MJ's Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG and Estate [update Case Dismissed]

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

I disagree with most of you; because AEG is a corporation that cares very little the individual, that includes Michael Jackson.
AEG's ass needs to be sued.

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

I disagree with most of you; because AEG is a corporation that cares very little the individual, that includes Michael Jackson.AEG's ass needs to be sued.

I disagree, with you, somewhat.

Yes, I agree that AEG is a corporation that "may" care very little about an individual. But Michael Jackson was no dummy, he has been in the music business and business period, enough to know what he was getting himself into when he signed on the dotted line. He certainly was no newbie just out of the gate.

I also believe, that AEG gave Michael whatever he wanted, so in a sense Michael had the upper hand and that's why some of the dates in the beginning had to be changed.

AEG is a business, and Michael Jackson was a business man, who I'm sure knew what time it was, when he got into business with AEG.

Last edited:

the contract between Michael and AEG was signed

I believe AEG was paying or will pay everyone's salary and later get that from Michael's share from income. Not only Murray but for example Karen Faye etc. were also being paid by AEG in the name of Michael.

about what? can we help?

thanks Ivy I thought they were talking about the contract between Michael and Murray..duh...My brain is absent these days..lol.

I agree with you Big Apple.

AEG is corporation and Michael Jackson was entertainer, together they signed contract with certain terms and MJ was to deliver first class shows in 02. All of the entertainers will sign similar contract, it is up to entertainer's manager/lawyer to check that the contract is ok for his client to sign.

Many people seems to be blaming AEG, but why accuse the middle man. If the golden goose is delivered to you on gold platter, don't lie and say you wouldn't take it. AEG probably jumped up for joy when MJ signed the contract.
I personally think that if anyone is to blame for that contract, it is Tohme. He was supposedly to look after Michael's best, but we now know he was looking after his own and no one else.
I seriously doubt that Michael even read that contract before signing it. Tohme may have told him something like it is ok to sign and MJ signed trusting that Tohme was looking for his best.
After the contract was signed between AEG and MJ, MJ had no other option than comply, but real culprit is Tohme idiot who let MJ to sign that contract with those terms.
Because of him, MJ stood to lose a lot.
-----------------------------------------

I would like to ask a question some people who thinks AEG is guilty of MJ death.
You followed the Murray trial, and know the result of it. Murray is in jail.
Then think if it had been other entertainer than Michael Jackson who died. Would you still blame AEG or Murray?

Last edited:

Michael Jackson's assistant accuses promoter in star's death

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 10:05 AM EST, Wed November 14, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Michael Amir Williams wants other former Jackson staff to join as a class-action suit
The lawsuit claims AEG's "acts and omissions brought about the demise of Michael Jackson"
AEG's lawyer calls the suit "clearly frivolous" since Williams has no legal standing to sue
AEG's "acts and omissions" allegedly involved hiring and supervising of Dr. Conrad Murray

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's last personal assistant claims concert promoter AEG owes him money because, he says, it was responsible for the pop icon's death.

Michael Amir Williams, one of the people closest to Jackson in the last two years of his life, filed a lawsuit that he hopes other former Jackson employees will join as a class action.

The suit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, charges that AEG's "acts and omissions brought about the demise of Michael Jackson."

The court filing included a copy of AEG's contract with Jackson, revealing that the promoter agreed to advance the singer $15 million to help him buy a 29-bedroom estate that spreads over 16 acres in Las Vegas.

AEG's lawyer called the suit "clearly frivolous" since Williams has no legal standing to sue because he was not a party to Jackson's contract with AEG.

"It is truly unfortunate that so many see Mr. Jackson's demise as an opportunity to grab as much for themselves as possible," AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said. "This is just the latest wrongful death lawsuit with someone hoping to profit from Michael Jackson's tragic death in the same way they profited from his tragic life."

Dr. Conrad Murray, who was Jackson's personal physician as he prepared for his "This Is It" comeback shows, was convicted a year ago of involuntary manslaughter in the pop star's death.

The coroner ruled that Jackson died of an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol combined with sedatives on June 25, 2009 -- two weeks before the concerts were to begin in London.

