Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson 2-Minute Love tune up

Love is today's theme. The video is made by MJBunny and the text is from her as well.

"More about the video: It features 65 clips of Michael saying "love" in music and speeches, like "Love is the most important thing", "I love you", "I love you more", "I love you very much", "love is the answer", "tell them that you love them (from Exeter), "Love is my message" (Suzuki ad) ... combined with pics & animated gifs (like of letters/notes/signs to fans at hotels).

[Copyrights retained by original owners - this is just to demonstrate Michael's use of "love" in his work and life and no profit is made from this whatsoever. I do not use ads on my account.]

We love you most, Michael. That's forever. This vid is for you. You taught us that love is the answer and we will do our best the rest of our lives spreading this message. Thank you for everything, from every bit of my heart. "

Michael Jackson Letters of Love tribute
Created by MJBunny

It's all for L.O.V.E. ♥ Michael Jackson's beautiful love letters to fans written from the early 90's up through the TII website announcement in Spring of 2009. Thank you, Michael, from the millions of us who have and will always love you.

Music is a COVER of "In Flowers" (hence the roses - red and white, like Michael liked), sung here as a tribute to Michael (I haven't sung in years, so please be kind, lolol ;-) with guitar by my friend and fellow MJ fan, Mundy. I love this song and the first time I heard it I thought of Michael, the butterfly in my heart. It's about wishing joy to the one you love, with whom you share an amazing and spiritual bond, and how much you want to be in that joy with them. It's how I've felt about Michael for over 26 years ... wanting him "in flowers"... surrounded by love and glowing with happiness. I believe that's where he is now, hopefully feeling our love too.

NOTE: I do not own any of these letters myself. I found them in photos or scans across the internet, posted by lovely fans who wanted to show the rest of us some of Michael's love that only those able to get close enough at hotels, by cars, etc to experience. THANK YOU FOR SHARING! My intention with this video is simply to show other fans, as a tribute to MJ, us and all the L.O.V.E. we've shared over the years. Thanks again.
- MJBunny

Michael Jackson Letters of Love tribute
Created by MJBunny

It's all for L.O.V.E. ♥ Michael Jackson's beautiful love letters to fans written from the early 90's up through the TII website announcement in Spring of 2009. Thank you, Michael, from the millions of us who have and will always love you.

Music is a COVER of "In Flowers" (hence the roses - red and white, like Michael liked), sung here as a tribute to Michael (I haven't sung in years, so please be kind, lolol ;-) with guitar by my friend and fellow MJ fan, Mundy. I love this song and the first time I heard it I thought of Michael, the butterfly in my heart. It's about wishing joy to the one you love, with whom you share an amazing and spiritual bond, and how much you want to be in that joy with them. It's how I've felt about Michael for over 26 years ... wanting him "in flowers"... surrounded by love and glowing with happiness. I believe that's where he is now, hopefully feeling our love too.

NOTE: I do not own any of these letters myself. I found them in photos or scans across the internet, posted by lovely fans who wanted to show the rest of us some of Michael's love that only those able to get close enough at hotels, by cars, etc to experience. THANK YOU FOR SHARING! My intention with this video is simply to show other fans, as a tribute to MJ, us and all the L.O.V.E. we've shared over the years. Thanks again.
- MJBunny

OMG, MJBunny did this??? Wow, I'm in tears once again. :cry: Is there a way I can get a copy of this? This was just beautiful. Also, the singing was wonderful, very sweet. :yes:

Michael Jackson 2-Minute Love tune up

Love is today's theme. The video is made by MJBunny and the text is from her as well.

"More about the video: It features 65 clips of Michael saying "love" in music and speeches, like "Love is the most important thing", "I love you", "I love you more", "I love you very much", "love is the answer", "tell them that you love them (from Exeter), "Love is my message" (Suzuki ad) ... combined with pics & animated gifs (like of letters/notes/signs to fans at hotels).

[Copyrights retained by original owners - this is just to demonstrate Michael's use of "love" in his work and life and no profit is made from this whatsoever. I do not use ads on my account.]

We love you most, Michael. That's forever. This vid is for you. You taught us that love is the answer and we will do our best the rest of our lives spreading this message. Thank you for everything, from every bit of my heart. "

Very nice!!! I L.O.V.E. you more :wub:

I just found this article: http://www.tonic.com/article/michael-jacksons-new-old-album/ :
they talk about the possibility of a new album but also about MJ's music legacy and humanitarian spirit.

PS: I'm not sure if the terms of the agreement with Sony are correct, but I was so shocked to read an article with no mention of the usual tabloid filth that I had to post the link.

