Most likely estate releases over the next year?

I have to agree with Always There and Analogue 5000 per cent. I think people who think that History had wow moments didn't see Bad, Victory or Triumph tours.
He is tired, stressed and sick in History and it shows. I also personally resent that tour and Dangerous bc Bad showed he was the greatest entertainer of all time hands down and was intended to be his swan song to touring.

Because of idiotic rumors and tabloid stories his dreams of a film career were dashed. He said repeatedly he would make studio albums and films but touring was over.
I'm accused constantly of mourning Michael bc of the loss if my own childhood/young adulthood (not true) but maybe nostalgia affects the desire to see History on film.

What was the main thing that people were most impressed about during This Is It? Michael's performance of Human Nature. That was just Michael performing and singing live all by himself, and there was no fancy special effects. People do care about Michael's live vocals and the reaction to Human Nature on This Is It proves that

What was the main thing that people were most impressed about during This Is It? Michael's performance of Human Nature. That was just Michael performing and singing live all by himself, and there was no fancy special effects. People do care about Michael's live vocals and the reaction to Human Nature on This Is It proves that

Ah Human Nature was just beautiful in TII. Just amazing.

As much as I love the Bad Tour, Dangerous will always be my favorite Tour. The opening, brace yourself, the toaster standing there with his glasses while it's pouring, the dancing, the costumes, the effects, the songs, (spins on Man In The Mirror!), The rocket man, SC Lean, Moonwalk for Billie Jean. The Dangerous Tour kicks so much ass and a true representation of Michael Jackson, the performer, entertainer, singer. It encompasses all that was MJ. While I love the bad tour I personally think there wasn't enough theatrics and choreographic numbers in that tour, not enough mystic and suspense. While some people may actually praise and love it for being a little more simple that is totally understandable. But for me it will always be Dangerous, I grew up with Bucharest on TV and VHS, witnessed it break records. DWT ftw:)

'Human Nature' in THIS IS IT! really impressed me when i saw the film, the day it came out.. plus, later finding out that everything except the first verse were live vocals for 'Smooth Criminal' made me ''WOW'' even more, and the aggressive vocals during 'Black Or White' and when he used the middle finger towards the cam :D he was performing so freely, and i gotta see the unseen 6 song's in the future along with behind the scenes & more of the brainstorming sessions & directing the crew/dancers/band etc.! 'BAD' Tour & THIS IS IT! were some of my favorite performances of Michael's, and i'm dying to see more of it in the future.

This is why I'm getting sick of these fan sites. There's always those members who have to start public, unnecessary arguments with people whenever they dare step out against the crowd. I couldn't care less about the Victory tour and probably won't buy the DVD/Blu-Ray if it ever comes out. Wanna scold me for that opinion? How about my opinion that I think, as a whole, MICHAEL has more quality music than XSCAPE does (in retrospect)? Is it okay if I have my own opinion, Onir?

What are you talking about? You used some very very harsh strong words to describe something you don't like (someone reading your posts would say hate). I respect your opinion and you should respect mine and opinions of other fans and general public who want to see HIStory in theaters and on blu-ray.

One thing is to have an opinion and share it here so we can discuss it, but the words you used to describe one of the most spectacular world tours ever in history of entertainment was just unnecessary, just to state your opinion.

I respect your decision that you won't buy it/go see it and the same way you should respect my (and other fans) excitement over this project.

What are you talking about? You used some very very harsh strong words to describe something you don't like (someone reading your posts would say hate). I respect your opinion and you should respect mine and opinions of other fans and general public who want to see HIStory in theaters and on blu-ray.

One thing is to have an opinion and share it here so we can discuss it, but the words you used to describe one of the most spectacular world tours ever in history of entertainment was just unnecessary, just to state your opinion.

I respect your decision that you won't buy it/go see it and the same way you should respect my (and other fans) excitement over this project.

That's because I'm very strong and passionate about my opinion.

If I'm very against something, I will speak my mind and use words that I feel are appropriate, just as you would if you were in favor of something. You, for example, just called the HIStory tour "one of the most spectacular world tours ever". I would call it one of the most embarrassing tours to ever occur, particularly from such a seasoned and outstanding performer.