The suit contends AEG never paid Jackson's staff as required in the January 2009 contract with Jackson.

"After the contract was signed and performance begun, Michael Jackson had problems keeping up with the pace of Tour's rigorous schedule and physical demands," the lawsuit said. "In response, AEG, began a series of unreasonable acts and omissions."

The "acts and omissions" allegedly involved the hiring and supervision of Dr. Murray.

"AEG used Conrad Murray as a tool to further its business purposes and abused the sole discretion given to AEG under (the) contract," the suit said.

The company failed to look at "Conrad Murray's qualifications, experience, and medical specialty," but instead weighed the benefits Murray could bring, including "managing Michael Jackson so that he could meet all deadlines and timetables AEG set in place," it said.

Testimony at Murray's trial indicated that Jackson chose him to be his full-time doctor for the tour, but that AEG would pay him.

AEG, which is also defending itself in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Jackson's mother and three children, denies it was responsible for hiring or supervising Murray. That suit is set to be heard by a jury next April.

A judge must decide if the newest lawsuit can be made a class-action suit with other former employees joining.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/14/showbiz/jackson-assistant-lawsuit/index.html

the timing is very interesting... I think Randy Jackson has gotten into Michael Amir's ear.. Unfortunately since Michael Amir was MJ's personal assistant he should've been watching over and protecting Michael himself.. why was Murray even allowed to stay and drug MJ up if MJ was supposedly so healthy? why didn't any of them ask any questions? it's because they didn't love or care about MJ.. it was all about the cash....

I disagree ... AEG is a corporation that cares very little the individual, ...
You are welcome to disagree, but your reason for doing so is not grounds to sue anyone. Do you have a reason other than the above for your disagreement. I would like to hear your opinion on what legal grounds would you say Amir has a right to sue AEG for loss wages? They were not responsible for his wages. He wasn't under any contract with them. I know on what grounds he is suing and it certainly isn't the above. Now if you would have stated YOU believe AEG is responsible for bringing in and hiring Murray and that they are also responsible for what Murray did to Michael on June 25, that would be reasonable grounds for your disagreement. (that is Amirs grounds for saying AEG is responsible for his loss wages ) But not the above.

The court filing included a copy of AEG's contract with Jackson,

Testimony at Murray's trial indicated that Jackson chose him to be his full-time doctor for the tour, but that AEG would pay him.

Two things:

Where in the world did Brother Michael get a copy of Michael's AEG contract? Is that publically accessible?

And don't you just love how folks continue to write about Murray's employment, without mentioning the FACT that Michael (and his children) had a history with Conrad Murray way before AEG came on the scene. Always trying to make it seem as if Murray just knocked on Michael's door one day and said "Hi, AEG sent me."

someone said to me.."maybe this lawsuit" is not about money..maybe its about hoping there is a trial and that AEG will be forced to tell more about what happened between them and Michael". I agree with this person. Ok I understand that AEG is a huge corporation and that Michael signed on the dotted line and he was a veteran to this kind of stuff...BUT..there are just TO MANY things that happened between the "key players" of AEG and MJ..we have all seen the leaked e-mails. AEG tried there damnedest to stay out of it after Michael passed away...I have a feeling that there is more to those e-mails than we know and that there are More of them. Like alot of you here my first thought about this lawsuit was.."Oh Great,,another one trying to get money off of MJ's bones". And WHO KNOWS..it could be just that. But we cannot close our eyes to the latter either. IF this is a legit lawsuit possibly trying to draw MORE attention to "what happened" to Michael and "WHO" was aware of what...then I say we have to let it play out...because guys there are STILL some unanswered questions as far as AEG's involvement..and I for one am willing to give this a chance to see what materializes. If in the end it turns out to be just about "lost wages"...then I say shame on MA for waiting for over 3 years and that to me would put him in the same boat with the rest of the bloodsuckers...just trying to get the money..

@Big Apple

and MAW knows it too.
This is from his testimony from Murray trial:
MAW met Murray for the first time in 2008 in Las Vegas. He saw Murray visiting MJ's house in Las Vegas in 2007. MAW would call Murray in 2008 at Michael's request to treat the children and him.

