Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray Dec '09 or Jan '10?

Predict when DVD will be released

• November or December 2009

Votes: 127 50.6%
  • January or February 2010

Votes: 104 41.4%
  • March, April 2010

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • May, June 2010

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • It will be released after June 2010

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
Re: This Is It on DVD (All Discussion Here) [Merged]

I really can't wait for the movie but the DVD is gonna be awesome as well :)

Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray UPDATE! Jan 2010?

The plan was to release This is it on DVD and Blu Ray close
to Christmas.. It now seems like it will come out in 2010.
This is a joint venture between Sony/Disney/Universal
In most of Europe it will be released by Universal. In the
US and UK Sony will handle it themselves.

It will feature loads of bonus and maybe the 3D scenes and
a couple of 3D glasses will be incl.

Sincere

/Lars Haakon
larshaakon@mjjackson.com
http://www.mjjackson.com

UPDATE!

Was hoping for a Christmas release : oh well! :agree:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=71712

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Michael Jackson’s This Is It on 25th January 2010. Michael Jackson’s This is It offers a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning summer 2009 in London’s O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from April through June, 2009, the film is drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show.

Available on DVD and Blu-ray, features are outlined below…

DVD
  • Anamorphic Widescreen
  • English DD5.1 Surround
  • Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), Estonian, Finnish, French (Parisian), German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish (Castilian), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
  • Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of Documentary
  • The Gloved One Featurette: Costumes
  • Memories of Michael Featurette
  • Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers featurette

Blu-ray Disc
  • 1080P 1.78:1 Widescreen
  • English 5.1
  • Subtitles: Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), Estonian, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish (Castilian), Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
  • Meet the Dancers Featurette
  • Meet the Band Featurette
  • Meet the Vocalists Featurette
  • Dancing Machine - Choreography Featurette
  • This Is It: The Photo Collection
  • The Unfinished Rehearsals featurette
  • movieIQ(tm) featuring the "This Is It" Playlist and BD-Live connect you to real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie!
  • Thriller Vignette
  • Smooth Criminal Vignette
  • Making Smooth Criminal Featurette
  • Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of Documentary
  • The Gloved One Featurette: Costumes
  • Memories of Michael Featurette
  • Auditions: Searching for the World's Best Dancers featurette

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: INSIDE INFO about This is it DVD/Blu-Ray

What does Disney have to do with this is it?

2010???

why not before Christmans??? They can make more cash !

2010???

why not before Christmans??? They can make more cash !

Thats what I thought. I was looking forward to getting this for Christmas! :|

I hate waiting all the F***ing time .. always like this. yeah im pissed and I have reasons to be. Earlier this week sony is releasing a DEMO or unfinished 29 years old song and now we have to wait til its 2010 for the DVD. Christmas is the best time of the YEAR. sick of SONY by now.

If the dvd/blu-ray will not be released before Christmas, the so called limited 2 week run that the movie will be in cinemas will be extended.

They are smart..they know that if every studio is involved the money will increase trememdously. Every perosn out there will want this DVD/Bluray. 2010? when?
Michael does not need any more promotion but if there are going to be other cool stuff, I can wait.

This kinda makes sense, it's too much of a rush in advertising to get a DVD out really quick after the 2 week run, but missing the Christmas market will seriously dampen sales no matter what...

wow 3D version in full hd i love it :D

disney?? 3D glasses?? prolly gonna include a bonus DVD with Captain EO... if Disney is truly gonna be involved in the DVD, this will happen.....

mark my words...

-Dal

I will see it next weeks , this is not official news ;)

I'd be very surprised if TII doesn't hit stores before Christmas.

I'd be very surprised if TII doesn't hit stores before Christmas.

id be way surprised as well.... but regardless.. im getting it of course.. so whenever they wanna release it, so be it..

-Dal

i hope its not confirmed.

I wonder why Disney would be involved with the DVD, the only thing I can think of is if they are going to include Captain EO with the DVD since that was a 3D film. Also why would Universal be involved..its quite interesting, if this is true then it could be that the DVD will be absolutely chock full of stuff.

how about a luxury package with bad tour 88 wembley, Brunei special 96,HIStory tour Munich, 30 th and the TII dvd

I thought the only reason they were having the This Is It film in the cinema for a 2 week run is so that they could rush it out on DVD for christmas in order to make more money?

no way I can't wait till 2010 to but it !! I mean I'm going to see it in the cinema opening night but I need the dvd !!!

If they are going to include more rehearsal performance footage, maybe Kenny needs more time to edit it? If it's a toss up between waiting the usual 4 months post-cinema-run for the DVD and getting tons more footage, or just getting a vanilla disc of the Theatrical Edition before Christmas, I know what I'd rather have :)

I hate waiting all the F***ing time .. always like this. yeah im pissed and I have reasons to be. Earlier this week sony is releasing a DEMO or unfinished 29 years old song and now we have to wait til its 2010 for the DVD. Christmas is the best time of the YEAR. sick of SONY by now.

yup sick of sony. the should be releasing the dvd by christmas and they should be releasing an album of unreleased material with like 12 songs on it right after the movie's two weeks end.

People hoping this is not confirmed/fake/whatever? C'mon, I know it's hard to wait, but... Loads of bonus scenes?!?! 3D glasses included?!?! C'mon, wake up, that would be AWESOME. If they need more time to edit footage and all, I'm all for it. Just give me those loads of bonus scenes, 3D scenes and glasses and I can wait.

I wonder why Disney would be involved with the DVD, the only thing I can think of is if they are going to include Captain EO with the DVD since that was a 3D film. Also why would Universal be involved..its quite interesting, if this is true then it could be that the DVD will be absolutely chock full of stuff.

I would think that besides Captain EO and *if* they are really going to wait till 2010 or Not... Disneys involvement would be to help 'better' the DVD as in a creative aspect perhaps help adding newest technology for the imaging on disc. perhaps Disney would be the main man behind that aspect of the DVD.

Back