Official Celebrity Statements Thread

Funny quote from ice-t .."One of my friends said, No matter how tough you are, Michael Jackson will have the biggest gangster in the front row screaming like a bitch at his concert." :lol:

That brought a hilarious pic in my head *lol*

Funny quote from ice-t .."One of my friends said, No matter how tough you are, Michael Jackson will have the biggest gangster in the front row screaming like a bitch at his concert." :lol:

ha ha ha...makes me think of Big Boy, ya'll 'member that

So, I haven't watched Jon Stewart in a while, cuz I was afraid of comments that he might make. This is from his opening segment:

"However you felt about the man, whatever your opinions are, I believe that we as a people we should make a rule that once you die, unless your a convicted felon or an opressive dictator, whetever derisive name that we used for you dies with you. (pulls out a copy of the NY Post) Can we stop calling him J*cko, now?(applause from audience) Do we really need to call him J*cko still? After you die, can a brotha get a Mr. Jackson?"

Last edited:
Kirstie Alley: http://twitter.com/kirstiealley
Michael...you are and always will be the King of Pop..sweet sleep for now..but come back soon and shine your light on us all again...we pray

Oscar winner Marlee Matlin: http://twitter.com/MarleeMatlin
Can it be true. Is Michael Jackson dead!?!?
8:03 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

Shocking. MSNC and LA times reported that Michael Jackson has passed. The world has lost an unbelievabe talent who changed pop culture. Sad.
8:25 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

This is one of those rare days that the we all become aware and one in thought. So odd that threeicons passed Micheal Farrah and Ed McMahon
8:44 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

I think these souls had to soar beyond their earthly bodies: marilyn lennon elvis diana heath farrah now michael. The world is speechless
9:29 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

I remember seeing the Jackson 5 at Golf Mill when I was kid in Chicago & again before his LA show & at Sammy Davis Jrs house. Its a sad day.
9:42 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

Yes Marlee is right... the world is speechless.

This is from Brandon Adam's myspace blog. Fans remember him as "Zeke" from "Moonwalker". He was also on "The Mighty Ducks", "The Sandlot", "People Under The Stairs", and many sitcoms in the '90's.

The loss of another great one has come upon us this week. Michael Jackson was a legend, a icon, and just an all around good hearted beautiful human being. My heart is very sad with the lost of my friend, there is no words that can express the grief and the pain that I'm feeling in my heart right now. Michael was my idol growing up and he was also my friend. I feel extremely blessed to have had the oppurtunity to meet him, get to know him, and even work with him. I discovered who I was and the talents that I possess as an individual thru the influence of Michael Jackson. He was thee greatest entertainer of all time, there will never be another Michael. He has reached so many people with his music all over the world. He was an inspiration for so many out there. I still cant believe he's gone.[FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif] Still to this day, no matter where I go, no matter how many other project's I've been involved with, everyone from my friends, to family, my peers, have always said the same thing to me, and that is that I was the luckiest kid in the world to have met and worked with the legendary king of pop Michael Jackson. Those memories I will forever Cherish and treasure.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]I also want to [/FONT]take the opportunity to send my deepest condolences and sorrow to all of Michael's family, friends, and fans all over the world. I know this is a very sad moment for all of us. I will keep my friend MJ in my prayers and will look forward to one day reuniting with him. We all know he's in a better place. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]Michael thank you for giving me those priceless memories and allowing me to be part of your history and life!! I will miss you! [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]

Your Friend..
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,sans-serif]Brandon Quintin Adams
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Michael Jackson: The King Is Transformed Into a Legend
small.jpg

Michael Jackson was the [/i]King[/i] of artistic genius, of dance, of innovation and fantasy. He reinvented the pop genre and found a new way to articulate music through images that will last forever. Of his voice Frank Sinatra once said that he was "the only singer I've seen who was better than me." With his death, the King is transformed into a Legend for all time. My profound sympathy to his family, fans and loved ones.

Shakira

http://www.shakira.com/

Entertainment-special tribute issue-(note: i would upload the article but for some reason i can't post attachments)

-Memories of Michael by Stephen King(worked on 'ghosts' w/ MJ)

"Fred Astaire called Jackson "a helluva mover" You'll also see Jackson's sadness and almost painful desire to please."

"Yes, I am strange, his eyes say, but I am doing the best I can, and I want to make you happy. Is that so bad?"

