Stevie Wonder~merged~

Re: Stevie Wonder!!!

Here was the other performance. Not too shabby during the last two minutes. I love the effects of a live orchestra/band.

I am seriously, seriously going to be mighty upset if this is not real. On the other hand, if it is, I'm going to be mighty, mighty THRILLED.

*Yep, looks like it's real. Filmed in London at the 02 this past year. Can't wait for this one. Seriously, it's about time!

I am seriously, seriously going to be mighty upset if this is not real. On the other hand, if it is, I'm going to be mighty, mighty THRILLED.

*Yep, looks like it's real. Filmed in London at the 02 this past year. Can't wait for this one. Seriously, it's about time!

has to be be real!

those concerts better be followed by a well thought-out live DVD compilation.

cheers for posting this.

and cheers again ^.^

Haha, I remember that post. Maybe you made this happen subconsciously. I owe you a coke!

Wow. Thanks so much for that. Crying Through The Night was released on Characters. Though this is definitely an early demo... and actually better than the album version!

Here's the finished product:

Stevie Wonder Readies First Live DVD
February 02, 2009 02:40 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

60371-wonder_stevie_01l.gif

Stevie Wonder will release his first authorized DVD next month, chronicling a Sept. 30-Oct. 1 stand at London's 02 Arena. "Live At Last" is due March 10 on Universal Motown in DVD and Blu-ray formats.

Wonder was touring as part of his first major roadwork in a decade. The 27-song set list is packed with hits such as "Living for the City," "Overjoyed" and "Sir Duke," and also features a special "U.K. medley" with songs from the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

Wonder was busy earlier this month performing at Barack Obama inaugural events in Washington, D.C., and debuted a new song, "All About the Love Again," at one of them.

He's also working on a duets album with Tony Bennett, which will be produced by Quincy Jones. The repertoire will feature "a lot of Marvin Gaye songs," Jones tells Billboard. "We're going to do them jazz, though, because Marvin always wanted to be a jazz musician."

Here is the track list for "Live At Last":

Intro / "All Blues"
"As If You Read My Mind"
"Master Blaster (Jammin')"
"Did I Hear You Say You Love Me"
"All I Do"
"Knocks Me Off My Feet"
U.K. Medley: "London Bridge Is Falling Down," "Fool On The Hill," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "Satisfaction"
"People Make The World Go Round"
"Higher Ground"
"Spain"
"Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing"
"Visions"
"Living For The City"
"Part-Time Lover"
"Overjoyed"
"Lately"
"I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out Of My Life" (performed by Aisha Morris)
"My Cherie Amour"
"Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)"
"Sir Duke"
"I Wish"
"Isn't She Lovely"
"You Are The Sunshine Of My Life"
"I Just Called To Say I Love You"
"You Are The Only One" (snippet)
"Superstition (So What The Fuss)"
"As"

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/stevie-wonder-readies-first-live-dvd-1003937094.story

steviedvd.gif

Cover. Looks kinda amateurish, but hey, I'm not complaining. I've been waiting for a long time for a proper Stevie DVD.

I've gotten many, many shows from his 2007 and 2008 tour in FLAC files, here's a sampling of some of the tracks (these are from other shows on the tour, not the 02 one which was used for the DVD):

As If You Read My Mind:

All I Do:

Did I Hear You Say You Love Me:

Higher Ground:

Overjoyed:

here are several snippets of unreleased material from Stevie's studio sessions in 1974. they were leaked mid-2008.

download here:

http://www.box.net/shared/da8kuk3p2z

THANK YOUUUUUU!!!! That's cool!

I've gotten many, many shows from his 2007 and 2008 tour in FLAC files, here's a sampling of some of the tracks (these are from other shows on the tour, not the 02 one which was used for the DVD):
So - which shows exactly? :D You mean WHOLE shows???

I honestly don't remember which shows those are from now, lol. I've got like.. a dozen full audio shows from his most recent tour. The setlist is mostly the same, only a handful of different tracks are performed at different concerts. I'm thinking those tracks are from Concord, California.

I wonder how this Tony Bennett album come about. I know they've done several songs together in the past.

The Associated Press said:
Obama plans concert for Stevie Wonder

The White House is planning a concert this month to honor Stevie Wonder, whose music provided part of President Barack Obama's campaign soundtrack.
The White House says the president and first lady Michelle Obama will present Wonder a Library of Congress award on Feb. 25. The concert will be broadcast the next day on PBS as part of its "Performance at the White House" series.
The award-winning and chart-topping Wonder performed at the Democratic National Convention in Denver on the night Obama accepted his party's nomination. He also performed at a concert during the week of Obama's inauguration.
His song "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" became a theme song during the campaign. Obama also used "Higher Ground" during campaign stops.

