Official: AllGood Entertainment Sues Michael Jackson

and i doubt a injuction in a US court has any relevence in an overseas country. they have no jurisdiction
The O2 is un the UK but that's just the venue. AEG Live the compan is international, but it's very likely that the US branch made the deal with MJ, in which case there IS jurisdiction.

I highly, highly doubt that's going to happen. Unless there was someone other than Dileo involved (doubtful), there's no way in hell these shows will be derailed.

Well, MJ needs to come out and prove that Dileo isn't his manager/not working for him. That's all he needs really, in which case Dileo's signing is void.

took them long enough. nice to see them going after AEG. rather than just picking on mike for a change. at least AEG wont take no crap. bain wont be happy. get an injunction and there goes her 44 million LOL.and i doubt a injuction in a US court has any relevence in an overseas country. they have no jurisdiction

Unfortunately there is jurisdiction. AEG's headquarters are in the USA and Michael's deal was therefore negotiated and signed in the United States. According to the court documents:

2. Upon information and belief, Anshutz was and is a corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware, with its principle place of business located at 145 West 45th Street, Suite 9, New York, NY 10036.

3. Upon information and belief, AEG 1 and AEG 2 were and are corporations
both of which are duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of Delaware with their principal places of business located at 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 501, Los Angeles CA 90036, and doing business in New York at offices located at 111 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10011. Anshutz, AEG 1 and AEG 2 are collectively referred to herein as “AEG.”

I highly, highly doubt that's going to happen. Unless there was someone other than Dileo involved (doubtful), there's no way in hell these shows will be derailed.

If DiLeo is Michael Jackson's manager/business then he can sign binding contracts on behalf of Michael Jackson. According to a recent interview, Randy Phillips acknowledged that Frank DiLeo was Michael's manager.

The shows aren't going to stopped. Don't let the crafty wording of these lawsuits sue you: these are baseless claims and no different than if you or I went to the local courthouse to sue MJ.

Something is very wrong with this picture. In my opinion, they just threw MJ's name in the mix, because it would "hopefully" get some press attention for AllGood.

After reading the papers, it appears that Frank DiLeo took liberties that he didn't have, namely, signing an agreement for the ENTIRE Jackson family.

According to the papers: "DiLeo BRAGGED that he spoke to MJ almost everyday, and that he (Frank) had just finished up a movie deal for MJ."

My Note: WHAT MOVIE DEAL? LOL!

I truly believe that Frank was not only BRAGGING to the AllGood folks, but he was also making promises that he couldn't keep.

Well, MJ needs to come out and prove that Dileo isn't his manager/not working for him. That's all he needs really, in which case Dileo's signing is void.

Of course, but until now, he hasn't had a reason to disprove it. All it was until now was rumors and talking. Now that they've taken legal action, I'm sure MJ's team will swoop in and quickly disprove this.

Whatever happens and whatever this is about, please refrain from criticizing/attacking one another for differing viewpoints. If this is too upsetting for some, please go to the Support Forum?

My own viewpoint is, something has gone terribly, TERRIBLY wrong, with both the Raymone Bain case and the total unresponsiveness, and now this mess. I'm not sure what is or is not going on, but this is NOT ok. It is not a "strategy." It is . . . . I'm not sure WHAT it is?

Something is very wrong with this picture. In my opinion, they just threw MJ's name in the mix, because it would "hopefully" get some press attention for AllGood.

After reading the papers, it appears that Frank DiLeo took liberties that he didn't have, namely, signing an agreement for the ENTIRE Jackson family.

According to the papers: "DiLeo BRAGGED that he spoke to MJ almost everyday, and that he (Frank) had just finished up a movie deal for MJ."

I truly believe that Frank was not only BRAGGING to the AllGood folks, but he was also making promises that he couldn't keep.

Totally agree w/you. Frank has a lot to answer for!!!

Of course, but until now, he hasn't had a reason to disprove it. All it was until now was rumors and talking. Now that they've taken legal action, I'm sure MJ's team will swoop in and quickly disprove this.
I seriously hope you end up being right!

