Murray sentencing hearing 29th November-/ UPDATE Judge Pastor Sentences MAXimum Penalty

Are there any video links to the full court day? I couldn't follow it yesterday, lying in bed with a bad flu...

ETA: Ooops, hehe, I found them in the video thread. Ignore my question. ;)

Last edited:
Funny how Walgren mentioned the exact same thing I said about the record iPhone app a few weeks ago-that's how I knew Murray saying it was an accident was BS, and I'm sure Mr Walgren knows how to use an iPhone!

This:

Although Murray received the maximum sentence of four years, he is unlikely to serve anything close to that amount of time, a fact that the prosecution does not find disappointing. Brazil told Savannah Guthrie, "The judge clearly sent a message to Dr. Murray as well as any other physician by imposing the maximum sentence. The actual time spent behind bars is not a reflection of the seriousness of Conrad Murray's conduct."

I found so disappointing, i know they cant do anything but agreeing to it make it worse for me :(

Also thx Ramona for the sum!!! Great talks and i agree the recording cant be a accident no way!

Also the probation report, is there a transcript of it? Am i correct that there are more letters etc in there than that were read yesterday??

The 4 year sentence is what it is, can't change a thing about that, I guess.

BUT, The Murderer Murray will FOREVER be known as the man who killed Michael Jackson. In or out of jail, life as he knew it, is over!

He's so arrogant, he "might" have thought that he would get away with it. Now he wakes up to knowing that his MUG SHOT is circulating around the entire globe.

His claim to fame was being a successful heart doctor, who went on to be the personal physican to Michael Jackson. Something that I'm sure he planned to use to the best of his ability, in order to score the affection of MORE young women. It's all over now! (He's almost 60 years old.)

He used that medical license as a Badge Of Honor in order to WOO young women and SKRIPPERS, without that medical license, they won't give him the time of day.

I told one of my friends this morning that we should ALL watch our local Mickey D's, because the person working the fryer just might be The Murderer-Conrad Murray.

The sentence sucks compared to the crime, but we got a guilty verdict, and we got the maximum sentence we could have. That is something. More importantly than the number of days this POS will spend in jail, the fact that the whole world knows what he did, even if we dont have the exact detailed report of what happened, the list of all the deliberate mistakes he made, and the lies are widely known. He'll be forever known as the man who killed Michael.

Now if he could meet that Bubba guy in the shower somewhere, I would not shed one tear.

Is there a link from the Insession-IV with Walgran and Brazil?

Thank you for summary Ramona! I can't find a links to watch it :(
Were there some personal questions or questions about their attitude towards Michael as an artist, musician, singer?

Last edited:
Thank you for summary Ramona! I can't find a links to watch it :(
Were there some personal questions or questions about their attitude towards Michael as an artist, musician, singer?

No, it was all about the trial.

The closest he came to talking about Michael personally is when he said that a human had died and he tried not to let Michael's celebrity blind him, although it was fairly hard given who he was.

Will we ever get to see the probation report?

Also I was a little confused yesterday regarding the monetary restibution, I thought I was hearing that murray was being asked to pay the Jackson family for loss of earnings, when surely it should only go to the estate? The Jackson family as a whole have not lost any earnings, just the children and probably Katherine.

The closest he came to talking about Michael personally is when he said that a human had died and he tried not to let Michael's celebrity blind him, although it was fairly hard given who he was.

I'm dying to know what do they think about Michael as a person and musician, whether they ever listen to his music. It seems to me when Walgren was teen-ager, every kid of his age was MJ fan.

https://twitter.com/#!/jermjackson5
jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
As you all are by us RT @LaughingPelican: @jermjackson5 your piece in The Sun UK was SO POWERFUL! very moving, thankyou...you are loved!
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Thank you for all your continued, amazing support today. Judge Pastor spoke real truth and nailed all of Murray's self-serving lies
11 hours ago

My thoughts on the sentencing RT @SteveDennis71 "It's not justice - and it shld have been murder" bit.ly/vgirRY
11 hours ago

Jermaine thoughts on the trial, verdict, & sentencing:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...onrad-Murray-is-haunted-by-what-hes-done.html

Jermaine: I hope Conrad Murray is haunted by what he’s done
Brother's despair as Michael Jackson's doctorgets four years

AS much as the headlines may say otherwise, what happened yesterday was not justice.

True justice shouldn't feel as empty and pointless as this.

"Justice" is not having some clown of a doctor act so criminally negligent with Michael's life that he ends up killing him . . . then receives such a pitiful sentence.

That's not natural justice.

That's "justice" on paper for the prosecutors and courts to record as another conviction secured.

For us as a family, it feels like justice — in the true, hard-hitting, let-the-punishment-match-the-crime sense of the word — has been denied by a technicality.

Let me tell you what justice should have — and could have — looked like: Dr Conrad Murray charged with, and convicted of, second-degree murder and sent down for decades. A life incarcerated for the life lost because of his reckless choices, inept skills and breathtaking disregard of the human life in his solo care.