AEG tried there damnedest to stay out of it after Michael passed away...I have a feeling that there is more to those e-mails than we know and that there are More of them.

And the Jackson family tried their damnedest to NOT be deposed for their own lawsuit. Makes both sides about even, in my opinion.

Well maybe not exactly even, I mean, seems to me that a family wanting to know the truth would be willing to do whatever was necessary to achieve that end, unlike the Jacksons, who seem to be HIDING their own hands, i.e. "Nevermind the legal formalities, just give us the money?"

yes the contract is public knowledge...here

Thanks xthunderx2! I wasn't sure.

At this point, I raise an eyebrow to everything, no matter how big or small it may be. LOL!

And the Jackson family tried their damnedest to NOT be deposed for their own lawsuit. Makes both sides about even, in my opinion.

Well maybe not exactly even, I mean, seems to me that a family wanting to know the truth would be willing to do whatever was necessary to achieve that end, unlike the Jacksons, who seem to be HIDING their own hands, i.e. "Nevermind the legal formalities, just give us the money?"

I agree...BOTH sides are hiding something. AEG as to "what they know" happened before Michael's death..and Jackson's for not fighting hard enough to find out. imo...I think the Jackson's themselves don't want to be dragged through he mud with what "they" themselves know as "truth" about what was going on with Michael..meaning..when was the "actual REAL truth" the last time they seen or spoke with him personally and not through a 3rd party. So yes I agree...both sides have their skeletons...and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Thanks xthunderx2! I wasn't sure.

At this point, I raise an eyebrow to everything, no matter how big or small it may be. LOL!

aww..your welcome...and I understand completely .

I agree...BOTH sides are hiding something. AEG as to "what they know" happened before Michael's death..and Jackson's for not fighting hard enough to find out. imo...I think the Jackson's themselves don't want to be dragged through he mud with what "they" themselves know as "truth" about what was going on with Michael..meaning..when was the "actual REAL truth" the last time they seen or spoke with him personally and not through a 3rd party. So yes I agree...both sides have their skeletons...and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In my opinion, the Jacksons just want the moola, nevermind all of the legal wrangling. Reminds me of Cuba Goodings line from the movie Jerry Maguire - SHOW ME THE MONEY!

I "think" Mother should hold some of the information you mention, that being "the last time they seen or spoke with him personally." I mean, we all know that she had complete access to Michael. I believe it was also noted that she came and went, unannounced, whenever she pleased.

So my question would be, was she too worried about Joe and Rowe getting a piece of the AEG and/or All Good Entertainment deals to see that Michael "may" have been in danger. Was she too concerned about her other cubs being a part of some of Michael's O2 dates to notice that Michael "may" have been in danger health wise.

I'm not blaming Mother for anything, because Michael Jackson was a grown man, in charge of his OWN comings and goings. I just wanted to note that Mother had complete access to Michael and even said, when asked about "drugs," that she never noticed anything, she only heard it from others.

When it comes to those depositions, her's is definitely one I would like to read, i.e. what did she know and when did she know it.

I disagree with most of you; because AEG is a corporation that cares very little the individual, that includes Michael Jackson.

Well their ass is being sued - a second time now - but just suing doesn't mean that they would pay. You need to have an evidence to win.

Also I totally agree with "AEG is a corporation that cares a little about the individual" but what's new. How many corporations that you know that cares about the individual? I mean I have a work contract that says I have to show up to work and if I don't and have no legit reason than I would be fired. Then you see people complain about the very same thing in AEG's situation and say how dare they made Michael to come to rehearsals. I'm personally like "seriously?"

someone said to me.."maybe this lawsuit" is not about money..maybe its about hoping there is a trial and that AEG will be forced to tell more about what happened between them and Michael". I agree with this person.

Has that person and you have given up on Katherine's lawsuit? That's a wrongful death and has a lot more relevance to what happened to Michael.

here is a better look at the contract same sight just different page..it also explains alot in detail....hope this helps. :)
http://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/the-aeg-contract-with-michael-jackson/

I have to note that I disagree with that blog in their conclusion that all of Michael's assets and mainly his catalogs were in line as collateral in AEG deal. In reality only MJ Co assets were mentioned as security and Michael's catalogs were in separate bankruptcy remote trusts.

