MJ's Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG and Estate [update Case Dismissed]

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

The scary thing is that if this case goes to trial and Amir looses, where will he get the money from to pay AEG's costs? I hope his new lawyer will only be paid if he wins the case.

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

Bit o/t - Got to admit haven't read the blog, but if the catalogues (atv/sony) weren't security for the $35m or so that aeg were spending on tii, what other assets were aeg thinking mj had? Neverland was heavily mortgaged and couldn't be sold without capital colony's consent, hayvenhurst was even in negative equity i think. Mjjac already had loans on it. So not sure what assets made up mj co which allowed aeg to think they had sufficient collateral.

Intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks, royalties.

For example a Michael Jackson merchandise line with his name and image etc. could have brought good enough money to cover costs.

Note: MJ Co showed income of $5.8 M in the first accounting. It seems like it had good enough income stream to almost cover the promissory note amount of $6.2 M .

LastTear;3737972 said:
Would he have to prove that AEG knew of the dangerous drugs Murray was treating Michael's insomnia with? Also, where does patient/doctor confidentially fit it if the doctor were to be employed by someone other than the patient?

In USA there's something called a "workers compensation" to cover work related accident and injury. For example if you get hurt in the workplace, your work sends you to a doctor which they selected and have an agreement and which they pay the money to evaluate you and determine the injury.

Even in that case the US law says ""Covered entities are required reasonably to limit the amount of protected health information disclosed under 45 CFR 164.512(l) to the minimum necessary to accomplish the workers’ compensation purpose."

So even in the case of injury and even if the company is totally responsible for the selection and the payment of the doctor, the information that can be shared is limited to the minimum necessary.

Smh@some reactions on Michael Amir's lawsuit like you are being sued. Michael Amir felt he had the case and spent his own money to sue AEG that he thought at least partially responsible to Michael's death and his unemployment. Yet people here pointed fingers on him like he was some evil money hunger. He didn't sell any stories/interviews/books like the Jacksons or many others to cash in on michael's death. He chose to seek his justice in the court of law. I don't see anything wrong with that so far. As for the Jacksons, if they didn't throw Michael under the bus on paid interviews, cash in on his death with shady people, guilt trip Michael to do reunion tours, waive Conrad Murray's restitution to get more money from AEG, downplay killer murray's crime, leak confidential emails to play media game on Michael's expense...

Last edited:

One unknown I was just thinking about would be, as Michael Jackson's assistant, I wonder how many times MJ instructed Brother Michael to tell various members of the Jackson family that he was not home, when they either dropped by unannounced or called on the telephone, so that they could BEG, oops, I mean ask Michael for this, that, or, the other thing.

When you file a lawsuit, you need to be prepared to answer the tough questions, as I'm sure certain members of the Jackson family recently found out.

Pressure to put on the perfect show (some of that pressure I'm sure Michael put on himself because of the perfectionist he was) and pressure from his family so that they could be part of those perfect shows.
I agree..I think Brother Michael knows ALOT more than he lets on....Just like the rest of the staff. I mean think about it..we heard testimony from Kai Chase...From Nanny Grace..they seen stuff but paid it no attention...NOWAY...they didn't want to get fired so they "said: they minded their own business but lets look at reality here...they were NOT blind...they know a whole LOT more than they ever told or even testified to. So yes I agree...I a sure Brother Michael turned the greedy Jackson's away more than once.
Thunder I think the people who told you that this lawsuit will make AEG talk about the relationship, etc., are subscribing to a conspiracy theory where a group caused Michael's death. I looked at the trial and we all say what caused Michael's death. His death was due to negligence. Muarry could have monitored him, have the right equipment, know how to give prof, etc. If he did those things, Michael would be here, whether Michael and AEG fought or not. Even if AEG had a million e-mails, they still did not cause Michael's death. AEG did not order prof, AEG did not bring in Muarry, AEG did not leave Michael hooked up to drugs and go chat on the phone, etc. I will never forget when Shaffer demonstrated how a simple chin lift could have saved Michael's life.

Yes I believe that AEG and Michael had a discorded relationship--maybe in the beginning, and AEG staff wrote e-mails, when they thought they would lose millions if Michael was not able to perform, but I cannot see a relationship between that and what happened in the room that early morning.

Petra I think you misunderstood my post. :) I am not saying that anyone from AEG is directly to blame for Michael's passing. What I am saying is that MAYBE if this lawsuit goes to trial we may hear new information about what TOOK PLACE between Michael and AEG staff ,,like what we already heard about "the meeting" in Michael room..ya know the one where Phillips screamed at Michael...THOSE kinds of things..we never now WHAT may leak out of where. And believe me..I KNOW what happened to MJ on the night of June 25th and I know WHO is to blame for that...I know its Conrad Murray that killed MJ...I don't really need reminding of that. I just wanna see how this lawsuit plays out..of BM is in this for the money..then he is no better than the rest...but..if he can make 1 thing leak out...bring more facts to light about AEG and MJ..then I say good. Like I said earlier...I guess we shall see where this lawsuit goes.

