Official Celebrity Statements Thread

^^Um i dont know i been hearing his nephew couple of times but then again i dont listen to his morning show everyday since the death.

This has been a sad week.

We don't like to think about it, but we all know that someday we will die. But, when someone dies young it makes us think about the preciousness of life.

I did a movie with Farrah Fawcett in London. What a beautiful girl with a great sense of humor.

Michael Jackson gave millions of people all over the world enjoyment. Yes, he had his problems. It's sad to think of such a great talent extinguished when his light was burning so brightly. It makes me think of the people in my profession that have died too young: Steve McQueen, Natalie Wood, Marilyn Monroe. I know the pain of personal tragedy, my son Eric died at 46. When I visit his grave every week I see fresh flowers at the gravesite of Marilyn Monroe (Joe DiMaggio arranged for their delivery every week after her death).

While we mourn for the deaths of young people like Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, let us think about how precious life is and resolve to make it worthwhile. ~ Kirk Douglas.

Celebs Tweet Final Respects to Michael Jackson

Los Angeles (E! Online) – So today was Michael Jackson's memorial. Pretty big, historical, epic moment, obviously. And pretty big, historical, epic moments don't go unnoticed by Twitter (unless you're a Hills castmember).

M.J.'s farewell dominated the entire Twitterverse and its trending topics all day, as everyone paid tribute to the King of Pop and documented their reactions to everything from Al Sharpton's powerful speech to Paris Jackson's tearful words about her father.

Our favorite tweeting celebs, whether actually at the Staples Center or watching TV like the rest of us, made sure to share their thoughts on the Michael Jackson memorial experience, 140 characters at a time...

Kim Kardashian: "Michael's children were so brave brave 2 stand there on stage & speak to the world about their father...I spoke at my dad's funeral & it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I was shaking & crying & what Paris did was sooo soooo brave!"

Nick Cannon: "A day of mourning. Here in the Staples Center, God is absolutely present."

Ryan Seacrest: "This makes the world feel so small...everyone connected right now."

Sherri Shepherd: "Loved what Al Sharpton said to MJ's kids 'wasn't nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what your daddy had to deal with.' Michael's kids needed to hear that said....'nothing strange about your daddy.' "

Serena Williams: "Today, we honor Michael Jackson for his love, music, & being a genius. I'm still shocked. Please, share your favorite songs. Thriller is great. Remember the Time is such a classic as well. Life is short, but his music will never die. MJ was subjected to harsh words, but I hope that people find understanding & stop judging."

Emmy Rossum: "Beautiful memorial. I cried when Paris spoke. I hope the family is able to grieve and their privacy will be respected during this time."

Paris Hilton: "In tears watching the MJ Memorial Service on TV, so touching. Everyone loves you Michael!"

Brandy: "Michael Jackson will forever inspire my soul and forever live in my heart. He is an angel that can now see his wings. R.I.P"

Nicky Hilton: "I was in awe of how respectful all of the media and fans were. I expected chaos. Despite what is shown on tv everyone was very gracious."

MC Hammer: "May the movement and message of The Dancer continue to move the Soul of the People to Joy, Peace, Restoration and Glory. God Bless MJ"

Kelly Osbourne: "MJ's children are so brave to stand up there and remember their father while the whole world is watching!"

Paula Abdul: "Remembering MJ and the true legend that he was and will live on to be..I'm taking some time to reflect today."

Larry King: "I was surprised MJ's body was there, but it was very touching. Al Sharpton gave such a commanding speech, so dramatic in tone & content. There was so much emotion when Usher & Brooke Shields took the stage. this has all been phenomenal but I hope the stories die down soon. Let's let him have some peace."

Source: Yahoo News

Is this a joke from Larry King?
-----
Larry King: this has all been phenomenal but I hope the stories die down soon. Let's let him have some peace."
-----
Seeing as he is the one doing shows on the man non stop.

Bobby Brown & Ralph Tresvant (New Edition) with their early memories of MJ (excerpt from MTV news article)

"We went to his house," Brown said, speaking at the press room at the BET Awards on Sunday night (June 28). "We were invited to teach him a couple of our moves. I'm not joking!" Brown, flanked by NE members Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill, said the group didn't get to stick around much after dancing with Jackson, although they did get to see the video for "Thriller" before its official premiere, according to Tresvant. But what they really wanted from their encounter with Michael Jackson didn't quite pan out. The late icon invited the guys to stay the night at his house but, according to Brown, their manager turned the invite down. "We were always upset [about that], because we couldn't stay the night," Brown explained. "We were upset because we wanted to stay and get to know him better. I've spent a lot of time around some great artists, but he was definitely the greatest artist and person I've ever been around."

