Open General discussion - Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jacksons vs AEG - Day 1 - April 29 2013 - Discussion

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 3m Defense challenged plaintiffs slide that's says "It's undisputed that Michael Jackson loved his kids."

myosotis;3816183 said:
Corina Knoll ‏@corinaknoll 1m "You do what you gotta do if you want to be No. 1 in this rough business of concert promotions.” -Jackson family's attorney

Yeah, if you want to be Number One in the business of concert promotions, you mistreat your superstar so badly that he ends up dying. Yep, that makes a whole lot of sense. NOT!

I support Michael and Michael only.

SIX MONTHS!

I'm confused also. That has to be a mistake. I mean, I don't see how that bit of information helps Mother's case. What am I missing here?
I believe it is suppose to be 6 weeks - I think the reporter misstated

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 3m Defense challenged plaintiffs slide that's says "It's undisputed that Michael Jackson loved his kids."

What???

Seems like the 6 months claim was just a mistake. He meant 6 weeks:

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts2m
Panish: MJ would get daily doses of Propofol for six weeks in May and June, leading up to his death

Jacksons wanted to show a slide to the jury that was going to say Michael loved his kids. AEG argued it is not needed as they aren't disputing it. In other words AEG agrees that Michael loved his kids.

^^I wish Panish will stop trying to bring in things with the kids like he did with paternity and now Michal's love for his kids, all of which AEG is not disputing.

So basically it is what we thought. Michael became addicted to demerol after the Pepsi burn. He took it after the bridge fell on him. He becomes even more addicted during stress. AEG is the only one claiming that they did not know Michael was addicted to prescription drugs. It seems that Panish conclusion is that since Michael was addicted, AEG should have seen a red flag when Muarry asked for millions, since any normal person would know that Muarry would give Michael Prof.

The thing is if Michael becomes more addicted during stress and Katherine and family were always stressing him out, the media was stressing him, the allegations stressed him, why wasn't Michael on drugs daily and have severe organ damage? I mean he had sever stress throughout his life, so what kind of addict chooses when he would go & get his demerol fix and have such big gaps between fixes?

Panish is lucky that opening statements are not based on facts, otherwise he would be in serious trouble. Now let me see how his evidence is going to show AEG's guilt.

I can't believe Panish gave Wass a shout out.

Michael's painkiller dependency was in 1993 after the allegation, not after the Pepsi commercial. The only connection is he just did another burn surgery before his dangerous tour and he had to take painkiller to keep him going. Then the allegation hit him and caused his painkiller denpendency. people can twist whatever to suit their agenda but the autopsy cant lie, Michael's body was healthier than people his age, so there is no way he was what Katherine's lawyer described. How can Katherine sit there to hear her lawyers shit on her son for the sake of $$$? The irony is Katherine's money of hiring those lawyers and having a luxury life is from Michael Jackson's love for her. How could she do this to his name and legacy?

After reading Mr. McCartney's tweets, I'm not impressed with Mr. Panish's opening statement, thus far.

Maybe he's saving the best for last. He still has an hour and some change to go. We shall see, I guess.

As to Michael's so-called "addiction problems," I'm no medical expert, but didn't his autopsy basically prove that he was NOT abusing prescription medication?

Well the drugs that were found in Michael's system when he died were propofol, lorazepam, midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine and ephedrine. What his autopsy showed was that he had no permanent damage to his organs from drug dependancy but that doesn't mean he didn't have said dependancy. Using propofol to supposedly sleep is in itself a sign of a serious problem.

Last edited:

That's what bothers me and I don't know how she can sit there and hear that from her own lawyer.

Michael's painkiller dependency was in 1993 after the allegation, not after the Pepsi commercial. The only connection is he just did another burn surgery before his dangerous tour and he had to take painkiller to keep him going. Then the allegation hit him and caused his painkiller denpendency. people can twist whatever to suit their agenda but the autopsy cant lie, Michael's body was healthier than people his age, so there is no way he was what Katherine's lawyer described. How can Katherine sit there to hear her lawyers shit on her son for the sake of $$$? The irony is Katherine's money of hiring those lawyers and having a luxury life is from Michael Jackson's love for her. How could she do this to his name and legacy?

Thank you. They will make up their own story to connect that burn & demerol to what happened in 09 in that room. They don't care. I only hope the jury is able to connect the dots & see whether there is evidence to prove all that.

but where we're the pain killers?

The drugs found in his system were only the things Muarry gave him, & we all know the uses of the drugs that were in his system from discussing it in the autopsy thread.

That drug is to lessen the burning when you take prof.

Well the drugs that were found in Michael's system when he died were propofol, lorazepam, midazolam, diazepam, lodocaine and ephedrine. What his autopsy showed was that he had no permanent damage to his organs from drug dependancy but that doesn't mean he didn't have said dependancy. Using propofol to supposedly sleep is in itself a sign of a serious problem.

lack of sleep can make one desperate and act crazy i have had it my whole adult life i am lucky that my meds work but before that was perfected i have tried to hurt myself something i wouldnt normaly do taking profol to sleep itself is crazy and its murry who had onligtion to help mj no one esle just becaause he was using doesnt mean he was addited it means he had a underlying problem and that is not aegs fault or his moms however the wrongful death suit has the wrong taget and thats what bother's me

But Panish is talking mostly about Demerol. None was found in his system.

And can also be used as a painkiller.

I understand what you are saying. Drugs are used for multiple purposes. However, I think we should explain the drugs within the context in which it was taken by Michael. We know that that drug is routinely given to people who are administered prof to reduce the burning sensation. We should not make statements that imply he used that drug simple because he was addicted to painkillers, since in this context it has another purpose. We are getting enough creative stories from AEG & Panish, that it is important for us here to keep these drugs in perspective.

Serendipity that is the problem with Panish. He like Muarry's team is infatuated with that drug demerol. In fact that drug is to be blamed for everything, since according to them it's use for the Pepsi burn led to .....

when does AEG start?

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 12 min

We're on a 15 minute break. Plaintiff finished their opening statements about half an hour ago. Defense has began their presentation

Aren't they both supposed to go today and then the first witness was supposed to start tomorrow. Did something happen to delay the opening statements? It is still afternoon in California.

PS: oh I see new post ^^.

“There were no rules,” Panish told the jury, when it came to furthering AEG’s success. “It didn’t matter what it took. … AEG had a problem and they wanted to fix it and they didn’t care who got lost in the wash.”

Using slides and photos, Panish quoted from emails among AEG executives that surfaced last year as evidence of the attitude. In one, AEG Live President and CEO Randy Phillips described screaming at Jackson, whom he called an “emotionally paralyzed mess,” before a news conference.

"Forget about helping Mr. Jackson,” Panish said. “The show must go on.”

Panish confuses me. If AEG wanted to be #1, who doesn't, why wouldn't care about Michael if it was Michael who was going to bring them to that position.

And besides when it comes to money most employers don't care about their employees. Their only care is what can they bring to their bus. That happens in bus. & that happens in fam. The most crude example is Katherine & fam. they don't care what their doing to Michael, they only care about money.

And can also be used as a painkiller.

It's not an opiate painkiller, it's an area specific painkiller - it numbs the area specifically where applied/injected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back