November 12, 2008.... MJ leaves 2 notes for fans post #17, 3rd note in post #129

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Goodmorning everyone.

Today's news is that yes it is official Michael Jackson has sold Neverland. The only official source is the actual court documents that were filed on the transfer and related papers to a sale. We sit and wait to see if any statements will be released. There is a discussion on it here http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57233

Doesn't look like the media has run with it yet but I'm sure it's just the matter of time.

Let me go see what else is happening in the world of MJ to add here...K, this is what I've found so far today...

What You're Doing Tonight: 11/12
[SIZE=-1]WNBC, NY - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... Name your favorite musical artist of the last 50 years, and chances are, Quincy Jones is responsible for his or her career (yes, even Michael Jackson). ...[/SIZE]

Aretha is named greatest singer
[SIZE=-1]BBC News, UK - 49 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Among the top 25, Michael Jackson, aged 50, was the youngest artist. The 100-strong list will be published in Rolling Stone's next issue, which is out on ...[/SIZE]

Nirvana's Nevermind baby recreates famous image
[SIZE=-1]Telegraph.co.uk, United Kingdom - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The album replaced Michael Jackson's album Dangerous at number one.[/SIZE]

Fancy footwork pays off for Buckeyes' Pryor
[SIZE=-1]Toledo Blade, OH - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Pryor relied on the same thing that made Fred Astaire, Arthur Murray and Michael Jackson famous - it was the footwork. The poise and confidence and the ...[/SIZE]

Local designers move forward after Project Runway bid
[SIZE=-1]Charleston City Paper, SC - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]This is reflective of Fox's unique design philosophy, which he describes as Oscar de la Renta meets Michael Jackson. "The high end part with a little ...[/SIZE]

Introducing: Electrik Red
[SIZE=-1]FemaleFirst.co.uk, UK - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Legendary hit makers like Quincy Jones and Timbaland helped transform singers like Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake into musical icons. ...[/SIZE]

Iowa women's basketball: Buckled-down Alexander ready to help team ...
[SIZE=-1]DesMoinesRegister.com, IA - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]That’s the nickname for senior Lindsey Nyenhuis, whose other skills include winning a dance contest by imitating Michael Jackson. ...[/SIZE]

Sacred steel music bonds family band
[SIZE=-1]Red and Black, GA - 4 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]The Lee Boys musical influences fall under a wide range of artists such as Michael Jackson, Victor Wooten and even Stevie Ray Vaughn. ...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1993 - Michael Jackson canceled a world tour, saying that he had a dependence on painkillers.

1993 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous - The Short Films" was released on home video.

2001 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous - The Short Films" and "History - Video Greatest Hits Special DVD Edition" were released on DVD.

2001 - The first part of an "Entertainment Tonight" exclusive interview with Michael Jackson aired. Part two aired the following night.

COMMUNITY NEWS:

Please don't forget our Christmas Project for Michael - it has a very limited time on it - info here http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57011

Last edited:
Re: November 12, 2008

OMG!
Thats Quite Sad. :(
But Its What He Wants.
So Im Happy For Him.

I'm sorry to hear that he sold it. But Michael did what was best for him and his children. It was just time to let Neverland go.

2001 - The first part of an "Entertainment Tonight" exclusive interview with Michael Jackson aired. Part two aired the following night.

Finally I know what this is about.

As far as NL goes, hey, the ties and sentiment that MJ obviously had for the place is over.
And with good reason. So no need to be sulking cuz it's now sold, right?

I haven't been on in a while.. so happy Michael was able to conduct his business without the world's prying eyes...

Obama has the media's eyes right now.. and rightly so........... I have Obama fever myself... so happy that America is giving a person of color a chance...

Thanks for the news thread, Shannon.

I still do not know what this was about.

The NL story is slowly spreading. Tmz.com did a report and perez did a blog onit as well. I was on people.com a few minutes ago, nothing broke of the story, accesshollywood.com hasn't broke the story and neither has yahoo.com. So, maybe in a few hours, the story will break.

Well now that perezhilton has blogged about it, it will be all over within the next 24 hours. At least he wasn't too rude about the situation…

some MJ bizniz news:

Sony/ATV’s "Musical Notes" #29 - Duke Ellington
Nov 03, 2008

resize_image.php

This week’s newsletter provides extensive listings of recordings of Duke Ellington compositions by major artists.