Queen Latifah performed on GMA today 7-10-09.
After her performance, Robin Roberts interviewed her and just as I suspected,
they talked about her reading of the Mya Angelou poem at MJ's memorial on Tuesday.
(They showed a brief clip of it) The Queen also spoke of how MJ was humanized,
as he should have been, because he was bigger than life!
She said the way he was in the SCREAM video fighting with Janet is the MJ she will remember.
I love her. :)

Queen Latifah performed on GMA today 7-10-09.
After her performance, Robin Roberts interviewed her and just as I suspected,
they talked about her reading of the Mya Angelou poem at MJ's memorial on Tuesday.
(They showed a brief clip of it) The Queen also spoke of how MJ was humanized,
as he should have been, because he was bigger than life!
She said the way he was in the SCREAM video fighting with Janet is the MJ she will remember.
I love her. :)

Finally a celebrity who will remember Michael from a different era besides a pre-Dangerous era. Queen Latifah is great.

I keep hearing all this humanized crap I mean this isn't shit we learned this year it's cus the press didn't want to listen to nobody when he was alive that he was a good father.

Larry King: "I was surprised MJ's body was there, but it was very touching. Al Sharpton gave such a commanding speech, so dramatic in tone & content. There was so much emotion when Usher & Brooke Shields took the stage. this has all been phenomenal but I hope the stories die down soon. Let's let him have some peace."

Somebody, PLEASE tell me Larry King is joking with that comment?:doh:

He and his CNN crew are front and centre with their continued slamming of Mike! Hypocrits the whole lot of them. Don't know why both he and Barbara Walters were invited....

I'm not sure if this is an official statement from Queen Elizabeth, but I think it's something.

Buckingham Palace guards play Michael Jackson hits
By Daily Mirror 15/07/2009

The Queen’s guards launched into a surprise Michael Jackson medley outside Buckingham Palace yesterday.

Tourists were stunned when the military band struck up the music to Heal The World.

Then soldiers marched in time as a tuba blasted out the bass line to Bad.

One tourist said: “It’s a really fitting tribute to the King of Pop from the Queen of England.

“Everyone got into the swing, some even did the moonwalk.”

It is not known whether the Queen, who was in residence, is a Jackson fan. But hundreds of onlookers danced, whistled and sang along in the Mall.

Bands play every morning as guards change sentry duty.

The tunes often include hits such as Abba’s Dancing Queen.

A few tidbits from Tyler Perry's radio interview the day after Michael's passing:

“These are human beings, they’re human beings,” Perry said. “I wouldn’t wish the level of fame he achieved on my worst enemy. I am so disgusted, that, with every great thing that’s being said about him, there’s a million negative things being said. Why can’t it just be about his legacy rather than the tarnished part of what he was acquitted for? It bothers me that this is the focus.”

Added Perry: “Growing up as a kid who was molested, I am never, ever going to be a defender of a molester. But the truth of the matter is, the man was acquitted. And I have seen first-hand what people will do for money.”
Perry added: “I hope that people wil just send up a prayer for his family. Even though they’re famous these are regular human beings. if you cut them, they bleed. Having to deal with all this negativity is hard.”

The Atlanta film director and studio owner dismissed co-host Bert Weiss‘ theory that father Joe Jackson is solely to blame for his son’s complicated life.
“I disagree with you,” said Perry. “I went through a lot of things with my father. Things I did not deserve as a kid. Things that he said to me, did to me. But it didn’t make me become something other than what i am right now. There comes a point in your life, that no matter who you are, you begin to find yourself.”

Perry says there’s no way for the general public to know what it was like to be as famous as Jackson. Perry said, even at his level of fame (in the past year, Perry himself has had to deal with a stalker) life can be complicated.
“You don’t know what’s true. You absolutely, one hundred percent do not know what’s true. I don’t think there’s ever been a person that famous. Elvis and The Beatles were huge. but Michael came along at a time when there was video which made him more famous. Now, the next person who comes along with Twitter and Facebook and all that stuff, they’ll be even more famous because it’s instant.

Added Perry: “it’s expensive to be that famous. You don’t ask for the crazy people. I didn’t ask for the stalker or the situation I’m dealing with now. I didn’t ask for the thousands of dollars I’ve spent on attorneys and the hundreds of thousands of dollars I’ve spent on security. It’s a part of the business you’re in. Hear me clearly. I’m not asking for sympathy for him or anyone else because there’s a great up side to it. But there’s also a major, major down side to every bit of this.”