Hope you like it.

Last edited:
Donald trump remembers Michael Jackson

“He was a very good friend of mine. He was an amazing guy, but beyond all else, he was the greatest entertainer I’ve ever known. He had magic. He was a genius. He was also a really good person, and when you got to know him, you realized how smart he was. He was brilliant. We were at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City. There were thousands of people literally crushing us. We had 20 bodyguards, but it was really dangerous. He dropped to his knees and started crawling to the exit. He did it so routinely, I thought he fell. And I said, “Michael, is it always like this?” He goes, “Yeah, this is nothing. Japan is much worse.”

michael-jackson-donald-trump.jpg

Source: http://michaeljackson-tributes.com/2009/06/30/donald-trump-remembers-michael-jackson/

MJ is leasing the cows for cash

With the patience of an angel he answered the questions during the deposition in the Marc Schaffel lawsuit. The funny part is when MJ explains how he gets 'greenbag, folding money' at Neverland. Unfortunately the video breaks off rather abruptly, hopefully someone will upload a longer version with the beginning where he has to state his name for the record. As if someone would not know who he is!

With the patience of an angel he answered the questions during the deposition in the Marc Schaffel lawsuit. The funny part is when MJ explains how he gets 'greenbag, folding money' at Neverland. Unfortunately the video breaks off rather abruptly, hopefully someone will upload a longer version with the beginning where he has to state his name for the record. As if someone would not know who he is!

I love this one, he isn't going to be pushed around. "I told you!", love it! :D

ON ANIMAL PLANET ON JUNE 22TH
This one was not in the air yet, but let's hope it will be a good moment for people from outside, especially for children and for very young ones, to discover his soul and his nature.
:angel:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...kson-documentary-four-originals-in-june/8650/

I picture this way: children or the whole family watching from pure curiosity or accidentally, and while seeing his kindness, and his sensitive way to interact with the animals, they will become more interested in seeing him in his loving-humanity side... to become more symphatetic with his free spirit and creativity, partially gained from observing nature... Don't you think? Then, after watching, children speaking with their parents about who is Michael and if the parents were not to understand him, children will see deeper and mirror in that situation.

Children feel easier the true nature of a person, the same as animals do.
:wub:

Another site confirms the news: :clapping:

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/05/05/...entary-michael-jackson-and-bubbles-the-chimp/

On June 22 at 10 p.m., Animal Planet will air a special about Michael Jackson and his beloved chimp, Bubbles. Information surrounding the special is limited but we do know the working title is “Michael Jackson and Bubbles the Chimp.”

The Futon Critic broke the story and Ecorazzi verified the information with the Animal Planet publicity department who provided the following additional information:

“Join us for a documentary about the close relationship between Michael Jackson and Bubbles the Chimp. Bubbles became the world’s most famous chimpanzee while he was in Jackson’s life. Unseen footage and stories of Jackson and Bubbles will be revealed through those who witnessed their relationship.”

Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.

He certainly had tons of patience cuz the guy who asked him the questions is really annoying. Poor Michael, what he had to endure.

LL Cool J: Michael Jackson was a Funny Guy

LL-Cool-J-art.jpg

I've been listening to Michael Jackson since I was born. I watched The Jackson 5 cartoon and had the pajamas with the feet in the bottom that I'd wear while listening to "Dancing Machine."

The first time I met him was when I went to see him perform at Giants stadium. I was 18 years old and if I remember correctly, it was either one of my publicists or someone in the industry that hooked it up. I was definitely excited to meet him and when we talked, I told him I had loved his music since ‘a buh-buh buh buh-buh.' I started singing that song A-B-C and he started laughing. He was a real cool guy.

Me and Michael definitely had a friendly relationship. We recorded in the studio on quite a few different occasions. I remember one time in the studio, he was sitting up on the piano and I just sat there like a student talking with him about the "Smooth Criminal "video. He was explaining to me how he did that one dance move when he leans forward and joked that he had an Indian swami come in and do a ritual to make it happen. He had me going for like an hour and then he told me he was just kidding. He was a funny guy. I have other funny moments like that, but I don't want to make them too public. I'd rather keep them to myself. I will say, though, in the studio, he was very lighthearted and free and open to the creative process. He's a perfectionist, but he understood that true musical freedom and creativity comes from not being too serious.

After working in the studio and hanging out a few times, I approached him about clearing a sample of "Lady In My Life" for my song "Hey Lover." Him, Rod Temperton and Quincy Jones cleared a sample on my song. It was very well known that he didn't clear a lot of samples, so that was a big deal. I won a Grammy for that song and Michael made that possible for me.

