No Tours In U.S.

^^A lot of great actors are notoriously shy and reserved in real life. Henry Fonda is a great example. So shy that everybody thought he was cold and reserved. Totally different on screen.
I can easily see Michael moving from acting to directing. Especially with his eye for the visual. Should have happened.
I'm regretful every time I watch Dirty Diana.

You know, as well as I do, that peace sign in 1989 meant he was never going to tour again-ANYWHERE-ever. The Bad Tour was intended to be the one and only-prove he could not only do it alone, but he was the best there ever was.

Only when the movie plans all crashed and burned, he returned to touring to fund the Heal the World foundation.

He even said as early as the Triumph Tour he didnt want to tour anymore

That was classic entertainment schtick, to get people hoping and wishing that u will tour again...He said the same thing after thr Victory Tour and threw up the same peace sign

That was classic entertainment schtick, to get people hoping and wishing that u will tour again...He said the same thing after thr Victory Tour and threw up the same peace sign

Any source for this?

OK-personally I took the Victory tour farewell as the Jacksons as a group were done, not him.
I know in the Sylvia Chase interview (during Triumph) he talks about going it alone but not that he didn't want to tour.
Did he say this somewhere else?!

OK-personally I took the Victory tour farewell as the Jacksons as a group were done, not him.
I know in the Sylvia Chase interview (during Triumph) he talks about going it alone but not that he didn't want to tour.

You're right- Thats exactly what Michael meant with the Victory tour. He was just finished with touring as a group.

Source- Moonwalk!

Did you go to the Triumph Tour?

Me?? No. For some odd reason they did not come here. I would have given all the blood in my body to go.

And Destiny was cancelled here because one of the brothers got sick. Don't remember which one.

By "here" you mean Texas right? They came to San Antonio:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tour#Setlist By the way, i'm not trying to interrogate you, I am just a curious as to hear some first hand experience of that Tour.

Last edited:
By "here" you mean Texas right? They came to San Antonio:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Tour#Setlist By the way, i'm not trying to interrogate you, I am just a curious as to hear some first hand experience of that Tour.
No, I meant Houston-that's where I am. There is somebody on the forum that I think went in person-can't remember who that is though. I might be thinking of a commenter on YouTube.

In retrospect, I should have just driven to San Antonio to see the show and spent the night-but back then I was young, money was tight, and you just didn't waste gasoline either. :)

MJ was a terrific actor! Here's why, in interviews he could come of as really shy and reserved, listen to the tender tone of his voice or the nuances his his speech pattern and face (and we know that MJ's natural speaking voice was much deeper). Then take a look at his stage presence and short film appearances. Now what do you think? How can someone who you claim to be a bad actor so effortlessly flip the switch between being tender and unassuming to lively and exuberant? By the way Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor are/were the exact same on stage and off stage like MJ. The Hughes brothers seem to concur http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/1...ncredible-actor-who-got-too-weird-and-freaky/

Those were just different parts of his personality, it was never an act for him. A lot of artists are very shy or awkward in real life but come to life in front of an audience.

Why does it seem like this forum is being flooded with new members making questionable posts lately?

Those were just different parts of his personality, it was never an act for him. A lot of artists are very shy or awkward in real life but come to life in front of an audience.

Why does it seem like this forum is being flooded with new members making questionable posts lately?
I personally think they are the same person.

But that whole shyness and coyness was according to Lisa Marie just an act. He drunk, cursed and spoke in a perfectly deep natural speaking voice just like common joe six-pack. But he kept the 'act' up quite well.

Paranoia?

Michael had his reasons, and since he would always beat around the bush about it when asked IF/WHEN will he tour U.S. we will never 100% know, we can only speculate predictively..

If I were in his shoes I'd ask myself why perform in the states when he is getting much more notoriety and respect abroad.. Yes he would have sold out but I'm sure his advisors would make it look like a bad business move.. Going state to state after the allegations would only open him up to so many opportunities for U.S. mdia to report something negative.... He goes abroad, it's about the hysteria and "American pop icon coming to...." United states reports probably like "The trouble Pop star performed in Los Angeles today" and just being critics even when he is outselling anyone else.

And it would not surprise me that after the allegations many other countries would be cheaper to perform in because there was a higher demand..

And really the only tour we are talking about is History tour guess because both BAD and DANGEROUS had U.S. dates and legitimate reasons to stop shows...

Elizabeth Taylor said in a Larry King interview in 2005 that Michael's out of the US and won't be returning any time soon. When asked why, she said, "Why should he? He's been treated like dirt here."

There ya have it. Michael's popularity in the US was attracting a lot of tabloid stories and since he rarely gave interviews and didn't explain most of the fake rumors, those stories became more popular and MJ attracted a lot of dislike. And I honestly think that he was very very offended by this, that people would choose the tabloid stories over him after all that he's done (charities - not for show, don't get me wrong - loving innocence, never uttering a foul word even tho it's stereotypical for black people to use crude language).

And after 1993, MJ probably said "**** it". You see sometimes you have to see it from the artist's perspective. There were a lot of MJ fans in the US, even in the 2000s, but the criticism and the stories were very offensive.

But that whole shyness and coyness was according to Lisa Marie just an act. He drunk, cursed and spoke in a perfectly deep natural speaking voice just like common joe six-pack. But he kept the 'act' up quite well.

