Sony may unearth new songs individually over the next months and years

regarding how much is done or not done with MJ music.. We can only speculate, we only go off of he said she said!! we don't know.. What we do know is of some tracks that are complete, and other tracks that we are not.. and many that we simply don't know how far along.. "Finished" is a subjective term, many Michael songs were not considered complete until finalized for an album.. We may have songs with complete vocals that are not considered finished because of the music is not or vice versa..

That said, all we can do is hope to hear as much as we can!! and in my opinion, be THANKFUL for the music we get.

Hot fun is not complete and man in black is just an instrumental with a chorus.

Hot fun features D'Angelo and Mary J Blige on vocals and it was considered for Xscape.
Bryan Loren himself talked about the version of Man In Black that leaked being without lead vocals. So there is a more finished version

Matt Forger said that there were many tracks like Loving You, I'm So Blue or What You Do To Me that were recorded and then never revisited again.
I guess with the current Estate we should always keep our expectations low but 15-20 songs left is a huge understatement

Hot fun features D'Angelo and Mary J Blige on vocals and it was considered for Xscape.
Bryan Loren himself talked about the version of Man In Black that leaked being without lead vocals. So there is a more finished version

I don't consider hot fun being complete if other people had to put their vocals on it for it to be a song. I didn't know about there being a version of mib with vocals though.

A few things should be taken into consideration when discussing how much unheard music remains (mini rant):

• There is a high likelihood that there are recordings that the estate still has no knowledge of. Some of this is due to their own ignorance; for example, "Song Groove" would've been discovered earlier had Branca/McClain not avoided digitally archiving the Bad session tapes until 2012. Other parts of it are simply peculiar, such as the fact that the estate had no idea that "Hollywood Tonight" or "Chicago" existed prior to Michael Prince and Cory Rooney volunteering them in spring 2010. The former has also indicated that there are still several hard drives that have yet to be indexed and/or analyzed, which begs the question: how can we be certain of the vault's current state if its gatekeepers aren't even certain?

• Of the material that the estate is aware of, some of it is either missing/lost, or isn't in their possession as of yet. Recall that the estate not only used a 24-year-old VHS tape as a video source for the 1988 Wembley concert because the film reels couldn't be located, but also had to hunt down the individual who had the audio multitracks. One also can't help but question the claim that there are no Off the Wall outtakes when Michael registered several songs written between 1977-79 with the US Copyright Office throughout the mid-1980s. It seems far more likely that Branca/McClain simply don't know where those songs are.

• Certain other songs can't/won't be released due to third-party disputes. It's no coincidence that the second disc of Bad 25 only contained Michael's own material and no contributions from Quincy Jones or Rod Temperton -- they almost certainly refused to cooperate (though it wouldn't surprise me if the estate decided against asking them at all because they knew what the answer would be). The same quarrel caused Cory Rooney to withdraw "Chicago" from consideration for Michael, and is continually restraining the Will.i.am tracks. Similarly, there has been consistent murmurs that people are withholding material until after Branca/McClain step down. The butting of heads is preventing the vault from rounding out properly.

• None of Michael's collaborators were present for EVERY recording session, so their commentary over what does and doesn't exist is limited. Neither Bill Bottrell nor Bruce Swedien, for example, could identify "I'm So Blue" or "Song Groove," while Bryan Loren didn't recognize the title "If You Don't Love Me" and Michael Prince hadn't heard of "Man in Black." Hell, Swedien originally claimed there were "two or three" outtakes max from each album session, which had been proven false long before Michael passed. This isn't to imply that any of these men are undependable, but I always keep this in mind whenever someone mentions Matt Forger's recent comments that only one album's worth of material exists. That would indicate that he was well acquainted with the vault in its entirety, which I highly doubt.

A few things should be taken into consideration when discussing how much unheard music remains (mini rant):

• There is a high likelihood that there are recordings that the estate still has no knowledge of. Some of this is due to their own ignorance; for example, "Song Groove" would've been discovered earlier had Branca/McClain not avoided digitally archiving the Bad session tapes until 2012. Other parts of it are simply peculiar, such as the fact that the estate had no idea that "Hollywood Tonight" or "Chicago" existed prior to Michael Prince and Cory Rooney volunteering them in spring 2010. The former has also indicated that there are still several hard drives that have yet to be indexed and/or analyzed, which begs the question: how can we be certain of the vault's current state if its gatekeepers aren't even certain?

• Of the material that the estate is aware of, some of it is either missing/lost, or isn't in their possession as of yet. Recall that the estate not only used a 24-year-old VHS tape as a video source for the 1988 Wembley concert because the film reels couldn't be located, but also had to hunt down the individual who had the audio multitracks. One also can't help but question the claim that there are no Off the Wall outtakes when Michael registered several songs written between 1977-79 with the US Copyright Office throughout the mid-1980s. It seems far more likely that Branca/McClain simply don't know where those songs are.

• Certain other songs can't/won't be released due to third-party disputes. It's no coincidence that the second disc of Bad 25 only contained Michael's own material and no contributions from Quincy Jones or Rod Temperton -- they almost certainly refused to cooperate (though it wouldn't surprise me if the estate decided against asking them at all because they knew what the answer would be). The same quarrel caused Cory Rooney to withdraw "Chicago" from consideration for Michael, and is continually restraining the Will.i.am tracks. Similarly, there has been consistent murmurs that people are withholding material until after Branca/McClain step down. The butting of heads is preventing the vault from rounding out properly.

