Sony may unearth new songs individually over the next months and years

Darkchild site got some songs listed too so MJ + RJ def worked on more than the 5/6 we got on invincible and Xscape

Darkchild site got some songs listed too so MJ + RJ def worked on more than the 5/6 we got on invincible and Xscape

Yeah it's obvious there are more songs than for "one or two albums to come". The estate is f*cking clueless

We've had enough was one of the first songs recorded, Rodney said they'd done a few songs before Michael decided the album should go in a more futuristic direction. We also know Joy by Teddy Riley is vocally complete, anyone know if there's a solo version of Why? I'd kill for that

We've had enough was one of the first songs recorded, Rodney said they'd done a few songs before Michael decided the album should go in a more futuristic direction. We also know Joy by Teddy Riley is vocally complete, anyone know if there's a solo version of Why? I'd kill for that

Apparently no solo version but I would loved it!

No sadly there isn't. Taj Jackson talked about it on theMJCast...

It is absolutely pointless to make full albums, I've said before that singles should just periodically be released over the years.. We need new material to last us a while.. You drop an album with 10 songs, that's 10 songs from the volt that they can't release years later. Even if they released 1 song every 2 years.. imagine there are 10 songs worth releasing (While I believe there are more).. that's 20 years of new material.

Plus Michael himself was straying away from album release..

If it were up to me, release a single every so often, once 8-10 songs are released years down - combine them and THEN release an album with all those tracks.. OR release the singles, and when anniversaries come with the era the songs were recorded - add that single to the album as a bonus track.

It is absolutely pointless to make full albums, I've said before that singles should just periodically be released over the years.. We need new material to last us a while.. You drop an album with 10 songs, that's 10 songs from the volt that they can't release years later. Even if they released 1 song every 2 years.. imagine there are 10 songs worth releasing (While I believe there are more).. that's 20 years of new material.

If it were up to me, release a single every so often, once 8-10 songs are released years down - combine them and THEN release an album with all those tracks.. OR release the singles, and when anniversaries come with the era the songs were recorded - add that single to the album as a bonus track.

I agree, this would be a good plan and I hope it happens!

unearthing new songs is not the best way to market to the new generation, although it helps.

Re: Michael Jackson videos – for 10th Anniversary of his death
I have always been the biggest Michael Jackson fan. I think he is the greatest artist that has ever lived.
However, I have always been worried about the lack of music videos, for the man who is “King” of the music video.
His recent hits, post 1990 and post death all have videos.
The surprising thing is, that many of his greatest hits in the 1980’s have no videos. For example, thriller album, 7 hit singles , only has 3 official videos. This is the biggest album ever.
Songs such as Off the wall, Wanna be starting Something, PYT, I just Can’t Stop Loving You, Human Nature have no official video.
In the modern world, videos mean so much. Young people discover new music on You tube. They watch videos on their tablets.
Some radio stations only play songs now with music videos, which they play at the same time.
My worry is these ultimate classics, will have less importance moving forward, without official videos, which they deserve.
All Madonna, Prince, George Michael, Janet Jackson, major song have a video.
Is there any plans to alter this at his 60th birthday?
For example, Human Nature could have a full video extended the part video in Moonwalker film. Wanna be Startin (one of his most famous songs) could have clips of live performances matched to the recorded track, together with clips of the Thriller time and clips of dancers doing his moves to the song now?
May artists have done videos to massive songs without the artist being involved: Prince Sign of the Times, George Michael Freedom, Elton John Are you Ready for Love, Justin Bieber Sorry. Whitney One Moment in Time.
Videos have been made for less important MJ songs, such as Hollywood tonight and Behind the Mask. These timeless, great songs, need the same attention, for the future generation.
As a marketing exercise, for the You tube generation, videos should be made for these ultimate classics, to make sure they are relevant moving forward.

Well said. Single sales & streaming are a lot higher than albums sales & streaming. The concept of albums is slowly becoming outdated. Michael himself realized that back in 2009, as he planned on releasing singles during This Is It. Just goes to show that he was so far ahead of everyone. Man, what a genius he was.

Releasing two new, heck even one new song each year is better than releasing an eight track album and then not releasing anything new for years. I much rather get a new song or two each year than to go through a long drought of any new music.

So, is anything on the horizon? It's been too quiet since a while.

