Rumours of a re-release?

I still would like to hear all the tracks Mj did with him (as they were left, and maybe also in a remixed version)

I agree, i mean.. i dislike some of his latest tracks but i would think.. if the estate requested him to work on one of those song's for the next album, he'd want to do a stellar job.. I'm guessing he'd want to keep the solo tracks for a while though, and probably only allow the duet those two worked on

A brand new album with new unreleased songs is a must

will.i.am represents everything that's wrong with mainstream music today.

will.i.am and David Guetta are the two biggest diseases that music has right now.

So much has been spoiled by these two.

Basically exactly the same as my ideal team then, glad we finally agree on something! in addition they should acquire Mark Ronson to work on a new mix of 'Lovely Way' i assume he's improved since 2010, as we can see in 'Uptown Funk' ft. Bruno Mars.. maybe they can also release one of the tracks that played at the London deposition? (Next album i mean)

Not a fan of him and generally not a fan of the idea of outside producers working on the songs (Tricky Stewart, John McClain). Xscape was awesome, absolutely amazing work by Timbaland & Darkchild - but as an album concept I prefer "finishing" over "contemporizing". So that's why I would like the next album to be more like MICHAEL but without any outside producers - to give it more authentic feel. If they go for another "contemporized" concept album, then I'm for Timbaland, Pharrell & Rodney Jerkins.

will.i.am and David Guetta are the two biggest diseases that music has right now.

I disagree with that completely. Both of these artists are well respected in their fields of music. I think the main problem or "disease" in todays pop music are boy bands (One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer...), not talented overweight female rappers with disproportionate bodies (Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea), not talented female pop singers that take off their clothes for publicity (Rihanna, Miley Cyrus) & Pitbull. Also the huge problem or the main "disease" are the radio stations that have their own agenda of shoving Katy Perry down the people's throats and trying to make her the biggest, most successful pop star ever.

I think the Will I Am, Red One, and Neff U tracks should have been on the first posthumous album. For one, these are some of the last tracks MJ was working on, therefor giving you a real glimpse as to what direction MJ was heading musically. For two, all 3 producers were VERY popular during 08-2011, which would have given the songs much more hit potential. A two disc set with a nice little booklet with commentary from Will, RedOne, and Neff U about their experience working with MJ, and photos of MJ's handwritten notes for the tracks, and photo's of them in the studio.

That is how that should have been handled. And I mean.. You can't really put ALL the blame on The Estate for that one, because apparently Will and RedOne aren't in any hurry to give those tracks over.

Agreed. 90% of the things they've done is nothing but auto-tuned, melodic-less crap

Will.i.am is great at writing catchy songs -- that's the only credit he deserves. The complete versions of said songs, though, feature lazy production, awfully auto-tuned vocals, the most unoriginal, cringeworthy lyric choices (go listen to his verse in Imma Be and tell me when you get to the "semen" part) and absolutely awful vocals. (Did I say that already? Yes?)

I'm thrilled that the Estate shot his request down to release I'm Dreamin' -- maybe payback?

I'm thrilled that the Estate shot his request down to release I'm Dreamin' -- maybe payback?

It's not payback. It's just common sense and good business decision. It is Michael Jackson's song co-written and co-produced by will.i.am. Not will.i.am song feat. Michael Jackson. It should be released on Michael Jackson's album as it was meant in the first place.

I just want the Estate to release the songs recorded in 2007-2009 before they become dated.

Wish the Will.i.am songs would just be handed over and used before they become to dated.
Although Will.i.ams music has turned sour to me over the last few years. His last album minus a few songs on there was underpar

It's not payback. It's just common sense and good business decision. It is Michael Jackson's song co-written and co-produced by will.i.am. Not will.i.am song feat. Michael Jackson. It should be released on Michael Jackson's album as it was meant in the first place.

You have a point here, but there definitely is a bit of spite in their rejection.

Think about it: it's common knowledge that the Estate wants to release the songs done with Will, considering they are among the last to be recorded in Michael's lifetime. Will, however, continually shoots down their requests to put them out. So why in the world would they give him the green light?

I just want the Estate to release the songs recorded in 2007-2009 before they become dated.

I don't think anything can truly become dated -- the surge of disco/funk/'80s pop on the charts nowadays proves that.

Wish the Will.i.am songs would just be handed over and used before they become to dated.

Never gonna happen. He wants to be part of it. Also he is the co-author of the songs which makes it impossible to release them without his consent.

I don't think anything can truly become dated -- the surge of disco/funk/'80s pop on the charts nowadays proves that.

Instruments/instrumentation can. So again the songs will need "contemporizing" - something we argued about and something we all agree that should not be done with these songs. These songs can easily be finished MICHAEL-style and still sound fresh and modern. Also it has to be done while will.i.am is still popular and hit producer. If they wait too long will.i.am will become old news and outside producers will be needed - just like with Xscape.

Instruments/instrumentation can. So again the songs will need "contemporizing" - something we argued about and something we all agree that should not be done with these songs. These songs can easily be finished MICHAEL-style and still sound fresh and modern. Also it has to be done while will.i.am is still popular and hit producer. If they wait too long will.i.am will become old news and outside producers will be needed - just like with Xscape.