He told me once that "Around the Way Girl" was one of his favorite songs because he like that ‘you got me shook up, shook down, shook out allyour lovin'...' , [which is from the Mary Janes Girls' "All Night Long,"] you know.

He made top-notch music for 40 years straight. He created a soundtrack to every part of our lives. He's like a bookmarker for a lot of people's lives. His music will continue to live on because he's a great artist. People should remember him as a guy who was truly gifted and shared the rewards of his gifts with others."

6zycr6.jpg

Read more: http://www1.essence.com/news_entert...michael_jackson_was_a_funny_guy#ixzz0nAxYdfkz

Courage (Written by Michael Jackson)

Its curious what takes courage and what doesnt. When I step out on stage in front of thousands of people, I dont feel that Im being brave. It can take much more courage to express true feelings to one person. When I think of courage, I think of the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz. He was always running away from danger. He often cried and shook with fear. But he was also sharing his real feelings with those he loved, even though he didnt always like those feelings

That takes real courage, the courage to be intimate. Expressing your feelings is not the same as falling apart in front of someone else — its being accepting and true to your heart, whatever it may say. When you have the courage to be intimate, you know who you are, and youre willing to let others see that. Its scary, because you feel so vulnerable, so open to rejection. But without self-acceptance, the other kind of courage, the kind heroes show in movies, seems hollow.
In spite of the risks, the courage to be honest and intimate opens the way to self-discovery. It offers what we all want, the promise of love

**DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**
(published 1992)

My Friend Michael Jackson
By Charlie Ray

There are some subjects it is unwise to disagree with popular opinion about. Politics, religion, and Michael Jackson are on that list of taboo subjects. However; I have something of a reputation for rushing in where some folks fear to tread. And, I feel a certain obligation to defend my friend, Michael.

In private conversations with music industry friends I have expressed my opinions concerning Michael's legal problems. Some people have said I am defending "unacceptable behavior." I disagree and point out he was never convicted. I maintain and defend my opinion.

My relationship with Michael began as business based. I promoted two of his albums. "Thriller" has been the largest selling album of all time for many years. I predict it will continue selling almost unbelievable numbers of copies for many years to come. I promoted both, "Thriller" and "Bad."

I began our relationship with large amounts of respect and admiration for his talent, showmanship, dedication to his fans, and his innate knowledge of the entertainment industry. His business savvy greatly exceeded his age. As time went on, I developed both a strong fondness for him and a lot of concern for his total inability to recognize envy, greed, and uncontrolled ambition in other people.

Michael grew up in a surreal fairy tale world. When he was only five years old, he was touring with The Jackson Five. He quickly became a child star. Everything he could dream of except a normal childhood was there for him. He was loved and pampered by everyone around him. He saw hundreds of millions of adoring fans populating his entire universe. He could do no wrong. No harm could befall him. Goodness and mercy surrounded him.

As he grew older, he applied his business skills and became one of the world's super wealthy. Older more experienced people advised him against paying $600 million for the publishing rights to the early Beetles music catalog. Nobody had ever paid nearly as much for publishing rights. He followed his gut and went against their advice. It has proven to be a very astute business move. His many decisions concerning the composition, production, presentation, and promotion of "Thriller" were equally astute.

His downfall and early death sprang from that same fairy tale life. He had more than enough money to buy anything he could imagine. There was nobody for him to envy. He had it all. He was by nature a truly considerate and compassionate person. He had achieved his amazing success without harming anyone. He had lived in a world that was sheltered and isolated from mean and angry people.

The negative emotions of fear, envy, greed, and uncontrolled ambitions were alien concepts to him. He had never been the carrier or victim of such thoughts and feelings. He understood the meaning of those concepts the same way most people understand war. They were bad things that happened far away to people he did not know. They existed in a world he had never been exposed to.

I tried to explain bad people to him. I told him there are two ways to have the tallest tree in town. Loving people do so, by planting, nurturing, and caring for their trees. Maladjusted, angry, envious, blindly ambitious, and bitter people do so by cutting down everyone else's tall trees. He just shot me that famous smile, rolled his eyes, and said, "You should have more faith in our fellow man."

Michael loved people. He especially loved children. He enjoyed being around children. It provided a vicarious way of experiencing the "normal" childhood he never experienced. Children shared an innocence his fairy tale life had left intact within him. Other adults had lost that innocence. The advice I offered proved my own fall from grace. I and those who offered similar warnings were cynical and unable to see all the love and beauty surrounding him and each of us.