My feelings may be a bit harsh. And yours are a bit exaggerated. And that is totally fine.

When we love something, we tend to exaggerate to a degree, just as we would if we dislike something. I without a doubt respect your decision to enjoy the HIStory tour and describe it in any way you wish, just as you should respect my decision to dislike it and do the same.

I agree that it's most likely an Off the Wall release and the Thriller 3D. I'd be totally pumped for both.

I would LOVE to see something with Moonwalker. I feel like Michael put so much into it and it's always pushed aside. Oh, and the Victory Tour. Why it hasn't been released already blows my mind.

I have to agree with Always There and Analogue 5000 per cent. I think people who think that History had wow moments didn't see Bad, Victory or Triumph tours.
He is tired, stressed and sick in History and it shows. I also personally resent that tour and Dangerous bc Bad showed he was the greatest entertainer of all time hands down and was intended to be his swan song to touring.

Because of idiotic rumors and tabloid stories his dreams of a film career were dashed. He said repeatedly he would make studio albums and films but touring was over.
I'm accused constantly of mourning Michael bc of the loss if my own childhood/young adulthood (not true) but maybe nostalgia affects the desire to see History on film.

I don't resent the Dangerous Tour. Yes, Some songs were lip synced, but the tour was still about 70% live. And the songs that were lip synced were still entertaining to watch because the energy was still there. Especially in 1992

Just compare Smooth Criminal on the Dangerous Tour to Smooth Criminal on the HIStory Tour. Both are lip synched, but the Dangerous Tour is far more entertaining

Took your advice and watched a 92 Dangerous Tour Smooth Criminal (prob Bucharest) and then watched HIStory tour one (Munich) and then re-watched the Dangerous one. Although I liked the addition of the two women, you are right-Dangerous is way more energetic than I remember and made History look really draggy in comparison. The second time around it almost seemed like it was "sped up."

I'm sure the Dangerous Tour was great-especially the first year. I have always personally had a resentment to it bc all I read and heard from Michael from 78 on was the dream of being in film.

And then after Bad tour his efforts to be in Pan, Phantom, Edward Scissorhands (and probably more I don't know about)were all destroyed because of this stupid stuff like his skin, wanting to look like Diana, Bubbles, elephant man bones, hydrobaric chamber etc so no film company would touch him. That made me really angry at the time and then Sony lured him back with the biggest contact of all time and he realized the good he could do on the tour with his Heal the World foundation. So I think my anger at the film dreams just transfer over to the DT because it was so unfair.

And of course in 93 was the first time I saw the stress and lupus really take hold. It's hard for me to watch any of Dangerous without thinking of all that.
I still thoroughly enjoy watching him rehearse that show however.

My issues with Dangerous Tour have nothing to do with lip synching-but it's also just my very personal feelings about that time.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see something with Moonwalker. I feel like Michael put so much into it and it's always pushed aside.

Preach. I'm a 90's kid (born in 87) and Moonwalker sums up everything I loved music and film wise during my kid days.

I would LOVE to see something with Moonwalker. I feel like Michael put so much into it and it's always pushed aside.
The movie is already available on Blu-Ray in amazing quality so I don't know what they can really do with it. Only thing is a making-of documentary but it should have been included with the Blu-Ray. They could re-release the Moonwalker game in HD on Playstation Store and Xbox Live.

The movie is already available on Blu-Ray in amazing quality so I don't know what they can really do with it. Only thing is a making-of documentary but it should have been included with the Blu-Ray. They could re-release the Moonwalker game in HD on Playstation Store and Xbox Live.

Yup, I don't think it's available in the USA (likely licensing reasons, that shits always complicated) but it's available everywhere else. I have it on Blu-ray but I don't see any region-encoding information on the back or side... so I assume mine is region-free. Americans should be able to just buy it off Amazon UK or something!

Though in all honesty, I would've love to see Michael make a musical film that actually had a somewhat decent plot (and characters and dialogue too). Don't get me wrong, it can be a fun film to watch... but watching it a couple of weeks ago (on Blu-ray nonetheless) I felt it could've been so much better than what it really was.

