New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

I'm loving all this sweet sweet info. I'm also very interested in stuff Michael recorded post-2006. Even if it's very incomplete I still love hearing demos and ideas that may never have been fully realised.

I'm very in favor of an Ultimate Collection type box set where they toss on the incomplete songs and demos of released tracks. No better vehicle to (finally) give us the original versions of "Another Day" and "Best of Joy" and get rid of songs like "Gloucestershire" and "Make or Break".

I'm very in favor of an Ultimate Collection type box set where they toss on the incomplete songs and demos of released tracks. No better vehicle to (finally) give us the original versions of "Another Day" and "Best of Joy" and get rid of songs like "Gloucestershire" and "Make or Break".

Yeah that is something I'd enjoy immensely, never heard of "Make or Break" either. I'm so out of the loop. Lol.

Another Ultimate Collection box set would be amazing! It's been over a decade since the last and it would be totally the way to get a lot of those unfinished demos to the fans. I learned about the Ultimate Collection from a magazine add sitting on a plane to Australia back in 2004 and ended up buying it there. Would it contain J5, Jacksons and solo material that didn't feature on the original TUC? If I had the time and resources right now I'd come up with a list. Would love a few extended versions of tracks also.

I hope we hear some never heard songs and not songs that have already been leaked.

KOPV;4166085 said:
^ the songs I def most curious about are the ones he was working on post Invincible that he may have planned for future release.. Basically the songs on the list in his bedroom... Those I would guess were the most likely songs that could have come together for release 2009- beyond

We've heard 4 (kinda 6) off that list... Hollywood Tonight & Best Of Joy / Hold My Hand / Al In Your Name.. Beuatiful Girl/ Scared Of The Moon was written on that sheet maybe being reworked. who knows how much those two changed

I'd love to hear Rock Tonight/ Silent Spring/ Shut up And dance/ The Loser (full) / D.I.E / Adore You / Too Late To Turn Back Now / Dark Lady / Can't Stop Lovin You / Lady Of Summer and the other songs on that list...
I think most of them were songs Michael sonsidered to have on his new album but he hadn´t started to work on them.

I would like the album to have 9-10 songs. (8-9 is propably more realistic, but still)

9-10 songs would be perfect. - If they only wants to give us 8 new songs - then they could put 8 new songs on the album AND add We've had Enough. - With all the war, terror and bad stuff going on the song is so very fitting and it really deserves a proper release!! - (Or What more can I Give - solo version - if it exists)

In my book it would be OK to just give us 8 new songs - and then maybe add some gems. - Temporize Price of Fame and make it sound even better - then put it on as an extra on the special edition. - That way they could actually release and album with 10 songs. - 8 new to even hardcore fans - and WHE and fx Price of Fame. - Nonfans have never heard WHE or POF - so for most people it would be 10 new songs really. - And WHE would be a great great song to release!!

Would be keen for a Beatles Anthology kinda project. Previously unreleased songs in various stages of completion, alternative takes/demos that show the process of a creation of a song, studio chatter, relevant interview snippets... etc etc.

Hell, finish a song or two with Michael's past collaborators too (similar to how Paul, George and Ringo finished an unreleased Lennon demo to make a "new" Beatles song). Could be a great position for Orianthi :)

I think his very uncomplete songs could very well feature on a HIStory Book 3. Maybe even put together a combined issue with Book 1 and 2, if the sales would be added to the original double album.

Edit: ... a combined issue with Disc 1 and 2...

Last edited:
9-10 songs would be perfect. - If they only wants to give us 8 new songs - then they could put 8 new songs on the album AND add We've had Enough. - With all the war, terror and bad stuff going on the song is so very fitting and it really deserves a proper release!! - (Or What more can I Give - solo version - if it exists)

I'm dying to hear "I Have This Dream" from 2005 - rumor has it that it was finished and never released.

I think his very uncomplete songs could very well feature on a HIStory Book 3. Maybe even put together a combined issue with Book 1 and 2, if the sales would be added to the original double album.

What's Book 2?

Didn't Will.I.Am say in 2009 that he never will Release the songs he worked with MJ on ?

Didn't Will.I.Am say in 2009 that he never will Release the songs he worked with MJ on ?

As far as I remember later he said he will release songs if Katherine approves it.

He did, but eventually he consented and said he would release them if Katherine gave him the go ahead.

He also attempted to get a song he did with Michael titled "I'm Dreamin'" on his 2014 album #willpower, which the estate blocked.

We are not sure if Michael actually planned to release another album... The more we learned the more it was sounding like he planned to release singles since albums do not sell like they used to anymore.. Will.i.am once mentioned that it was talked about because it is a 'singles market'..

He did, but eventually he consented and said he would release them if Katherine gave him the go ahead.

He also attempted to get a song he did with Michael titled "I'm Dreamin'" on his 2014 album #willpower, which the estate blocked.