Here’s the link to the newsletter:

Sony/ATV’s "Musical Notes" #29 - Duke Ellington
(Click Here)

And to the Associated Playlists:
Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2

http://www.sonyatv.com/index.php/news/430

[SIZE=-2]Washington Post[/SIZE]
Hank Williams, Jr., Taylor Swift, Casey Beathard and Sony/ATV ...
[SIZE=-1]MarketWatch - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Publishing powerhouse Sony/ATV Music Publishing Nashville claimed its seventh consecutive Country Publisher of the Year title, and an all-star tribute ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]BMI honors Swift, Beathard [SIZE=-1]My Tennessean.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 290 news articles »[/SIZE]
Dixon Dances Into Sony/ATV Deal
[SIZE=-1]Billboard Business News, NY - Nov 7, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sony/ATV managing director Rak Sanghvi said in a statement: "Alesha is an incredible artist, very talented but also professional and extremely disciplined. ...[/SIZE]
Sony/ATV In Deal For Estéfano Works
[SIZE=-1]Billboard Business News, NY - Nov 5, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Leila Cobo, Miami Sony/ATV Music Publishing has purchased the catalog of Colombian singer/songwriter/producer Estéfano, Billboard.biz has learned. ...[/SIZE]
John Lewis ad in Beatles song debut
[SIZE=-1]Brand Republic, UK - Nov 10, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sony/ATV is a joint venture between Michael Jackson and Sony, and owns the rights to the Northern Songs catalogue, comprising virtually all songs written by ...[/SIZE]

At least he wasn't too rude about the situation…

Neither was tmz.com. Yeah they called him that damn media slave name but they weren't rude about it. I find that interesting because they are probably "happy" that Mickey sold the estate.

Neither was tmz.com. Yeah they called him that damn media slave name but they weren't rude about it. I find that interesting because they are probably "happy" that Mickey sold the estate.

I for one, just want him to do what HE WANTS...

and I can say I can not begin to understand Michael's life and what he went thru....

he looks happy and healthy which is more than I can ask for...

Last edited by a moderator:

I know it's sad..

But don't forget all the GREAT that will come out of this... :clapping:

I just read TMZ and the way they have it.. Michael is still part owner of Neverland..

it looks like a renamed Neverland is about to give Graceland some compeition..thisis just my assumption..

Last edited:

Neverland Ranch sold

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch has been sold to an investment firm whose bosses will rename the property in a joint venture with the pop star, according to new reports.

Jackson prevented a foreclosure sale of the California estate when New York-based private equity group Colony Capital agreed to take over his $24.5 million debt on the property in May.

According to Santa Barbara records, the title to Neverland was transferred on Monday to a company called Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC.

Sycamore is a joint venture between Jackson and a division of Colony Capital - owner of numerous Las Vegas properties including Red Rock Country Club and the Las Vegas Hilton.

The sale has fuelled reports Jackson has signed on to perform his own headlining show in the city.

According to website TMZ.com, the property will be renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch in effort to revamp its image, tinged by the negative press surrounding Jackson's child molestation trial, which ended in his acquittal in 2005.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network

I just read TMZ and the way they have it.. Michael is still part owner of Neverland..

it looks like a renamed Neverland is about to give Graceland some compeition..
Looks like it. I feel better now knowing that Michael still has a part of Sycamore Ranch.

note from mj from mjtls on kop

111108.jpg

the first one was monday (11/11) the second one was Tuesday (10/11)

I for one, just want him to do what HE WANTS...

Same here.

The notes are nice. I still do not understand why he has to always tell the fans what he is doing. We know he is working hard and things of that nature. Mike, do your job. Do what you gotta do. Don't gives us updates all of the time. :)

Last edited:

Oh gosh... those notes, they're very personal...

Don't gives us updates all of the time. :)
speak for yourself. lol mj has to do something when theres nothing worth watching on t.v

fans dont tell him to write notes. hes been doing it for years he throws them out of hotel windows etc. frankly bee sometimes you sound nothing more than someone who is jealous of the fans who meet/see mj or are given messages by mj to pass onto everyone.

i was joking bee in saying speak for yourself. chill.

New message from Michael

This is from KOP Discussion and MJDreams.net

img1417yj6.jpg

ONe more

111108.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Re: New message from Michael

is that really from him? if it is it's very sweet...I'm not upset with him for selling Neverland anymore...lol

Back