Rumours of a re-release?

I knew that info even before it was discussed here.

I provided you the proof that you were wrong about Best Of Joy not being finished posthumously by Neff-U. Like the video says the song was finished (musically, like I said) posthumously by Neff-U, just like every other song on the album. No difference.

I was talking about the vocals all along. Plus, when the song's were being registered.. both execs heard all of them, including the tracks done with Will.I.Am, and another thing.. last night, i stumbled upon information that said unreleased tracks were played at a London deposition in 2008..

Plus, when the song's were being registered.. both execs heard all of them, including the tracks done with Will.I.Am, and another thing.. last night, i stumbled upon information that said unreleased tracks were played at a London deposition in 2008..

I don't think that will.i.am songs are registred. We just know the titles because Will talked about them.

Yeah, I know about the songs being played on London deposition in 2008. The songs played were:

Ferry Cross the Mersey (1964) (Gerry Marsden)
Cover Version of the famous hit by British Rock'n-Roll band Gerry & the Pacemakers. The song was prominently covered as a charity record by Liverpool artists The Christians, Holly Johnson, Paul McCartney, Gerry Marsden and SAW in May 1989 in aid of those affected by the Hillsborough disaster.
Source: court deposition in London, 2008 (a DVD was played showing Michael Jackson in the Metropolis Studio singing this song)

I Have This Dream (2005)
(Michael Jackson, Sheikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa (Prince of Bahrain))
Not to be confused with the eponymous song from 1999! The history of this song is not really clear as according to Sheikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa (Prince of Bahrain), this song was first intended to help the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake (December 26, 2004), but later aimed at the victims of Hurricane Katrina (August 23 - 31, 2005).
Source: court deposition in London, 2008 (where the song was played)

I'm Into Something Good (1964) (Gerry Goffin, Carole King)
Source: court deposition in London, 2008 (a DVD was played showing Michael Jackson in the Metropolis Studio singing this song)

Light The Way (2005)
(Michael Jackson, Sheikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa (Prince of Bahrain))
Source: court deposition in London, 2008 (where the song was mentioned)

I think credits go to Korgnex for this info. I copied it and saved it some time ago. I think it was on his list of unreleased songs.

Absolutely. But it is still Michael*s music on the CD and Michael*s name on the cover and on the charts.

Which is why I said this...

The Xscape cd was number one in 50 countries (number two in the U.S. however, that fault also lies with Estate/Sony) and still sold after the success of LNFSG died. I believe that was due to the strength of Michael*s name on the cover.

What is truly interesting is what was said to the fan forum members who were guests of Estate/Sony before the release of Xscape. Was there discussion about a third single? Was there discussion about a re-release? Were these members told there would be no true promotion after the first single???

I don*t think they should re-release anything. Leave everything the way it is.

Agreed. If Xscape was treated this shabbily, there is no hope for Xscape 2.0 getting the promotion it deserves or a chance for commercial success.

Slave should have been the first single followed by LNFSG. I think that the album would have been more successful that way. I do think the songs were over produced all of them. To change the orininal production of these songs was crazy who the hell does Timbaland think he is? This is Michael Jackson the greatest of all time. Tim will be irrelevant in a very short time. These are not songs that I will be listening to in 5 to 10 years. The demos I will continue to listen too. I realize they were aiming towards the young fans but let*s be real... Mj fans are a bit older than the teenagers in today*s world. Could Mj have been commercially excepted by the young fans? Yes for sure but know one thing, his songs wouldn*t have sounded anything like we got on Xscape, that I can almost guarantee. What Tim did to Chicago is appalling. Only mostly the younger Mj fans like that sound. Most people that will argue with me on these points I would guess would be in the 12 to early 20*s age range. I do hope for new songs in the future but I hope for more seasoned producers not the flavor of the week guys. Kinda like been there and tried that. Much like Spike Lee producing another documentary , been there done that and that was not a success, pick someone else. Please!

What is truly interesting is what was said to the fan forum members who were guests of Estate/Sony before the release of Xscape. Was there discussion about a third single? Was there discussion about a re-release? Were these members told there would be no true promotion after the first single???

