Quincy Jones says that Michael KILLED HIMSELF.

To say if either MJ or Prince were gay it would be Prince... lol! as fem as Prince looked, he was a stud.. he went through women and did not hide it. He got more @$$ than a toilet seat! he was fem looking but not gay at alllll!

To say if either MJ or Prince were gay it would be Prince... lol! as fem as Prince looked, he was a stud.. he went through women and did not hide it. He got more @$$ than a toilet seat! he was fem looking but not gay at alllll!

Not saying that either one of them were gay, but being seen publicly with women does not negate that someone could be gay or bisexual.

I notice that many people (especially Prince fans) will say the same thing that you said in order to "prove" that Prince was straight and somehow better then Michael because of it, which is extremely hypocritical because both Michael and Prince were feminine to a certain extent, but because Michael wasn't publicly with a new woman every week he is made out to be gay and weird.
TBH if Prince or anyone else insinuates that Michael was gay as an insult it speaks volumes about them and not about Michael (who actually stated he wasn't gay).

I know you weren't doing this, but it irks me when people trot out all of the women Prince was with to make him seem cooler, more manly, and not weird in comparison to Michael.

*Steps off of soap box*

Prince fans say that about Prince because he was smooth with the ladies.. They've seen it! has nothing to do with Michael or being better than Michael..

look I am MUCHHHHHH more of a fan of Mikes than Prince. Michael would squash prince in many respects.. But I have to say that Prince was smooth, you hear him talk, you watch him flirt... It's smooth! Michael did not have that same... well like we all have said, when it comes to sexuality it's deeper more complex with him.

That says nothing about musical talent.. If you know Prince you know his crazy times with women! that's it, it's not a defending or being a "fan:" thing. Even other rockers have mentioned envy over the women Prince has been with..

Prince fans say that about Prince because he was smooth with the ladies.. They've seen it! has nothing to do with Michael or being better than Michael..

look I am MUCHHHHHH more of a fan of Mikes than Prince. Michael would squash prince in many respects.. But I have to say that Prince was smooth, you hear him talk, you watch him flirt... It's smooth! Michael did not have that same... well like we all have said, when it comes to sexuality it's deeper more complex with him.

That says nothing about musical talent.. If you know Prince you know his crazy times with women! that's it, it's not a defending or being a "fan:" thing. Even other rockers have mentioned envy over the women Prince has been with..

Mike was as Smooth Criminal (pun intended) himself. :)
He was extremely sexually attractive (to me and to many other women), and didn't have any problem attracting women.
Just listening to his voice can be a huge turn on.
Hell, he had men fainting left and right.

Overall, I think that many people can't come to grips with the fact that Michael was/is VERY sexy because he was/is so unique. :yes:

Oh, and I wasn't saying that you think Prince is better then Michael, or anything like that.

I guess BOTH men liked/loved women a lot, but just in a different way :)

Michael was smooth in his own way. He knew what he was doing, lol.

[youtube]yVCTYwxlsP8[/youtube]

Each to their own. As a straight woman Prince could not have been smooth enough for me to become more attractive than MJ. LOL.

The fact is, if it wasn't for MJ insisting on Quincy working on OTW, large swathes of the world world wouldn't know who the senile old duffer was.

Quincy had some success in a minority music genre, Jazz, before his monumental success with MJ. Big deal.

Songs like 'Billie Jean' would have been huge with or without Quincy, as you can hear from the demo. Would Quincy even be talked about these days, without his success with MJ? Doubt it.

Lock him in a home for the senile and throw away the key, before we're subjected to any more of his nonsense.

Mj was subtle. A total flirt when you watch videos of him on set etc

:lol:

This has another "Eddie does Michael". From 1:40

HAHA from now on, that's how I'm going to pretend Michael acted out of the public eye :lol: (he literally did say something to the effect of "moonwalk all over their asses" in one interview early 2000s! ;))

Also I find it really interesting that in interviews Quincy has no problems branding MJ, Prince as addicts and even called Ray Charles a junkie......and yet is full of high praise for Marlon Brando whom he has call "brother" despite all the personal drama surrounding his life.

To me, Michael was a gentlemen aka nice guy.