Thunder oh I see when you mentioned what someone thought and continued your thoughts, I drew that conclusion. Personally, I do not know what others expect to hear, except more harsh emails and downright nastiness, and this may make many more unhappy. Even though I do not like the way AEG treated Michael, from the little we know, I cannot see how this case has any merit, and as you say time will tell.

While I don't agree with this law suit, it makes me very sad to see how a person was used & abused by family members & bus associates in life & in death. How far can people go to make money out of a dead person. I know he's going after AEG but the root of the case is Michael. I feel like they're dehumanizing Michael & they just treated him and continue to treat him as a commodity. Books telling stupid lies & the authors making money out of Michael. His father trying to sell perfumes to make money out of his dead son. His brothers selling jackets, belts, his family making a memorial concert, just to make money out of Michael. His previous employees selling items & writing books, to makRe money. A doctor who filled him with meds just for money. Is that what Michael meant to all of them, just money? I'm really sad today.

about what? can we help?

About this:

I'm confused. Why would AEG have to pay for Michael's security? I thought the payments AEG were making were advances and not contracts?

But you answer here:

I believe AEG was paying or will pay everyone's salary and later get that from Michael's share from income. Not only Murray but for example Karen Faye etc. were also being paid by AEG in the name of Michael.

Thanks! ;)

Curious to see how this end.

Me too.... :fear:

Maybe if amir wins the jacksons will then sue him. well at least he was around and in the house!

Is amir claiming he was gonna paid 7.5 mill? or is that amount for all the staff that may join? if thats just for him then looks like they were all milking the
golden goose

I believe AEG was paying or will pay everyone's salary and later get that from Michael's share from income. Not only Murray but for example Karen Faye etc. were also being paid by AEG in the name of Michael.

Seemingly some of the staff were paid by AEG and some directly by MJ.
Didn't Kai Chase put creditors claim in to estate and she got paid by the estate?

'He had MORE access to MJ than any of those AEG executives. Why didn't he speak up, although I wasn't there, it's very hard for me to believe that Brother Michael didn't see things that he found "odd," when it came to Murray's presence in the household or Michael's visits to Klein's office.'

i was going to agree with this very comment, are you really going to tell me you had full access to the residence and michael jackson and couldnt tell there was something untoward happening? please!!

so then you turned a blind eye and because it wound up costing your employer his life, instead of feeling guilty you absolve yourself by filing a class action lawsuit and play the victim. lovely

Last edited:

'He had MORE access to MJ than any of those AEG executives. Why didn't he speak up, although I wasn't there, it's very hard for me to believe that Brother Michael didn't see things that he found "odd," when it came to Murray's presence in the household or Michael's visits to Klein's office.'

i was going to agree with this very comment, are you really going to tell me you had full access to the residence and michael jackson and couldnt tell there was something untoward happening? please!!

so then you turned a blind eye and because it wound up costing your employer his life, instead of feeling guilty you absolve yourself by filing a class action lawsuit and play the victim. lovely

I agree... I just don't get it.. Everyone saw MJ and had access to him yet no one was concerned about his health or appearance? If MJ was cold, freezing and slurring his words why wasn't he taken to the hospital? It's obvious that Murray showing up nightly was detrimental to his health. Could folks not figure that out?:bugeyed Mike needed help and the folks around him did absolutely nothing because he was a commodity to them and they needed him to work for their own livelihoods.

I agree... I just don't get it.. Everyone saw MJ and had access to him yet no one was concerned about his health or appearance? If MJ was cold, freezing and slurring his words why wasn't he taken to the hospital? It's obvious that Murray showing up nightly was detrimental to his health. Could folks not figure that out?:bugeyed Mike needed help and the folks around him did absolutely nothing because he was a commodity to them and they needed him to work for their own livelihoods.

Yeah, I believe that there were "some" folks within the household that were WONDERING what Murray was up to, in Michael's bedroom, in the middle of the night, on an almost daily basis.

I mean, all of those folks milling around Michael's crib, had to have thought to themselves at least once: "I wonder what Dr. Murray is doing up there, why is he always sleeping over?"

But of course, thinking about it and actually doing something about it are two different things. Folks like to say "it wasn't my business, so I kept my concerns to myself." On the other hand, you know sometimes folks just look the other way, because they don't want to endanger their livelihoods, i.e. paychecks.