Michael's first exposure to the evil side of people was the original accusation of child molestation. In his mind, it was a very rare aberration. It was not indicative of people in general. He adopted the Christly response of, "Forgive them, Father. They know not what they do." He responded to the parents' greed with loving kindness. He gave them a few million dollars. Perhaps; it would allow them to grow, be happy, and lay down their ways of sin. If nothing else; it would teach them how insignificant a few million dollars were.

I tried to warn him the out of court settlement marked him as an easy target for similar people. I said other greedy parents would be willing to use their children to extort greater amounts. He had not lost his faith in love and goodness. The fact two poor misguided parents had given in to greed did not mean others would behave in a similar fashion.

I pointed out the long established career paths of many politicians. The successful prosecution of celebrities has taken many unscrupulous blindly ambitious politicians into higher more powerful offices. Power hunger has driven bad people to do anything imaginable to acquire and abuse power over ever increasing numbers of regular people. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Prosecuting attorneys have near absolute power.

Of course; it did happen again. Another set of parents was willing to rob their child of innocence. Another power hungry prosecutor viciously used Michael in a bid for higher office. The international broadcast news media used his misfortune to raise audience ratings. They joined in the effort to smear what was left of his reputation. They became foul smelling vultures feasting on the bleeding flesh of a magnificent and graceful antelope.

Michael won the battle, but lost his faith in the fundamental goodness of humanity. He left the country of his birth. He changed his entire life. He ran to avoid the next accusation and trial. He knew it would come, if he remained here. This country he loved so much was no longer safe. He knew would be tormented by a long string of prosecuting attorneys. Each seeking to be the one who put that "menace to society" behind bars.

I fully expected the international media report his death was linked to drug abuse. It was linked. However; I know the true cause of his death. My friend died from a broken heart. He could not live in the vicious greedy world he was immersed in. The exposure to greed, envy, and run away ambition came too late in life. He never had a chance to develop the immunity most of us develop at a much younger age.

His death has deprived our world of a great talent, a truly kind and generous person, and the most innocent adult I have ever known. I hope the parents and prosecutors who did this to us find themselves in the worse part of Dante's Inferno.

As a closing comment I am compelled to say, "Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

http://ezinearticles.com/?My-Friend-Michael-Jackson&id=3309022

My Friend Michael Jackson
By Charlie Ray

I fully expected the international media report his death was linked to drug abuse. It was linked. However; I know the true cause of his death. My friend died from a broken heart. He could not live in the vicious greedy world he was immersed in. The exposure to greed, envy, and run away ambition came too late in life. He never had a chance to develop the immunity most of us develop at a much younger age.

His death has deprived our world of a great talent, a truly kind and generous person, and the most innocent adult I have ever known. I hope the parents and prosecutors who did this to us find themselves in the worse part of Dante's Inferno.

As a closing comment I am compelled to say, "Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

http://ezinearticles.com/?My-Friend-Michael-Jackson&id=3309022

These parts made me cry.....:cry: Especially the bolded part....

Michael Jackson was also in British Kids Comic - As Doomlord (1988)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Michael Jackson was also in British Kids comics - as Doomlord! (1988)

Being ubiquitous, Michael Jackson even managed to infiltrate the UK comics scene in the 1980s. It's true - here he is in issue 391 of the (then) newly merged Eagle and Battle comic (February 1988).

michaeljacksonisdoomlord.jpg

Click on the picture to enlarge and read the text

Source: http://www.comicbookreview.co.uk/2009/06/michael-jackson-was-also-in-british.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Comic Book Facts related to Michael:

* His favorite comic book figures are: Spiderman, Batman and Morph of the X-men

* His ideal woman would also love comic books and own them ( :blush: awww mike, thanks, i agree! Love comics!)

At 1:53 Michael is asked which comic book character he would like to be. Let the man tell you himself. This was a simulchat with fans in 1995

Last edited:
Michael Jackson tours digital animation studio Stan Lee

In the year 2000 Michael Jackson and his then-manager John McClain toured Stan Lee's digital animation studios and Michael asked Stan Lee if he would help him run Marvel, should he buy Marvel Comics.

Two questions for you:
- what is the image on the poster ?
- Is the drawing MJ made and signed somewhere online so we can see it ?
Please post info or links to the relevant website, thanks!

