Most likely estate releases over the next year?

I think it was actually smart to release the leaked versions now.

From now on nearly all songs will be new and have not leaked before.

The longer they had waited to release the songs - the more people would have found them on youtube, soundcloud, download etc.

Now they are released and not many leaked songs are out there anymore.

Next year I hope for OTW release like BAD25 - 1 CD (disc 1) with the original album - 1 CD (disc 2) with new songs (outtakes) - hope they contemporize the songs this time - and releases both the new and demo version like on Xscape. disc 2 could have 4 outtakes - new songs we've never heard before. That would be 4 contemporized songs and 4 demoes - that's 8 songs. That would leave room for maybe 5-6 other tracks. Maybe some demos for the original songs from OTW, maybe one remix or two. 1 CD (disc 3) with Live songs. - Maybe an entire live concert of a concert also released on DVD and Blu-Ray. 1 DVD with a concert. Triumph or Victory - most likely Triumph I would guess, but I don't care which one the release. And then also the Spike Lee doc. - It should be longer, feature more clips with MJ and a lot more studio footage! - I wanna see MJ record the songs. - See how he worked in the studio etc.

- Actually this one - but big - project would be enough for one year - but if there has to be 2 projects I would say Thriller would be nice. Full HD - 3D. - And after it has run in cinemas, it should be released on Blu-Ray with Ghosts. - Making of Thriller and Making of Ghosts. - And lot's of new never before seen footage!

Thriller and Ghosts deserves a Blu-Ray release. - And actually - while they transfer Thriller to HD and 3D - they should do the same thing with Ghosts !! - So people can go to the cinema and not only see 15 minutes Thriller - but also 30 minutes Ghosts (or how long it is!) - But make it a 2-in-1 Halloween experince! - See both Thriller and Ghosts in 3D full HD !!

:)

I like most of this, I just wish they stopped calling these new versions "contemporized" songs as if there is something wrong with the originals. Let's just call them remixes. I actually could do without these so called "contemporized" versions, IMO they tend to age very badly and in 5 years they will probably sound lame compared to the original material, but if it's neeed from a commercial POV I guess we have to put up with it.

Also Victory tour is Thriller era, so if they want to release a tour with OTW they should release Triumph or Destiny tour. That would be fantastic! I'd love to have these tours get an official release. I think with the OTW album Triumph tour would fit the best. But then they could also re-release the Triumph album as a part of that era.

Last edited:
I hope for Bad Tour Live in New York March 3 and Dangerous Tour Live in Munich June 27.

BAD Tour live in New York would be great, because every song except the first have of Man In The Mirror is sung live. His live vocals for Smooth Criminal sounds awesome on that show

BAD Tour live in New York would be great, because every song except the first have of Man In The Mirror is sung live. His live vocals for Smooth Criminal sounds awesome on that show

March 5th 1988 is what i would prefer over the March 3rd show, as their is film footage from that concert.. but i do not think that we should request specific shows.. haven't we learned from our mistakes? LMFAO

I just wish they stopped calling these new versions "contemporized" songs as if there is something wrong with the originals. Let's just call them remixes.

Let's not. Let's call them what they are - contemporized versions. Or album versions if you like that better. The original versions will always be originals and there is nothing wrong with that.

Let's not. Let's call them what they are - contemporized versions. Or album versions if you like that better. The original versions will always be originals and there is nothing wrong with that.

Contemporized to the sound of this era? yes. But i do not think that these mixes will last within the fan community, other than the title track. They don't reminisce who Michael was as an artist, he wasn't that kinda style..

Contemporized to the sound of this era? yes. But i do not think that these mixes will last within the fan community, other than the title track. They don't reminisce who Michael was as an artist, he wasn't that kinda style..

I am a fan. Longtime fan. I am a part of fan community. I'm sure that Chicago, Slave To The Rhythm, Loving You, Love Never Felt So Good... will always be part of my playlist and will last forever like all other Michael's greats. I doubt that I'll listen original versions of Loving You, Slave To The Rhythm or Blue Gangsta much in 5 or so years. I haven't played them for a long time now and I listen to contemporized versions almost daily.

So, please don't speak for all fan community. Please speak for yourself.

Hopefully they will not be called "album versions", since the album versions are songs which MJ finished and put on the album. Here we are talking about demos or maybe finished songs which for some reason were left off the original album. Whether finished or unfinished but the original versions of these songs are the artistically valuable ones so they definitely MUST be on the album in their original form. Any so called "contemporizing" is just catering for current audiences and charts, but that does not necessarily make them artistically valuable IMO. From a commercial POV I understand their purpose but that does not mean I have to be a big fan of them or the term "contemporized" as a fan. That term sounds a bit arrogant to me from these producers (I think L.A. Reid came up with it).

Also it doesn't have to be contemporized. I just like the fact that those songs sound finished. Like songs from MICHAEL album. I like Hollywood Tonight Demo or original version of Hold My Hand but I don't play that versions often. I heard them few times and that's it. But finished versions I listen all the time. Hollywood Tonight is one of my favourite songs. Ever. And one of the most played songs on my computer.