For now, Perry requested: “Respect the moment and give the family room to breathe.”

From Beyonce's blog:

“This is such a tragic loss and a terrible day. The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. He will always be the king of pop! Life is not about how many breaths you take, but about how many moments in life that take your breath away. For anyone who has ever seen, felt, or heard his art, we are all honored to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson. I love you Michael.” -Beyonce

SOURCE - http://www.beyonceonline.com/us/news/message-beyonce

Finally a celebrity who will remember Michael from a different era besides a pre-Dangerous era. Queen Latifah is great.
Well, there's way more material pre-Dangerous than post Dangerous. Including J5/Jacksons, since 1969 to 1987 there is pretty much an album every year except for a gap between Victory and Bad. On Motown, in some cases there were multiple albums a year. From 1988 till now, there's only been 3 albums of new material.

Jennette MCcurdy - Actress/Singer - ''I discovered the tragic news of the passing of the King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson, on June 25th. My heart truly goes out to his family, his children, his close friends, and his loyal fans. As far back as I can remember, I recall my brothers attempting to mimick his dance moves and sing his songs. I would listen to his songs in the car on the way to auditions and marvel at his versatile sounds, lyrics, and styles. And of course, we’ve all attempted at some time or another to do that moonwalk, or that leg snap, or that effortless super-spin, or that gravity-defying lean. I emphasize the word “attempt” because, even at our greatest, none of us could ever compare to the precision and excellence of Michael Jackson. He is simply fascinating. We can’t reach his greatness, but somehow, he pulls us into his world when we watch him - and when we’re in Michael Jackson’s world, though we’re not Michael Jackson, we are standing taller, stronger, and more confidently than we ever could in our own. He will forever be missed, and though he’s not here with us physically, his legacy - and his world - remains''.

She also wrote this on her Twitter page

''What a true talent and humanitarian. There will never be another Michael Jackson''

Rabbi Shmuley’s statement on the passing of Michael Jackson:

"My family and I have just heard that Michael Jackson has passed away. Our thoughts and prayers are with his children and the Jackson family.

Michael Jackson’s death is not just a terrible tragedy for three young children who will now be orphaned. It is also an American tragedy that affects us all. Our culture, in which fortune and fame readily eclipse family and life nurturing-values, is claiming an increasing number of casualties. There was a great beauty and gentility in Michael’s soul. His talents far surpassed those of his contemporaries and he yearned deeply to make the world a better place. I am saddened that the emotional pain he lived with prevented him from finding the meaning and connectedness which he longed for.

The saddest aspect to this tragedy is that so many watched it happen and few did anything to stop it. I pray that Michael’s death will not be in vain and that we see a return, even among Hollywood celebrities, to the spiritual and family values that are life sustaining."

source: http://www.shmuley.com/news/details/rabbi_shmuleys_statement_on_the_passing_of_michael_jackson/

to the spiritual and family values that are life sustaining

Practice what you preach Rabbi. Going on television on numerous occasions using Michael Jackson's name and disrespecting him is not very spiritual.

Prince Considering A Michael Jackson Tribute Performance

By Jeffrey Hyatt

New to the whirlwind information cycle of all things Michael Jackson, there is a report that Prince is in talks for a Michael Jackson tribute performance at the World Music Awards, scheduled for November 15th in Monaco. Janet Jackson is slated to appear to accept an award that will be given to her brother.

As huge a star Michael Jackson was in the ‘80s, Prince was right there with him (Madonna not far behind). The Prince vs. Michael Jackson debate is a fun one to have with your fellow music fans. Regardless if you prefer the King of Pop to His Royal Purpleness, or the other way around, a Prince musical tribute sounds like a good idea. Prince performing “Billie Jean” or “Working Day and Night” has got to interest any and all pop fans.

Interestingly, back in May Prince declined an invitation from Michael Jackson to go on a joint world tour.

http://beatcrave.com/2009-08-07/prince-considering-a-michael-jackson-tribute-performance/

'IF' this is in anyway true I think that would be really nice as Prince's vocal range is great. I think he'd do a nice tribute. I know it might be a rumour but I hope he does. I love them both, Prince was out of this world in London in 2007.