I tend to be very shy with strangers but when I am around people I trust I can ease up and be more open etc. Doesn't mean I am acting in either situation. It's natural for people not to be one-dimensional, you know. And Michael was no different.

So what are you saying you can't drink, curse and have a deep voice and be shy? Nothing in life is that black and white.

Last edited:
LindavG;4101995 said:

barbee0715;4101998 said:
I personally think they are the same person.

It´s the same person getting banned and then creating a new username.

You mean you personally talked to him about this? Otherwise there should be an interview you would be able to point out as a source, shouldn't there?

U dont need an interview to ascertain every situation, all we have to do is look at the chain if events, after 1989, MJ never did tour the mainland ever again

U dont need an interview to ascertain every situation, all we have to do is look at the chain if events, after 1989, MJ never did tour the mainland ever again

All we have to look at is the chain of events after 1989? LOL. But this was what you said:

We simply asked you for a source for this claim. Sometimes it feels like you just make up things.

mgid:uma:image:mtv.com:1506617

Michael Jackson Takes Stand In Millennium Concert Lawsuit

Promoter Marcel Avram says singer backed out of two shows, costing him millions.
by jennifer vineyard 11/13/2002

Michael Jackson took the stand Wednesday to defend himself against a concert promoter’s lawsuit accusing him of fraud and breach of contract.

Marcel Avram, a European concert promoter who has worked with Jackson since 1972, filed suit in June 2000, claiming the singer cost him $21 million when he allegedly abandoned plans to perform two millennium concerts on both sides of the international date line (see “Michael Jackson Schedules Two New Year’s Eve Shows?” ).

Jackson’s testimony by midday was brief, limited to “yes” and “no” answers. The trial, which got under way at the Santa Barbara County Superior Court in Santa Maria, California, on Tuesday, found Avram’s and Jackson’s attorneys using their opening statements to blame each other for the concert cancellations.

Attorney Louis “Skip” Miller told the court that Avram was left with hundreds of thousands of dollars in expenses after Jackson backed out of the shows. Jackson attorney Zia Modabber countered by saying Avram wanted out of the shows after two charity concerts also involving Jackson failed to make a profit. Those shows were held in Seoul, South Korea, and Munich, Germany, in June 1999 (see “Slash, Scorpions, Others Scheduled For ’Michael Jackson & Friends’ “ ).

Avram testified that his contract with Jackson called for two for-profit millennium concerts and two charity concerts and that when the charity shows lost money, he expected to recoup his losses with the millennium concerts but could not when Jackson backed out in October 1999. He said he lost even more money on advance event and production costs — about $10 million — as well as a $1.2 million advance paid to Jackson for the millennium shows. The promoter estimated he lost another $10 million in earnings for the two concerts and the worldwide television rights he had secured.

Because Jackson never performed the concerts and never rescheduled them, according to the lawsuit, the promoter was “left to explain [Jackson’s] erratic behavior and to pay all of his bills. As a result, [Avram] is now vulnerable to countless lawsuits, some already filed from Jackson’s concert vendors.”

The suit isn’t the first Avram has filed against Jackson. In 1994 Avram’s promotion firm sued Jackson for $20 million after the singer failed to complete his 1993 Dangerous world tour, claiming fraud, negligent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duty. Jackson had canceled 19 Avram-promoted concerts.

At the time, the singer faced allegations of child molestation, but the official reason given for the cancellation was that he was being treated for addiction to painkillers. Avram settled the lawsuit after obtaining an agreement that he would have the rights to promote the singer’s next series of concerts.

So when Jackson allegedly went shopping around for a new promoter when it came time to promote Invincible, Avram sued him again (see “Michael Jackson Sued By Promoter For Attempting World Tour Without Him” ). Though the tour never came to pass, Avram filed a $20 million complaint for anticipatory breach of contract, breach of contract and fraud. That suit is still pending.

Avram ran Mama Concerts & Rau, one of the largest concert agencies in the world, and worked with artists like Pink Floyd, Rod Stewart and Tina Turner before being convicted of tax evasion. Though he lost many clients during his jail stint, Jackson remained and even visited him in prison. Avram was released in April 1999 after serving nine months of a three-and-a-half-year sentence.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1458680/michael-jackson-takes-stand-in-millennium-concert-lawsuit/

as far as anyone claiming Michaels shyness was an act must never really observed Michael Jackson. lol! you watch him in a room of people and how crippling shy he was.. His eye contact around new people, his head dipping away in ways you can see the awkward feelings all over him. body gestures, hand motions.. You can often see him struggling trying to be not shy but cannot help it.

Shy people are not really shy with people they know/feel comfortable with.. him being a way with family and friends does not mean he's that way with others..

you think the silent kid at school is like that at home ? HECK no, In fact very often it is the opposite! they often are the loudest ones.

really watch Michael.. He was very shy!

All we have to look at is the chain of events after 1989? LOL. But this was what you said:

We simply asked you for a source for this claim. Sometimes it feels like you just make up things.

Im not making anything up

Order the book Papa Joe's Boys and the section about Michael towards the end of the book, he started saying back in 1981 that he would tour no more after the Triumph Tour. It's right there in that book

Michael puts that out there to build up anticipation down the road about whether or not he will ever tour again. He said that after the Victory Tour, the Bad Tour, the Dangerous Tour, and the History Tour

I didn't say he was never goinf to tour again after 1989, I said he was never going to America, North America again after 89

Back