Without further knowledge, in my opinion, Nurse Lee was the ONLY person who took her concerns directly to Michael. She was very concerned, and as per her testimony, she took her concerns directly to Michael.

The ultimate person at fault was Conrad Murray; because he had taken an oath
"To do no harm to his patient".

Conrad Murray is either an idiot or a murderer, maybe he's both.

"I agree... I just don't get it.. Everyone saw MJ and had access to him yet no one was concerned about his health or appearance? If MJ was cold, freezing and slurring his words why wasn't he taken to the hospital? It's obvious that Murray showing up nightly was detrimental to his health. Could folks not figure that out? Mike needed help and the folks around him did absolutely nothing because he was a commodity to them and they needed him to work for their own livelihoods." jaydom7

Yes, who was in the room when Cheryl Lyn, the nurse, was called and Michael said one side was cold and the other hot, and she said GO TO A HOSPITAL. Who relayed that message to Michael? The thing that's strange to me is that Michael had 2 days before he died, when Murray said he had stopped the propofol, when Michael did super good at rehearsalsand everyone thought it was all going to happen. So he had suddenly shown a big improvement IMO b/c the propofol was taken out of the mix and he got some relatively natural sleep, even though it was with some 'sleep aid' prescriptions. Then Murray adds the propofol to the prescription stuff, gets on the phone, and we lose Michael.

I think Kenny Ortega had the right idea to get professional help, but once Murray assured them all was well, and Michael started to do well in rehearsals, they thought the problem was fixed. The main thing I fault AEG with is not following Ortega's advice, which they should have had earlier, and going deeper into what was wrong with Michael when he was losing weight, cold, confused. The question I guess is where are the limits here into how far employers are obligated by law (and not by moral law) to find out what problems their employees might be having, such that it prevents them from working, like health issues, both mental and physical. I don't see how it can be charged that they hired Murray and failed to supervise him in that the contract had not been signed by Michael when he died. I am not saying they are entirely blameless, because I think they are to blame to some extent, but are they to blame in terms of the law, that's the issue.

It's easy actually.

Michael was a 50 year old adult. It's really hard to get an adult to do something by force. Most of the people around Michael was employed by him as well. So you would get the defense that even if they knew or suspected something they had no power to do anything against Michael's will - of course they could have gotten fired as well.

AEG on the other hand is seen as the "boss" and with some sort of power. The assumption is that if they had a relaxed schedule, didn't agree to hire Murray or if they said "that's it we are canceling the contract" that Michael would not be using Propofol and hence he wouldn't have died.

Obviously it is ignoring the fact that Michael agreed to the concerts himself, he could have cancelled the contract himself and so on. It's also ignoring the fact that Michael did not die from a heavy schedule, he died because Murray did not properly monitor him,

There were people that asked Michael if he was okay and he said he was fine. It's hard and I am sure now that people know what was going on with Murray that they probably wish they did something differently. I remember watching the trial that I could sense that with some who testified.

^^ Good point Ivy. Sometimes it seems people think Michael was a baby. He was not. He was a grown man who knew what he wanted. He wanted sleep because he knew touring causes more insomnia than usual. He asked a quack to help him sleep. Obviously Amir knew something was making Michael lose weight and noticed Muarry came every night. Whether he put 2 & 2 together we do not know.

Now he found a lawyer who will attempt to sue AEG. He claims AEG prevented them from earning millions of dough, because they did not supervise a quack that they did not hire. The same quack was brought in by Michael, and Michael also brought in Amir. At this time, neither Amir nor the quack were employees of AEG. Although I have no respect for AEG, I still agree with their attorney when he states why Amir's case is coo coo.

It's frutrating to know that people were around Michael who witness that something was not right and didn't do anything. But I also think to whom they could go to ask for help. Michael didn't have too many friends and his family was counting on him to do a family reunion. So, I don't think they had any real support. The only ones I think would had helped Michael were probably Branca or his mgr (the one with the cigar, sorry forgot his name). But we don't know what Amir and the others knew about them. If I were in his situation, I'd have taken Michael to the hospital; the press would be having a party with the latest news; i'd had been fired; I'd had been sad for losing my job, but I'll be satisfied that I did something good. I'd be proud of myself.

It's frutrating to know that people were around Michael who witness that something was not right and didn't do anything. But I also think to whom they could go to ask for help. Michael didn't have too many friends and his family was counting on him to do a family reunion. So, I don't think they had any real support. The only ones I think would had helped Michael were probably Branca or his mgr (the one with the cigar, sorry forgot his name). But we don't know what Amir and the others knew about them. If I were in his situation, I'd have taken Michael to the hospital; the press would be having a party with the latest news; i'd had been fired; I'd had been sad for losing my job, but I'll be satisfied that I did something good. I'd be proud of myself.