Prince Considering A Michael Jackson Tribute Performance

By Jeffrey Hyatt

New to the whirlwind information cycle of all things Michael Jackson, there is a report that Prince is in talks for a Michael Jackson tribute performance at the World Music Awards, scheduled for November 15th in Monaco. Janet Jackson is slated to appear to accept an award that will be given to her brother.

As huge a star Michael Jackson was in the ‘80s, Prince was right there with him (Madonna not far behind). The Prince vs. Michael Jackson debate is a fun one to have with your fellow music fans. Regardless if you prefer the King of Pop to His Royal Purpleness, or the other way around, a Prince musical tribute sounds like a good idea. Prince performing “Billie Jean” or “Working Day and Night” has got to interest any and all pop fans.

Interestingly, back in May Prince declined an invitation from Michael Jackson to go on a joint world tour.

I always hate how the press insinuates something going on with Prince and MJ (such as in the last sentence). I don't know if it's true or not but with all the talk about Michael wanting to beat Prince's record for concerts, they make it sound like MJ was obsessed with Prince or something.

I do get the the feeling that they were friendly 'rivals' though. It just seems that Michael always extended an olive branch to Prince, but Prince never took it. At least publicly.

Brooke Hogan "absolutely devastated" by Michael Jackson's death

Reality star Brooke Hogan has said she was "absolutely devastated" by Michael Jackson's death.

Brooke, 21, who will soon be seen in a second season of her reality show "Brooke Knows Best", admitted she was planning to come to London to see one of Jackson's shows and was left shocked by his death.

She said: "I was absolutely devastated when he died. It's still a really hard thing to get over. That's the thing with his death.

"Normally, the world would get over it quite fast and move on, but everyone is still talking about Michael Jackson's death everywhere."

She added: "It's so sad as he was only 50 and vibrant, and he was just getting ready for his tour. I feel really bad for his family and his children, but I don't agree when people say it was his time to go.

"Yes, he's in a better place, but I don't think it was his time. That's what irks me the most as he still had so much to do with his life. He had his children, his music, his final tour. It wasn't his time to go." http://www.metrolyrics.com/2009-bro...tated-by-michael-jacksonaposs-death-news.html

Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney ("Alice in Chains")

It's been one week since the death of pop icon Michael Jackson, and Jerry Cantrell, guitarist of Alice in Chains, still can't believe he's gone. Or that Farrah Fawcett's gone, too. But one thing's for sure. Both Cantrell and drummer Sean Kinney respect the King of Pop for a myriad of reasons.

"Being a musician, you appreciate what it takes to operate at this level and for you to create things that can strike people in such a huge way," Cantrell tells Noisecreep. "You have to respect the magnitude of that guy's career and his creative output, and to maintain that since you're five-years-old? That's ridiculous. Nobody does that."

Both Cantrell and Kinney spoke last Friday, soon after Jackson passed, "and we were talking about how Farrah and Michael Jackson, two of the hugest icons of our childhood, dead in the same day," Cantrell recalls. "Who didn't bow to Farrah and didn't live in an era where Michael Jackson wasn't everywhere? And look at the guy's musical legacy, which permeated through all cultures."

But did Jackson's music influence Alice? "He had an influence on everybody," Kinney says. "How could you be alive for the last 30 years and not know about Michael Jackson, or heard some of his songs? Even if you're some death metaller guy, don't feel like you can't tell your friends you liked [Jackson's 1979 LP] 'Off The Wall.'"

"(Slipknot vocalist) Corey Taylor has a tattoo of 'Off the Wall' on his back," points out Cantrell, laughing. "So, even Slipknot were fans, I guess."

Kinney says that while Jackson's death is sad, he hopes the situation won't "bring out the worst in people, and I hope they just try to rationalize they're thinking before going negative with it. The guy had a f---ed up life. If I was five-years-old and famous, that would do some damage. Very few people get to his level and remain there. He's one of those guys and it's a shocking thing when someone like that goes. I've got all of his records. I have 'em."

Wade Robson
Michael%20%26%20Wade%20at%20age%207.jpg

Michael Jackson changed the world and, more personally, my life forever. He is the reason I dance, the reason I make music, and one of the main reasons I believe in the pure goodness of human kind. He has been a close friend of mine for 20 years. His music, his movement, his personal words of inspiration and encouragement and his unconditional love will live inside of me forever. I will miss him immeasurably, but I know that he is now at peace and enchanting the heavens with a melody and a moonwalk.

I love you Michael.

Brooke Hogan "absolutely devastated" by Michael Jackson's death

Reality star Brooke Hogan has said she was "absolutely devastated" by Michael Jackson's death.