Have you ever considered that maybe the Estate shouldn't focus on charts?

The biggest focus for Michael's unreleased music is to do right by the original source material; strengthen what Michael left behind and keep the King of Pop flavor as vivid as possible. Six of the eight tracks on XSCAPE fail at this completely because L.A. Reid was too concerned about being contemporary; only Love Never Felt So Good and the title track evoke any sort of Michael Jackson production technique. As much as I love them, I have no reservations in admitting that XSCAPE is a remix album -- the included songs don't sound or feel like Michael.

The Estate is sacrificing artistic integrity/respect in favor of sales numbers. Michael was crazy about sales, I'm well aware of that, but he would never sell himself out in the way that the Estate has.

Forget about hiring "hit producers" to finish these songs. Forget about making these songs sound contemporary or trying to pit Michael against contemporary artists on the charts (a battle he's going to lose). Focus on making these songs something worth remembering. Respect the man.

The biggest focus for Michael's unreleased music is to do right by the original source material; strengthen what Michael left behind and keep the King of Pop flavor as vivid as possible.

The Estate is sacrificing artistic integrity/respect in favor of sales numbers. Michael was crazy about sales, I'm well aware of that, but he would never sell himself out in the way that the Estate has.

Forget about hiring "hit producers" to finish these songs. Forget about making these songs sound contemporary or trying to pit Michael against contemporary artists on the charts (a battle he's going to lose). Focus on making these songs something worth remembering. Respect the man.

:bow::bow::bow:

No. Because they have to focus on both, charts and artistic integrity. Just like MJ always did.

Six of the eight tracks on XSCAPE fail at this completely because L.A. Reid was too concerned about being contemporary; only Love Never Felt So Good and the title track evoke any sort of Michael Jackson production technique.

To you, of course because that is your opinion. To me and to millions of other people, no.

I have no reservations in admitting that XSCAPE is a remix album -- the included songs don't sound or feel like Michael.

You can call them whatever you like, but they are not remixes. To me and to millions of other people they do.

Forget about hiring "hit producers" to finish these songs. Forget about making these songs sound contemporary or trying to pit Michael against contemporary artists on the charts (a battle he's going to lose).

Re-read my post. I don't want that to happen with will.i.am songs. But if he continues to be an enormous douche, the songs will become dated and "contemporizing" process will be needed, either by will.i.am or by outside producer (something I'm against).

Yeah cause they really focused on artistic integrity with Xscape. I'm curious to know how you know if millions of other people think the remixes sound like MJ onir... You're trying to make someone else's opinion sound less important than yours by attaching the "millions of other people" line, most of the general public don't care if the music sounds like Michael, just that it sounds modern. "Contemporizing" or, ya know, remixing, which is what it is, is not needed if it's done the way it was done on Xscape. Imo.

Yeah cause they really focused on artistic integrity with Xscape. I'm curious to know how you know if millions of other people think the remixes sound like MJ onir... You're trying to make someone else's opinion sound less important than yours by attaching the "millions of other people" line, most of the general public don't care if the music sounds like Michael, just that it sounds modern. "Contemporizing" or, ya know, remixing, which is what it is, is not needed if it's done the way it was done on Xscape. Imo.

bottom line- if it's negative about Xscape, you are wrong and Onir is right. That seems to be Onir's rule.

Ok, maybe not millions, but hundreds of thousands for sure. I doubt that 1,5 MIL bought the album (and at least that much downloaded it for free) if it doesn't sound like Michael to them.

bottom line- if it's negative about Xscape, you are wrong and Onir is right. That seems to be Onir's rule.

Xscape is not perfect. It's far from being perfect. But in the situation we are, it's obviously the best it can be. Do you remember "Michael"?? Back then we were happy if we could just get an album with real MJ voice and without an impersonator.

I can say (and I said) a lot of things that could have been better or that could have been made differently but calling the album a remix album or the songs remixes is just pointless and an obvious attempt to belittle these songs, LA Reid, the producers and the Estate.

Xscape is not perfect. It's far from being perfect. But in the situation we are, it's obviously the best it can be. Do you remember "Michael"?? Back then we were happy if we could just get an album with real MJ voice and without an impersonator.

I can say (and I said) a lot of things that could have been better or that could have been made differently but calling the album a remix album or the songs remixes is just pointless and an obvious attempt to belittle these songs, LA Reid, the producers and the Estate.

Onir, thats fine, yes we were all pissed off, and we are glad that we are 100% sure that Michael is singing on all tracks, but NOTHING will change the fact that these songs are not enjoyable to listen to for some of us.

Effort of Reid, the estate and whatever producer does not come into how good a song sounds to me. Onir, can we just leave it at the fact that for some people, the music/style of the new mixes are not our cup of tea. I find its far from the best it can be with songs just being taken from their demo and being made into completely new songs completely changing the drive of the song. Michael has said many times that each sound in every song he writes/records is important. Remember when he says he likes taking a sound and utting it under the microscope, to manipulate that sound? Well the way Xscape was gone about was to completely disregard this way of working.