There was no discussion about anything. They were just told that they plan to release 3 singles from the album. And that they have big promotion plans. That*s it.

Slave should have been the first single followed by LNFSG. I think that the album would have been more successful that way. I do think the songs were over produced all of them. To change the orininal production of these songs was crazy who the hell does Timbaland think he is? This is Michael Jackson the greatest of all time. Tim will be irrelevant in a very short time. These are not songs that I will be listening to in 5 to 10 years. The demos I will continue to listen too. I realize they were aiming towards the young fans but let*s be real... Mj fans are a bit older than the teenagers in today*s world. Could Mj have been commercially excepted by the young fans? Yes for sure but know one thing, his songs wouldn*t have sounded anything like we got on Xscape, that I can almost guarantee. What Tim did to Chicago is appalling. Only mostly the younger Mj fans like that sound. Most people that will argue with me on these points I would guess would be in the 12 to early 20*s age range. I do hope for new songs in the future but I hope for more seasoned producers not the flavor of the week guys. Kinda like been there and tried that. Much like Spike Lee producing another documentary , been there done that and that was not a success, pick someone else. Please!

LNFSG was a great choice for the first single. Though to be completely honest, it was JT*s feature that greatly helped the song get the attention it did. The version that charted highest on iTunes? JT*s duet version by faaaaar. That*s not to say STTR isn*t a good song, just that having one of the biggest and most respected stars of today was a huge factor in LNFSG*s success. I don*t think you can say "MJ wouldn*t do it like this though" because nobody has any idea in the slightest what sounds MJ would*ve gone with five years after his death.

And yeah you*re right :p I*d argue almost all of the updates are actually pretty good (and yes I*m in that age range). LNFSG, Loving You, APWNN, STTR, Blue Gangsta and Xscape. All incredible tracks, both old and new. Chicago and DYKWYCA are the only ones I was disappointed with (The demo of Chicago is definitely superior where as for DYKWYCA, the 2010 mix is my favourite - better than both the new version and Michael*s demo IMHO).

But each to their own of course! I think that*s why this album is so good - it can appeal to a much broader age range :)

(On an unrelated side note, why the hell are apostrophes censored?)

To change the orininal production of these songs was crazy who the hell does Timbaland think he is?

An employee whos employer (LA Reid - Epic Records) told him what to do/what kind of album they want and plan to release. Read the album booklet. The goal was never to finish MJ*s unfinished recordings (because that is, like they said, impossible without MJ), but to create completely new music around MJ*s vocals inspired by his voice.

So to blame 1 out of 3 hired producers is preposterous. Rodney Jerkins and StarGate did exactly the same! And you are attacking just Tim here. Please. Why would you do that? Your hate towards the man is obvious because you have some personal issues with the man. He is great producer and he did marvellous job on all songs (DYKWYCA could have been better). He brought life into Loving You and Chicago - brilliant work on both songs. He transformed Slave To The Rhythm and Blue Gangsta from dull songs into monstrous hits. And also produced worldwide smash hit - LNFSG, MJ*s biggest since 2001*s You Rock My World! He did amazing job producing this tracks. Of course, you can say that you don*t like them and that you prefer the original versions and demos - but bashing the man for doing his job, the job he was hired to do and the job he did brilliantly is just stupid.

Tim will be irrelevant in a very short time.

Please go to wikipedia to see the list of artists and hits he produced. He is relevant in the music industry since mid 90s and will still be relevant for a long time.

I never understood the hype for Timberland. I*ve never rated him

Timbaland is good. What he did on Xscape was ok imo but is hardly "Promiscious girl" material instrumental wise (to name an example). He can do better. For my taste, he made poor choices when choosing the instruments (plugins) and made countless things I think need improvement.
Also vocal mistakes for example in chicago. Among other things he took a less than perfect background vocal "i feeellll loooooovvvvvvee", pumped up the volume and slapped some annoying effects on it, which doesnt paint MJs vocals and abilities in a good light.