I can't wait for this. Paul Simon's concert was pretty damn good (Stevie was at that too, lol.. he did "Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard" and "Loves Me Like A Rock" with Simon, the second song with Simon and The Dixie Hummingbirds), so I can't wait to see what's done at this show.

I am about halfway through "Live At Last" on Blu-Ray right now (also bought the DVD to rip the audio and convert the video for my Appl TV). All I can say is "WOW."

The wait was worth it. This is one of the tightest bands and concerts you will see. As I've compared before, everything MJ is to a live song & dance show, Stevie is to live music. Every song is done with 100% live instrumentation and vocals... it's an amazing show.

Audio from the show: 192kbps mp3 converted straight from the lossless source.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2L8HX3C

To get a feel for the scope of the band, listen to "Spain" all the way through. It starts off as a bit of a boring jazz cover, but when each band member gets an instrumental solo, you see the scope of their collective talent.

I hope something is planned for MJ's upcoming tour.

No, the intro he does on harmonica is the Miles Davis song ("All Blues").

"Spain" is a Chick Corea cover.

He is really good. I saw him in a concert in september last year.

62446913.th.jpg

Part-Time Lover (12" Mix) (More Luther Vandross Vocals)

Tomorrow Robins Will Sing (Wonder West-Side D) - I like this version better than the original. I also have the acapella and instrumental and ran the vocals through antares auto-tune and got a nice version with Stevie on the "T-Pain effect".

images

Queen In The Black - Love this track. It's a grower.

Stevie was on Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight. He played a little classical piece on piano and then performed "I Just Called To Say I Love You". He changed some of the lyrics to make them relevant to the family on the show.

I saw that :)

Got it recorded. I'm just in the habit of recording anything he's on.

:yes:The man is a musical genius without a doubt.I love many many of his songs,really impossible for me to mention all of them..:cheeky:
But i think "My Cherie Amor" is amazing..:wub:

I finaly got myself a copy of "The live at last" DVD. I'm still recovering from the goosebumps,wow! I realy loved when they played Chick Corea's "Spain". His band really rose to the occasion. I was only dissapointed by the fact that he only performed a snippet of "As". I wanted the full track! Anyway I think I have a crush on Dejah Gomez, one of the backing vocalists, the one with short hair,very hot. I'm addicted to the interlude they played right after "Knocks me off my feet", Killer melody!

I finaly got myself a copy of "The live at last" DVD. I'm still recovering from the goosebumps,wow! I realy loved when they played Chick Corea's "Spain". His band really rose to the occasion. I was only dissapointed by the fact that he only performed a snippet of "As". I wanted the full track! Anyway I think I have a crush on Dejah Gomez, one of the backing vocalists, the one with short hair,very hot. I'm addicted to the interlude they played right after "Knocks me off my feet", Killer melody!

If you want a fuller version of "As", check these out. Links are at the bottom if you'd like to download.

images

As - BET's 8th Annual Walk of Fame: (Best live version I've ever heard)

images

As - Saitama, Japan 2007 (First time I've heard him extend the introduction)

images

I Love You More - Stevie Wonder & Kimberly Brewer

images

Love Light In Flight - Woman In Red Soundtrack

images

The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson Tribute

Download: BET "As"
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/30/2122302/AsBET.mp3

Download: Saitama, Japan "As"
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/30/2122302/AsSaitamaJapan.mp3

It's amazing, brilliant, awesome, etc., etc. Only Stevie can play 2 and a half hours and barely scratch the surface of his hits.

When he had the piano solo on "Spain"... that was awesome.

Here's a new Stevie composition and a new song featuring Stevie Wonder. They're done by an artist called Mao Otayeck, taken from his album "Renewal". He's a new sort of pop/world artist. Stevie heard his work somehow and offered him free time at Wonderland Studios where the album was recorded. "Wait" was composed by Stevie and Stevie does a harmonica solo on "Carry On".

maootayeck.jpg

Wait - Mao Otayeck (composed by Stevie Wonder)

Carry On - Mao Otayeck (feat. Stevie Wonder)

Here's Stevie on drums and Jimi Hendrix on guitar. Er, ignore the announcer at the beginning. He wasn't there when this was recorded and is giving his opinion or bias, lol.

Back