Has that person and you have given up on Katherine's lawsuit? That's a wrongful death and has a lot more relevance to what happened to Michael.

I have to note that I disagree with that blog in their conclusion that all of Michael's assets and mainly his catalogs were in line as collateral in AEG deal. In reality only MJ Co assets were mentioned as security and Michael's catalogs were in separate bankruptcy remote trusts.
For the first question you asked... No..not at all...just hoping that if there IS something to this particular lawsuit that it will work inconjuction WITH Katherine's lawsuit and bring some unknowns to light. Sometimes the more pressure someone feels the the better and sometimes things may come out that weren't intended to. This maybe a shot in the dark for MA but who knows. Like I said earlier..my first reaction was wtf is this guy coming out now for..idk...guess we see how it plays out in the end.

I was just using this sight as reference to MJ contract with AEG..as I couldn't find the original one I had on my laptop from back then..my laptop crashed and I lost it a couple of years ago..if you have the original link to the contract I would appreciate if you could post..please and thank you. :)

just hoping that if there IS something to this particular lawsuit that it will work inconjuction WITH Katherine's lawsuit and bring some unknowns to light.

One unknown I was just thinking about would be, as Michael Jackson's assistant, I wonder how many times MJ instructed Brother Michael to tell various members of the Jackson family that he was not home, when they either dropped by unannounced or called on the telephone, so that they could BEG, oops, I mean ask Michael for this, that, or, the other thing.

When you file a lawsuit, you need to be prepared to answer the tough questions, as I'm sure certain members of the Jackson family recently found out.

Pressure to put on the perfect show (some of that pressure I'm sure Michael put on himself because of the perfectionist he was) and pressure from his family so that they could be part of those perfect shows.

Bit o/t - Got to admit haven't read the blog, but if the catalogues (atv/sony) weren't security for the $35m or so that aeg were spending on tii, what other assets were aeg thinking mj had? Neverland was heavily mortgaged and couldn't be sold without capital colony's consent, hayvenhurst was even in negative equity i think. Mjjac already had loans on it. So not sure what assets made up mj co which allowed aeg to think they had sufficient collateral.

questions like

"Mr Amir
Did you call Dr Muray at Michael Jackson's request in 2008 who had been treating Michael Jackson and his children since 2007 to come and treat him and his children again for ilnesses at his Vega home? "

" Mr. Amir,
Wasn't it a fact that Dr Murray was already Michael Jackson's pysician and it was he that requested AEG bring him on board?"

"Mr Amir
being in Michaels presence and in his home on a daily basis did you ever suspect Dr Murray was mistreating Michael Jackson ?"

"Mr Amir
in what way do you think AEG would be knowledgable of how Dr Murray was medically treating Michael jackson in his home if you yourself who was present in the home daily didnt know? ?

"Mr Amir
being in Michaels presence and in his home on a daily basis did you ever suspect Dr Murray was mistreating Michael Jackson ?"
Mr. Amir's answer:

No, although I was in the household on a daily basis and wondered why Dr. Murray slept over most nights, I had no idea what was going on. He was Michael's long term doctor, so I had no real concerns. But AEG should have known, even though none of the AEG executives ever spent the night at Michael's home, they should have known what was going on in Michael's bedroom in the dead of night.

Deposition Attorney:

Mr. Amir, what the heck are you talking about!

I see what you are saying and understand the frustration, especially when the e-mails were leaked and in which way they talked about MJ. I was sad too. However, the double standard irks me because Michael Amir cant just blame AEG for not taking care of their client. As a personal assistant, dont you have obligations too? He was with MJ for many years and by his side for pretty much every day.

The interesting thing here is if Michael Amir thought AEG "brought about the demise of MJ" when he was his personal assistant or if he belives that now. We now know that Kenny Ortega and several others noticed something "strange" with Michael during rehearsals. Did he notice that too or not?