Michael Jackson : RIP King of Pop - Exeter City Fan

Michael%20Jackson3-thumb-357x450-92.jpg

One of the saddest days for generations brought up on the Jackson 5 and his solo albums. I grew up on his music. It was at every dance party, every radio station. Billie Jean, Thriller, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Beat It. MTV's airplay of Billie Jean was a key to their 80's success. The last four decades were a living testimony to the King of Pop's genius.

Michael Jackson was a unique voice, a brilliant musician, a mesmerizing dancer, and a consummate showman. His music touched us all.

He was also a soccer fan. One of his associations with soccer came from his friendship with Mohammed Al Fayed, the owner of Fulham and of Harrods. In an interview with the Daily Mirror in April 1999, Jackson talks about his discovery.

Speaking of their recent trip to a European Football game Michael spoke of his newly discovered love for the sport, "I knew nothing about soccer and I've never been to any sporting event, so it was a great experience for me. I'm a soccer fan now, definitely. I'm addicted. It was so exciting and passionate - the fans were like the people who come to my concerts. They were screaming and shouting and cheering their players on. I loved it. I wanted to jump up and start dancing because I'm used to performing on stage when I hear all that noise. The fans were great, although they seemed pretty surprised to see me. I have no doubt that Fulham will be promoted, they seemed a really good team with a great spirit. I met all the players and they were so kind to me."

When the interviewer, Piers Morgan, informed Michael about a team that was up for sale, the gears in the head of Michael Jackson - business man, began to turn, "I don't know them, but I'd love to get involved with one of the big teams if it was right to do so. How much are they?" He was told the asking price was 6 hundred million. "Dollars or pounds?" He was told it was pounds, and after a long pause he answered, "That's interesting, very interesting. I'll have a think about that. It sounds intriguing. I'm astounded by how much I enjoyed the soccer, that's for sure."

The other connection was his friendship with Uri Geller, the eccentric telekinesis guru. Jackson served on the board of Exeter City in 2002 as a honorary director on a recommendation made by Geller. Jackson as a member could take part in boardroom proceedings, make transfer decisions, see games for free, and travel on the teams bus for away games.

"When I asked him what does he know about football he said 'absolutely nothing but I love Exeter City,'" said Geller.

"We did this out of respect. He put Exeter City on the international map."

The following year third division Exeter City, was relegated to the Conference. Since then they have improved their fortunes and this season were promoted to League One.

Michael Jackson was planning a comeback with a series of 50 London concerts planned starting July 13 and running until March 2010. Tickets for the concerts had sold out within minutes of going on sale in March.

Source: http://www.soccerblog.com/2009/06/michael-jackson-rip-the-king-o.htm

Pure Innocence

Whoever uploaded the video on Youtube said it very well "This is my tribute to MJ's pureness and his love for children."
So much inspiration he received from being around children, so much to give to them: joy, laughter, time, money. The armband on his sleeve is also a testimony to that and it touches my heart and makes me love him even more, if that is possible!

Pure Innocence

Whoever uploaded the video on Youtube said it very well "This is my tribute to MJ's pureness and his love for children."
So much inspiration he received from being around children, so much to give to them: joy, laughter, time, money. The armband on his sleeve is also a testimony to that and it touches my heart and makes me love him even more, if that is possible!
Beautiful video! :wub:

It is possible to love more Michael? Yes, and always will be, increasingly every day. :wub:

The name Michael Jackson

First of all: there can only be one Michael Joseph ( Joe) Jackson, King of Pop.
And I felt a hole in my soul after June 25th, 2009.
Michael Jackson made me complete and I didn't even know it!
That tells us we need to treasure each other and tell each other we love them. :heart:

I found these fun facts on a website:

Michael Jacksonthe US There are 5,230 people with the name "Michael Jackson" in the United States.
Top cities for this name
Bakersfield, CA (9)
Columbia, SC (9)
Colorado Springs, CO (7)
Columbus, GA (7)
Chicago, IL (69)
Akron, OH (6)
Albany, GA (6)
Cape Coral, FL (6)
Canton, MS (6)
Athens, GA (6)
View all people (5,230) >Ranking in the US
Name Rank
Michael 4
Jackson 18
Michael Jackson 363

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choose a state Distribution across the US

Michael.Jackson.US.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael, Jackson, Meaning of the name

(male) English form of a common biblical name (meaning ‘who is like God?’ in Hebrew) borne by one of the archangels, the protector of the ancient Hebrews, who is also regarded as a saint of the Catholic Church. In the Middle Ages, Michael was regarded as captain of the heavenly host (see Revelation 12:7–9), symbol of the Church Militant, and patron of soldiers. He was often depicted bearing a flaming sword. The name is also borne by a Persian prince and ally of Belshazzar mentioned in the Book of Daniel. Since the early 1900s it has been one of the most enduringly popular boys' names in the English-speaking world. See also Michal.