Not saying that either one of them were gay, but being seen publicly with women does not negate that someone could be gay or bisexual.

I notice that many people (especially Prince fans) will say the same thing that you said in order to "prove" that Prince was straight and somehow better then Michael because of it, which is extremely hypocritical because both Michael and Prince were feminine to a certain extent, but because Michael wasn't publicly with a new woman every week he is made out to be gay and weird.
TBH if Prince or anyone else insinuates that Michael was gay as an insult it speaks volumes about them and not about Michael (who actually stated he wasn't gay).

I know you weren't doing this, but it irks me when people trot out all of the women Prince was with to make him seem cooler, more manly, and not weird in comparison to Michael.

*Steps off of soap box*
I agree. Also, not all men need to do what Prince did to women. Some men are gentlemen and do not want to be labeled a wh@#e.

Last edited:
In my opinion some people take this thing between MJ and Prince way too seriously... It's ok if Prince has something on MJ, who cares? I feel confident in MJ's artistic ability and personality enough not to think it's a big deal if Prince was smoother with the ladies..

He admitted himself he has never asked a girl out, has spoken about his uncomforts around women and it's no secret that most of his life he was super shy.. I saw him as the type to be very warm and charming when you got to know him but when you're 'picking up a lady' that's a different story..

He's admitted he's not a romantic type, in fact if my memory surves me right he stated that he was 'selfish' in that way, that he's too focused on his work, children, and what he finds important to give women the attention they need..

But, of course many fans are going to say he's 'smooth'... I just don't see him that way, I see him more as a warm hearted person that is just a joy to be around.. to be honest most 'smooth guys' are not that way.. being smooth is not always a complementary thing.. I know a few guys that are extra 'smooth', and I 'll admit it is very cool at first.. but once you peal those layers, it's empty.. Michael is not that, he's genuine

In my opinion some people take this thing between MJ and Prince way too seriously... It's ok if Prince has something on MJ, who cares? I feel confident in MJ's artistic ability and personality enough not to think it's a big deal if Prince was smoother with the ladies..

He admitted himself he has never asked a girl out, has spoken about his uncomforts around women and it's no secret that most of his life he was super shy.. I saw him as the type to be very warm and charming when you got to know him but when you're 'picking up a lady' that's a different story..

He's admitted he's not a romantic type, in fact if my memory surves me right he stated that he was 'selfish' in that way, that he's too focused on his work, children, and what he finds important to give women the attention they need..

But, of course many fans are going to say he's 'smooth'... I just don't see him that way, I see him more as a warm hearted person that is just a joy to be around.. to be honest most 'smooth guys' are not that way.. being smooth is not always a complementary thing.. I know a few guys that are extra 'smooth', and I 'll admit it is very cool at first.. but once you peal those layers, it's empty.. Michael is not that, he's genuine

So what is your definition of "smooth"? Knows how to get women? I am pretty sure MJ could get as many women as he wanted. It's just that he had pretty high standards. He was not going to marry stalker fans like Prince did, for example (Mayte). He could have had his own Mayte in women like Shana Mangatal but he did not want it - and I actually respect him for that. Marrying a fan is kind of an easy prey IMO, I don't consider that smooth. LOL. It's just that MJ had different standards when it came to women and relationships IMO. At the end of the day both ended up alone, single, so it is not like Prince had it better.

But if MJ wanted a woman he could get it - even women who by their own accounts other men felt intimidated by. Lisa Marie said that many men usually felt intimidated by her, but with MJ he was the one who initiated things. And that despite of her being married. So I don't think MJ had any problems picking up and charming a woman if he wanted to. Hell, he had women being so thirsty for him that they spent a lifetime of hoplessly chasing him around (see Shana). Or see Tatiana being after him. Even Lisa could never get over him and I suspect she is still in love with him. Or see supermodels giving him their phone numbers like that model at that birthday even in 2003 who slipped her phone number in his hand while they shook hands. LOL. How was the guy not "smooth" when he had women go that crazy for him and throwing themselves at him left and right? And not just fans, but famous women, models etc. LOL.

