Stevie Wonder~merged~

Re: Stevie Wonder!!!

I'm no music head, but to me, so much of Stevie's works Michael could've easily done very well (and vice versa to an extent. Can anyone picture Stevie singing "Bad"? While it might sound pretty good, it's just not a Stevie type of song. I shouldn't speak so soon; someone probably will dig up some obscure live rendition Stevie did of the song and post it, lol)

:D

wontgetpaidanickelliveiu.png

I'm no music head, but to me, so much of Stevie's works Michael could've easily done very well (and vice versa to an extent. Can anyone picture Stevie singing "Bad"? While it might sound pretty good, it's just not a Stevie type of song. I shouldn't speak so soon; someone probably will dig up some obscure live rendition Stevie did of the song and post it, lol)

Their voices just seem so complementary.

He does perform a little bit of "Bad" & "I Want You Back" during a medley with "Fingertips". It might be in this thread. If not it might be in the other artists performing Jackson 5 songs thread in the Jackson family section. I don't remember, it was posted a while ago, lol.

Re: Stevie Wonder

Thanks for the info, Super (I hope you don't mind if I shortened it)!

I admittedly haven't listened to his new millennium work. After the 70s, the decade of Stevie, the 80s stuff I wasn't so much feeling (again often too synth-y) and of the 90s stuff, I'm only familiar with a couple tunes like "how much how long" the one he did with babyface, stuff from Jungle Fever, and the song he did with someone else (who's name is escaping me) for Spike Lee's other film (which I also can't remember now) "Shadowlands", a gorgeous song.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Stevie Wonder

My last post has too much just wrong information there. First, the movie was "Bamboozled" (It just came to me), and it actually came out in 2000 (I think in the movie they were referring to the tv show in the film as the new millennium minstrel show, so duh). Also Bruce Hornsby did "Shadowlands", not Stevie (still a nice track). Stevie did "Misrepresented People" for the soundtrack, which I suppose means that I have heard some of his new millennial work.

I have that CD in a box somewhere and I completely forgot I had it until just now.

He does perform a little bit of "Bad" & "I Want You Back" during a medley with "Fingertips". It might be in this thread. If not it might be in the other artists performing Jackson 5 songs thread in the Jackson family section. I don't remember, it was posted a while ago, lol.

Great, as I predicted. :lol:

The tribute he sang for Michael was very beautiful and touching..
he put alot of emotion and passion into it
I could really feel Stevie's sadness :(

Yeah, "They Won't Go When I Go" was eerily fitting for MJ's service. It could have been written for MJ himself.

Duran Duran, thanks for posting that! It's my favorite Stevie Wonder song.

Stevie is my second favorite artist after Michael. He's amazing! Just wanted to show some love lol.

Stevie is a class act and a beautiful soul. We need more people like him in the World....just like we do with Michael. I just want to give Stevie a big hug! :hug:

Like with Michael's music, I find it impossible to pick a favorite song of Stevie's.

Ribbon in the sky I my parents song. I dont really have a favorite because just as with MJ all of his songs are great. But if i had to choose one right now, I would pick village Ghetto land.

Re: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame 25th Anniversary

Christmas..

[youtube]Pek9Jfg65ww[/youtube]

Any Stevie Wonder fans?

Are there any other Stevie Wonder fans on here?

One of my favourite performances...
[youtube]mCXMl4Hs2Oo[/youtube]

Re: Any Stevie Wonder fans?

I love Stevie Wonder! He's one of the sweetest musical entertainers :wub:

That's What Christmas Means To Me ~ Disneyland 2009

Looks like someone filmed the TV, lol. There's some other versions of this filmed by the audience (plus 2 or 3 other songs not shown on the TV broadcast), but they had crowd noise. This was shown on TV yesterday and so far is the only professional version uploaded.
[youtube]fEK16uS9Zbw&fmt=18[/youtube]

Stevie Wonder rocks! A true legend who could do any genre! . . . I read when he 1st changed his sound in the early 70s to more funky songs like "Superstition," the Apollo Theater's audience actually booed him since they wanted songs like "My Cherie Amore"!

Man, thinking of his work especially through the '70s and 80s, he's really written so many innovative songs w/ such rich lyrics (haven't heard his past few albums though) . Living for the City, Village Ghetto Land, Past Time Paradise, Isn't She Lovely, Sir Duke, Higher Ground, Overjoyed, Misstra Know It All, Master Blaster -- WOW!!! There's too many to mention! . . . Last new song of his I heard on the radio and also like a lot is the collaboration w/ Baby-Face, "How Come, How Long," about taking action against domestic abuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCKZhPSJYQ
And that's another thing I love about Stevie, so many of his songs like the above and aforementioned tackle real social issues, in addition to a catalog of great standards.

Great live album: Natural Wonder.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wonder-Stevie/dp/B000001A9P

Favorite Collection: At the Close of a Century. It's the only Stevie Wonder Box Set I'm aware of, and it's 'only' four CDs that span his career. A great sampling of the man's career if you haven't heard much, and then I'd recommend taking it from there. I think the downside is that it's 'only' four CD's and a definitive Stevie box set needs to be at least twice that, but at least four CD's is accessible to everyone:

http://www.amazon.com/At-Close-Cent...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261885594&sr=1-1

Man, I haven't listened to my Stevie CD's in so long, I think it's time to bust them out!

Me, present.... :)

Like Michael said, Mr. Wonder is a musical prophet...

B.B. King & Stevie Wonder - The Thrill Is Gone

[youtube]G24QICJf7OU[/youtube]

Stevie Wonder rocks! A true legend who could do any genre! . . . I read when he 1st changed his sound in the early 70s to more funky songs like "Superstition," the Apollo Theater's audience actually booed him since they wanted songs like "My Cherie Amore"!

Man, thinking of his work especially through the '70s and 80s, he's really written so many innovative songs w/ such rich lyrics (haven't heard his past few albums though) . Living for the City, Village Ghetto Land, Past Time Paradise, Isn't She Lovely, Sir Duke, Higher Ground, Overjoyed, Misstra Know It All, Master Blaster -- WOW!!! There's too many to mention! . . . Last new song of his I heard on the radio and also like a lot is the collaboration w/ Baby-Face, "How Come, How Long," about taking action against domestic abuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCKZhPSJYQ
And that's another thing I love about Stevie, so many of his songs like the above and aforementioned tackle real social issues, in addition to a catalog of great standards.

Great live album: Natural Wonder.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Wonder-Stevie/dp/B000001A9P

Favorite Collection: At the Close of a Century. It's the only Stevie Wonder Box Set I'm aware of, and it's 'only' four CDs that span his career. A great sampling of the man's career if you haven't heard much, and then I'd recommend taking it from there. I think the downside is that it's 'only' four CD's and a definitive Stevie box set needs to be at least twice that, but at least four CD's is accessible to everyone:

http://www.amazon.com/At-Close-Cent...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261885594&sr=1-1

Man, I haven't listened to my Stevie CD's in so long, I think it's time to bust them out!

wow..Stevie was booed at the Apollo? well..i heard that SOngs In the Key of Life turned out to be a big selling album, so i guess, booing is overrated. even at the Apollo.

Here here! I love him. He is one of the three artists I look up to. The other 2 are MJ and Tupac.

...Speaking of his latest music, I really adore Moon Blue.

I adore Stevie Wonder. He's a beautiful person. His music is extravagant. :)

My second favorite male artist behind Mike. :wub:

Back