As someone who sat through the evidence at trial before Murray was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, I know there was enough legal justification to charge this case as second-degree murder.

In the US, the malice is deemed "implied" if a person's negligence is so unbelievably reckless. As Murray's was.

I also know the District Attorney's office in LA seriously considered this route. But they opted for the less risky, more conviction-likely, safer option when the overwhelming evidence screamed for a stronger charge.

That is why, when I watched Murray being sentenced at LA Superior Court yesterday, I felt more like shrugging my shoulders than punching the air.

Because I was witnessing the due process go through the motions for the soft sentence that involuntary manslaughter carries.

I don't blame Judge Michael Pastor. The maximum sentence could only be four years by law. From the start, this case, its truth and the wider circumstances leading up to Michael's death, have been placed in a straitjacket.

Judge Pastor's hands were tied and he gave him the maximum sentence, but four years feels woefully insufficient.

What I appreciated was how the judge "disassociated" himself from all suggestions that Michael would have died with or without Murray's involvement.

That lie, that Michael somehow self-administered or contributed to his own death, was sent to jail with the rest of Murray's lies. I just hope that for every long day that Murray does serve in jail, he is haunted by what he's done in the same way we've been haunted by what he didn't do — keep Michael healthy and alive.

Murray's recklessness has robbed our family of a son, brother and uncle.

It has deprived Prince, Paris and Blanket of a wonderful father who doted on them.

It has deprived the world of a genius artist whose music would have kept on evolving.

And it denied Michael the greatest comeback of all time — the comeback he had imagined for such a long time.

He was on the verge of turning over a new leaf in his life.

The This Is It concerts in London were just the beginning of a five-year plan to turn things around and restore some financial security. He was even finalising a $15million (£9.6million) downpayment on a home in Las Vegas.

This payment was one of the last things he spoke about at rehearsals before heading home for that ill-fated, sleepless night.

Murray's recklessness denied Michael the new, exciting future he had his heart set on. I have seen some ill-informed reactions that have painted Murray as some kind of "scapegoat" and that my brother's death was due to his "addiction to drugs".

None of which is true — as all evidence proved.

For the record, Michael had no dependency on the painkiller demerol at the time of his death, as was claimed in court.

It's true that he had a known drug dependency in 1993 and it continued to mess with him for almost a decade. But circumstances in 2001 did not kill him in 2009, despite Murray's defence team doing its best to link the past to the future.

Bottom line: There was no demerol found in his house or in his body. So much for him being "an addict".

Michael, a chronic insomniac, died because he wanted to sleep, not because he wanted to get high, and he trusted Murray to ensure this happened by administering an unorthodox measure — the anaesthetic propofol.

Michael regarded this sleep-inducing drug as the only effective solution to an insomnia triggered by touring.

Propofol is like a gun — safe in the right hands but in the wrong hands, it's deadly. Michael placed his life in Murray's wrong hands.

One of the toughest aspects of the trial was realising how saveable Michael was.

Had Murray monitored him, instead of wandering off to ring his girlfriends, he'd have seen that Michael had stopped breathing.

Had he had the standard life-saving equipment and rang 911 and not stalled for 15 inexplicable minutes, there was always a real chance of life. Had he not kept hidden from paramedics the vital fact he'd administered propofol. Had he been a trained professional who knew what he was doing, Michael would still be alive today.

I remain haunted by the endless list of "Had he done this . . . "

I also remain haunted by the wider truths that hide beneath the surface of the Murray case.

This extra, disturbing information is what I discovered when writing my tribute memoir You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through A Brother's Eyes.

I received some criticism for the timing of the book, but I not only wanted to document the truth about Michael as a human being, I wanted fans to understand what we, the family, have learned about what really happened at the This Is It rehearsals.

It was here — behind the scenes and unseen in the official movie — that Michael's body first issued distress signals about the gradual poisoning by propofol.

It was being administered to such an extent that it turned my brother's body toxic. He was, in effect, a dead man walking long before he died.

Michael collapsed on stage, had to be helped up steps, half his body was hot and half was cold and he didn't even have the strength to lift a lightweight prop during a routine for Thriller.

Something was seriously wrong, but a collective attitude of "the show must go on" prevailed. No doubt assisted by Murray's lies that Michael was in fine health.

I think the story behind his decline in health and his treatment by certain people — topics that were never fully explored at trial because of the narrow scope of evidence — is troubling.

From what eyewitnesses shared with me for the book, too many people kept their eye on the prize of a money-spinning concert and lost sight of the frail human being at its centre.

Based on the dire condition Michael was in, This Is It should have been shut down by June 20. In other words, he was saveable long before June 25 when he died.

For us as a family, this remains part of a wider neglect of Michael. It is within the arena of a wrongful death civil lawsuit against the concert promoter AEG which is where some wider truths will, I hope, be examined.