Nothing new since that Mark Ronson Instagram post back in August and right now he’s busy promoting a new Miley Cyrus single.
Fuzball;4234918 said:
So, is anything on the horizon? It's been too quiet since a while.

Amen to this! Not only is this approach more viable for success (we live in a singles world). It also stretches out the material like you said. I would carefully select the singles, maybe release one every 1-2 years to create excitement, and make a big event over the new song. With radio airplay, the fan base all rushing to download it, and the social media buzz MJ's name still has, it almost is guaranteed to hit the Top 10 if the song is good. So I would much rather prefer that format rather then some mediocre album that will squander the vault.

The perfect time to release a new song would have been on Michael's 60th birthday, but instead they released that crappy remix.

Christmas season would also be a good time to release a song. I know Michael doesn't have any Christmas songs left in his vault, but I'm sure he definitely has some love songs left. And Christmas is a season of love. So how about they add a bit of Christmas theme to one of his unreleased songs and release it during the Christmas season. Honestly they can do so much good with Michael's unreleased music, but sadly they are too stupid.

RHMJ78;4231662 said:
unearthing new songs is not the best way to market to the new generation, although it helps.

Re: Michael Jackson videos – for 10th Anniversary of his death
I have always been the biggest Michael Jackson fan. I think he is the greatest artist that has ever lived.
However, I have always been worried about the lack of music videos, for the man who is “King” of the music video.
His recent hits, post 1990 and post death all have videos.
The surprising thing is, that many of his greatest hits in the 1980’s have no videos. For example, thriller album, 7 hit singles , only has 3 official videos. This is the biggest album ever.
Songs such as Off the wall, Wanna be starting Something, PYT, I just Can’t Stop Loving You, Human Nature have no official video.
In the modern world, videos mean so much. Young people discover new music on You tube. They watch videos on their tablets.
Some radio stations only play songs now with music videos, which they play at the same time.
My worry is these ultimate classics, will have less importance moving forward, without official videos, which they deserve.
All Madonna, Prince, George Michael, Janet Jackson, major song have a video.
Is there any plans to alter this at his 60th birthday?
For example, Human Nature could have a full video extended the part video in Moonwalker film. Wanna be Startin (one of his most famous songs) could have clips of live performances matched to the recorded track, together with clips of the Thriller time and clips of dancers doing his moves to the song now?
May artists have done videos to massive songs without the artist being involved: Prince Sign of the Times, George Michael Freedom, Elton John Are you Ready for Love, Justin Bieber Sorry. Whitney One Moment in Time.
Videos have been made for less important MJ songs, such as Hollywood tonight and Behind the Mask. These timeless, great songs, need the same attention, for the future generation.
As a marketing exercise, for the You tube generation, videos should be made for these ultimate classics, to make sure they are relevant moving forward.

Yes it would be fairly straightforward and cheap to edit together some videos from MJ concert footage or other sources for something like WBSS or Human Nature. For other songs (e.g. PYT) they could just release a lazy lyric video, but it's better than nothing. It'd take only a matter of a few hours to do it, so why not? I'm sure they will at some point but I guess it's just a matter of timing. They can't do everything all at once.

I think the story was that LaToya found a hard drive with like 3000 unreleased songs on them...

Yes but I never believed that story and in 10 years there hasn't been any verifiable evidence to suggest it was true. The MJ Estate's releases certainly don't suggets it was true. I think it was just a tabloid story.
MJ didn't record much and what he did record was disorganised so I can't believe there would be a HDD of 3000 MJ tracks, at least not tracks that were approaching any state of completion. He did not work many tracks beyond basic sketchy ideas. Even if the musical composition approached maturity he only laid down basic mumbles or demo vocals for parts of the track. In most cases the complete vocals came at the end when the song was almost a dead cert for release. Very few tracks MJ started got to that point and we've heard almost all of them.

Whenever somebody dies the media always talk about 'the vault' and say it's crammed full of tracks. Not true in MJ's case. Guaranteed.

I think we will get something 2019.. 10 yrs!

I seen something on a auction website with a song called blue powder. I wonder if its finished or what

I seen something on a auction website with a song called blue powder. I wonder if its finished or what

His driver (I think his name was Gary) demoed it and gave it then to MJ in hope he would record his "shit" *coughs*

Back