Last edited:
So what is your definition of "smooth"? Knows how to get women? I am pretty sure MJ could get as many women as he wanted. It's just that he had pretty high standards. He was not going to marry stalker fans like Prince did, for example (Mayte). He could have had his own Mayte in women like Shana Mangatal but he did not want it - and I actually respect him for that. Marrying a fan is kind of an easy prey IMO, I don't consider that smooth. LOL. It's just that MJ had different standards when it came to women and relationships IMO. At the end of the day both ended up alone, single, so it is not like Prince had it better.

But if MJ wanted a woman he could get it - even women who by their own accounts other men felt intimidated by. Lisa Marie said that many men usually felt intimidated by her, but with MJ he was the one who initiated things. And that despite of her being married. So I don't think MJ had any problems picking up and charming a woman if he wanted to. Hell, he had women being so thirsty for him that they spent a lifetime of hoplessly chasing him around (see Shana). Or see Tatiana being after him. Even Lisa could never get over him and I suspect she is still in love with him. Or see supermodels giving him their phone numbers like that model at that birthday even in 2003 who slipped her phone number in his hand while they shook hands. LOL. How was the guy not "smooth" when he had women go that crazy for him and throwing themselves at him left and right? And not just fans, but famous women, models etc. LOL.

Yuuuuup he was like a drug according to Shana....wait a min she plagiarized from LMP too :rofl:

I think both men, Prince and Michael were “smooth” whatever that mean, LOL. The point here is that it is not the quality Michael is famous for. He was a gentleman and private one. With Michael everything is just a guess for his fans and a mystery for general public, IMO.

As for Quincy, I have no idea why couldn’t he just peacefully working with MJ Estate? Then he would have much more attention, money and sure respect!

I still wonder what he was\is thinking about?! I guess it must be something personal against Michael, IDK. But it is my only logical explanation.

The fact is, if it wasn't for MJ insisting on Quincy working on OTW, large swathes of the world world wouldn't know who the senile old duffer was.

Quincy had some success in a minority music genre, Jazz, before his monumental success with MJ. Big deal.

Songs like 'Billie Jean' would have been huge with or without Quincy, as you can hear from the demo. Would Quincy even be talked about these days, without his success with MJ? Doubt it.

Lock him in a home for the senile and throw away the key, before we're subjected to any more of his nonsense.

Erm, I just wanna set straight that Quincy J. not only hat "some" success as a jazz musician, he was one of the leading / major figures in that genre.

Jones "[...] is an American record producer, conductor, arranger, composer, musician, television producer, film producer, instrumentalist, magazine founder, entertainment company executive, and humanitarian. His career spans six decades in the entertainment industry and a record 79 Grammy Award nominations,[SUP][/SUP] 28 Grammys, including a Grammy Legend Award in 1991. Jones came to prominence in the 1950s as a jazz arranger and conductor [...] In the 1960s, Jones worked as an arranger for some of the most important artists of the era, including Billy Eckstine, Sarah Vaughan, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nana Mouskouri, Shirley Horn, Peggy Lee, and Dinah Washington."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Jones

Also, Jazz is not a minority music genre :busted:, at least not in Europe ... Without Jazz,there would be no pop music.

Erm, I just wanna set straight that Quincy J. not only hat "some" success as a jazz musician, he was one of the leading / major figures in that genre.

Jones "[...] is an American record producer, conductor, arranger, composer, musician, television producer, film producer, instrumentalist, magazine founder, entertainment company executive, and humanitarian. His career spans six decades in the entertainment industry and a record 79 Grammy Award nominations, 28 Grammys, including a Grammy Legend Award in 1991. Jones came to prominence in the 1950s as a jazz arranger and conductor [...] In the 1960s, Jones worked as an arranger for some of the most important artists of the era, including Billy Eckstine, Sarah Vaughan, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nana Mouskouri, Shirley Horn, Peggy Lee, and Dinah Washington."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Jones

Also, Jazz is not a minority music genre :busted:, at least not in Europe ... Without Jazz,there would be no pop music.

I also just started watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Netflix and his name is plastered all over the end of the credits. Dude's partially responsible for one of the biggest shows of the early-mid '90s (and one I continue to see referenced online every once in a while).