I wanna know if he tried to do something to help MJ? Or did he not have any concerns of MJs health despite being with him every day.

The so called follower fans (and "This is not It") have been very very vocal of how they tried to reach out to Michael Amir several times about MJs health but they were all of a sudden blocked by Michael Amir. They could no longer have access to Michael like they always had. So he was aware of the concerns fans had but we dont yet know if he actually thought of or cared enough to do something.

Last edited:

The so called follower fans (and "This is not It") have been very very vocal of how they tried to reach out to Michael Amir several times about MJs health but they were all of a sudden blocked by Michael Amir. They could no longer have access to Michael like they always had. So he was aware of the concerns fans had but we dont yet know if he actually thought of or cared enough to do something.

No kidding, first time I heard that.

But like I said earlier, Mr. Amir can't all of a sudden cry wolf, when his behind was right in the middle of Michael's life. Right there in the thick of things! Probably spent as much time with MJ as MJ's own children did.

Although I didn't know who Brother Michael was, until Murray's trial took place, I do recall the follower fans talking about trying to get messages and letters to MJ regarding their concern.

Although I didn't know who Brother Michael was, until Murray's trial took place, I do recall the follower fans talking about trying to get messages and letters to MJ regarding their concern.

Well acccording to them, after "the SUN" published the story that Michael had told fans he didnt wanted to do 50 shows, security blocked their access to Michael. They would voice their concerns to Michael Amir but he would only tell them "MJ need to focus now, he is tired etc" as excuses as to why MJ couldnt speak to them.

Michael Amir later told these fans at the memorial that he had actually brought the letters to MJ when they arrived home the last night. I also believe I read somewhere that the letters were later found in MJs bedroom.

Bubs;3737836 said:
AEG lawyer's reply to this lawsuit:

AEG’s lawyer, Marvin Putnam of O’Melveny & Myers, calls the lawsuit "frivolous" and "truly unfortunate."

This is just the latest wrongful death lawsuit with someone hoping to profit from Michael Jackson’s tragic death in the same way they profited from his life."

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/m...action-lawsuit-against-it-tour-promoter-64956

That comment ^^ right there is the best summation on the actions of most people including authors, reporters, "friends", family!!! Excellent. I wish I could send the attorney who made that comment a thank you.

Now we hear that Muarray was hired After Michael could not keep up with the pace. Oh really, how come we never heard that before. It seems situations are changed willfully when certain people want to sue. Reminds me of Grandma saying right after Michael died that he was in good shape and spirits 2 weeks before he died and that everything was OK. After she filed the lawsuit she then claimed he was shaking and other descriptive words making it appear that he was a scared rabbit that was afraid of his shadow.

Just as we thought, the security was hired by Michael too.

Would he have to prove that AEG knew of the dangerous drugs Murray was treating Michael's insomnia with? Also, where does patient/doctor confidentially fit it if the doctor were to be employed by someone other than the patient?

Thunder I think the people who told you that this lawsuit will make AEG talk about the relationship, etc., are subscribing to a conspiracy theory where a group caused Michael's death. I looked at the trial and we all say what caused Michael's death. His death was due to negligence. Muarry could have monitored him, have the right equipment, know how to give prof, etc. If he did those things, Michael would be here, whether Michael and AEG fought or not. Even if AEG had a million e-mails, they still did not cause Michael's death. AEG did not order prof, AEG did not bring in Muarry, AEG did not leave Michael hooked up to drugs and go chat on the phone, etc. I will never forget when Shaffer demonstrated how a simple chin lift could have saved Michael's life.

Yes I believe that AEG and Michael had a discorded relationship--maybe in the beginning, and AEG staff wrote e-mails, when they thought they would lose millions if Michael was not able to perform, but I cannot see a relationship between that and what happened in the room that early morning.

Seriously MAW? a class lawsuit?
Last time I checked you in court too.
Was he doing an Oxman? Falling asleep in court?
AEG never hired Conrat Murray. End of case. End of story.
If they want this to go to court to unseal what went on to get some closure,
there's no guarantee they will get full disclosure.
To begin this, this's not a criminal case
they can so easily plead a fifth.

Back