Cognates: Irish: Mícheál. Scottish Gaelic: Mìcheal. Welsh: Meical, Mihangel. German: Michael. Dutch: Michaël, Machiel. Scandinavian: Mikael. Danish, Norwegian: Mikkel. French: Michel. Spanish, Portuguese: Miguel. Catalan: Miquel. Italian: Michele. Russian: Mikhail. Polish: Michał. Czech: Michal. Croatian: Mihovil. Serbian: Mihajlo. Slovenian: Mihael. Finnish: Mikko. Hungarian: Mihály.

Short forms: Mike, Mick.

Pet forms: Mick(e)y, Mikey.

Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu - Michael Jackson

I Just Can't Stop Loving You - sung in Spanish with Siedah Garrett during the Dangerous Tour.

Michael Jackson, who's now at the half-century mark. Certainly goes down as one of the greatest recording artists of all time! Selling over 750 million albums and winning over 13 Grammys, Breaking a new world record has now become second nature to The King of Pop!

The Jackson 5 Era

michaeljackson05.jpg

Born in the eastern suburbs of Chicago(Gary, Indiana), Michael popped out Aug. 29th, 1958 as the seventh of ten children. Seven boys and three girls. Father Joseph was a hard-working bread-winner for the family. A full-time blue-collar Crane-Operator for the U.S. Steel Company. While Katherine stayed at home to take care of her kids.

At the tender age of five, Michael expressed a keen interest in joining his elder brothers. Joseph had already coordinated Jackie, Tito, and Jermaine into a band in what was then labeled "The Jackson Brothers". But after a recital one Christmas, his father immediately drafted him in. The Jackson Five had now become The Jackson 5!

These boys were the last great thing to come off the Motown assembly line! They scoured 4 #1 hits! "I Want You Back", "The Love You Save" "I'll Be There", and "ABC" were their names! Never before had anyone done that within a year! Especially from one album-Also titled "ABC". Michael had his first taste of what it's like to break new records! Marking the beginning of the 70's-An age full of Funk.

A year later, Michael endeavored to go solo-But only part time as he continued his role in The Jackson Five. Sounds to the tune of "Got To Be There", "Ben", and "Music and Me" gave him more recognition then a mere Bubblegum mascot from Motown. "Ben" earned a spot for a soundtrack on a horror film about a boy who befriends a rat bent on destruction.

As Time marched on, "Dancing Machine" inaugurated the beginnings of what all boys go through-Puberty! Little did we know his vocals were being molded into something spectacular! But it would not be until Motown's shackles were loosed. That Michael received more rein to express that creativity more fully.

The Jackson's Era

200px-thewiz.jpg

After dwindling in the mid 70's, "The Jackson 5" joined CBS which eventually became Epic records under Frank Dileo. Motown would not let go of their title so the boys were forced to settle with a simpler logo-Namely that of "The Jacksons. But it wasn't until "Destiny" that inspiration started flowing through Michael's vains. Songs like "Blame It On The Boogie", "Can You Feel It", and "Shake Your Body", were penned by Mr. Jackson alongside his younger brother Randy. But Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff did an outstanding job crafting "Enjoy Yourself".

By 1978, Michael auditioned and won a spot for a funkadelic take on "The Wizard of Oz" simply rendered "The Wiz". Which brought forth more solo tunes like "Ease On Down The Road", and "You Can't Win", jointly engineered by Smalley. That's when he first bumped into Quincy Jones. Who would later work with Michael Jackson on fully establishing a solo career.

Off The Wall Era

michaeljackson15.jpg

Many die-hard fans of Michael Jackson were mesmerized! Four singles struck the top 10 at once(another record)! The tiltedly Disco "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough", that soulful rhythm to "Off The Wall", and crispy vocals of "Rock With You". That deep and vulnerable "She's Out of My Life" I believe all contributed to that Billboard feat. Earning him a Grammy for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance among other awards in 1980.

But whatever "Off The Wall" accomplished would be dwarfed in comparison to the meatloaf of his career!

Thriller Era

200px-thrillertitlecard.jpg

This time around, Mr. Jackson was dead serious in becoming the next big thing since 1964. Many in the industry thought the days of Beatlemania, Elvis fanaticism, and Sinatra craze were over. However, Michael felt there was still room for more. Both Q and him spent eight months scrutinizing each track under the microscope of perfection. Making sure everything was just right. In fact, everytime CBS/Epic called to see how the album was going, Michael always vouched for more time. "An album is like a sculpture...A work of art...You cannot rush it"-(from Moonwalk The Autobiography). May I introduce you to the Guinness giant "Thriller"!

