Open General discussion - Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another email was from Phillips after MJ’s death which said “Conrad is nuts. Remind me to tell you about his visits (redaction – strip clubs) the week MJ died.” (AP)

Why did the defendants know about the strip clubs the doctor went to after Michael passed? Why would they still have an active interest in the personal activities of the doctor who they did not hire and killed their star?

Last edited:
Re: Jacksons vs AEG - Day 1 - April 29 2013 - Discussion

It is indeed a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world out there. Bring on the Autopsy report and the Coroner that testified in Murray's murder trial. For Michael Jackson had strong organs and the way Michael is being exposed in the Court Room today, he should've overdosed on drugs years ago. Blimey!

Why did the defendants know about the strip clubs the doctor went to after Michael passed? Why would they still have an active interest in the personal activities of the doctor who they did not hire and killed their star?

No doubt they were following the investigation into MJ's death and later the trial of CM. AEG was watching this as both Phillips and Gongaware had to testify at the trial, and also AEG had to let CM's attorneys see all the film they shot of the rehearsals (100 hours worth).

Maybe they hired a private detective who followed CM. There were rumors he went before he passed too.

But the bottom line is: we've heard all of this before. We've seen the leaked emails, we've heard what the witnesses say, we know Michael had addiction problems. Is it really necessary to reiterate this and rub it into public consciousness: "He was an addict, he was an addict, he was an addict..."? To make sure he is remembered as one? Do Jacksons even ask themselves this question?

Jermaine's ghost writer seems to think it's fine because MJ's legacy can withstand it.

That seems to be how they're working - it doesn't matter how much more damage has been done to him, if it's even more damaged than before, we just hope to profit from it this time around.

So I gather she is going to testify to that for the defense.
The prosecution are looking to prove MJ had a history of propofol use too.

I am unsure the defendants launched an investigation into the doctor after Michael passed. The tone of Phillips email is not serious.

Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 2m
“Conrad is nuts. Remind me to tell you about his visits (redaction) the week MJ died.” _ Randy Phillips after MJ’s death.

Why would a tour doctor tell Gongaware, someone who made travel arrangements and was not a "bigwig" on the Dangerous tour as Putnam said in the opening statements, this from CNN's article:

Gongaware, who managed two of Jackson's tours in the 1990s, knew that Jackson relied on addictive opiates during his concert tours, Panish said. He played a video of one doctor who said he warned Gongaware about it in 1993. "We felt that we needed to an intervention," Dr. Stuart Finkelstein said. "We needed to do detox."

The defense is going to have a VERY difficult time.

I am unsure the defendants launched an investigation into the doctor after Michael passed. The tone of Phillips email is not serious.

Why would a tour doctor tell Gongaware, someone who made travel arrangements and was not a "bigwig" on the Dangerous tour as Putnam said in the opening statements, this from CNN's article:

The defense is going to have a VERY difficult time.

I know in an interview Phillips said he talked to the bodyguards about Nurse Lee - how often Michael was seeing her, so one of the bodyguards could have passed that info to him.

what happened to the rule about supporting mj. As as soon as i enter the thread i see twisting of the facts and blatent lies.posters shouldnt have to waste their time having to deal with such things on a michael board.

Only read the AEG opening statement summary so a couple of comments on that. firstly they claim they didnt know about mjs debt which is not believable at all seeing as it was pushed down everyones throat since the early 00's and secondly thanks to the jacksons their all over the place claims about addiction.trying to say mj was addicted to diprivan and goibg on about interventions where even the family didnt know what was happening.well we all know the reason why even the fam didnt know what was happening because half say no interventions ever took place some say they went and he was fine while others were just selling stories and asking him fir money instead thanks to that family AEG will use whatever they can. and how mj hid it so well that look how good he was on june 23rd yet two days later he was gone. how ridiculous. as shown before theres no evidence mj was addicted to anything in june 09 but now suddenly painkillers and everything else are thrown in to the mix and to claim mj was so good at hiding it that he was great on the 23rd is an ridiculous statement to make.

“There were no rules,” Panish told the jury, when it came to furthering AEG’s success. “It didn’t matter what it took. … AEG had a problem and they wanted to fix it and they didn’t care who got lost in the wash.” “Forget about helping Mr. Jackson. The show must go on.” (LATimes)

This is the most ridiculous statement I have heard, 'didn't care who got lost in the wash' I guess he is talking about Michael, 'the show must go on' How can the show go on without Michael?

