

Well, in this case the parent of three children did pass away, only it was a parent who happened to have been lauded by 19,500 people in an arena as a means of saying goodbye.

And the records office isn't going to be personally checking to ensure that Jackson's body is where protocol dictates it be.

"Are we going to police it as a county to make sure he doesn't leave there? You know how entertainment goes," remarked Hill.

Forest Lawn spokesman Bill Martin would not share any details, telling E! News that the Jackson family's privacy will continue to trump all inquiries.

L.A. funeral director Abe Lara tells us it extremely rare to see a family file for temporary disposition.

"I have not seen this done," he said. "He has not been interred somewhere. He is being held."

—Reporting by Whitney English and Lindsay Miller

Source: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b133241_michael_jackson_resting_now_forest_lawn.html

Last edited:

E! News says for now the body is at Forest Lawn I posted the full article in the other thread. It explains it better.

Last edited:

It may be in an unmarked area at Forest Lawn. But it won't stay there because the death certificate says it is temporary. So they are trying to get him buried somewheres else and I think that place is Neverland. Where else would they be trying to get him buried?

Re: I wonder what outfit mj was buried in?

It was told today from info given by a source close to the family that he was wearing a white suit and his white glove.

I think it was as a reminiscence of Thriller which changed music in every way forever.

He probably got buried in a black tuxedo with a single sequined glove on his hand. And Ms. Katherine told them to put his sparkly white socks on his feet so they won't be cold.

hard to think about the brain thing, really cant think about it
:(

Right you are, ATLF...

MJ to be Buried Wearing One White Glove

Michael Jackson will be laid to rest in pure MJ fashion -- as in he will be wearing one (and only one) of his favorite gloves.

Dorothy Gaspar -- who own Gaspar Gloves in L.A. and designed gloves for the "This Is It" tour -- tells us La Toya Jackson wanted Michael to wear a glove inside the casket. Turns out La Toya chose a white leather glove Dorothy made for Michael 10-12 years ago -- a glove covered in Swarovski crystals.

Dorothy tells us she was informed of this today by Michael's stylist -- Michael Bush -- when she went to pick up 20 green gloves she had made for Michael's dancers.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/09/mj-to-be-buried-wearing-one-white-glove/
-----

He probably got buried in a black tuxedo with a single sequined glove on his hand. And Ms. Katherine told them to put his sparkly white socks on his feet so they won't be cold.

Awww.

and TSCM thanks for posting that.

I read that it was going to be in his red sparkly jacket and black trousers and of course the glove. Im wondering if they put the hat and glasses in with him too.

Anyone know yet when he was buried? was it after the memorial ?

I guess we won't know unless Michael Bush tells the world how he dressed Michael for his final journey. Of course the glove and the socks are a must but I thought maybe the pants and shirt were white.

...... like the outfit he wore out with Madonna that time? that was nice (even tho everyone mocked it grrrrrrr).

...... like the outfit he wore out with Madonna that time? that was nice (even tho everyone mocked it grrrrrrr).

i thought he was voted for best dress that night at the oscars

The brain thing is tabloid trash. Lets leave it for the media to play with dumb stuff like that and focus on the reality. Michael is laid to rest at the cemetary. I think many people want different things but it will be decided shortly - just need patience.

Just read this from ABC:

Mystery Solved: Jackson's Body at Prominent Cemetery
As Family Argues Over Neverland Burial, Jackson's Body Waits at Forest Lawn
By RUSSELL GOLDMAN and EILEEN MURPHY
July 9, 2009

Michael Jackson's body is at Forest Lawn cemetery, sources close to the family told ABC News, but a dispute among his brothers and mother over whether the King of Pop should be finally laid to rest at Neverland Ranch is delaying his burial.

Confirmation of the body's location ends two days of rumor and speculation about where Jackson's body is being held -- a secret the family, the cemetery and local officials have tried to keep quiet.

Jackson's remains may not stay at Forest Lawn, however. The singer's brothers and mother, sources said, are engaged in a argument about whether he should be buried at Neverland Ranch, the Xanadu-like estate at which the King of Pop once held court but where he vowed never to return again after police raided the home looking for evidence of child molestation in December 2003.

Sources close to the family told ABC News that some of Jackson's brothers are beginning the lengthy process of applying for permission from the state to bury the icon at Neverland Ranch, the sprawling estate in Santa Barbra County where he lived from 1988 to 2003.

Jackson's death certificate, which lists his cause of death as "deferred" pending toxicology results, indicates his burial location as "Temp," meaning a final resting place has yet to be determined.

Re: does anyone know where Michael body will be bruy?

Yesterday, was revealed that Michael isn't buried or cremated yet, he's somewhere at Forest Lawn, 'till the tests are completed, then he'll be buried.

The family also filed a Burial Permition, but they didn't say where.

MJ's mom doesn't want Michael at Neverland, Jermaine publicly said he does.

I personaly don't know... on one side I'd love to be able to visit his grave, but not as a show to pay for, however I really want and he deserves a museum.
On the other side, is the privacy and peace he always begged for, so maybe he wishes the secret to be kept.

NEWS SHOWED TODAY
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/09/michael-jackson-body-not-in-hollywood-hlls/

Last edited:

What does the TMZ article state? I can't access it.

Theyve kept the brain for toxocology investigations altho this does confuse me because when you release a body to the family ... which is what they did... it normally mean ALL of the body and not just ... some of it.

I think he should be buried in a private cemetery. Not at Neverland. Michael didn't consider that his home anymore after the police raided it, so he wouldn't have been happy being buried there.

^
^ now I think about it its made up. I can't believe how they brainwashed me, I aint reading/buying/watching news + tabloids no more. Maybe a year later watch the news.

Theyve kept the brain for toxocology investigations altho this does confuse me because when you release a body to the family ... which is what they did... it normally mean ALL of the body and not just ... some of it.

I had read of a report a while back of a girl's family who was angry that they didn't have her brain back cause the coroner needed it and it takes several weeks for the brain to harden. I guess they release the body back because certain religions have different burial methods so they can't wait as long for the brain, I dunno I'm just guessing but ya it does sound weird when you think about it.

What does the TMZ article state? I can't access it.

The TMZ article basically states that despite numerous agencies reporting that he's at Forest Lawn, he's really not, although they don't go on to say where he is.

Back