Last edited:
Timbaland is good. What he did on Xscape was ok imo but is hardly "Promiscious girl" material instrumental wise (to name an example). He can do better. For my taste, he made poor choices when choosing the instruments (plugins) and made countless things I think need improvement.
Also vocal mistakes for example in chicago. He took a less than perfect background vocal "i feeellll loooooovvvvvvee" pumped up the volume and slapped some annoying effects on it, which doesn*t paint MJs vocals in a good light.

I feel the next album should be produced by Mark Ronson, Red One & Neff-U! And have Bruno Mars as a duet partner on one of the bonus tracks! Michael*s material can be brought to the sound of this era, without sounding cheap. Mark*s work is always top notch, as is Red One & Neff-U (as well as having post trial tracks) Would be cool if Will.I.Am was a guest producer for one of the tracks too, including one of the unheard song*s from the time he worked with Michael.

Sounds good. also his "core team" Michael Prince/Brad Buxer, maybe Rodney Jerkins should be involved. Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic could also be a good "outside" producer.
Some "harder" beats like on Dangerous/History/BOTDF also wouldnt hurt. Or something along the lines of the "Judas" chorus produced by RedOne.
Timbalands beats on Xscape are mostly "soft"/flat and gimmicky.
Someone (a bit older) said to me the beats sound like farts :)

Concerning Timbaland: I think he did the best job on LNFSG, although in his version some of the charm of the solo version was lost.

Last edited:
Personally I just wish Quincy hadn*t gone crazy with jealousy or whatever caused it. I miss him and that sound. The lush big band sound with the layers of jazz and funk.
Bruno and his production team is the closest to that sound that I*ve heard in these many years.

Last edited:
Please go to wikipedia to see the list of artists and hits he produced. He is relevant in the music industry since mid 90s and will still be relevant for a long time.

I know what songs he produce and what artists. I do like a lot of the songs he has done. JTs work with him is great along with Fratato and many others. To me most of the songs he did for Xscape to me were not improvements. Mj set up some ideas for the direction of the songs. Not to say he wouldn*t have change them. For Tim as a professional to agree to strip them down to about nothing bothers me. He could have just enhanced them from where Mj was at, not totally just rework them. He could have told LA that and refused it. In my opinion his ego might have got in the way if that. Thats why some producers have not turned over tracks they have,and why they have not agreed to work with the estate. Most people who worked with Mj respected his wishes, that*s why they still hold on to tracks. Tim obviously did not know Mj personally.

Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins and Neff U would be my ideal team for the next album

Neff-U and Rodney Jerkins as lead producers, Mark Ronson as co-producer including *Lovely Way* + Red One & Will.I.Am as guest producers. On some other unreleased tracks, i*d like Brad Buxer/Bruce Swedien & Michael D. Prince to work on them.

Also vocal mistakes for example in chicago.

There is no vocal mistakes in Chicago. You may not like it, but there is no mistakes. In my opinion the vocals sound perfect in his version, much much better than in the original version.

Fair enough. :)
The 'i feel looooooooveee' Part between the two Verses is a Bit forced for me, like artificially stretched and the effects used are not good

Mj set up some ideas for the direction of the songs. For Tim as a professional to agree to strip them down to about nothing bothers me. He could have just enhanced them from where Mj was at, not totally just rework them. He could have told LA that and refused it. In my opinion his ego might have got in the way if that. Tim obviously did not know Mj personally.

Like I said before, that was the plan for this album set by LA Reid and Epic Records. NOT Michael Jackson's Estate and not Timbaland. Also why are you mentioning just him? StarGate did exactly the same thing - they didn't even hear the original version of APWNN before they were done with their version - LA sent them only A cappella vocals! Timbaland did hear some of the originals, but decided not to listen them anymore because that way the original music and ideas would get into his head and ears and it would be hard for him to do the job he was signed for - to create his own music (instrumental) around Michael's vocals, his music that is inspired by MJ's voice. That is something he was hired to do. And as a professional he did a great job. Of course that he could have said no to the album concept. But for a producer to turn down an offer to work with MJ's vocals on MJ's album is something you don't turn down. Would you? It was a great honor for him to do it. To contribute to MJ's legacy. To write his name on Michael Jackson's album. To work posthumously with one of his biggest idols!