• None of Michael's collaborators were present for EVERY recording session, so their commentary over what does and doesn't exist is limited. Neither Bill Bottrell nor Bruce Swedien, for example, could identify "I'm So Blue" or "Song Groove," while Bryan Loren didn't recognize the title "If You Don't Love Me" and Michael Prince hadn't heard of "Man in Black." Hell, Swedien originally claimed there were "two or three" outtakes max from each album session, which had been proven false long before Michael passed. This isn't to imply that any of these men are undependable, but I always keep this in mind whenever someone mentions Matt Forger's recent comments that only one album's worth of material exists. That would indicate that he was well acquainted with the vault in its entirety, which I highly doubt.

I feel a lot of that stuff probably either doesn't exist or has been lost entirely. MJ didn't archive anything and often lost things such as tracks he had taken home to listen to.

I feel a lot of that stuff probably either doesn't exist or has been lost entirely. MJ didn't archive anything and often lost things such as tracks he had taken home to listen to.

My main man SmoothGangsta being pessimistic as always

Good points. Also what about Michael Prince. Didn't he say that the estate hasn't approached him yet to analyse his hard drives that he has? There could be more songs on there that we don't know about.

Not true. I've heard Michael's archive used to be in great condition until the early 2000's.

I think we all know Michael was not the most orginized person.. Im sure there has been things lost over the years.. especially considering him moving from Neverland, going from one country to the next (not in his own home).

I highly doubt everything he recorded he took 100% care of! he's admittidly spoke about him not being orginzied

I don’t believe his recordings were not organized, not archived or lost even. MJ often revisited songs he created ages ago again and again until 2008. Just like he did with song on HIStory and sessions from bad and invincible.

Mike has admitted he's not organized with his music... Was it in the Mexico deposition? Im trying to remember!!! And has anyone seen pics of Michaels private living areas and how cluttered that mess was? haha!! Come on. let's get real

Mike has admitted he's not organized with his music... Was it in the Mexico deposition? Im trying to remember!!! And has anyone seen pics of Michaels private living areas and how cluttered that mess was? haha!! Come on. let's get real

MJs houses were always such a mess! I feel so bad for his cleaners haha

IMWhizzle;4231400 said:
I don’t believe his recordings were not organized, not archived or lost even. MJ often revisited songs he created ages ago again and again until 2008. Just like he did with song on HIStory and sessions from bad and invincible.
I can believe that a lot of unfinished stuff is flying around somewhere. Yes, he did have songs that he revisited. But from what I heard after Michael's death, nobody seemed to know, where all that stuff was.
In one of the bios someone wrote that special songs were kept in a vault of sorts. But that would have been connected to a recording studio and/or record company. The stuff Michael did privately, independently... I can totally believe that that stuff went all over the place. Especially after Michael was gone.
That Black Eyed Peas dude has some songs, other "producers" have some others and so on. Plus it was written that the family got a big load of tapes, before the estate could get their hands on them. But so far I've not heard anything more about that. So that may be fake.

I can believe that a lot of unfinished stuff is flying around somewhere. Yes, he did have songs that he revisited. But from what I heard after Michael's death, nobody seemed to know, where all that stuff was.
In one of the bios someone wrote that special songs were kept in a vault of sorts. But that would have been connected to a recording studio and/or record company. The stuff Michael did privately, independently... I can totally believe that that stuff went all over the place. Especially after Michael was gone.
That Black Eyed Peas dude has some songs, other "producers" have some others and so on. Plus it was written that the family got a big load of tapes, before the estate could get their hands on them. But so far I've not heard anything more about that. So that may be fake.

I've been really concerned about that since I heard it. I feel that should have been investigated when it was first rumoured. I think I heard that latoya took stuff as well.

F3koe2F.png

This is how I format Xscape in iTunes. Probably one of the best things they've done since he died was giving us his songs as he worked on them

I've been really concerned about that since I heard it. I feel that should have been investigated when it was first rumoured. I think I heard that latoya took stuff as well.

I think the story was that LaToya found a hard drive with like 3000 unreleased songs on them...

IMWhizzle;4231400 said:

Brad Sundberg said at his seminar he was responsible for noting every song and everyone who contributed to them for cost and credit purposes, I'd believe some songs may be AWOL from OTW or possibly Thriller but from Thriller on the songs would be golden nuggets so I doubt they were left lying around

Brad Sundberg said at his seminar he was responsible for noting every song and everyone who contributed to them for cost and credit purposes, I'd believe some songs may be AWOL from OTW or possibly Thriller but from Thriller on the songs would be golden nuggets so I doubt they were left lying around

I just know Quincy is sitting on some Thriller gems. There is also Groove Of Midnight from Rod Temperton

While there may not be a huge number of finished unreleased songs left, I disagree with people saying that there might only be 15-20 songs left and I still don't think e vault.
I could actually name 14 songs that we know for sure are vocally in a complete state:

-Chicago 1945
-Don't Be Messin'
-Get Your Weight Off Of Me
-Hot Fun In The Summer Time
-Joy
-Man In Black
-Rolling The Dice
-The Loser
-Throwing Your Life Away
-Tomboy
-Victory
-What You Do To Me
-Willing And Waiting

And then Zeus7 posted on the other thread that there is a "very sexual, sance r and b song" without a name that is fully complete that was played at a Brad seminar.

Not to mention She Got It, Work that Body and Seeing Voices, also judging from seminars another 4 with no title given

Back