I'd love them to re-release Moonwalker on the Playstation Store! I've heard so many people rave on about that game so I'd love to see what all the commotion is about :)

Last edited:
Off The Wall documentary has been in the making for a little more than 2 month's, it is exciting to think what kinda footage may be included! perhaps some behind the scenes of the three short films? I certainly assume that their will be some footage from the Triumph & Destiny Tours thrown in their also, it would be a mystery to me if the estate aren't planning a deluxe edition of the 'Off The Wall' record.. i would love to hear 'Goin' To Rio' & 'Susie' among a few other's, and personally i think their should be a theatrical release of the 1981 concert series, if Queen can do it.. plus, i believe their is at least one show from Triumph that is on film.. or perhaps a montage show could work, main difference would be Michael's hair/weight.. which wouldn't matter too much. Of course it could just be the documentary, but one can hope for something decent.

Yup, I don't think it's available in the USA (likely licensing reasons, that shits always complicated) but it's available everywhere else. I have it on Blu-ray but I don't see any region-encoding information on the back or side... so I assume mine is region-free. Americans should be able to just buy it off Amazon UK or something!

The Moonwalker Blu-ray is region free so as you say,nothing stopping anyone from importing it....of course it is cut ever so slightly,http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=224122

My feelings may be a bit harsh. And yours are a bit exaggerated. And that is totally fine.

When we love something, we tend to exaggerate to a degree, just as we would if we dislike something. I without a doubt respect your decision to enjoy the HIStory tour and describe it in any way you wish, just as you should respect my decision to dislike it and do the same.

I disagree that I exaggerated anything. It's my opinion and I really think that the tour was spectacular. And history books and statistics will prove that. From wiki: "The tour included a total of 82 concerts and was attended by approximately 4.5 million fans, beating his previous Bad World Tour with 4.4 million. The HIStory World Tour spanned the globe with stops in 58 cities, 35 countries on 5 continents."

Box office US $165 million ($242.4 in 2014 dollars) - numbers don't lie.

Your words of disgust were hugely exaggerated, just to make your stand about the possible release.

And while I respect your opinion about not liking it you have absolutely no right to protest about it being commercially released. It is your legal right not to buy it but you have no rights to stop others to enjoy it!

I disagree that I exaggerated anything. It's my opinion and I really think that the tour was spectacular. And history books and statistics will prove that. From wiki: "The tour included a total of 82 concerts and was attended by approximately 4.5 million fans, beating his previous Bad World Tour with 4.4 million. The HIStory World Tour spanned the globe with stops in 58 cities, 35 countries on 5 continents."

Box office US $165 million ($242.4 in 2014 dollars) - numbers don't lie.
Statistics like that don't really tell anything about how good the tour was. It just tells that people wanted to see Michael live. They wouldn't have know about the playback before they went to see it.

Statistics like that don't really tell anything about how good the tour was. It just tells that people wanted to see Michael live. They wouldn't have know about the playback before they went to see it.

The point is that they would still want to see it even if they knew about the playback and I'm sure some people knew and didn't mind because when you go to see Michael Jackson's concert you don't go just to hear him sing (like Mariah Carey), you go to be mesmerized, to be entertained. It always had to be the greatest show on Earth, not just another live performance. He started to use playback during the Bad Tour when he was young and healthy enough to sing all songs completely live - because he knew that by doing that he could offer something more - dancing, complex choreography, costumes changing, magic... With each subsequent tour he used playback more and more - deliberately, intentionally, on purpose! I know that he had health problems during the HIStory Tour but even if he hadn't a lot of songs would still be performed using playback. He knew that and consciously made that decision trying to make the show better and more entertaining to the audience. It was HIS choice. Of course that he could have just stand there and outsing every other artist living or dead. He knew that and everyone knows that, but he decided not to go that way. And I don't blame him, it was his shows.

