No Tours In U.S.

Cancellations and postponements
Warm up gig (1992)
04/14/1992: Lahore, Pakistan; BANNED/CANCELLED
First leg (1992)
08/01/92: London, England, Wembley Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson reported a viral infection.) Rescheduled for August 23, 1992.
08/21/92: London, England, Wembley Stadium; Rescheduled for August 20, 1992. (Due to tour restructuring.)
A 09/06/92: Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Parkstadion; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
B 09/11/92: Basel, Switzerland, St. Jakob Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
C 10/04/92: Istanbul, Turkey, İnönü Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson arrived in Istanbul 2 October. Five hours before Jackson was due to perform, an announcement was made that, due to a vocal cord ailment, the concert had been cancelled.)During the same tour he later performed in Istanbul, Turkey 23 September 1993.
D 10/07/92: Izmir, Turkey, İzmir Atatürk Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
E 10/10/92: Athens, Greece, Olympic Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
The European leg of the Dangerous World Tour ended after 37 of 42 planned dates, due to Jackson's ill health. He rested for several weeks before flying to Japan.
There were some initial plans to take the tour to Venice, Italy; Liverpool, England; Stuttgart, Germany; Sevilla, Spain.These plans were later suspended.
Jackson had also planned to end the 1992 Europe tour in Moscow Red Square, Russia. During the same tour he later performed in Moscow, Russia 15 September 1993.
Third leg (1993)
F 08/15/93: Hong Kong, Sha Tin Racecourse; CANCELLED (Originally, the Dangerous World Tour was to begin in Hong Kong with shows on August 15 and 16. Those dates were cancelled and could not be rescheduled because it would conflict with the start of the racing season.)
F 08/16/93: Hong Kong, Sha Tin Racecourse; CANCELLED
08/25/93: Bangkok, Thailand, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson recovered from dehydration.) Rescheduled for August 26, 1993.
08/26/93: Bangkok, Thailand, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson wasn't fully recovered from dehydration.) Rescheduled for August 27, 1993.
08/30/93: Singapore, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson collapsed before the show had begun.) Rescheduled for September 1, 1993.
09/07/93 or 09/08/93; (another rejected application to perform in Seoul) 11/13/94 and 11/14/93: Seoul, South Korea, Olympic Stadium; BANNED/CANCELLED (This concert was banned by the authorities.)
09/30/93: Johannesburg, South Africa; CANCELLED (Marcel Avram, a concert promoter, claimed that he had no contract with the local promoter and these concerts were cancelled due to continuing violence in South Africa.)
10/02/93: Johannesburg, South Africa; CANCELLED
10/19/93: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Maracanã Stadium; CANCELLED (This concert was cancelled due to tour restructuring.)
G 10/21/93: Santiago, Chile, Chile National Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.) Rescheduled for October 25, 1993. CANCELLED
H 10/26/93: Lima, Peru, Estadio Nacional Jose Diaz; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
10/30/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; RESCHEDULED Rescheduled for October 31, 1993. (Due to tour restructuring.)
11/02/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 7, 1993. (Due to serious health problem.)
11/03/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 9, 1993. (Jackson recovered from surgery.)
11/06/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 11, 1993. (Jackson continued to recover.)
11/09/93: San Juan, Puerto Rico, Juan Ramón Loubriel Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 14, 1993. CANCELLED
11/12/93: Caracas, Venezuela, Poliedro de Caracas; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 19, 1993. CANCELLED
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, al-Maktoum Stadium; BANNED/CANCELLED (Jackson planned to give 2 concerts in Dubai. These concerts were banned.)
12/03/93: Sydney, Australia; Sydney Cricket Ground; CANCELLED
12/04/93: Sydney, Australia; Sydney Cricket Ground; CANCELLED
12/06/93 or 12/07/93: Melbourne, Australia, Waverley Park; CANCELLED
Jakarta, Indonesia, Gelora Bung Karno Stadium;
BANNED/CANCELLED (This concert was banned by the authorities.)
New Delhi, India, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi; CANCELLED
(There were plans to give 2 concerts in India and these were supposed to be the last concerts of the tour in December 1993.)
There were also plans to take the tour to Monterrey, Mexico and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in November/December 1993.

