The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

- Shawn Michaels gave a brief look into his future in the ring during a new interview with The Miami Herald: ''I sort of nowadays go where the wind blows,'' said Michaels. "I suppose I say that, because when you've seen so many eras come and go, you're not awestruck by them. For me, I go back to if this is Ric Flair's last match, that is the end of an era. With all due respect to everyone else in the industry, it's an era I'm a part of. If the Ric Flair era is over, it will question if I want to be part of what the next era is.''

- Weather.com is now calling for partly cloudy skies with only a 10 percent chance of rain for Sunday in Orlando. The high temp will be 82 with a low of 65.

- Ric Flair spoke to PJStar.com about his training in a new interview to hype WrestleMania.“Training like it’s (a match against Ricky) Steamboat from ’89. The factor for me is the training effort. I get up early in the morning, and my wife is a personal trainer.”

It's no secret in the WWE locker room right now that Flair and Michaels are taking their WrestleMania match very seriously and are planning to steal the show. Both Michaels and Flair have made it known the pressure that they are feeling going into the match.

I will be posting the results for WM24 Monday mouring. :D

My son watched the show last night.. I watched the Ric Flair match... and I watched the parts where Snoop came out.. and I watched part of the Floyd match.. he looked so funny. lol. I can't believe he actually won.. even it it was because he used brass knuckles..lol. My son was mad that John Cena won again.. but he was happy that the Undertaker won.

Last edited:
WM 24 results

- Shawn Michaels defeated Ric Flair in a Career Threatening Match. The bell rings and oh boy here we go. HBK with the first take down on Flair. Lock up, Flair works on the arm of HBK, HBK counters that and works on Flair's arm. The two exchange this until Flair hits a drop toe hold on HBK. Flair knocks HBK back into the corner and lets out a loud WOOOOOOOOOO. HBK catches Flair with a big slap that knocks him back. Flair has a bloody lip as a result and then starts chopping HBK in the corner. HBK gets some chops in of his own. Flair takes down HBK, drops a knee and goes for a pinfall. HBK back up and he knocks down Flair quickly. HBK goes up to the top and Flair throws him off! Flair goes to the top, HBK almost throws him off, but Flair kicks him away and hits a cross-body! HBK fights back throwing Flair out and catching him with a baseball slide. Huge spot saw HBK hit a springboard moonsault, but Flair moves and HBK crashes through the announce table! Wow, that landing did not look good for HBK. The announcers wonder if HBK has a broken rib. The referee is constantly checking on HBK after every spot they do. Flair with a side slam on HBK and HBK continues to favor his ribs. Flair with an underhook suplex on HBK. Flair with some more chops and then an impressive vertical suplex! Flair with another cover and another kick out by HBK. Flair with more chops and punches in the corner. HBK fights back with some chops of his own. HBK with a swinging neckbreaker on Flair. Flair gets tossed out of the ring through the ropes. HBK with another huge moonsault off the top rope onto Flair. Referee starts the count and both get in by 9. Both begin exchanging chops. HBK with a jumping forearm on Flair. Both men are down. HBK kicks up, favors his ribs and drops Flair in an atomic drop. HBK is back up to the top and connects with an flying elbow! HBK starts tuning up the band, goes for it, but Flair cuts him off, trips up HBK and applies the Figure Four Leglock! HBK counters and turns over. Flair gets the ropes to break it up. More chops and then a takedown by Flair. Flair counters a bridge attempt. Sunset flip by HBK on Flair. HBK gets launched into the corner, falls back and Flair chop blocks his knee. Flair attempts a Figure Four and HBK counters into a small package for two. Flair gets the Figure Four back on! HBK is trying to get to the ropes. HBK tries a counter but Flair turns over and keeps it locked in! HBK then gets to the ropes to break it up. Flair begins kicking HBK. Flair turns his back on HBK and then turns around to walk into some Sweet Chin Music! HBK covers and Flair gets a shoulder up. HBK tunes up the band in the corner. Flair won't get up. HBK picks Flair up and Flair low blows him with the referee distracted! HBK then applies the Figure Four on Flair. Flair gets to the ropes and pulls off the turnbuckle. Flair with a thumb to the eye with the referee distracted. Roll up on HBK by Flair that gets a close two count. More chops. Another Sweet Chin Music on Flair! HBK stands back up and goes to the corner. Flair gets to his feet crying. HBK says I'm sorry and I love you. HBK hits Flair with Sweet Chin Music and covers for the pinfall. Both men begin crying. Wow, what a moment.

