On Mj new album. Do you wanna hear the heal the world type songs and the angry songs?

Yes... In the 1980s. At the time it sounded current, nowadays it does not sound current. This is what I'm saying about recording music in accordance with prevailing fads and technologies of the time. Technology dies and now there isn't a single track from the entire Bad album that doesn't sound stuck in the 80s.

And what do sales have to do with anything anyway? Westlife have had more number ones in the UK than James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles combined. Does that mean Westlife are better?

Miles Davis never had a UK number one - the Cheeky Girls did. Are they better? Because they sold more?

MJ fans need to learn to disassociate popularity from artistic integrity. And so, for that matter, does MJ himself. That's how he lost sight in the first place.

MJ sure wasn't thinking of record sales when he hired Quincy Jones to produce his debut album. And he certainly wasn't thinking of record sales when he decided his album should be a blend of jazz and disco. He was doing it for the music, not for the sales or the money, and that's when he produced his best results.

I don't really understand your point. On the one hand, you keep telling us we're not the only people in the world so we should stop forcing our opinions on everyone [which we're not, anyway, we're just contributing to a discussion]. On the other hand, you are doing exactly the same thing by constantly trying to undermine what we're saying. If you think it's good that there are diverse opinions on the subject, why do you keep picking on the ones you don't agree with?

At what point did I say MJ should progress with the times? I said explicitly that modern techniques are producing terrible music with no shelf life and that MJ should return to his old methods if he wants to make anything with any legitimacy.

we're in the same boat. nobody is picking on you. you are answering every post that we put up, so you and us are doing the same thing.

your legitimacy is someone else's non legitimacy, since you are stating what you think MJ should do, that you deem to be legitimate.

and there are plenty of fans of Bad in two thousand eight....pssst check the thread about people stopping at storefronts to hear MJ music. it was smooth criminal that they were watching, according to that thread. and they were watching it as if it were released in two thousand and eight.

^^^^^you are not the only people in the world, Twisted V and those who agree with Twisted V. it's a good thing that there are diverse opinions on this subject. and it's irritating that you class your opinions as what 'MOST people think'. because you are wrong. once again, i say, opinions are diverse

the irony is, that you wanting him to go back to "off the wall' smacks your own argument in the face about progressing with time.

and it's really irritating that you give critics so much power. critics are wrong ninety nine percent of the time...and MJ's success has not been hurt by them. they don't have nearly the power you assign to them.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post agreeing with Twisted V.

Of course opinions are diverse. I never thought or said that "most people think" anything.

I don't necessarily think that songs like "Heal the World" or "Privacy" are whining, per se. I think he is speaking from his heart, not just for the sake of lashing out at the media. What I do agree with is that by the time Invincible came out, it seemed tired. This is only my opinion, I am not claiming to speak for anyone else here.

I AM afraid that if there are obvious media-bashing songs on the new album that he will be ridiculed even more, and the album may be reviewed negatively. I know that the critics' opinions are not everything, but I just want to see the album sell well.

I don't know what to think about the whole thing. I think that every album he's put out, in terms of sound, has always been progressive and with the times. I'm just not sure how I'll feel about the next album, since I hate how most pop music today sounds and I don't want to hear the same thing from him.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post agreeing with Twisted V.

Of course opinions are diverse. I never thought or said that "most people think" anything.

I don't necessarily think that songs like "Heal the World" or "Privacy" are whining, per se. I think he is speaking from his heart, not just for the sake of lashing out at the media. What I do agree with is that by the time Invincible came out, it seemed tired. This is only my opinion, I am not claiming to speak for anyone else here.

I AM afraid that if there are obvious media-bashing songs on the new album that he will be ridiculed even more, and the album may be reviewed negatively. I know that the critics' opinions are not everything, but I just want to see the album sell well.

I don't know what to think about the whole thing. I think that every album he's put out, in terms of sound, has always been progressive and with the times. I'm just not sure how I'll feel about the next album, since I hate how most pop music today sounds and I don't want to hear the same thing from him.

thanks for your clear up.

i understand how you feel about most pop music, today...

the idea of patience can make a person think that no one can come up with anything different from what they are hearing right now.
you wait long for MJ, and meanwhile you get used to what you hear, now.

but..patience is still a good thing. when MJ comes out with something, it will be something that he took his time with. what you hear today was done on the clock, by the clock.