Michael isnt here to have his input into these songs (even if he was here, i find it unlikley all 8 would ever have been retouched and released) but to just completely throw everything away apart from the vocals is what destroys these songs for me. It sounds like Michael Jackson featuring on someone elses track, just laying down vocals. The songs are by no means unlistenable, but I would be very disapointed and worried if the next album goes down the same road. Michael had 7 Michael Jackson songs, but those 7 songs sounded like Michael Jackson songs. But having 3 fake tracks is unforgivable.

Onir, thats fine, yes we were all pissed off, and we are glad that we are 100% sure that Michael is singing on all tracks, but NOTHING will change the fact that these songs are not enjoyable to listen to for some of us.

Effort of Reid, the estate and whatever producer does not come into how good a song sounds to me. Onir, can we just leave it at the fact that for some people, the music/style of the new mixes are not our cup of tea. I find its far from the best it can be with songs just being taken from their demo and being made into completely new songs completely changing the drive of the song. Michael has said many times that each sound in every song he writes/records is important. Remember when he says he likes taking a sound and utting it under the microscope, to manipulate that sound? Well the way Xscape was gone about was to completely disregard this way of working.

Michael isnt here to have his input into these songs (even if he was here, i find it unlikley all 8 would ever have been retouched and released) but to just completely throw everything away apart from the vocals is what destroys these songs for me.

I agree with everything you said here. "Contemporizing" process they invented and did here is something I personally would never do. I love authenticity more than anything. I'd love if Quincy had finished Loving You and LNFSG, Rodney Xscape, Cory Chicago, Freeze Blue Gangsta & APWNN, LA Reid & Babayface Slave To The Rhythm & maybe Teddy Riley Do You Know Where Your Children Are. That would be perfect for me, but I made peace with myself that we are not living in a perfect world and that these kind of releases will never happen. Even MICHAEL album had outside producers working on the songs - Tricky Stewart, John McClain, Teddy Riley doing Hollywood.

I was very sceptical when I heard that Timbaland is doing MJ songs, but when I heard the final product I was very surprised by its quality and I actually liked it. It's not perfect, it's not something I would ever do, but it sounds good and it sounds like Michael Jackson collaborating with these producers in 2014 to me.

The biggest focus for Michael's unreleased music is to do right by the original source material; strengthen what Michael left behind and keep the King of Pop flavor as vivid as possible. Six of the eight tracks on XSCAPE fail at this completely because L.A. Reid was too concerned about being contemporary; only Love Never Felt So Good and the title track evoke any sort of Michael Jackson production technique. As much as I love them, I have no reservations in admitting that XSCAPE is a remix album -- the included songs don't sound or feel like Michael.

I could NOT agree with you more, the 'Michael' album sounds perfect, as the producers indeed worked with Michael during his lifetime! What is the best ''finished'' song you have heard thus far? it's a tough choice between 'Xscape' & '(I Can't Make It) Another Day' for me.. i am excited about hearing all the other song's that Michael recorded in his final 5 years.. i just hope when they come, they are respectful to Michael's original vision! Michael D. Prince/Brad Buxer/Neff-U/Bruce Swedien/Red One/Rodney ''Darkchild'' Jerkins & Will.I.Am (if he behaves with the production ;)) and all mastered by Grundman Mastering, would be perfect!

I could NOT agree with you more, the 'Michael' album sounds perfect, as the producers indeed worked with Michael during his lifetime!

Tricky Stewart didn't, but he worked on a fake song, so yes all other producers worked with MJ in the past. But not on those songs! McClain worked with MJ on You Are My Life. He did not work on Much Too Soon or Behind The Mask. Teddy Riley did not work on Hollywood Tonight.

And in my opinion the best produced songs are the ones produced by their original producers, and they somehow sound most genuine to me: Hold My Hand, The Way You Love Me, Best Of Joy and Another Day.

Teddy did great job musically and production-wise on all 3 songs, but 2 of them were fakes and he ****ed up Hollywood by changing the meaning of the song and by inserting that horrible spoken bridge. But that song is that good that nothing can stop it for being great. Even with all that it's for me by far the best song "finished" and released after MJ died. But it could have been much better if there were no outside producers on it and if Neff-U finished it by himself.

I don't like Behind The Mask at all. Music and beatbox are nice, but that live effects just killed the song for me. So stupid and unnecessary. Much Too Soon is nice, guitar addition was nice touch, but the accordion was just too much and out of place for me.

Teddy did great job musically and production-wise on all 3 songs, but 2 of them were fakes and he ****ed up Hollywood by changing the meaning of the song and by inserting that horrible spoken bridge.

I STILL can't believe that a prodcucer who worked with Michael, and even co-wrote, on my favourite Michael Jackson song (Blood on the Dance Floor) managed to somehow produce 2 "Michael Jackson" songs that had a singer that didn't sound like Michael Jackson...

Being a Michael Jackson fan, eh? We sure do go through the motions

Back