They are [Xscape] album versions.

What are you talking about? We are talking about a possible OTW re-release. I know you always get very defensive about any slight criticsm towards the ideas behind Xscape and I guess that's why you get defensive about my criticism towards the term "contemporarized" (as that term was made up during the Xscape campaign), but please read before you reply to something.

To a possible 'Off The Wall' deluxe edition, i honestly think that Bruno Mars & The Smeezingtons should produce a few remixes! maybe Bruno could feature on a duet of 'I Can't Help It'? i think that would be beautiful, 3 remixes + 1 Duet & 5 unreleased tracks.. would be so damn perfect. 'Off The Wall' Documentary & 'Triumph Tour' should be 2 Blu-Rays respectively, and the other 2 discs should be the original newly mastered album & the unreleased/remixes etc.

To a possible 'Off The Wall' deluxe edition, i honestly think that Bruno Mars & The Smeezingtons should produce a few remixes! maybe Bruno could feature on a duet of 'I Can't Help It'? i think that would be beautiful, 3 remixes + 1 Duet & 5 unreleased tracks.. would be so damn perfect. 'Off The Wall' Documentary & 'Triumph Tour' should be 2 Blu-Rays respectively, and the other 2 discs should be the original newly mastered album & the unreleased/remixes etc.

I do not mind a disc with remakes of the songs with current artists, but I hope they will call those what they are: covers, remakes or remixes. Saying that classics like I Can't Help It need "contemporarizing" and updating sounds a bit arrogant to me and rub me in the wrong way as a fan. That's all I say.

What are you talking about? We are talking about a possible OTW re-release.

We are?

Anyway. Contemporized song is contemporized song - yes a term created by LA Reid. And a remix is a remix.

For OTW re-release I would love to hear some new remixes of already released songs - maybe by Pharrell and Timbaland and some demos of previously released songs. If they have some demos that are not good enough or not complete enough for new "studio" album then they can put that out too. I think that for an anniversary album contemporizing or finishing is not necessary. Any great song from that era should be saved and contemporized (Xscape) or finished (MICHAEL) for the next proper album and released along with its original version.

I do not mind a disc with remakes of the songs with current artists, but I hope they will call those what they are: covers, remakes or remixes. Saying that classics like I Can't Help It need "contemporarizing" and updating sounds a bit arrogant to me and rub me in the wrong way as a fan. That's all I say.

Twisting my words, exactly what i thought would happen.. all i said was that i think it could work as a duet between Michael & Bruno to release as a single. 'I Can't Help It' is actually my favorite track from 'Off The Wall' don't presume what i mean.

The Thriller 3D thing, to me, is utterly pointless. I could do without that.

I really can't think of anything practical the estate could do next year. It's much too soon to release any new music.

Wow- you are a half-empty type of person I see. You are always so negative. Shame. There are lots to look forward to. And the Thriller 3D seems very exciting to me.

I just do not hope that The Estate wastes songs that could be contemporized for an all new album like Xscape on anniversary albums. - I really think Price of Fame could have been released as a "new" song on a new album.

If there are songs that are not finished vocally and can never be contemporized and released on a brand new album like Michael and Xscape - the fine, put them on anniversary albums, otherwise save them for a proper release.

Alcapone was great on BAD25 - cause surely that was a demo and could never have been released.

But Free, I'm So Blue and Price of Fame are amazing songs. - But since they were released on an anniversary album noone knows them, and never will. They could have had new production and would have been perfect !!

Agree! And I would add Abortion Papers.

Do you REALLY want a tour where Michael is obviously lip syncing every song (except for 2) to be released to theatres and represent him as a live act to the general public? I don't understand why ANY fan would want that

Which two songs did he sing live? I'm not too familiar with the History tour just have seen some clips here and there on YT.

Twisting my words, exactly what i thought would happen.. all i said was that i think it could work as a duet between Michael & Bruno to release as a single. 'I Can't Help It' is actually my favorite track from 'Off The Wall' don't presume what i mean.

Twisting your words? Huh? Learn to read things in the context of a conversation.

Which two songs did he sing live? I'm not too familiar with the History tour just have seen some clips here and there on YT.

Wanna be starting something & J5medley. Although he did sing the last parts on songs like You Are Not Alone, Billie Jean, Beat It & Heal The World

I honestly think that Bruno Mars & The Smeezingtons should produce a few remixes! maybe Bruno could feature on a duet of 'I Can't Help It'? i think that would be beautiful.

No posthumous duets, period. Justin Timberlake caused a major issue. Justin Bieber caused a major issue. Pitbull caused a major issue. Simply put, don't put any additional artists on a Michael Jackson song.

Wow- you are a half-empty type of person I see. You are always so negative. Shame. There are lots to look forward to. And the Thriller 3D seems very exciting to me.