"Thriller's" resurrecting dance horror, "Billie Jean's" sensational storyline of a groupie, and "Beat It's" streetwise edge laid the foundation for a new marketing ploy-The art of music video.

Coincidentally, MTV was also rising out of obscurity. Thanks to Michael Jackson, they are now the nations #1 T.V. spot for pop music. Once and for all fully integrating black and white stars. Michael paved the way for other African Americans to have an equal chance to become big in show-business.

But what literally knocked off our socks was "The Moonwalk"! That night millions were stuck, glued to their television sets! Completely taken away by the shear energy. Clearly nothing this exiting had ever occurred since "The Beatles"! The day after, Michael Jackson was plastered all over the mediasphere! "Did you see what happened last night!" Exclaimed anchors from all around the world! "I haven't had so much fun since "The Ed Sullivan Show"!

The best selling single of all time came just three years later. Out of utter concern for millions starving in Ethiopia, Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie wrote "We Are The World". A charity single inspired by "Band-Aid". A similar project that took place a few years prier. As much as 35 artists all contributed their vocals to the track. Quincy Jones orchestrated the whole event. Now Michael's humanitarian colors were beginning to show.

Clearly, Michael couldn't stay as part of "The Jackson's". Or risk outshining his brothers. To resolve that from happening, Michael endeavored to go solo the whole 9 yards. Yet before leaving, he agreed to go on one more tour with his brothers. But a lot of new fans were only interested in Victory because of Michael Jackson.

The Bad Era

michaeljackson02.jpg

"Captain Eo" set the stage for what would become Mr. Jackson's "Bad Album". Bringing his own spin on relevancy to what would eventually be termed "New Jack Swing". A mixture of Jazz, Soul, and R&B with a little bit of Hip-Hop mingled in. Though it took awhile for the King of Pop to embrace the latter genera.

Westley Snipes stared as a gangster in "Bad". Tatiana was featured in the bar-shattering "The Way You Make Me Feel". No one could forget Stevie wonder's uptight duet "Just Good Friends" or innocent Siedah Garret's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". Clearly, he was still number one in a lot of peoples minds despite his evolving image.

No, it did not become the next best-seller. Yet this baby managed to spit out 6 #1 hits(a feat unsurpassed to this day)! Plus the subsequent tour amassed more money then any before it. Making "The Gloved One" the richest recording artist of all time!

By this time, he purchased a 3-4,000 acre golf course and transformed it into his very own dream home-Neverland Valley Ranch. With the helpful insight of Macaulay Culkin, Michael Jackson created his own little world complete with rides, arcades, a movie theater, you name it! All specially designed for underprivileged and terminally ill children.

By 1989, Michael hit the big screens again. Casting in his very own film "Moonwalker". Staring other notables including Joe Pesci and John Lennon's very own son Sean Lennon! The film featured all new music videos including "Smooth Criminal" interwoven right into the films rising action. Don't forget the clamated "Speed Demon" or the media satire "Leave Me Alone". "Thriller" aside, this is also why I became a Michael Jackson freak!

As a growing artist, Michael wanted to experiment with more new sounds. Thus, he parted ways with Legendary producer Quincy Jones to dig further into the sounds of "New Jack Swing".

The Dangerous Era

michaeljackson08.jpg

Dangerous". The best selling "New Jack Swing" album of all time!

"Remember The Time", [oclor=blue]"Black Or White"[/color], "Heal The World", and "Will You Be There" further proves that we did not mistake dubbing him the King of Pop! Same goes for those high-sounding factory beats of "Dangerous"

and "In The Closet" among others! "Black Or White" alone drew in record-breaking audiences from all nationalities under one air wave! The half-time on the Super Bowl made him the most famous person who ever lived in modern history! The Michael Jackson special with Oprah Winfrey was the most watched interview of all time!

There were quite a hand full of celebrities who collaborated for Michael's "Dangerous project". Macaulay Culkin, George Wendt, and Tess Harper stared as father, mother, and son on the opening of "Black Or White". Michael Jordan learned a thing or two on "Jam". Naomi Campbell danced barefoot, flirting with Michael to the brink for the music video "In The Closet". Iman, Magic Johnson, and Eddie Murphy tried to keep step on "Remember The Time".