I'm not sure how well all this addiction talk from AEG is going to go down with the jury, they may feel that AEG shouldn't have touched Michael with a barge pole let alone 'allow' him a doctor.

And now i have to switch channels quickly cause even the bbc are reporting this on their news
channel!

Agree that statenent from panish is stupid hes trying to hard and is making himself look ridiculous..

I've just heard the Murray has been interviewed by Sky news.

Sigh :no:

Seems like there are probabilites here--if indeed they did not supervise CM enough, how probable would it be that a lack of supervision (after agreeing what is appropriate supervision) led to the death of his patient? How probable or improbable was that?

It seems the jury has to agree that Murray or any employee could be a killer, and that therefore a lack of supervision by the employer means that death is a probable outcome. I think it's a stretch.

Well it's a little easier than that. All they need to prove is that AEG brought in the doctor, and that their lack of supervision when they were paying him so much money allowed him play fast and loose, which ended up causing Michael's death, not that he was a killer who set out to do it. The fact that Murray was convicted means half their work is done in that respect.

Katherine has some nerve to come and cry in front of the jurors :smilerolleyes:, the more haters on that jury the better, they won't award her a penny for her tacky performance .

How do they believe anyone especially those jurors with strong opinions of MJ would show any sympathy toward him if he was the screwed up druggie they described ?

However unbelievable KJ might seem with all this, I don't doubt her grief and loss at Michael, her son who idolized her, being dead.

On a side-note: 1000th Post. OWWWWWWWWHEEEEHEEEE.

kj was probably grieving until the moment in september 09 the same month she burried her son that she went into business with howard mann. her actions are not that of a grieving mother and that is a fact.from talking crap about mj to oprah to exploiting his kids.we know they arent emotionally normal but those actions are bizzare to any normal person

I guess fox news as they are one and the same. at least AEG said they will call him as a witness.

another stupid comment by aeg in their opening that mj openly admitted a p.k addiction in 93 and delt with it.yet in the next breath claim his was so secretive and spent the next decade fooling everyone. trying to make him sound sinister about their being the public and private mj. sounds like sneddon in 93 just go the whole hog and call him a weirdo pedo aswell!!

anyway i aint gonna be folkowing this much a quick scan of the summary is bad enough. kj and that family make me sick.

Last edited:
Jacksons vs AEG - Day 2 and 3 - April 30 - May 1, 2013 - Discussion

This is the daily discussion thread for day 2 and 3 (because day 3 is just a half a day)

Trial will be Mon-Thu from 9:30 am to noon, 1:30 pm to 4:00/4:30 pm and Fridays 9:00 am to noon, 2:30 to 4:00/4;30 pm.

CORRECTION: It was Wass that Sky has interviewed. No video as yet but it is available on the interactive button for those in the UK.

Basically it is exactly as I thought, Murray is using all the evidence from the AEG trial to help his appeal and either overturn his conviction or to have a re-trial. Heavily focussing that much of the evidence wasn't allowed in his trial such as the great long list of doctors Michael had been treated by and his previous addictions. Wass repeated that Murray believes that Michael's insomnia was caused by the withdrawal symptoms of Demerol.

Even if he is unsuccessful in overturning his conviction I think this trial WILL change the public's opinion of him, and I think the general public will be more sympathetic toward CM and therefore make him more bankable.

Re: Jacksons vs AEG - Day 2 - April 30 2013 - Discussion

Do we know who the first witness will be?

Michael's painkiller dependency was in 1993 after the allegation, not after the Pepsi commercial. The only connection is he just did another burn surgery before his dangerous tour and he had to take painkiller to keep him going. Then the allegation hit him and caused his painkiller denpendency. people can twist whatever to suit their agenda but the autopsy cant lie, Michael's body was healthier than people his age, so there is no way he was what Katherine's lawyer described. How can Katherine sit there to hear her lawyers shit on her son for the sake of $$$? The irony is Katherine's money of hiring those lawyers and having a luxury life is from Michael Jackson's love for her. How could she do this to his name and legacy?

Well the drugs that were found in Michael's system when he died were propofol, lorazepam, midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine and ephedrine. What his autopsy showed was that he had no permanent damage to his organs from drug dependancy but that doesn't mean he didn't have said dependancy. Using propofol to supposedly sleep is in itself a sign of a serious problem.