People melted around Michael because of his charm, his heart that beams through his eyes.. than for those who got to know him, even more charm.... To me Charm and guy that's smooth are not the same.. I think of the word smooth as in slick, a lover boy.. Casanova with the women!

kind of like the stage MJ vs in person MJ.. how they were almost two different ppl.. the stage MJ was more 'smooth' to me..

With Mike to me he was very charming which attracted women and his stage persona was smooth-like which brought it all together..

From everything we've read and watched It makes it clear he was not a lover boy type of guy.. which I am glad he wasn't, it takes away from his innocence.. If he were, he would not have the same charm and characteristics

People melted around Michael because of his charm, his heart that beams through his eyes.. than for those who got to know him, even more charm.... To me Charm and guy that's smooth are not the same.. I think of the word smooth as in slick, a lover boy.. Casanova with the women!

kind of like the stage MJ vs in person MJ.. how they were almost two different ppl.. the stage MJ was more 'smooth' to me..

With Mike to me he was very charming which attracted women and his stage persona was smooth-like which brought it all together..

From everything we've read and watched It makes it clear he was not a lover boy type of guy.. which I am glad he wasn't, it takes away from his innocence.. If he were, he would not have the same charm and characteristics

I am still not sure what you mean by "smooth". A womanizer? I don't think he was a womanizer, but that's because he was looking for deeper things in a relationship than just sex. However when you say he wasn't smooth it sounds like he was lacking the ability to be as attractive to women as other men - for example, Prince - which couldn't be further from the truth. And people are not one-dimensional and MJ wasn't either. If he wanted to charm a woman he could with no effort - even women who were not that easy to impress (eg. LMP). And that doesn't take anything away from his innocence.

No doubt Michael was smooth that why the women love been around him. i envy those who got that chance.:)

Respect: I see it like this, People have different things that attract others.. It was Michaels charm that made him so attractive (aside from his look).. He was endearing, loveable, captivating, and fascinating.. That was a big part of Michaels appeal..

Just because I say I don't see MJ (off stage) as 'smooth' that doesn't mean he's less appealing.. Just means he has a different appeal..

someone smooth can walk into a place - know what to say and do to get a woman's attention
Someone charming walks into a place - and gets attention because of what that person emotes

Smooth Is like a good salesman.. That is not the only type of person that brings in business! Mike was charming beyond comprehension.

Disrespectful to Michael AND Prince to say some of the things Quincy said in the clips

Disrespectful to Michael AND Prince to say some of the things Quincy said in the clips

I honestly have no idea why he felt the need to shade Prince.

TBH people backstabbing and coming for Michael is par the course, but Prince just died and Quincy really didn't have to say what he said about him.
It was rather mean and uncalled for especially coming from someone like Quincy, and this is coming from someone that isn't a Prince fan in the least.

From a 30 Thousand foot view yeah it's easy to say either MJ and Prince got sucked into the drug addicted world of entertainment.. When you actually look into it, it's much more complex than that... there was no need to as a public figure to say what Quincy said, even if that's his view.

I didn't listen to the video, I've been listening or reading mean spirited stuff Quincy Jones said about Michael since 2005 and I've had enough. I don't know what he said about Prince but I had no idea he holds a grudge against him. What could Prince "have done" to get such venom from Q?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People will do anything 2 tarnish your name, reputation &amp; success, but they can't touch your soul. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MondayMotivation?src=hash">#MondayMotivation</a> <a href="https://t.co/nmVUJBEadQ">pic.twitter.com/nmVUJBEadQ</a></p>&mdash; Quincy Jones (@QuincyDJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/QuincyDJones/status/765196317903642624">August 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yet has no problem doing that to MJ and Prince whatever :bs

Quincy sounds senile. Both Michael Jackson and Prince were involved in the Jehovah's Witness religion. I honestly believe that there was a connection to Michael Jackson and why Prince became a Witness. Michael set a good example in the music industry and this impressed Prince. It's why you can see Michael's innocence in "This Is It." Michael read the Bible every day and took this to heart, the wise teachings of the Holy Bible, so did Prince!

Quincy Jones use to be a lot more articulate and his stories were more interesting and made sense. This radio show just shows an old, senile man who probably wishes for yester year and the glory days!

Back