Murray Trial- Day 13- October 19th Discussion

so I really haven't missed anything yet except them talking about his credentials?

"We have been told the break could be as long as 30 minutes. It sounds like the judge may be allowing parts of the video to be shown."

not really thunder. he hasnt got into any of the juicy bits so to speak yet. i think thats coming next

well youre a hard act to follow. I have no idea how you do it. Bouee is great too. You guys must type so fast!

i guess i learnt something from spending heck knows how many years and hours on the message boards lol sometimes i can type without looking at the keyboard which is rather weird lol. it doesnt work out so well late at night though or when ive worked till 4am the night before! lol

not really thunder. he hasnt got into any of the juicy bits so to speak yet. i think thats coming next

ok Elusive thank you. Sothey are saying on t that there is no audio to this film Dr Shafer will be narrating it.,,and the defense is aying that there is no reason to show this film that oral testimony cannot do. They are only going to allow pieces of this video.;

Watching HLN while waiting for the trial to start. I really dislike the guest defence attorney, Lauren Lake. She is definitely on Murray's corner, saying MJ is an addict and responsible for his own death and how good Murray is, SIGH... I hope MJ fans give her shit!!!

Perhaps she will love to have Murray as her personal physician and put her out and save us the misery!

Supposedly educated people making comments like that is extremely infuriating. If someone was a raging heroin addict and a pusher gave him drugs and he overdosed, the pusher would also be held accountable. But because it's MJ and Conrad Murray has the title of doctor, he should be given a free pass. smdh

Dr Shafer

Walgren

Goes through other journals Dr Shafer collaborates with, as editor or editor in chief.

Dr Shafer created the simulation for MAC and Icu sedation in propofol packakging

ICU sedation : sedation for a long period of time, days to week. It's a 12 hours sedation , 12 hours off sedation; Patients are bombarded with lights, procedures, they need sedation.

MAC : for minor procedures, the person be sleepy for a smaller period of time

different studies he conducted :
the influence of method of adminstration of propofol (etc) : pharmaco kinetics volunteer study.
Aim : what is the influence of gender, weight, age of patient. The study created the maths to predict how the drug will move in the patient.

influence of age on propofol pharmacodynamics. Aim : is the drug more poweful depending on age, gender, weight of the patient ?.

Propofol dosis regimen for ICU : principal investigator, responsible for the conduct of the study. Synthesis of two previous studies . Aim : are the ICU patients different, because they ae criticlly ill. Study used by FBA for the propofol guidelines.

Has studied lorazepam and midazolam : has established the same kind of mathematical models.
Article published : a double blind comparizon of IV lorazepam vs midazolam in ICU patients. Was Co Principal Investigator.

Has researched lidocaine : derivation and cross validation for computer controled infusion of lidocaine: created a mathematical model for computer given lidocaine.

Has published more than 160 papers, 50 book chapters, frequently speaks at conferences , national and international. Ex : China, Chile, Cananda, UK, Israel

Teaches how to create models and simulation in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics : has to predict the whole timecourse of concentration, concentration will change over time, so the effects in the patient will change

Has been a praticising medical doctor and anethesiolgist for 25 years. Training in Pennsylvania, practiced in Calif, since 2007 has prtacticed in NYC. Will likely be back in San Francisco this year, for personal reasons. Was in an operating room 26 days since july. It's important to remain active as an anethesiologist, sees it as the most important part of his professional life.

Has reserched this case pro bono, ie for free, has not charged for resarching medical malpractice cases for 10 years. Doesn't want to compromise his integrity, doesn't want to profit from medical «*misadventures*».
Specifically for this case : this case is public, Dr Safer is worried about the reputation of physicians. This case doesn't reflect how anethesiogists practice. «*Are you going to give me the drug that killed MJ*» : hears that question daily. wants people to understand that they are safe with popofol when it's properly administered.

So do we get to see it then?

after the break i guess. i presume they are having it early so they can watch the video straight through without having to stop for the mid morn break

loads of paitents hes sees says you arent gonna give me the drug that killed mj are you it happens daily. he says diprivan is a safe great drug if given properly and hes upset cause of this case that its scaring paitents so he wants to help set the record straight that the problem is the way it was given not the actual drug its self

This is exactly what happened to me four months ago when I had outpatient surgery and I asked that very question of my anesthesiologist. He said "yes, I'm going to use diprivan" and then told me in no uncertain terms that it's very safe. I will be having major surgery soon and I just know they'll be giving me Propofol again. Dr. Shaffer is absolutely right. The medical community must be collectively upset that a relatively great and safe anesthetic has gotten such a bad rep because of this case.