"This is a sadness that's all too common in people who possess talent in amounts so great it has become a burden instead of a blessing. Despite being extraordinarily beautiful-Jackson was painfully shy, and difficult to talk to"

"It's worth noting that he was never convicted of anything in criminal court, - but in the court of public opinion,however,he was found guilty of weirdness in the First Degree,and ended up secluded in one 'haunted castle' after another. Finally, he died in one. Strange man. Lost man. And not unique in his passing-he just left the building far too soon. Because, man oh man, that guy could dance."

there are so many lovely quotes...Michael really did touch the lives of millions across the globe. I'm begining to understand that he really Really REALLy was a living legend. Truly one of a kind.

Many quotes from Japanese singers...

Source

Crystal Kay — singer

I am really sad. Much more than sad. Many friends mailed me about it, but I only accepted the reality when I saw the pictures on CNN, I just could not believe it was true. In the music industry we all wanted to be like him, and his immense influence reached so many people.

Thank you for your wonderful music. Your songs will be with us long into the future. King of Pop, thank you for inspiring us all through your powerful music.

Your melodies will live on forever. . . . R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Toshinobu Kubota — singer

If it wasn't for him, black music would not have made it onto MTV, and R&B would not have become the world's pop music. It was a miracle that he could achieve the thawing of the theory and practice of racial discrimination.

Hiromi Go — singer

(Michael) was the world's greatest performer and it's so sad that we will never again be able to see him. I met him together with his chimpanzee, Bubbles, at Tokyo's Hilton Hotel, and we took a picture together. That I could be working in the same business as him during the same era is itself an honor.

YOSHIKI — musician (X Japan)

Michael Jackson was not only a great artist but also a true entertainer. He had, and still has enormous respect from artists all over the world. That includes myself. It is a very sad time for us. My heart goes out to all his family members and all of his fans.

Verbal — rapper (M-Flo)

Michael, you fascinated the world and I thank you for your great inspiration. The treasures of the music that you leave behind will always echo in our hearts.

Yuna Ito — singer

Today is a very sad day. The legend that is Michael Jackson, King of Pop, has died. A true great in the history of music, Michael had given so much influence to so many artists, including me.

The strength of his music brought people together throughout the world. I can't imagine how the world of music would have been without him, such was his greatness. We will always remember him. Michael Jackson, may you forever rest in peace and we will love you always.

MISIA — singer

To me, through his music, Michael gave us pure excitement beyond joy and happiness. Michael, I am so sad that you will no longer be with us. I wanted to listen to your music forever more. From my heart, may you rest in peace.

Nana Tanimura — singer

I will love Michael Jackson forever. When I heard the news, I was so shocked that I froze still for a moment. I cried from morning and felt a hole in my heart. The shock was so big I still can't believe it.

The first concert I went to was Michael Jackson and I still remember the impact to this day. Such was the power of his influence. His music is still fresh in my heart, and in everyone's hearts. He's done so much for all of us. . . . I'll never forget. May he rest in peace. Thank you Michael, I will love you forever.

Noriyuki Higashiyama — singer (Shonentai)

A symbol of my youth has gone. When I first saw him dance, I remember feeling such reverence that I wanted to pray to god. I wish I could have seen more of him.

BoA — singer

Rest in peace Michael Jackson. I'm going to miss you so much.

Tatsuya Ishii — singer (Kome Kome Club)

The eras that preceded and followed him were so different due to his very greatness. And he was still capable of achieving more.

Double — singer

I was so shocked when I heard the sad news. I can't believe it still now.

I can hear Michael Jackson's influence in all the singers that inspire me, so I could never forget Michael Jackson and I will always have great respect for him.

Many quotes from Japanese singers...

Source

YOSHIKI — musician (X Japan)

Michael Jackson was not only a great artist but also a true entertainer. He had, and still has enormous respect from artists all over the world. That includes myself. It is a very sad time for us. My heart goes out to all his family members and all of his fans.

How on earth did you find this??? I've been looking for it for days :doh: :lol:

"I am very sad. No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be - a great teacher, pure musical inspiration."
Ricky Martin, pop star.

Comments from Steve Harvey??? I know that Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy haven't made 1 yet...

Comments from Steve Harvey??? I know that Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy haven't made 1 yet...
I've been wondering about that too. Michael called Steve just before flying to the UK to make the O2 announcements and Steve must be really sad. And he did one of the best interviews with Michael. He's still doin the morning show? Anyone listen to that?

Back