After the match, Ric Flair gets to his feet crying. The entire crowd is cheering and clapping for him. Flair takes one final last bow. Flair kisses his children at ringside and slowly walks up the ramp thanking the fans. Flair still has tears in his eyes. Flair continues to walk up the ramp saluting the fans and thanking them. He takes one last look at the fans and then heads to the back.

- The Undertaker defeated Edge to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion. Another great entrance for The Undertaker. They had Vickie Guerrero come out and give Edge another creepy kiss before he made his way down the ramp. Good entrance for Edge as well minus the Vickie kiss. The bell rings and here we go. Edge pushes Taker away and then gets in a few right hands. Taker with a big clothesline on Edge. Taker comes back dropping Edge's throat off the top rope. Taker with some right hands on Edge, but Edge comes back with a big boot. Taker with some shoulder charges on Edge. Edge counters the Old School, but Taker throws an arm drag on Edge quickly. Taker with a huge body charge on Edge in the corner and he actually forced himself over the top rope in doing so. Edge with a baseball slide to Taker throwing him into the guard railing. Edge leaves the ring and drives Taker back first into the ring apron. Edge with a swinging neckbreaker on Taker over the top rope. Edge goes back to work on Taker in the corner. Edge with a body charge in the corner on Taker. Taker attempts a scoop slam, but his back gives out and Edge splashes his chest. Edge goes up to the top rope and Taker throws him off with force. Classic Taker with a huge leap over the top rope taking out Edge. Taker puts Edge on the ring apron and brings his head out under the bottom rope. Taker with a big boot and then drops the leg. Back in the ring, Taker goes for the Last Ride, but his back gives out yet again and Edge follows that up with a big boot. Edge kicks Taker out of the ring and then throws him back first over the guard railing into the crowd! Edge throws Taker back in the ring, covers, but only gets a two count. Edge with a half Boston Crab on Taker. Taker counters that into a quick pinfall resulting into a two count. Taker pushes Edge away with a quick kick. Lots of punching and kicking combinations. Taker with a body splash in the corner and then a second big one. Taker drops Edge over the corner, but Edge responds with a huge dropkick out of no where! Edge on the top, jumps off, Taker catches him, Edge counters, Taker catches him again, goes for a chokeslam, but Edge counters into a DDT! Cover by Edge, but a close two count. Taker with a boot to the face and chokeslam on Edge! Cover and Edge gets a shoulder up. Taker goes for Old School and Edge crotches him on the top rope. Edge goes up with Taker and connects with a big superplex! They move to the corner and Edge gets some right hands in. Taker lifts Edge up for a Last Ride, but Edge counters out of that into a neckbreaker! Very cool counter. Taker with a stiff forearm to Edge's back and then a Last Ride! Taker covers and a close two count! Taker goes for a Tombstone Piledriver, but Edge counters into an inverted DDT. Taker with a big boot on Edge. Taker finally connects with Old School! Taker goes for a big boot but catches the referee instead! Edge with an inverted DDT on Taker. Taker chokes Edge but Edge hits a low blow kick. Edge leaves and grabs a video camera from the ringside area. Edge runs in and takes out Taker with it. Edge attempts a Tombstone Piledriver, but Taker counters that into one of his own! Taker covers but there is no referee! Charles Robinson runs down the ramp, hits the ring, but Edge kicks out after two somehow! The Edgeheads run down and Taker chokeslams one from the ring apron to the other. Edge with a Spear! Cover and Taker kicks out! Edge with another Spear, a cover, but Taker applies a triangle choke! Edge reaches for the ropes, but can't get it and taps out. The Undertaker is 16-0 and is the new World Heavyweight Champion!

After the match, The Undertaker is handed the World Title and struggles to get to his feet. We see highlights from the match leading up to the finish. Back live, The Undertaker takes a knee holding up the World Title as a huge display of pyro goes off above the Citrus Bowl. We go off the air with Undertaker holding the World Title.