....loads of paitents hes sees says you arent gonna give me the drug that killed mj are you it happens daily. he says diprivan is a safe great drug if given properly and hes upset cause of this case that its scaring paitents so he wants to help set the record straight that the problem is the way it was given not the actual drug its self

mid morning break .early cause i guess they are gonna show that video after?

Looks like it's gonna go down in histroy books as
the drug that killed Michael Jackson.
The curse of Diprivan a.k.a.Propofol ...
All because of Conrad Murray,
he must be so proud he can re-write history of
medicine in one fell swoop

i guess i learnt something from spending heck knows how many years and hours on the message boards lol sometimes i can type without looking at the keyboard which is rather weird lol. it doesnt work out so well late at night though or when ive worked till 4am the night before! lol

I'm an editor by profession and I can type without looking but I'm not as fast as you seem to be!

InSession In Session
New evidence in #ConradMurray to be shown soon... The state will show a video demonstrating cardiac arrest caused by propofol.

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Defense Atty Ed Chernoff argued video was extremely prejudicial dramatization. There are examples of people in cardiac arrest due 2 Propofol
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The video has narration of Dr. Shafer. Prosecution says it is a simulation and instructional use of Propofol to help explain the procedure.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

well youre a hard act to follow. I have no idea how you do it. Bouee is great too. You guys must type so fast!
Thanks, but I'm still trying to figure out how Elusive can be soooo fast ! :clapping:

One section shows patient and doctor talking about patient's medical history. Judge will allow scene that simulates cardiac arrest.

Judge Pastor sided with the prosecutor. The video will be shown but certain sections will be deleted since judge deemed them irrelevant.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Video shows silent scenes of operating room where Propofol will be administered. An array of monitoring devices is identified.
39 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Judge Michael Pastor viewed the 15-min video in the courtroom. It's entitled "An Overview of Safe Administration of Propofol". #conradmurray

Thanks, but I'm still trying to figure out how Elusive can be soooo fast ! :clapping:

your doing a great job. im gonna need you later when i go to work and on friday. so dont be planning anything lol

This is exactly what happened to me four months ago when I had outpatient surgery and I asked that very question of my anesthesiologist. He said "yes, I'm going to use diprivan" and then told me in no uncertain terms that it's very safe. I will be having major surgery soon and I just know they'll be giving me Propofol again. Dr. Shaffer is absolutely right. The medical community must be collectively upset that a relatively great and safe anesthetic has gotten such a bad rep because of this case.

Me too. I expressed concern to my anesthesiologist before having gallbladder surgery this past July. I didn't mention MJ but he knew what I was thinking ha.

guys make sure that you are ready for the video - or stop watching it.

if the media stories are true and it will show of dramatization of people going into cardiac arrest - that would be a dramatization of how Michael died.

If you feel you cannot handle it, do not watch it.

good point ivy. i didnt think of it in that way before u mentioned it. ill think ill pass

thank you:clapping:
you are welcome. What you said is true, it's easier when you take notes.

I can't wait for the cross examination by Flanagan... Will he even try ? Is it going to be another Dr Cooper and Dr Steinberg moment ??

What you said is true, it's easier when you take notes.
yeah it is isnt it. cause u are to busy writing it down to kinda comprehend whats been said .it doesnt really give you time to take it in cause you are concentrating on typing. helps me get through the court days rather than just sitting and watching. my mind starts wandering if i do that. and thats not a good thing

yeap. and flanagan said he will cross for a couple of hrs or so. so i guess it will go into tomorrow. i dont expect shaffer to be done on direct by the lunch break. tbh id rather cross happen tomorrow so i will be at home. its a nightmare being at work knowing cross is going on like with steinberg last week. you just worry about how its going. at least with direct you dont have much to worry about

guys make sure that you are ready for the video - or stop watching it.

if the media stories are true and it will show of dramatization of people going into cardiac arrest - that would be a dramatization of how Michael died.

If you feel you cannot handle it, do not watch it.

they said that when it comes to the parts of the airways filling up with fluid and the patient being turned on his side....they said that we wouldn't see that,,,they said that part will be spoken about and not shown. Thank God because that is not something that people can stand to see. See the part of the video that we ARE gonna see will be hard enough with out all the other stuff. Also it is good there is NO audio,,,and that it will be narrated...because those noises are something that the average person would not soon forget,,,:(

Back