I know he chose to perform with playback but it doesn't mean that it was a right choice. Watching playback performances can be really boring. I would choose Michael singing badly over using playback. :)

I know he chose to perform with playback but it doesn't mean that it was a right choice. Watching playback performances can be really boring. I would choose Michael singing badly over using playback. :)

His choice was his choice. I would do it differently. But that doesn't mean that the shows would be better or more entertaining.

Also I would prefer good executed playback over Michael singing badly (WBSS and I'll Be There on some HIStory shows).

Wasn't his reason for lip syncing so much on the HIStory Tour is because he was having problems with his voice at the time? Just listen to the times when he actually does sing on the HIStory Tour. His voice sounds really rough and scratchy

Wasn't his reason for lip syncing so much on the HIStory Tour is because he was having problems with his voice at the time? Just listen to the times when he actually does sing on the HIStory Tour. His voice sounds really rough and scratchy

Yes, that's why I said that I prefer playback over "Michael singing badly" (WBSS and I'll Be There on some HIStory shows).

But for example Smooth Criminal, Jam, TDCAU, Scream... is very hard to sing while doing complex choreography even when you are 100% healthy.

Lupus is the cause of this. People really need to settle down and appreciate the way Michael did thing's. Brunei & Prague need to be seen.

Yes, that's why I said that I prefer playback over "Michael singing badly" (WBSS and I'll Be There on some HIStory shows).

But for example Smooth Criminal, Jam, TDCAU, Scream... is very hard to sing while doing complex choreography even when you are 100% healthy.

I agree with that, but lip syncing songs like Stranger In Moscow and You Are Not Alone is just cringe worthy

I agree with that, but lip syncing songs like Stranger In Moscow and You Are Not Alone is just cringe worthy

I agree. And Heal The World & Will You Be There.

But interestingly he performed both Will You Be There & Heal The World on playback during the Dangerous Tour. I guess that he would be so tired during those last few songs of the concert that he just had to lip sync.

I think that he would sang those 2 songs live if he wasn't having health problems. Just like he performed Human Nature & IJCSLY live on Dangerous Tour.

I agree. And Heal The World & Will You Be There.

But interestingly he performed both Will You Be There & Heal The World on playback during the Dangerous Tour. I guess that he would be so tired during those last few songs of the concert that he just had to lip sync.

Or maybe he didn't sound good in his own mind when he sang them live. Maybe he thought that he couldn't sing them like the studio version. We can't really know.

Lupus is the cause of this. People really need to settle down and appreciate the way Michael did thing's. Brunei & Prague need to be seen.
Some people just don't like watching lip-syncing. I think that is perfectly understandable. :)

Also I would prefer good executed playback over Michael singing badly (WBSS and I'll Be There on some HIStory shows).
I haven't heard bad version of I'll be There on HIStory Tour. In Munich concert it was great even though he didn't sound good in WBSS.

Some people just don't like watching lip-syncing. I think that is perfectly understandable. :)

By the time Michael arrived in Munich, his voice was extremely effected.. he put too much pressure on it for many years, i much prefer his vocal in 'This Is It' after all that time away from touring, and having vocal training with Seth Riggs helped him a lot.

If HIStory cannot impress half of the fan base* then why do we expect it to impress other people by putting it in the theater? I hope they put a better tour - which is any other tour - in the theater. Michael needs to be represented at his best not at his worst in a theater release. In case of a HIStory re-release the focus should be on other stuff than the tour - the album (which is fantastic and very underrated), unreleased material, outtakes, Ghosts (which should get a proper release at last) etc.

* Please let's not start an argument about whether "HIStory cannot impress half of the fan base" is factually correct data or not - I'm talking figuratively. The point is that even a lot of fans find the HIStory Tour uninspiring and Michael needs to be represented at his best in a high profile release and not by a tour which is considered even by many fans his worst tour. If many fans are not impressed by the excessive lip-synching imagine the response it would get from mainstream critics! I'm telling you the response would not be a pretty sight and it would harm MJ's legacy rather than helping it. There are so many great releases they could do which would truly build and strengthen his legacy, so why go for one which is highly controversial even among fans?

Last edited:
I'd love to see Ghosts 3D in theatres. To be honest, I'd rather that over Thriller 3D.

Last edited:
Back