The Estate "has numerous projects in development."

Concerts, nice video quality and properly PROPERLY mastered audio, please.

Oh, and a HD video collection, including the proper Blood on the Dance Floor and HIStory films!

The MJ archives were not well looked after which makes it hard for the MJ Estate to release high quality concerts. It's sad but true.

There's a whole bunch of reasons (already discussed elsewhere) why a comprehensive HD video collection is not likely to happen. Some short films (those not featuring 90s special effects) could be done, but the likes of Who Is It, Scream, Black Or White, Earth Song, Ghosts etc would take a lot of effort.

^ Well one thing we do know is there are pretty good quality footage out there from concerts that we don't have. we've seen clippings throughout the years via leaks, news clips, documentaries etc.. Good quality footage is in there hands.

The MJ archives were not well looked after which makes it hard for the MJ Estate to release high quality concerts. It's sad but true.

There's a whole bunch of reasons (already discussed elsewhere) why a comprehensive HD video collection is not likely to happen. Some short films (those not featuring 90s special effects) could be done, but the likes of Who Is It, Scream, Black Or White, Earth Song, Ghosts etc would take a lot of effort.

Do the greatest music videos ever by the greatest music video artist ever not deserve this kind of care and effort?

I hope they´ll do something for Michael´s birthday next year.
I think 60 years since he was born is worth to celebrate.

The HQ concert footage from "motown to off the wall" just makes some of us want more !

-I want to see the never before seen rehearsals during This Is It. I want to see SIM, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal The World rehearsals.
-I also want to see the 2002 performances of Dangerous, Black or White and Heal The World. during Bill Cliton's gala. Michael's last ever performances and it's not available. Can you believe that?
-Dangerous tour rehearsals that are available on youtube released on Bluray.
-One night rehearsals released.
-MJ Just Dance video game as mentioned by someone already in this thread.
-Triumph and Destiny Tours released in good quality.
-Obviously a new album would be nice and I would love it but it isn't realistically happening for another five years.

This year is the 35th anniversary of "Thriller", and the 30th of "Bad". They already missed out on the 25th for "Dangerous", last year...and the 40th for "Off the Wall" isn't until 2019. All I've heard so far are rumors about John Landis doing something with "Thriller", and some kind of film effort by Suzanne de Passe (don't know if its the Lifetime one or not).

Please no more remixes.

Dangerous LP UK re-release?

How about LP re-releases for HIStory, Blood On The Dance Floor and Invincible?

Vinyl market is doing very well right now. It's good business sense to make the most out of it.

Or....E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial re-release?

How about LP re-releases for HIStory, Blood On The Dance Floor and Invincible?

why would you want an LP re-release? every re-issue I have sounds bad after 5-10 plays, and the 25+ year old second hand LPs I have still sound GREAT.

why would you want an LP re-release? every re-issue I have sounds bad after 5-10 plays, and the 25+ year old second hand LPs I have still sound GREAT.

I haven't had an LP player in ages but I'd love to spand my collection having MJ's solo LPs at least even if I cannot listen to them. Do they make them out of low quality material now?

I'm more interested in the Destiny and Triumph tours released on DVD than Vixtory.

HIStory and BOTDF are either hard to find or overly-expensive. Invincible is easy to find online though.

To quote their own message "As Michael said countless times about his own work, the quality goes in before the name goes on."

I've spent a while listening to the newly released 50th Anniversary reissue of The Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and there is a whole disc full of alternative takes and studio chatter (if you buy the super deluxe edition, there's literally like 2-3 discs full of this bonus material).

It's really fascinating hearing the demos of these songs, seeing how they were built up over time. Amongst these demos is studio chatter, I really love listening to The Beatles chat away and talk to each other, give pointers or even just joke around. Maybe it's the dynamic the fab four had with each other that makes it so great to hear, but I'd really love if the Estate did an 'Anthology' type of album where we actually got to his music in the form of demos/alternative takes.