KOPV;4104351 said:
Cancellations and postponements
Warm up gig (1992)
04/14/1992: Lahore, Pakistan; BANNED/CANCELLED
First leg (1992)
08/01/92: London, England, Wembley Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson reported a viral infection.) Rescheduled for August 23, 1992.
08/21/92: London, England, Wembley Stadium; Rescheduled for August 20, 1992. (Due to tour restructuring.)
A 09/06/92: Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Parkstadion; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
B 09/11/92: Basel, Switzerland, St. Jakob Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
C 10/04/92: Istanbul, Turkey, İnönü Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson arrived in Istanbul 2 October. Five hours before Jackson was due to perform, an announcement was made that, due to a vocal cord ailment, the concert had been cancelled.)During the same tour he later performed in Istanbul, Turkey 23 September 1993.
D 10/07/92: Izmir, Turkey, İzmir Atatürk Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
E 10/10/92: Athens, Greece, Olympic Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
The European leg of the Dangerous World Tour ended after 37 of 42 planned dates, due to Jackson's ill health. He rested for several weeks before flying to Japan.
There were some initial plans to take the tour to Venice, Italy; Liverpool, England; Stuttgart, Germany; Sevilla, Spain.These plans were later suspended.
Jackson had also planned to end the 1992 Europe tour in Moscow Red Square, Russia. During the same tour he later performed in Moscow, Russia 15 September 1993.
Third leg (1993)
F 08/15/93: Hong Kong, Sha Tin Racecourse; CANCELLED (Originally, the Dangerous World Tour was to begin in Hong Kong with shows on August 15 and 16. Those dates were cancelled and could not be rescheduled because it would conflict with the start of the racing season.)
F 08/16/93: Hong Kong, Sha Tin Racecourse; CANCELLED
08/25/93: Bangkok, Thailand, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson recovered from dehydration.) Rescheduled for August 26, 1993.
08/26/93: Bangkok, Thailand, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson wasn't fully recovered from dehydration.) Rescheduled for August 27, 1993.
08/30/93: Singapore, National Stadium; CANCELLED (Jackson collapsed before the show had begun.) Rescheduled for September 1, 1993.
09/07/93 or 09/08/93; (another rejected application to perform in Seoul) 11/13/94 and 11/14/93: Seoul, South Korea, Olympic Stadium; BANNED/CANCELLED (This concert was banned by the authorities.)
09/30/93: Johannesburg, South Africa; CANCELLED (Marcel Avram, a concert promoter, claimed that he had no contract with the local promoter and these concerts were cancelled due to continuing violence in South Africa.)
10/02/93: Johannesburg, South Africa; CANCELLED
10/19/93: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Maracanã Stadium; CANCELLED (This concert was cancelled due to tour restructuring.)
G 10/21/93: Santiago, Chile, Chile National Stadium; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.) Rescheduled for October 25, 1993. CANCELLED
H 10/26/93: Lima, Peru, Estadio Nacional Jose Diaz; CANCELLED (Due to serious health problem.)
10/30/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; RESCHEDULED Rescheduled for October 31, 1993. (Due to tour restructuring.)
11/02/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 7, 1993. (Due to serious health problem.)
11/03/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 9, 1993. (Jackson recovered from surgery.)
11/06/93: Mexico City, Mexico, Azteca Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 11, 1993. (Jackson continued to recover.)
11/09/93: San Juan, Puerto Rico, Juan Ramón Loubriel Stadium; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 14, 1993. CANCELLED
11/12/93: Caracas, Venezuela, Poliedro de Caracas; CANCELLED Rescheduled for November 19, 1993. CANCELLED
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, al-Maktoum Stadium; BANNED/CANCELLED (Jackson planned to give 2 concerts in Dubai. These concerts were banned.)
12/03/93: Sydney, Australia; Sydney Cricket Ground; CANCELLED
12/04/93: Sydney, Australia; Sydney Cricket Ground; CANCELLED
12/06/93 or 12/07/93: Melbourne, Australia, Waverley Park; CANCELLED
Jakarta, Indonesia, Gelora Bung Karno Stadium;
BANNED/CANCELLED (This concert was banned by the authorities.)
New Delhi, India, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi; CANCELLED
(There were plans to give 2 concerts in India and these were supposed to be the last concerts of the tour in December 1993.)
There were also plans to take the tour to Monterrey, Mexico and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in November/December 1993.

Where is the United States

And I will mention again that Michael Jackson had a leg of his tour titled "NORTH AMERICA", which would (to me and anyone that is not trying to argue) would think that means he planned to perform in the U.S.... Simple! They even lumped Mexico on that leg, if you look at any docs of the tour you will see that.. Yes even Wikipedia states 5 concerts in North America because of the Mexico concerts. The start of the North American leg

So.. Having a 'European Leg' doesn't mean he tours every single country in Europe, or the predominant ones.

barbee0715;4104116 said:
I don't remember a US leg being officially announced (by that, I mean specific dates) although I thought it would happen and it was definitely speculated on by the press, etc. But the tour came to an abrupt end, as we all know, and it was just over.

It was their intention to bring the shows to the USA, but in the long run:

“With no U.S. tour planned in the near future this special HBO event [Bucharest show] could be the only chance that American audiences will have to see Michael Jackson in full concert for years” (Michael Fuchs, HBO chairman, 1992).

This explains the lack of any (early) official announcement regarding the US specific dates/venues.

But, as you noted, all the plans went awry & the US dates also were adversely affected.

mj_frenzy;4104463 said:
It was their intention to bring the shows to the USA, but in the long run:

“With no U.S. tour planned in the near future this special HBO event [Bucharest show] could be the only chance that American audiences will have to see Michael Jackson in full concert for years” (Michael Fuchs, HBO chairman, 1992).