- JBL defeated Finlay in a Belfast Brawl. During Finlay's entrance, Hornswoggle came out and got a big reaction. Finlay and JBL started brawling right away before the bell could ring. JBL sent Finlay into the guard railing and then Finlay sent JBL into the steel steps. They got in the ring as the bell officially rang and Finlay threw weapons in. JBL cracks a trash can over Finlay's head. More shots to Finlay with a trash can lid and cookie sheet. JBL brought steel steps into the ring, attempted a piledriver, but Finlay countered with a high back body drop. Finlay with a boot to the face and three shots to JBL's head with a cookie sheet. JBL cuts off Finlay with a big boot as Finlay came off the ropes. JBL with some stiff punches and kicks in the corner on Finlay. Hornswoggle ran in and cracked a kendo stick over JBL's back. Finlay then cracked his shillelagh over the head of JBL. JBL fell out and Finlay dragged him back in the ring. Big reaction when Finlay pulled a table out and put it in the ring. Big clothesline by Finlay on JBL. JBL then takes out Hornswoggle on the outside and Finlay goes crazy - bouncing JBL's head off the announcers table. Huge spot saw JBL climb into the ring, roll out to the other side, grab a trash can lid, Finlay did a suicide dive through the ropes and JBL cracked the lid over his head! JBL then threw a trash can at Hornswoggle taking him out again. JBL with another trash can lid shot on Finlay. JBL goes for a Clothesline from Hell, but Finlay counters with a trash can to the face. Finlay with a flip senton bomb on JBL followed by sending JBL through the table in the corner. Finlay covers, but JBL kicks out. JBL with a kendo stick shot to the knee followed by a Clothesline from Hell. JBL covers and gets the pinfall.

- CM Punk won the "Money in the Bank" Ladder Match. The match starts with mostly everyone bailing from the ring and grabbing a ladder. MVP with a big boot on John Morrison and a ladder shot to CM Punk. MVP also takes out Kennedy, Benjamin and Carlito. Jericho comes in with a ladder as well and takes out MVP with his. Morrison launches a ladder at Jericho. HUGE spot saw Morrison grab a ladder, go up to the top rope and execute a moonsault with the ladder in hand taking everyone out at ringside! Kennedy is in and Jericho cuts him off. Kennedy gets launched into the ladder, goes up to the top and Morrison jumps on the other side. Another big spot saw Benjamin setup another ladder, jump over, hit a sunset flip on Kennedy and Kennedy held on to Morrison powerbombing him down to the ring! Benjamin balances on the top rope avoiding getting crotched, but he misses the ladder when jumping back. Benjamin fights back launching Punk into the corner. Punk with the Go To Sleep on Benjamin. Kennedy with a senton bomb on the ladder using Punk. That looked like it hurt. MVP with a big boot on Kennedy, but misses on Carlito. Carlito takes out MVP's leg with a ladder. Carlito is left alone and starts climbing up the ladder. Benjamin with a big spin kick on Carlito. Another HUGE spot saw Benjamin get thrown off the ladder and flip onto another ladder set across the ring apron and guard railing! Jericho, Carlito and Kennedy all get thrown off the ladder by MVP. Morrison is up reaching. Jericho runs up and somehow applies the Walls of Jericho on Morrison on the top of the ladder! Kennedy then sets up a ladder near them. Morrison gets thrown off. Jericho hits Kennedy. Carlito and Punk are now on. I think I just saw the TNA banner flying over the stadium. Jericho throws everyone off. Carlito jumps up and pulls Jericho off hitting a Back Cracker! MVP smiles seeing he is the only one left. MVP goes up, reaches, but Matt Hardy hits the ring and hits MVP with a Twist of Fate off the ladder! Huge reaction for Matt. Two ladders are stuck together. Morrison climbs up one side, but gets thrown off and crotched. Jericho sets up a ladder under the briefcase. Carlito spits apple in Jericho's face. Carlito has the briefcase, but Kennedy throws him off. Kennedy gets knocked off by Punk! Jericho with the Code Breaker on Punk using a ladder! Jericho is back up. Punk is making his way up. Jericho hits Punk in the face with the briefcase. Jericho gets tied up in the ladder falling backwards. Punk goes up and gets the briefcase!