- Addiction : I think the important word is "AT TIMES" (used by both lawyers) : Mj said it started with the Pespi Burn (demerol, ie opiates). I agree with Loveforever, it certainly got worse after the first allegations, then he went to rehab.
After that, I think it was on and off, depending on what was going on in his life. That's why you have people saying they never saw him "drugged up" and people who did. It's not like he was using medication to get high, he was relying on it (and doctors) to help with anxiety, insomnia and physical pain at certain points in his life, certainly when he felt there was no other way.
There are no easy medical solutions to help with anxiety and insomnia, it's a real problem, very common, hard to deal with, for the patient of course, but also for doctors.

Stella, as said before , lidocaine is a local anesthetic, it's not used as a painkiller in the opiate sense, it's used to numb a certain area of the body. Here it was used to numb the burning sensation of propofol. Everything that was found at autopsy was injected /given by Murray. As per autopsy result, Murray police interview, Dr Shafer's testimony.

just a few things from the Murray investigation/trial :
- no pills were found in Michael's private room at Carolwood. All the pills were in the second bedroom, the one that was used by Murray to "treat him". So Michael was not hiding anything, at least there. It would have been easy for him to hide medication in his room, but he didn't. They didn't find painkillers in any of the rooms. Everything they found was related to anxiety, insomnia. According to what was left in the bottles, he took less than prescribed. According to nurse Lee, he tried more natural solutions during 3 months before turning to propofol.
To me, again, it looks like someone who is desperately trying to find a solution to his problems, it doesn't fit with the desperate addict who wants medication at all costs.

- not really related to AEG trial, but I think it's worth mentionning when we talk about MJ's "addictions" : Murray was buying loads of injectable benzodiazepines and loads of an antidote to the benzos, that has no effect on propofol. Benzos are usually used to treat anxiety and insomnia, but are addictive. Withdrawal from benzos can cause anxiety and insomnia. It's a big question mark left from Murray's trial. We don't know why Murray did that. Was he stockpiling for London, was he using it instead of/with propofol, if so, how much was he using and why ? Did Michael know about that ? Lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam are benzos, some of them not very strong (diazepam), some of them quite strong and addictive (lorazepam).

- demerol : i think it is mentionned because of MJ's visits to Klein. According to Klein's records he was giving dmerol to MJ for cosmetic procedures, when it was not necessary . During the Murray trial one doctor said there were better options now, and that demerol was not really used anymore. So Klein shoudn't have given it, but he didn't give enough to create a dependance. Yet, MJ would come out of Klein's office "out of it", a lot of people noticed , and Murray was told about it. I'm not sure how this will help AEG in the end.

- about Debbie supposedly witnessing propofol use during the History tour : Propofol is not dangerous when it's done correctly. It's inappropriate, but not dangerous.

-MJ was hiding things from other people : of course he was. Anybody would in his position. They should wonder why.

- totally unrelated : can somebody explain to me why Panish says he didn't ask for 40 billions, when it is in the legal docs ? Did I miss something ?

Last edited:

@bouee
- totally unrelated : can somebody explain to me why Panish says he didn't ask for 40 billions, when it is in the legal docs ? Did I miss something ?

Back tracking.

Martinez, according to ABC.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 5h
First plaintiffs witness is LAPD detective Orlando Martinez. He's going to testify about his interview with Dr. Murray and who hired him

^^^^ Thank you. So much to read this morning I have probably missed out a lot.

CORRECTION: It was Wass that Sky has interviewed. No video as yet but it is available on the interactive button for those in the UK.

Basically it is exactly as I thought, Murray is using all the evidence from the AEG trial to help his appeal and either overturn his conviction or to have a re-trial. Heavily focussing that much of the evidence wasn't allowed in his trial such as the great long list of doctors Michael had been treated by and his previous addictions. Wass repeated that Murray believes that Michael's insomnia was caused by the withdrawal symptoms of Demerol.

Even if he is unsuccessful in overturning his conviction I think this trial WILL change the public's opinion of him, and I think the general public will be more sympathetic toward CM and therefore make him more bankable.

i guess wass still hasnt worked out what murrays trial was about. ie his negligence in what he did and how he acted. why doesnt she get it. is she thick or what. covicted because he used diprivan outside of a hospital setting with no equipment because he didnt call 911 because he lied to the medics. thats the words of the jurrors.