If DiLeo is Michael Jackson's manager/business then he can sign binding contracts on behalf of Michael Jackson. According to a recent interview, Randy Phillips acknowledged that Frank DiLeo was Michael's manager.

I must have missed that. Was that information in a newspaper article, or a live interview, i.e. the part about DiLeo being MJ's manager?

What I do recall is Randy Phillips stating that the AEG deal was done by Dr. Tohme and MJ, no mention of Mr. DiLeo at that time.

And I still don't believe that Frank had the authority to sign for the ENTIRE Jackson family. I mean, the brothers even released a statement recently, stating that they didn't know anything about a Family Reunion Concert.

COUNT V
PERMANENT INJUNCTION
93. Accordingly, for the foregoing reasons, Plaintiffs are entitled to an order
enjoining Defendants from producing, performing and promoting the Jackson concerts
schedule for the summer of 2009, or at any time during the “blackout period.”

Geeeeezus ^@(* /?$#!! :bugeyed Just read through the pdf files. So much for Patrick Allocco's earlier promises about not trying to interfere with or stop the London shows. This isn't just wanting millions of dollars and a jury trial, but seeking a freakin' injunction...:doh:

Why am I suddenly feeling sick?...

:puke:

You're not the only one. I don't know what to make of any of this :no:

I always hesitate to make any judgments on these situations because I'm not personally involved. I'm just reading what each party claims is the situation...and it's not necessarily the facts. So I'm massively confused by this and the Raymone Bain stuff. However, I do suspect something fishy by Allocco's statement of not intending to block the O2 shows, and then turning around and trying to do just that.

LOL this whole thing is one big mess

Michael needs a good team behind him instead of these clowns!!

The shows aren't going to stopped. Don't let the crafty wording of these lawsuits sue you: these are baseless claims and no different than if you or I went to the local courthouse to sue MJ.

Yes I agree with this.

Swiftly, like the Raymone case? His legal team doesn't SEEM very capable to be honest, but we'll see. I'm not wishing any setback to MJ, but his affairs are so murky. It's very simple really. IF Dileo IS working for Michael, and has the authority to broker deals in his name, and IF he signed something, then yes, they surely do have grounds to stop the UK concerts, as was part of the contract. These are all big if's, but it is possible.

If he had the right people behind him, stuff like this wouldn't happen. Surely he must think to himself why does this always happen? Now we all have the worry if the shows are going to go ahead at all. I wish he would just do the one show with the rest of the Jacksons so everyone can move on.... but didn't the rest of the Jacksons say they didn't know anything about this so they signed nothing? I would of thought if this was a real threat & AEG knew that allgood were in the right, they may help Michael settle this case as there is too much money to lose?

I must have missed that. Was that information in a newspaper article, or a live interview, i.e. the part about DiLeo being MJ's manager?

Times article:

Phillips's main worry has been how to keep Jackson away "from all these characters I have to fend off from his past". He won't name them, and you hope they don't include more litigious parents. One is almost certainly Jackson's former spokesperson, the American PR Raymone Bain, who served during his spell in Bahrain. Claiming to have instigated the AEG deal, Bain is now reportedly suing Jackson for $44m. Phillips says he has built "a protective wall to stop people getting to him the way they used to". Jackson has tried to reconvene what he calls "the old team" - that is, his collaborators from the glory days of the 1980s. Frank DiLeo, his former manager, who, according to Phillips, "has a real good way of dealing with Michael", is back on board. His original producer, Quincy Jones, however, declined to help Jackson with new recordings and has reportedly warned others to "be careful" when dealing with him.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co...rticle6372171.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

man i'm so confused :( what's happening, i don't understand.

Times article:

Phillips's main worry has been how to keep Jackson away "from all these characters I have to fend off from his past". He won't name them, and you hope they don't include more litigious parents. One is almost certainly Jackson's former spokesperson, the American PR Raymone Bain, who served during his spell in Bahrain. Claiming to have instigated the AEG deal, Bain is now reportedly suing Jackson for $44m. Phillips says he has built "a protective wall to stop people getting to him the way they used to". Jackson has tried to reconvene what he calls "the old team" - that is, his collaborators from the glory days of the 1980s. Frank DiLeo, his former manager, who, according to Phillips, "has a real good way of dealing with Michael", is back on board. His original producer, Quincy Jones, however, declined to help Jackson with new recordings and has reportedly warned others to "be careful" when dealing with him.

