Michael's makeup appreciation thread

turtleneck_sweater

Proud Member
@wendijane and @zinniabooklover felt a thread coming - so here it is!

There isn't enough talk about MJ's makeup. I think it really enhanced his beautiful features, especially his eyes. I have my favourite and least favourite looks of his but I'd love to keep it positive and list some of those I adore the most. Feel free to do the same!

I'll start with music videos.

The jdfbkjfkfherl eyeliner in Speed Demon. Sooooo gorgeous. @DangerousGal91, I read in your blog post that you appreciate eyeliner so you'll know how I feel when I see that! Brown, lined eyes will be the death of mine... One look and I'm gone.
9c8e21075af57a3549b9334f84dd39e3.gif

Leave Me Alone - I love the warm tone of the lipstick and the brown shadow. Good job, Karen!
c9378c94bf75251e029864d8eb26e05f.jpg

a2774eed61b7061c3f56bcfe9522a2f4.jpg

In Stranger in Moscow, he looked so angelic.
fed1befe5b440d0cb01d9d03cdae38b2.jpg

And the Soul Train Awards look... Kill me!
e76be949b46690875b0d71b3e566867d.jpg

AWESOME! I don't think there is a thread for this. I'm sure I would have seen it by now.

I am STOKED about this! It's so obvious that it is needed. Genius idea. :)

OK, my first contribution which I actually bookmarked a few days ago and couldn't quite decide where to place it - btw, turtleneck, are you psychic or what? - so I'm very happy to be able to place it here.

P.S. I haven't actually got any comments to add to this photo. I'm too over-excited, lol. Plus, I think it pretty much speaks for itself.

iu

Oh shit let me take a moment haha
oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS jumpin up ansd down currently girls
Lets see here. Well first of all i do appreciate an older M with his glasses most. but my most fave looks of his are

now its wrong to say or like, but i need to mention..always felt that when he attended Ryan Whites funeral he was beautiful . Same with James Brown , wont post those out of respect.

will add ! my ramblings will thill be long ! What a great thread turle neck @turtleneck_sweater

Last edited:
Oh shit let me take a moment haha
oh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS jumpin up ansd down currently girls
Seriously, girl. You just kill me, lol. Every time! :ROFLMAO:

AWESOME! I don't think there is a thread for this. I'm sure I would have seen it by now.I assume there isn't.
I used the search bar and it didn't provide me with any eyeliner-goodness.
P.S. I haven't actually got any comments to add to this photo. I'm too over-excited, lol. Plus, I think it pretty much speaks for itself.
Me neither.
It only takes those two eyes and some black outline to make me relate to the deleted spoken intro to "I just can't stop loving you". Even the "a lot of people misunderstand me" part as people can't wrap their heads around the concept of women liking men in good makeup. It's like a good accessory.

So this one ... I might be in a minority here. I do know that lots of peeps think his make-up here is too full on and lots of them don't like the false eyelashes. As in, REALLY do not like.

I love his look here. Yeah, it's full on but he can carry it off. Plus, again, studio make-up is always gonna be, y'know, more.

iu

So this one ... I might be in a minority here. I do know that lots of peeps think his make-up here is too full on and lots of them don't like the false eyelashes. As in, REALLY do not like.

I love his look here. Yeah, it's full on but he can carry it off. Plus, again, studio make-up is always gonna be, y'know, more.
I don't DISLIKE it but it's not my favourite. I'm not a fan of fake lashes in general, to be honest. It's not like I'm against heavy makeup, I often wear heavy mod-style colourful eyeshadow or graphic liner myself but I've never seen a pair of fake lashes that improved the look. To each their own.

I'd loooooooooooooooove to see a close-up of his own eyelashes. I can't find many hq pics that showcase them. I had something saved but I can't find it. Help!

I don't DISLIKE it but it's not my favourite. I'm not a fan of fake lashes in general, to be honest. It's not like I'm against heavy makeup, I often wear heavy mod-style colourful eyeshadow or graphic liner myself but I've never seen a pair of fake lashes that improved the look. To each their own.
It's funny bc I really dislike false eyelashes even on women. But somehow, here, Michael just makes it work for me. Can't explain why that is.

I'd loooooooooooooooove to see a close-up of his own eyelashes. I can't find many hq pics that showcase them. I had something saved but I can't find it. Help!
Thing is, I KNOW I've posted loads over the months. Now I have to try to find them again or remember which photos, where I posted them. Gonna be a hell of a job. But I know those photos, they are out there!

Quite possibly we will have different ideas about what qualifies as HQ, lol.

so i kind of always liked a natural lip on him...and with that heavy thick black eyeliner, which was on the rim it wasn't inside., i know that because i did mine that way too -and of course his high cheek bones , i loved that.that brown nude sort of colour of his lips he wore ...Karen did mention it , she said what that was and that they would have to have a ton in stock for him cos he'd go through it quite quick i think he loved it, im sure she did say that ah and she spoke of his eyeliner - ive got a good mind to tweet her and ask her about it again hmmm
more coming :LOL: 💘 :love: 💘 💘 💘 💘 oh boy this will be a long ass thread lol for most of us yayyyyy

@wendijane absolutely love the photos and the trivia. I read some of Karen's tweets and she speaks so fondly of MJ... She was pretty good at the job we both want to steal. She fancied his face as much as we do so she was able to embellish it with success. And I agree, love the natural lip and liner on the rim.

Back