Also to hear studio chatter that featured Michael! It has to exist as we hear some on the demo outtake for DSTYGE on OTW's 2001 Special Edition, and there's some leaked studio chatter of Michael singing along to (funnily enough) the Beatles jam Dig It. I think the studio chatter in that bit featured a suggestion by Michael or something that would lead to Give In To Me.

I'm happy to wait for more Michael projects, I'm always about quality > quantity so if we go a few years without one it's no biggie for me. Just make them good when they come!

I've spent a while listening to the newly released 50th Anniversary reissue of The Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and there is a whole disc full of alternative takes and studio chatter (if you buy the super deluxe edition, there's literally like 2-3 discs full of this bonus material).

Looking forward to getting this myself, will probably go for the 2 disc LP set

Looking forward to getting this myself, will probably go for the 2 disc LP set

You'll love it! The new mixes sound incredible and like I said in my earlier post, I love hearing the songs in earlier stages and the little bits of studio chatter!

If you have access to Spotify or Apple Music or similar, you should check it out on there too. There's a few extra tracks that didn't make the 2 LP vinyl set due to timing reasons. Specifically Takes 1 & 26 + the 2015 remix of Strawberry Fields Forever, and Take 6 + the 2017 remix of Penny Lane. All great stuff :)

There is indeed a long recording of the birth of Give In To Me and it is fascinating. Truly. It's such a shame that kind of thing isn't being made available to everyone.

I doubt that will ever happen, unless The Estate made some kind of deal with The Jackson brothers.

Are the Jackson-brothers holding the rights for the Triumph-Tour-concerts? I doubt they have them.

New York 1988 concert would be awesome:

Video quality is good enough and audio is great.

I would like to see the full versions of songs released at least digitally. We know that songs were cut down to fit CDs in the past and it would be nice and pretty easy for the estate/Sony to digitally re-release the albums with the full versions of songs.

I am glad to hear there are projects in development - but it's too early to get exited...

I guess it's safe to say that Thriller 3D is the project this year. - Had hoped for maybe a Spike Lee doc too about Thriller. - So they could have showed Thriller 3D and the Thriller doc in cinemas. - But that's too late, such a doc should have been startet filming already if it should be done i october.

Hope for more concert releases - and in good quality both audio and picture.

New music would be great too. - Just hope they release a quality product again like Xscape - with the original demos as MJ left them.

Are the Jackson-brothers holding the rights for the Triumph-Tour-concerts? I doubt they have them.

I'm pretty sure all five (six?) brothers would need to sign off on it. Not sure how that would go over. I feel they'd be more than willing to get a Victory Tour DVD on the market, but they've been very vocally against the Estate for years.

I did not see anyone mention it but a Broadway play is probably one of the projects they mentioned. Since 2014 they mentioned that a Broadway play was in the works in the accounting documents.

and Thriller is fully confirmed in my mind. In the last month they even trademarked Thriller.

SiriusXM Radio just started a new Beatles channel. How about a Michael Jackson one as a new project coming from the Estate!

I listened to it when I went to Yellowstone National Park the other day. I love it!

https://www.siriusxm.com/thebeatleschannel

SiriusXM Radio just started a new Beatles channel. How about a Michael Jackson one as a new project coming from the Estate!

I listened to it when I went to Yellowstone National Park the other day. I love it!

Maybe @Gaz could help them with a dedicated radio station. His station on the MJJC Chat room was really great-full of obscure songs, etc.

The Beatles have been doing extremely well with projects recently, that Beatles channel has been a really huge hit with fans I follow on social media.

My only complaint is that it's not a global platform, I believe SiriusXM is only served in the United States and Canada so many Beatles fans like myself unfortunately missed out on some great radio content. I hope if they do it again, or the MJ Estate follows in their footsteps, they use something more global like Apple Music to stream their radio station (Apple Music has a few live radio stations streaming on it, most notably Beats 1 which is free for everyone regardless of membership).

Apart from that though, I've heard nothing but positives. Would love to see an MJ version :)

whatever 'rights' the Jackson brothers have on any material Michael is involved with I highly doubt they would decline an opportunity to make a financial gain off of it. If the Estate came to them about something, they'd all be ready.

Back