LOL great quote

Swiftly, like the Raymone case? His legal team doesn't SEEM very capable to be honest, but we'll see. I'm not wishing any setback to MJ, but his affairs are so murky. It's very simple really. IF Dileo IS working for Michael, and has the authority to broker deals in his name, and IF he signed something, then yes, they surely do have grounds to stop the UK concerts, as was part of the contract. These are all big if's, but it is possible.

well, his legal team was very very capable with all the other lawsuits???

lets not get carried away...

well, his legal team was very very capable with all the other lawsuits???

lets not get carried away...

I'm not getting carried away, i'm just calling it how it looks right now, that's why I said "SEEMS". This door swings both ways, you could also say that if his legal team(s) really were capable, there wouldn't have been this many issues'/lawsuits to begin with. Either way, it is what it is, and it's a mess.

I love Michael , put some times I wish some one like T.Mez would get a hold of him and give him a good shake and tell him to wake up and sort out his Management once and for all. Also get rid of all the "yes men" around him.

This is ridiculous! AllGood is showings their true colors by trying to have TII shows stops too. If you feel you are owed 20mill fine sue for it, although I'm not sure how they can say they LOST so much money, when one they never got a signed ok from mike or the bros, two there isn't even a date planned, so what could they have been preping for?? and since there was no prep, then what could they have spent 20mill on!

My take on this matter is that this little company wanted to sign mike on so bad to up their status in the entertainment industry that when they didn't get it, they now are ACTING out. Allgood is reminding me of a bitter EX! HOW pathetic. I'm so happy this isn't happening for them. Glad mike turned them fools down.

Now watch AEG lay on top of allgood like a ton of BRICK!
tonofbricks.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not sure if that is a true "statement" or not. First of all, "back on board" in what capacity. And if you notice, the part about Frank being back on board is not in quotes. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

But my biggest thing regarding Frank being MJ's current manager, is the fact that it is NOT reflected on the "Frank DiLeo Entertainment" website. I mean, if you were the manager of a big time mega-superstar, such as MJ, wouldn't you want your website to reflect that. Frank's website is the same as it has been. No changes, no new news, not client rooster. Strange, in my opinion.

yet you guys (some) forget that you are LOOKING in from the OUTSIDE! Please lets not forget that. Lets just see what happens next from here.

however I will say that I wish michael wouldn't touch dileo with a 1,000 foot pole. ugh!

I'm not sure if that is a true "statement" or not. First of all, "back on board" in what capacity. And if you notice, the part about Frank being back on board is not in quotes. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

But my biggest thing regarding Frank being MJ's current manager, is the fact that it is NOT reflected on the "Frank DiLeo Entertainment" website. I mean, if you were the manager of a big time mega-superstar, such as MJ, wouldn't you want your website to reflect that. Frank's website is the same as it has been. No changes, no new news, not client rooster. Strange, in my opinion.

you are making sense and that Times article.... is that the LA Times article that had alot of holes in it??

Tabloid Junky....not everything that is written is true and the trick is in the quotes ....

anyways.....facts are sure to surface about this...

I'm not going to take it with a grain of salt anymore because time and time again Frank has been the one coming out with statements (LA Times anyone?) that he is Michael's manager.

Maybe for a while Frank was instructed to remain QUIET about his affiliation with Michael because of this current problem. That's probably why you don't see it on the site.

Frank betta answer for this because this is his mess up, not Michael's!

I also wonder why AllGood didn't attach any of those "supposed" agreements that were signed by Mr. DiLeo to their complaint. Isn't that how it usually done, attached as EXHIBITS after the fact.

We read the complaint, I would be interested in reading what documents Mr. DiLeo signed on behalf of Michael AND his siblings. I mean, if they want to put it out there, they might as well put it ALL out there, in my opinion.

Back