Well,well,well.. If it isnt' "Twisted Vision" I see you refer to yourself as "Twisted V" on this board. It feels good reading your post without the disprespecful and unneccessary things you have said about MJ on the other board where you're a moderator.I guess your post does not contain any insults to MJ because of the strict rules up here. Your stay here should be interesting because you have very strong opinions.. I look forward to rubbishing them as per usual.. this time without the fear of getting an infraction like the one you gave me at the other board. On the other hand I don't agree with the MJ can do no wrong mindset held by others up here and atleast I know we won't be crossing swords in that regard.

high 5....lets slay!! lol

Yes. I think the 2 types of songs that we knew off his past albums were straight out of his heart. When it comes to the "Heal the World" type, I've never thought he did it to look good or sound good. Long years of career across the globe has only made him a more spiritual person than he already was cuz he's seen and done it all. Experienced everything from the most beautiful to the dirtiest. Those songs echo that side of him.

So, to sum it up, since I'm all for authentic emotion showing on his own album, if he feels the need to put out those 2 types and actually put them out, then I'd be like, "Way to go Mike!"

Well I like most everything, and in my opinion the balance is pretty good in all his previous albums. Ballads are probably my favorites. The angry songs expressions his emotions just as much as the others do, maybe even more so at different times in his life. And if that is what he is experiencing, I want to hear it.

With his new album I just want to hear what he's got. I suspect there will probably be a couple of angry songs on there, mostly regarding the press, but dealing with the trial and all I think would be more of a sadness tone. There will probably be some love songs, and probably some charity-type songs, and I think that's great.

HIStory was a very angry album, rightfully so. It was obviously very difficult for him to feel much love or good feeling towards very many people at that time. Between Bad and Dangerous era he was dealing mostly with rumours and tabloids that just made him out to look weird. So he sang about it. After Dangerous things took a bad turn to make him look awful and that has stained him. And of course he still felt that pain on Invincible, though you could tell he was finally recovering and doing a vast variety of music topics. And I don't think he was trying to necessarilly follow the crowd. If anything he was quietly leading the crowd as he ushered music into the 21st century. Indeed, music from 2001 on has been different from pre-2001. Artists took their cue from him, and the public didn't really realize it enough because the album simply wasn't promoted nor appreciated for what it is. The transition therefore wasn't a hugely noticable one that people could define as being attributed to Michael Jackson and the new direction he took with his music. And right now the music industry is lost over what to do, there's no new direction, and they are just waiting on the leader of the industry to guide them where to go - that leader being Michael Jackson.

So I like hearing it all. It's who he is, and he is communicating to all of us.

i don´t like a type of song like Privacy..i don´t like these issues..i know MJ is having hard time with the media but i don´t want to have it on the album..HIStory was ok - he had to tell his story but it´s no longer interesting to me..

Quite simply, everyone likes some MJ songs, but what most of my friends say is that it's very hard to listen to an entire MJ album all the way through without flicking certain tracks. What would be wonderful is if he came up with something like Off The Wall, where you just sit back, or dance, and love every track. Fans, or non-fans, that's what he needs to bring out. No shmaltz, no angry-ness. That would be amazing. Let's dance!

Heal The World is my favorite. The minute I heard the song, I was stunned. :) Then I began to search for the singer and other stuff related to him, then I became a michael fan:D

Everyone experiences joy, pain, anger, despair, ect in his whole life. Why does music. which is considered the expression of our emotions, cannot include such styles?:)Besides, I really admire Michael's courage to try every new genre. I can feel how much pressure he bears when trying to do something unknown. He may fail and be ridiculed. Then again, for someone who has been as successful as Michael, even a lil step may lead to a huge result.
On the other hand, If Michael always comes out with the album like off the wall or thriller, I'm sure people will say that he lacks creativity, he lives off the previous achievements ...haha

Last edited:
On the other hand, If Michael always comes out with the album like off the wall or thriller, I'm sure people will say that he lacks creativity, he lives off the previous achievements ...haha

No, that's what they say when he keeps re-releasing them.

THEM BOTH ACTUALLY!!!!
Something as "let's have a tabloid burning!!!!!" would be very nice, I love when he says that!!! lol
And I would love to feel his love, it's wonderful the LOVE songs, and the "heal the world" songs, I love them all!!!
=D
I love you Michael!

YES, that's what I want to hear. We have enough "EVERYTHING IS ALLright, what a wonderful world, she loves you, yeah, yeah - lyrics". Life just doesn't work like that

i just want any mj songs to be honest...........but if i had my way it would be a bit of everything, some up r&b like billie jean with a hint of disco like rock with you and a sprinkling of stuff like speechless and keep the faith. easy for me to say though. but honestly anything will be amazing

Thinkin bout it, Michael has had a hard/stressed song on every album since Bad, with Leave Me Alone, Why You Wanna Trip On Me, Scream, TDCAU, This Time Around, D.S., Money, Tabloid Junkie, Unbreakable, Privacy, so just going from that, it looks as if they may be something along those lines on the new album, people saying he should have no more of this need to understand that Music is sometimes the only way Michael can get something across without it being mislead or interpreted, and its still top notch music, I mean, Money has to be one of Michaels best songs (Lyrically) and the amount he has been through, ecspecially in the last 5 Years Im sure he's got something to say.