Then, you have Rodney Jerkins - the man who worked with MJ for 3 years, the man who knew him professionally and personally. The man who was asked to come to Ireland in 2006 to discuss with MJ about writing and producing with him new material. Someone who co-wrote and co-produce the original version of Xscape! Why are you not mentioning him, his involvement in this project? He also agreed to work on the album knowing what the concept of the album is. He stripped down his own song, his own music, his own production - listened just MJ's vocals a cappella and tried to create new music that would fit, new music inspired by Michael's vocals.

So please don't be a hypocrite and blame only Timbaland for participating in this project. Blame the whole LA Reid's team with LA Reid on the helm or just say that this project is just not for your taste and that's it.

I don't know who the next producer should be. To be fair to anyone who does give it a try,I wish them the best. It's a lot of responsibity to who ever dares play with any tracks. Be it teddy or jerkins or whom ever the man is missing. Those guys made good Mj tracks in the past because Mike was calling the shots. He molded his producers and brought the best out of the to complete his vision. My dream would be to release some of the tracks Mj finalized while alive. Those songs should be the next album release. Most likely we won't here them until the kids are older and take over. It is time for a concert release with another live album. Pick the best one from History and go with it. Dangerous also.

My dream would be to release some of the tracks Mj finalized while alive.

It would be everyone's dream including the record company's - they wouldn't have to spend any money on hiring producers to finish the songs. But the problem is that there is no such songs. All songs in that state have already been released (Shout for example) on various compilations, most notably The Ultimate Collection. Those songs would be outtakes. Finished songs that didn't make the final tracklist. Michael didn't work that way. He usually created hundreds of demos and then just before the album's release he would choose the best 10-15 songs that fit together and finish them. All other songs are left unfinished or he would abandon them in the early stages of production in demo state.

HIStoric;4061705 said:
LNFSG was a great choice for the first single. Though to be completely honest, it was JT*s feature that greatly helped the song get the attention it did. The version that charted highest on iTunes? JT*s duet version by faaaaar.

I know many give credit to Timberlake however; LNFSG was the only single that benefited from Estate/Sony's partnership with Clear Channel so the single was played across several radio formats including Pop, A/C, and HipHop stations. If APWNN or any other track on Xscape had the same benefit, it would have reached a broader audience and had more success.

I credit Timberlake with the co-direction of the LNFSG video. It was a beautiful, respectful tribute to Michael.

Estate/Sony unfortunately let Xscape drop when the project had so much potential.

[On an unrelated side note, why the hell are apostrophes censored?)

I wish I knew. laughs

Xscape2041;4061718 said:
Also vocal mistakes for example in chicago. Among other things he took a less than perfect background vocal "i feeellll loooooovvvvvvee", pumped up the volume and slapped some annoying effects on it, which doesnt paint MJs vocals and abilities in a good light.

That segment is Michael doing a vocal exercise. It is also on the original Rooney did. The notes sound grand so Rooney and Timbaland both kept the vocal exercise.

From D.amien S.hields' exclusive on Chicago:

“If you go back and listen to the takes you can hear him say little things and imitate the instruments and sounds. We even used some of the vocals I recorded from his warm-up with Seth Riggs. We used them as ad libs in the middle of the song because they sounded so amazing. He was very pleased with it.”

Last edited:
Its meant to be an adlib, not like in the new version. Its not to MJs advantage. But dont get me wrong, I love his Vocals. for example I think the 'nothing can Come between us if you jussss...' Part from HMH is worth to buy the whole album, and also many Vocals on Xscape are just perfection

Last edited:
Nice team! My team would be (and the one that should have been on 2010 album) will.i.am, RedOne, Neff-U & Rodney Jerkins.

Basically exactly the same as my ideal team then, glad we finally agree on something! in addition they should acquire Mark Ronson to work on a new mix of 'Lovely Way' i assume he's improved since 2010, as we can see in 'Uptown Funk' ft. Bruno Mars.. maybe they can also release one of the tracks that played at the London deposition? (Next album i mean)

Last edited:
They're are rumors of a re-release, Xscape 2.0 it's being called. apparently it's going to contain 25 tracks. I personally think it's a terrible idea, but that's my opinion.

will.i.am represents everything that's wrong with mainstream music today.

Back