^^Sometime I wonder about this. I mean in hindsight people may think they would take Michael to the hospital, but I wonder if we really would. I think, for myself, I would think about the tabloids and what they would say. I would think of how this man dreaded his business being fodder for ghouls. What I think I would do would be to call some high profile private doctor to come to the home and let him handle it. If I am working with Michael, most likely I would know some high profile doctor in LA who could keep his mouth shut. At least, I would do this during the hot and cold episode.

Maybe if someone was brought in during the hot and cold episodes he would be with us today, but again this is all hindsight.

I'm amazed that so many of you have such a naive point of view about how Michael Jackson left this world.

Cherubim how did he leave this world?

^^Sometime I wonder about this. I mean in hindsight people may think they would take Michael to the hospital, but I wonder if we really would. I think, for myself, I would think about the tabloids and what they would say. I would think of how this man dreaded his business being fodder for ghouls. What I think I would do would be to call some high profile private doctor to come to the home and let him handle it. If I am working with Michael, most likely I would know some high profile doctor in LA who could keep his mouth shut. At least, I would do this during the hot and cold episode.

Maybe if someone was brought in during the hot and cold episodes he would be with us today, but again this is all hindsight.

Yes, it is easy to say afterwards what we would have done but none of us were there, in the real situation.
After all it was boss/employee situation, I cannot imagine going to my boss telling what to do with himself especially if my boss have doctor in the house whenever needed. I probably would have thought that boss is ok, the doc is in the house.

@Cherubim, how he left this world?
As far as I know and according to Murray trial, he pumped his patient full of meds and propofol, then left the patient his own while he was busy chatting with his various girlfriends.

going by amirs logic maybe he should sue himself, he who was actually in the house and around mj on a daily basis yet did nothing yet he blames AEG who werent in the house and didnt see what was going on and didnt see mj everyday.

Petrarose;3738906 said:

Don’t forget that Michael was a grown man, he was not a minor. Without his own consent, no doctor could examine him. Nobody can force a medical consultation to an adult who refuses.
Would have had to first obtain Michael’s approval, but I think it would have been difficult, he would have refused, because Murray was there and he trusted him ...
So should have made him lose his trust in Murray, but in the circumstances of the time, how ? and who could have done it?

Too late

I still don't get why he would sue now, almost 3,5 years later......

laeticia.fr;3738992 said:
Don’t forget that Michael was a grown man, he was not a minor. Without his own consent, no doctor could examine him. Nobody can force a medical consultation to an adult who refuses.
Would have had to first obtain Michael’s approval, but I think it would have been difficult, he would have refused, because Murray was there and he trusted him ...
So should have made him lose his trust in Murray, but in the circumstances of the time, how ? and who could have done it?

I see where you are going with that, but he probably would not refuse it with the hot and cold situation which is what my post was about ^^. If you remember, they said many times Michael would be sick and would not want to go to the hospital because he did not want it to get in the papers. Now if he reached out to the nurse about the hot and cold situation, it means he wanted some help with someone he trusted. I feel that if someone presented him with a good professional who was ethical at that time, he would have accepted it, because he is reaching out now. The mere fact he asked them to call that nurse was a sign that grown man or not, he could be steered to someone who was available who knew how to keep their mouth shut and was ethical. Maybe such a person would look him over and decide on a plan that would be good for him, and we would avoid 6/25. The issue for Michael was not that he did not want a doctor or would not approve it, but rather one of PRIVACY. That situation was an emergency, at least according to the nurse. However, as I said before that is all hindsight.

^ Yes, I think things would have turn out way differently (as in MJ might still be alive today) if Nurse Lee was available to see him that day!? =( MJ reachin out to her about the side affects he was feelin only proves to me he really didn't know why he was feelin that way and that it was Murray's fault. Even though Nurse Lee allegedly told him before that using Propofol was dangerous.

going by amirs logic maybe he should sue himself, he who was actually in the house and around mj on a daily basis yet did nothing yet he blames AEG who werent in the house and didnt see what was going on and didnt see mj everyday.

I agree elusive.. Amir was MJ's PA.. he knew how and where to reach him. He made the appointments for those who wanted to see MJ and for who MJ wanted to see.. Where was his concern when Murray was showing up nightly staying into the wee hours of the morning for a supposedly 'healthy' man? why wasn't he asking questions when MJ was losing weight drastically and going to Klein's office coming out looking dazed or experiencing fatigue and chills? where was he since he was the one closest to MJ during this time as his personal assistant

Back