The conviction and sentencing of Murray is the first step towards a greater justice.

Nothing can bring Michael back. Nothing can change the meagre reality surrounding Murray's sentencing. But it is our duty to his memory to bring out the truth of what happened to him.

Maybe then we'll start to feel better vindicated. Maybe then we'll feel less empty.

Maybe then we'll be able to rest, knowing "truth" is sometimes the definition of true justice.

So one of Murray's patients says 'he will never turn his back on Murray'... probably best not to after CM has spent 2 years with 'bubba' :)

While I'm thrilled with how today went. I'm kinda confused about how I feel right now. I mean realistically we still don't fully know what happened. I mean yes obviously he gave MJ more then 25mg but I'd like to know how it fully went down. I feel like I've heard 10 different versions of how that night went down idk maybe it's just me. I didn't watch the full trial because of school. I'm also not thrilled that he'll prob only stay in 2 years but I guess we nor the judge has any control over that so guess I'll just have to accept it. Besides those two factors I've overall happy and feel like we finally got some sort of closure.

No, we'll never know what fully went down. All we know is that Michael was and had been on a propofol drip for some time when he died. We know that he didn't do that to himself, Murray did it. I guess that's enough for me, but I'm worried about the kids. They will never know either. I don't know how they take it, but if they feel they don't need these answers now, they certainly will some day. They lost their dad, and will never know exactly what happened.

I'm really angry with Murray about that. How can he not understand that ? With the amount of evidence against him, the conviction was almost certain, the only thing he could have done was to admit what he had done, and tell the truth. That would have gotten him a lighter sentence. Instead he told lies, changes his version 150 times. Many people here believe he's a dangerous sociopath, I agree with that. His attitude is impossible to understand, it's plain stupid. Whatever he will say in the future, I'll never believe him.

I understand the right of a defendant not to testify in the US, and I think it's mostly a good thing . But sometimes.... if he had been confronted with his own lies and the facts, maybe he would have been made to give a little bit more info about what really happened. We still wouldn't have a clear picture, but a better picture maybe. In my country, the system is different, a judge can ask questions during a trial, and not answering will be held against a defendant.

I'm happy with the sentence, because Murray got the maximum. The judge's speech was exactly how I feel about it, and that was a relief for me to hear that.

The sentencing is the bitter finale of a tragic, unnecessary, and most importantly avoidable event. Such a shame, after everything said and done, the fact that stands out the most is; that Michael is not here anymore, and regardless of any sentence, nothing will ever bring him back. God bless you Michael :cry:

Re jermaine's sun interview, although i appreciated the statements about mj not being a drug addict, i thought his dismissive attitude to the trial and murray's sentence was a real slap in the face to walgren/brazil. It wasn't up to them that the charge was only IVM, and the way they fought so hard for that case should have been mentioned by jermaine - it was v ill mannered esp as jj's interview seems to be the only detailed public family statement there's been.

So true. i feel so low today after yesterday. reality hits again and u realise that no matter what happens to him it will never change what we have to live with and wont change what happened and what he did and the lies and refusal to admit his guilt

Re jermaine's sun interview, although i appreciated the statements about mj not being a drug addict, i thought his dismissive attitude to the trial and murray's sentence was a real slap in the face to walgren/brazil. It wasn't up to them that the charge was only IVM, and the way they fought so hard for that case should have been mentioned by jermaine - it was v ill mannered esp as jj's interview seems to be the only detailed public family statement there's been.
I agree I find it pretty offensive actually, given the fact that those two prosecutors did everything in their power, to make sure Murray is convicted, Jermaine better hush up cuz quiet frankly Walgren and Brazil did more that Jermaine will ever do in 10 lifetime's combined when it comes to getting some kind of 'justice' for Michael. No one is happy with the realignment law non non PB xxx, but they did everything they could within the boundaries of the law to ensure Michael got justice, WITHOUT crapping on Michael in the process, which is why they deserve and get my utmost respect unlike Jerm.

Last edited:
and it's easy to say "it should have been murder". The more important question is that what would you have done if it was murder and the jury didn't convict on that and murray walked free? - can anyone say Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson?

Exactly. the prosecutors had to contend with the families yacking and helping murray with all the druggy crap.walgren and co defended mj with a passion even if they dont like mj personally. which is more than can be said for mjs own family

It is what it is - with all the restrictions that could have been used Murray got the maximum sentence that Judge Pastor could give. Still doesn't bring Michael back though.

and it's easy to say "it should have been murder". The more important question is that what would you have done if it was murder and the jury didn't convict on that?
U would presume they would have had an option of m.s?

IM was the right charge here. Yes, we all wanted more than 4 years but that is what it is. Murder 2 is very difficult to prove. In the end of the day what does everyone want-a guaranteed guilty verdict or a trial on a higher charge where he quite likely would have walked?

Back