Why would he need Katherine's approval? Is it possible that Michael created lyrics that refered to Katherine's cubs in a non flattering way?

We are not sure if Michael actually planned to release another album... The more we learned the more it was sounding like he planned to release singles since albums do not sell like they used to anymore.. Will.i.am once mentioned that it was talked about because it is a 'singles market'..

But releasing singles that were not completely finished by Michael as singles only might indeed be a bit tricky.

The singles concept is what Michael Prince spoke about as well, though he also said that after 8-10 singles, it would be packaged as a full album with a few additional bonus tracks.

Seems clever, to be quite honest.

Why would he need Katherine's approval? Is it possible that Michael created lyrics that refered to Katherine's cubs in a non flattering way?

I figure it's simply because Katherine effectively gave the world Michael Jackson, so he's gonna go by what she requests.

The singles concept is what Michael Prince spoke about as well, though he also said that after 8-10 singles, it would be packaged as a full album with a few additional bonus tracks.

That seems to be the direction Michael was going for when he was back in the studio in 2006. Will.I.Am's interviews at the time also support that.

He said it in 2009 but then changed often his minds, from saying he will to do only do it with approval from Kathrine. Last Thing we heard from him he wanted to release a MJ-song on his last Album but did not get permission from the Estate.

He said it in 2009 but then changed often his minds, from saying he will to do only do it with approval from Kathrine. Last Thing we heard from him he wanted to release a MJ-song on his last Album but did not get permission from the Estate.

He's doing it for attention and/or to get a better deal from the Estate. He always makes these statements when he has an album coming out.

Did Michael ever record the Beatles song Strawberry Fields Forever? If yes then I would love to hear it as it's probably one of my favourites Beatles songs.

Whatever the case we will end up getting material we have not heard.. The question is when and what format? I would like to see some type of commercial success with an album or even a single... More so than what we've seen before in the United States post 2009...

Did Michael ever record the Beatles song Strawberry Fields Forever? If yes then I would love to hear it as it's probably one of my favourites Beatles songs.
YES!! That would be a dream come true!! His version must be amazing!!

Bill Bottrell said that the only Beatles song Michael ever recorded to his knowledge was "Come Together" and that, if a cover of "Strawberry Fields Forever" did exist, it wasn't recorded with him and he's never heard it.

I figure it's simply because Katherine effectively gave the world Michael Jackson, so he's gonna go by what she requests.

Sigh, stuff like this makes me so sad MJ's life ended so soon. The fact they had talked about this makes me ponder what could have been.

Sigh, stuff like this makes me so sad MJ's life ended so soon. The fact they had talked about this makes me ponder what could have been.
I'll second that! If I remember correctly, wasn't one potential idea MJ had was to release those singles over the course of This Is It with the full album at the end of the residency? Or am I just remembering something a fan said? AlwaysThere?

I'll second that! If I remember correctly, wasn't one potential idea MJ had was to release those singles over the course of This Is It with the full album at the end of the residency? Or am I just remembering something a fan said? AlwaysThere?

I think that was nothing more than fan fantasy unfortunately. By the time This Is It came around MJ wasn't thinking about a new album, he was thinking about how the hell he was gonna do the shows :/ I don't think he even recorded any vocals during the This Is It period. I would think if there were plans for an album they got put on the back burner at the very least.

I think that was nothing more than fan fantasy unfortunately. By the time This Is It came around MJ wasn't thinking about a new album, he was thinking about how the hell he was gonna do the shows :/ I don't think he even recorded any vocals during the This Is It period. I would think if there were plans for an album they got put on the back burner at the very least.

Yeah, thinking back now I remember someone saying he could then perform the singles in the shows. Still though, nice fantasy.

When I initially saw the title of this thread "Orianthi" I wondered was this something to do with an extended This Is It release. Probably too soon for that.

Yeah, thinking back now I remember someone saying he could then perform the singles in the shows. Still though, nice fantasy.

When I initially saw the title of this thread "Orianthi" I wondered was this something to do with an extended This Is It release. Probably too soon for that.

Hmm never thought about that actually. You're right it probably is too soon, although I would love more This Is It footage. I think Sony probably know that fans want it and are going to save it for a big release at some point. They'll never be able to make money off it like they did the first time, the only reason it did so well is because MJ had just passed and everyone was missing him.

Hmm never thought about that actually. You're right it probably is too soon, although I would love more This Is It footage. I think Sony probably know that fans want it and are going to save it for a big release at some point. They'll never be able to make money off it like they did the first time, the only reason it did so well is because MJ had just passed and everyone was missing him.
Yeah for sure. The world was curious for This Is It. It's funny how fast time goes, will be the tenth anniversary in no time. It all only feels like about two years ago to me. Given that TII was so successful I wonder how well would an extended version do if they release one at some point. The real selling point will be the unseen MJ footage in HD quality but they can do endless hours of interviews with people involved. Yes, new album at this point makes sense.

Back