It's called being realistic. There are dozens of fans on this board who ask for projects that quite simply aren't practical, and then whine and moan when their demands aren't met. XSCAPE just came out this year, and I'm sure the Estate wouldn't want to release new music so soon -- there seems to be a two-year gap between the release of anything previously unissued (MICHAEL in 2010, BAD 25 in 2012, XSCAPE in 2014). I simply can't think of anything that could be done.

Thriller 25 just sounds stupid to me. What's the point of it? It wasn't shot in 3D, it wasn't intended for 3D, almost none of it will work in 3D. It's just a way to shove more of Michael's Thriller period down our throats. Pass.

I disagree that I exaggerated anything. It's my opinion and I really think that the tour was spectacular. And history books and statistics will prove that.

Your words of disgust were hugely exaggerated, just to make your stand about the possible release.

This is getting ridiculous.

Fact of the matter, Onir, is that I just don't like this tour. There are very few positive things that I have to say. Michael's dancing is completely unenthusiastic for the most part. His vocals are painful to listen to (when he is actually singing, of course). The band seems totally uninterested. The greatness that he brought to the table for the Dangerous and Bad tours is missing from any show between 1996 and 1997. And it is in my opinion that the release of this show would not reflect well on a man who is hailed as the greatest entertainer of all time. So forgive me if I don't want to shower this show in praise.

Who are you to tell me that I'm exaggerating? Simply stating that I don't like the HIStory Tour is not breaking any MJJ Community board rules, so I'm allowed to say it as much as I please. You will not attempt to tell me that anything that I say is an exaggeration. Keep in mind this entire argument started because YOU quoted one of MY posts where I expressed MY dislike over this tour -- I never said ANYTHING to you specifically.

Bottom line: I don't like the HIStory tour. You do. That's fine; I'm not judging you. But I'm going to say whatever I want about it. That's what a discussion board is: I get to share my opinion as to what I think is a good and bad decision for the Estate. So long as I'm not breaking any board rules, it looks like I'm not going to stop. And with that said, this argument is over.

Twisting your words? Huh? Learn to read things in the context of a conversation.

Yes, twisting my words. You blatantly misquoted me in saying that ICHI needs to be contemporized, when in reality.. you're just writing BS to get thanks.

Yes, twisting my words. You blatantly misquoted me in saying that ICHI needs to be contemporized, when in reality.. you're just writing BS to get thanks.

Do I really need to break it down for you so that you understand and do not take offense and pick fights where you should not? :doh:

No, I did not "misquote you" on anything. I actually said that I don't mind your idea.

I do not mind a disc with remakes of the songs with current artists, but I hope they will call those what they are: covers, remakes or remixes.

And then I said:

Saying that classics like I Can't Help It need "contemporarizing" and updating sounds a bit arrogant to me and rub me in the wrong way as a fan. That's all I say.

About which I never said you said it. I was saying this in the whole context of that conversation about "contemporarizing". So who is twisting whose words then?

Do I really need to break it down for you so that you understand and do not take offense and pick fights where you should not? :doh:

No, I did not "misquote you" on anything. I actually said that I don't mind your idea.

And then I said:

About which I never said you said it. I was saying this in the whole context of that conversation about "contemporarizing". So who is twisting whose words then?

You quoted me in saying something that is completely different to what i actually wrote in the first place, i said that a posthumous duet would be nice as a single to promote the album if their were to be one. The song, personally doesn't need any additional production but we saw the promotion that JT brought to Xscape. It should be a promo single, but also ending up as a deluxe track on the 2nd CD.

You quoted me in saying something that is completely different to what i actually wrote in the first place, i said that a posthumous duet would be nice as a single to promote the album if their were to be one. The song, personally doesn't need any additional production but we saw the promotion that JT brought to Xscape. It should be a promo single, but also ending up as a deluxe track on the 2nd CD.

Read back the whole context of that conversation! It was in the middle of a conversation of a discussion about "contemporarizing". That's why I said any remake should be called remake or remix but not "contemporarizing". Classics like I Can't Help It do not need "contemporarizing". I did not say you said that they do, I just brought that song as an example since you mentioned it in your post. Call it remake, remix, but not "contemporarizing", that's all. Again, I did not talk about you specifically, but in general terms about what terms they use for these remakes.

Simply put, don't put any additional artists on a Michael Jackson song.

If the song is majorly unfinished and if the artist is talented and respectful, why not? Michael did it for Minnie Riperton.

Also to make a quality remix (like Love Never Felt So Good with JT) to help the song become a hit, why not? Every single artist in the world today is doing it (Katy Perry, Beyonce, Iggy, Rihanna...). It's a great promotional tool and it doesn't hurt the album version at all.

Thriller 25 just sounds stupid to me. What's the point of it? It wasn't shot in 3D, it wasn't intended for 3D, almost none of it will work in 3D. It's just a way to shove more of Michael's Thriller period down our throats. Pass.

Titanic wasn't shot in 3D, it wasn't intended for 3D and it worked perfectly. The purpose is to show Michael Jackson's work in a new and interesting way to old fans and to new generations. It's great way to keep Michael's legacy alive and to expose him to wide audience. Great masterpieces should be re-lived like this. The idea is great.

Back