Stella, as said before , lidocaine is a local anesthetic, it's not used as a painkiller in the opiate sense, it's used to numb a certain area of the body. Here it was used to numb the burning sensation of propofol. Everything that was found at autopsy was injected /given by Murray. As per autopsy result, Murray police interview, Dr Shafer's testimony.
---------------------------------

im sure she knows this is was clearly stated during the trial.. its just the same agenda as always.

well said on the rest of your post. as it was shown during the trial there was no evidence mj was addicted to anything at the time of his killing actually the opposite interms of the prescriptions that had been under used. but why let the truth get in the way of a good story or an agenda

why would the jacksons have him as a witness. murrays police interview clearly helps AEG

i guess wass still hasnt worked out what murrays trial was about. ie his negligence in what he did and how he acted. why doesnt she get it. is she thick or what. covicted because he used diprivan outside of a hospital setting with no equipment because he didnt call 911 because he lied to the medics. thats the words of the jurrors.
She's a lawyer, can she be THAT stupid ?? I think there's a purpose (Murray's book, interviews ... money, fame)

"All my success has been based on the fact that I wanted to make my mother proud," the singer's note said, "to win her smile of approval."

With this trial, Katherine delivered the final blow on Michael. Did she feel a stung in her heart, regret, sorrow, shame or was it the big money on the table that blinded her and her heart?

There are no words left how much I despice this family for putting Michael on trial and trying to ruin his image and reputation. There is going to be whole new generation that doesn't know Michael the singer, they will know him as singer who has been on drugs since 90's. All the great things he made, will be shadowed or forgotten after all the drug addict claims that is presented on court.

How dare she cry, when she and Joe beat Michael to belive all his life that he has to deliver first class show every time, and if he didn't, they beat him up, yes, both of them.
Their lesson carried with Michael rest of his life, and he couldn't rest untill everything was perfect. He put aside his own well-being and his best interest in order to make others happy.
Michael had an option to cancel, but he didn't. He would have lost money, but why did he put everything else before his own health? Ask Katherine and Joe and their teachings that MJ has to work no matter what, and they used him as the source for keeping this sorry excuse of family afloat.
Lastly, how dare she cry, when she was there too was one of the people pushing Michael to do concerts, not with AEG, but with family.

"Panish, however, said AEG saw the Jackson shows as a way to make a lot of money and better compete with Live Nation Entertainment Inc."

That Panish is irritating as hell:angry:
There are million of businesses that compete each other (Microsoft - Apple, Nokia- Apple), and of course all of them wants to be the biggest and best. According to him AEG killed Michael because they wanted to be the biggest, idiot!
I'm pretty sure there is a pressure on Nokia, Microsoft and Apple employees to do their job but if they don't reach their target as set by their employer, those companies don't go and kill their employees.

Last edited:

Err both side of opening statement are so agenda and disgusting. AEG's side is cruel and cold. They are trying to demonize Michael so the jury will not feel sympathy to the victim which they normally do and reward the victim family. It may backfire AEG. Both side tactics are despicable and predictable( Exactly what i thought, but when it come to reality, still hard to stomach.) The case is purely game play, never about the truth. I don't care who wins since both make me sick. I just feel so sorry for Michael, the ****ery and greed just never go away from him.
There are no words left how much I despice this family for putting Michael on trial and trying to ruin his image and reputation. There is going to be whole new generation that doesn't know Michael the singer, they will know him as singer who has been on drugs since 90's. All the great things he made, will be shadowed or forgotten after all the drug addict claims that is presented on court.

That's what bothers me. Michael survived from 05 trial and Conrad Murray's trial because those two criminal trials are about justice and truth that actually benefit Michael and clear his name in the court of law. This civil trial is about the money, neither side is gonna present the truth. It's A twisting game to win the jackpot.

Last edited:

From BBC news

Peter BowesBBC News, Los Angeles
During the course of this trial, the tragic life of Michael Jackson is likely to be analysed in more depth than ever before.
In 2005, he was found not guilty of child abuse after a criminal trial which exposed aspects of the secretive star's inner world in embarrassing detail.
When Dr Conrad Murray went on trial - and was found guilty of the singer's manslaughter - Jackson's physical frailties and dependence on prescription drugs were laid bare.
The current case promises more legal fireworks, with the uncomfortable prospect of Jackson's children testifying about their father's final hours.
The closing - and perhaps defining - chapter in the story of pop music's most enduring star is about to be written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back