Brooke, 21, who will soon be seen in a second season of her reality show "Brooke Knows Best", admitted she was planning to come to London to see one of Jackson's shows and was left shocked by his death.

She said: "I was absolutely devastated when he died. It's still a really hard thing to get over. That's the thing with his death.

"Normally, the world would get over it quite fast and move on, but everyone is still talking about Michael Jackson's death everywhere."

She added: "It's so sad as he was only 50 and vibrant, and he was just getting ready for his tour. I feel really bad for his family and his children, but I don't agree when people say it was his time to go.

"Yes, he's in a better place, but I don't think it was his time. That's what irks me the most as he still had so much to do with his life. He had his children, his music, his final tour. It wasn't his time to go." http://www.metrolyrics.com/2009-bro...tated-by-michael-jacksonaposs-death-news.html

Wow that made me tear up. She worded exactly what I feel. :cry:

This is on Karen Faye's facebook status.

I know how painful it is to loose this beautiful man....I can barely speak, but I must share with you his reason for getting on stage once again. It wasn't for money or to relaunch his career...it was to send the message that we must HEAL THE WORLD, before it's too late. He wanted to let us know that we have a four year window to get it right, to start walking the highest path, or we will loose the earth.

So what i can conclude out of this, is that MJ believed in 2012! The Mayan calendar

It is true, we have to go to a higher consiousness, in order to evolve and Michael knew this!!
I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU Michael Joseph Jackson!
Thank you for your music and energy!!

i believe this too.

oh, michael. i'm crying all over again. i won't ever get over his passing, no way. the world sucks now

Here's from Kara Dioguardi the 4th judge on American Idol.
i have met michael jackson before and he is a sweethart R.I.P 9:01 AM Jun 29th from web​
before my dream was to write a song with michael jackson now my dream is to write a song for michael jackson R.I.P love: Kara 2:02 PM Aug 6th from web

Lenny Kravitz (Twitter page) "There will never be another talent like Michael Jackson. Many people are saying what a performer, what an icon. How many Grammy’s he won, how Thriller was the biggest selling album in history. They speak about the controversy and countless other things. But the truth of the matter is he was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice. Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics. At the age of ten, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level. I heard somebody on the BBC news tonight say that he was a great singer but didn’t have feeling like James Brown. That somebody is not listening carefully. As a child he did it all. Even if he had not done Off the Wall or Thriller, he would still be a genius in my eyes. I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I’ve had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being. I am deeply saddened this evening. He was the first live performer I ever saw. I got to see him at Madison Square Garden when I was eight. If not for him, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing. He gave me joy as a child and showed me the way to go. He was music. Period. His hugeness as a star was great but before he was the King of Pop,he’d said it all. May you rest in peace sweet Michael. You gave us all you had to give. Lenny."

This has got to be my favorite celebrity statement. I keep going back to read this because it's so beautiful and heartfelt.

I've always liked Lenny Kravitz's music also and thought he was so badass! Nice to know he's had Michael in his heart since Lenny was a child.

Lenny also said this to Time magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/michael-jackson/article/0,31682,1907409_1907413_1907950,00.html

I saw the Jackson 5 at Madison Square Garden, which was the first concert I'd ever seen, and they were wearing these knicker pants with these boots that came up to the knees. So I would put these galoshes on and dance around the living room and pretend that I was Michael Jackson. We got together a few years ago and we decided to go into the studio together. I had written a song for him and actually produced the track before he showed up. I played all the instruments, got it ready. We recorded at Marvin Gaye's old studio, up on Sunset Boulevard. We did his vocals for about three days. He was a lot of fun. He stayed for hours. We'd sit on these little stools and eat together and talk. That's where I really got to know him. (See pictures of Smokey Robinson.)

His children were there. They were extremely well behaved. I grew up in an old-school West Indian family, where respect was paramount. And these kids were just like that, full of respect but not robotic. Really sweet. They drew pictures for me and signed them. They were making art all day while we were working. My daughter Zoe came in. We were all together. We played music, we drew, we talked, we ate, we laughed. [He was] extremely respectful toward the chef, the engineers, myself, the kids — just the same to everybody.

I was in Glasgow, coming off the stage before an encore, when I heard the news. I went back on, did the last two songs. Came off and they announced he had died. Coming off the stage like that, when you're amped up and on a high, and hearing that news and having to go downstairs and digest this — it was difficult. I came off stage and went right to my computer and played the track we had done. It was about his life and where he'd been. It's quite triumphant.

Last edited:
Back