In 1993, Mr. Jackson released "Dangerous: The Short Films" for VHS. Which sold like hot candy! But still nowhere's near the epitome of "Thriller"!

Michael Jackson unintentionally shunned Frank Dileo and signed onto a new label with Tony Mottola as the Executive of Sony Entertainment. Believed to be the biggest deal ever made in the music industry! Unfortunately, Michael's naivety would cost him dearly in the years to come.

Michael ever wanting to expand, searched for new sounds to go along with his next album.

The History Era

michaeljackson07.jpg

Janet Jacksons producers Terry Lewis and Jimmie Jam were just the right ones for the ticket. He also enlisted Nephew Austin Brown and R. Kelly as miner producers. Through their combined efforts with the King of Pop, The album "HIstory-Yesterday, Today, and Forever" emerged on the scene! Accompanied by a grandiose teaser from a theater near you. "History" achieved rank as the best-selling double-disc set of all time.

"Scream" threw us all on urban edge with Janet and Michael raging frustrations over the corrupt nature of yellow journalism. The same went for "They Don't Really Care About Us". Portraying a Michael Jackson forced behind bars by the circus-raving tabloids. "2 Bad", "Tabloid Junkie", "D.S.", and "This Time Around" clearly showed us a picture of Michael Jackson The Protester!

The History World Tour shattered old records from his previous "Bad" tour. Making him even richer! Grossing in nearly $200.000.000(USD). Keeping his status as the richest entertainer of all time.

By 1997, a third extension to "History" was launched. "Blood On The Dance Floor-History In The Mix". With it, 2 more records were smashed! First of all, the extension became a remixed best-seller! Second, his work with Steven King "Ghosts" cost more to make and was longer then any other music video in history!

After it was all said and done, Michael settled at home with his wife and children. Not coming back on the scene until after the dawn of the new millennium.

The Invincible​

200px-mjinvincible.jpg

Michael and Sony had a falling-out throughout the albums production. But despite this, "Invincible" reached #1 in over 13 countries at once! Breaking another world record! For a half-hearted album with a few missing touches here or there, I've got to admit that was an awesome feat!

Chris Rock and The Godfather joint ventured for a music video entitled "You Rock My World". With a single to go along with it. Reaching #1 along with "Butterflies". "Heaven Can Wait" became a radio sensation nationwide! despite there being no single attached.

In Madison Square Garden, The Jackson's got back together for the first time in 15 years! Many contemporaries joined in to celebrate Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Concert! Wrapping the whole ordeal with a solo performance by Michael Jackson himself!

In the wake of 9/11, Michael hosted a charity concert "United We Stand: What More Can I Give". A sing-along much like "We Are The World" with all the proceeds going to help victims rebuild from ground zero.

Despite Sony's refusal to promote his much anticipated comeback, Michael Jackson still managed to break a few records and supersede his contemporaries.

Conclusion​

images.jpg

What will his new album be called? When will it come out? Is "Thriller 25" any indication or an altogether different project? What records will he smash this time around? Questions like these are on many peoples minds as they wait anxiously for a much deserved return unto the limelight! Michael Jackson has commented that he won't retire anytime soon but want's to steer his career more towards the filming industry(after releasing his upcoming studio album).

On June 25th 2009. After announcing the beginnings of a comeback tour in London(titled This Is It), Michael passed away at the age of 50 due to medical malpractice in his Homby Hills Estate. Propofol along with Benzodizapenes were found in his system(though not in excessive quantities).

A memorial service was held in his honor on July 7th. Yet his body never found a final resting place until September 4th when his funeral was held at The Ascension Windows sarcophagus at The Holly Terrace Cemetery.

Through many years to come, Michael Jackson will always be remembered as a Moonwalking "Thriller" with a child-like persona! Surely he was the King of Pop!

Last edited:
Michael Jackson & Ladies (State of Shock ft Mick Jagger)

Michael loved beautiful women, or should I say "bootyfull" women ?
He was a real player who loved to flirt, despite being shy when younger.
Oh Mike, looks like you're having a real good time, right ?

:moonwalk:

Michael Jackson & Ladies (State of Shock ft Mick Jagger)

Michael loved beautiful women, or should I say "bootyfull" women ?
He was a real player who loved to flirt, despite being shy when younger.
Oh Mike, looks like you're having a real good time, right ?

:moonwalk:
Does anybody have the picture at 1:33 where he is applying make-up on the girl?

Farewell My Summer Love - Michael Jackson

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful man, inside and out, accompanied by one of his own songs. What more could I possibly wish for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back