We will have to just wait an see what MJ comes up with, he hasn't disapointed yet with album releases so dont see how this should change.
But as I stated earlier, just let the music make the album, which I think MJ does to be honest, it will all slot together once done, whatever tracks are on there.

i want to hear brand new pop songs not agree songs about personalls not earth songs and children songs,i want to hear happy love songs and rythms that make everyone want to dance.or real powerfull slow songs like give in to me and dirty dianna,i think michael must try some really new sounds and rythms something totally new its the only way for an artist to meke success,its not wish to repeat himself.

i wanna hear whatever he wants to say in his music. i'm his fan..i'd like to think i'm his freind..even from a distance, and that i can be there for him in some way, to hear about his heartache. i loved invincible...he's always the original, i don't care what he does. if he has heal the world type songs, as some put them, or angry songs, i want to hear every minute of it. i have plenty of room in my heart for it. besides..i just want to hear it. it does my soul and heart good, too. and, if he wants to do the run of the mill dance tune(if you can call it that, when it's MJ) i'm all for that, too.

me too. couldn't have worded it better! i love most all of his songs & if I don't i just appreciate that he does & someone else does....nice to hear others thoughts though...

angry...someone else can save the world. he's done enuf....but let them all know how u feel...the best way to get it out....scream itout or SHOUT!

Angry, HTW, whatever is fine with me. Ultimately though, it's the music/sound that he ultilizes together with his words that I am looking forward to hearing the most.

Either way, it's Michael Jackson, you can't go wrong. I don't think we should really complain about the types of subjects he's writing about. He should write what's in his heart, that's all.

I don't want to hear any songs that sound like or appear to be the same in nature coming from Michael's earlier work. I want to hear a NEW REFRESH Michael. To me, if he records any songs like what he did before, then he will be accused of not having new ideas. He will sound out dated. MICHAEL NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE.

Michael's an innovator. i'm sure whatever comes out will be unique but will have his familiar Michael-esque quality to it. whatever his subject matter, genre, etc. it will be his making, and creating is what he does best. it will probably have a little of this and a little of that. He obviously likes to dance, so there will probably be some of that. but he's substantive also, so if you don't care for that type of music hit the skip button to find the tune that does it for you. i don't think he will limit himself to any single style.

Michael's an innovator. i'm sure whatever comes out will be unique but will have his familiar Michael-esque quality to it. whatever his subject matter, genre, etc. it will be his making, and creating is what he does best. it will probably have a little of this and a little of that. He obviously likes to dance, so there will probably be some of that. but he's substantive also, so if you don't care for that type of music hit the skip button to find the tune that does it for you. i don't think he will limit himself to any single style.

which is a reason why I love him ^_^ ;)

I love his more aggresive songs, thats why HISTORY PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE is my favorite cd. IBut I really love is songs about healing and love too, thats what Michael is all about, so whatever he does I'm going to enjoy it.

I want to hear Billie Jean, TWYMMF, Smooth Criminal type songs. :) The FAST ones that aren't too serious.

I wanna hear both angry songs, but also ballads.

Balance would be the key word here IMO.

yes to both. those are his best type of songs imo. i think that without them he'd put out an album with 10-12 love songs. that would suck. we need songs like scream, tdrcau, earth song, man in the mirroir, will you be there, dirty diana( angry to me and great), this time around,etc. those make him who he is without them he'd be just another love song singer and we don't need that.

yes to both. those are his best type of songs imo. i think that without them he'd put out an album with 10-12 love songs. that would suck. we need songs like scream, tdrcau, earth song, man in the mirroir, will you be there, dirty diana( angry to me and great), this time around,etc. those make him who he is without them he'd be just another love song singer and we don't need that.

agreeeed! :yes: i get sick of love songs.

I don't want to hear any songs that sound like or appear to be the same in nature coming from Michael's earlier work. I want to hear a NEW REFRESH Michael. To me, if he records any songs like what he did before, then he will be accused of not having new ideas. He will sound out dated. MICHAEL NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE.

i have to agree with that.

To my Knowledge
MJ has never been accused of not being fresh or having a different sound
thats what he is famous for, Innovative music and entertainment _ NOT
like anyone Else's - other are compared to MJ but MJ's Music style cant be
compared to anyone Else's _

Michael will do what comes from his heart and mind_ What he is inspired to do
Not what he is told to do by anyone . He is very stubborn when it comes to his
ART and will do it HIS way ... That is the BEST way :)

Michael always offers a variety of sounds and songs to please his whole fan base ..
So there will be love songs, dance tunes, kick as tunes, Anthems , social awareness
everthing that is important to MJ will be in his music ... ALL of it

NOT just what YOU want _ Praise God _ how boring would that be

Last edited:
Back