This explains the lack of any (early) official announcement regarding the US specific dates/venues.

But, as you noted, all the plans went awry & the US dates also were adversely affected.

I was waiting for someone else to highlight this so I wouldn't be accused of making false claims

Michael Jackson after the Bad Tour had no intentions of performing a live concert tour in the United States mainland ever again and that's why it never happened....

when the Bad Tour ended, you could tell that what he was thinking

I was waiting for someone else to highlight this so I wouldn't be accused of making false claims

Michael Jackson after the Bad Tour had no intentions of performing a live concert tour in the United States mainland ever again and that's why it never happened....

*Sigh* :smilerolleyes:

Bringing Brighter Days;4104476 said:

I think these comments are quite irrelevant regarding my post.

Also, when the ‘Bad’ Tour ended, no one was in a position to tell for sure what MJ was exactly thinking or planning.

javiklasicki;4104418 said:
So.. Having a 'European Leg' doesn't mean he tours every single country in Europe, or the predominant ones.

Come onnnn! lol... that's like having a European tour and only going to Armeni ... you really believe Michael Jackson has a North America leg and goes to MEXICO.. that's a hard argument to do but ok. lol

And to comment on the argument someone bough up about the article:

that was posted 2 months after the Dangerous tour started in the first leg. Which by that time the dates even for the second leg would not have been fully developed. The 'North America' leg was it's 3rd leg. So yeah it's easy for a HBO chairman to say that "no U.S. tour planned in the near future...." it's easy PR my peeps! it worked, it was the highest watched HBO special in history.

From a legal stand point there is nothing wrong with the statement that the HBO chairman said even if he perfomed in the U.S moths later as long as no dates were public knowledge at the time

mj_frenzy;4104500 said:
I think these comments are quite irrelevant regarding my post.

Also, when the ‘Bad’ Tour ended, no one was in a position to tell for sure what MJ was exactly thinking or planning.

All one had to do was read between the lines because that was the conclusion I reached when he raised that peace sign in 1989

I'm not sure he intended the USA. I mean Dec 1993 is over 2 years out from the release of Dangerous album. Usually tours for albums do not go on much longer than that. Not that I can blame him, how much longer did people want him to tour consecutively? Physically it takes a lot out of someone. :( And sadly, after Bad album-America media was not that nice to Michael Jackson. Which hinders a lot on people. People are judgmental and mean.

I do not think he didn't nec NOT want to tour the USA. I think there were many factors that contributed to him not doing USA. 1) he'd already been on the road for how long in Europe? And Asia? etc. Adding shows because it's what people wanted, etc. 2) The media bias after BAD was awful in America. Mean, spirited people. And people believed certain things. America, for being "freedom of speech, etc" is one of the most judgmental societies there are.

Years and years of following MJ and collecting MJ. I have never seen evidence of concert dates for the Dangerous Tour in the USA. And even on this thread, no one has been able to produce those "facts" to date.

I think he was tired (rightfully so), exhausted (rightfully so), and now the 1993 allegations were in full swing. It didn't make sense for him to add tour dates to the USA. Nor would he (or anyone else in their right minds) create tour dates just to potentially cancel them. It wouldn't have made sense for him to even think about adding them, then to cancel. That's bad PR and bad business and I just do not see MJ intentionally do that to his fans.

I'll say this, we can continue the debate about IF MJ planned his 'North America' leg to include the united states but as strange at it may sound I'm glad he didn't continue the tour after he did.. By the time the tour ended Michael was not ok, he would even sometimes collapse between performances and they'd help him up and he'd continue when the lights came up.. That's scary! He needed to get help and needed a break.. If he was healthy at the time I'd say something different!

Michaels health has really been an issue for much longer than some comprehend simply because he was a master of putting on the act.. "the show goes on".. I mean if we really consider all the shows that have been canceled because of exhaustion, him collapsing etc.. if we added up all those shows, that could be a small tour on it's own. That played a big roll of the changes MJ did with History compared to his other tours, slowed down the tempo of his songs compared to previous performances, thought more carefully how to lay out the set list, did not sing live for a lot of it, do a lot more intraquite choreography and popping instead of so man explosive fast pace action... It was scaled that way so differently.. There Is a chance if Dangerous tour didn't stop when it did, and if History tour came with the same attack plan he would not have made it through...

To the few people that keep INSISTING that Michael was not planning to tour in the U.S. for the Dangerous tour I hope this finally puts it to rest.....

It was mentioned the Glenda tapes in another thread and I decided to re-listen to them again...

From Michaes own mouth: talking about the tour..

"Yeah. A lot of fun, when I come to the states, your mother's going to take you to my concert."

Later says..

"when you come to my concert in L.A., they are going to sell T-Shirts, and they are going to sell programs of the show and pictures..."

So I hope this is proof enough that Michael wanted to bring the Dangerous tour to the U.S...

MJ agreed to tour in America and Europe in the spring of 2002, but changed his mind because of the 9/11 attacks.

Back