Batista (Smackdown) defeated Umaga (Raw). Teddy Long (Smackdown) and William Regal (Raw) were in the ring for the entrances. The bell rings and here we go. Both men start exchanging lefts and rights. Batista gets thrown down first and then Umaga gets tossed out. Batista with a big kick to the face, but Umaga comes right back with a spinning kick. Umaga with a big boot that sends Batista flying off the ring apron. Umaga throws Batista back in the ring and connects with a body splash. Umaga launches Batista into the corner with force. Umaga repeats this and Batista favors his back. Umaga connects with a big thrust shot to the throat of Batista. Umaga then begins pinching the nerve in Batista's neck. Umaga with a big scoop slam on Batista followed by a body splash attempt that Batista dodges. Umaga goes back to work on Batista's neck. Batista gets to his feet and fights off Umaga. Umaga comes right back with a huge spinebuster on Batista! Umaga attempts the Samoan Spike, but Batista blocks and then Umaga hits him with a headbutt. Batista with a spinebuster on Umaga out of no where. Batista then gets Umaga up and connects with a huge Batista Bomb! Batista covers Umaga and gets the pinfall.

- WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix & Melina defeated Maria & Ashley Massaro. The match starts with Ashley and Beth. Beth overpowers Ashley until Maria gets the tag. The two double-team Beth with a quick takedown. Melina gets the tag and Maria hits her with a big knee. Melina gets thrown out and the lady lumberjacks get in a few shots. Melina with a charge in the corner on Melina. Maria with a Bronco Buster on Melina. Maria pulls Melina from the corner and slams her down hard. Ashley with a big tilt-a-whirl takedown on Melina. Ashley with a facebuster on Melina. Melina throws out Ashley and the "heel" divas get in some shot. Melina catapults Ashley into Beth who applies a bear hug. Cool double-team move saw Melina get launched off Beth's shoulder into a moonsault on Ashley. Ashley trips up Melina and Beth gets the tag. The lights go out above the ring for some reason. They put spotlights on the ring to light it back up as Maria hits a cross-body on Beth. Maria hits a big bulldog counter on Beth. Melina gets launched off the ring apron by Ashley. Ashley jumps off and takes them out as well. Maria hits a bulldog on Beth, but Santino pulls her off. Jerry Lawler leaves his post and knocks out Santino that gets a big reaction! In the ring, Beth hits Maria with a big fisherman's suplex and gets the pinfall.

After the match, Snoop Dogg hits the ring and also knocks out Santino. Snoop then gives Maria a kiss to end the segment.

No more Ric Flair. Goodness
I cried like a damn baby, I can tell you there will Never be another
Ric Flair, He was and will always be THE MAN. No one's gonna be
able to fill his shoes. He made the business what it is today.
It'll never be the same without him.:(

The Wrath of Tito - Wrestlemania 24 review & grade
Submitted by Mr. Tito on Monday, March 31, 2008 at 12:13 AM EST

Welcome, one and all, to a special edition of "The Wrath of Tito", as I boldly review Wrestlemania 24 right behind this golden keyboard for the "excellence in column writing" on the LoP network. Honestly, I wasn't going to see this show this year. My heart and passion for pro wrestling died when Chris Benoit killed his family and himself last year and we're almost a year anniversary from that horrific incident. After Eddie Guerrero died, my attention as a fan decreased and when Benoit went crazy, it broke me as a wrestling fan. In all honestly, I've only seen TWO segments of wrestling all year and the first was Chris Jericho's return and the second was recently when Randy Orton and John Cena tagged up to take on a bunch of wrestlers for whatever reason.

Usually, I watch the shows at my wife's brother's house, which I probably have been for the past 8 years or so. I thought about going, provided that it's at least good times hanging out with him and other close family members. However, he alerted me this year that he wasn't getting the show. So for the first time since Wrestlemania 5, I didn't care about seeing Wrestlemania on the same day the show aired. My brother-in-law wasn't getting the show, so "**** it", I can just relax for the evening. Then, on Saturday evening, I tuned into the Hall of Fame ceremony on USA Networks...

Damn it was GREAT to see the Rock... The WWE is willing to pay Floyd Mayweather, an athlete who isn't that popular and is in the dying sport of boxing, millions of $$$ yet they refuse to offer the Rock the same big wad of cash (reportedly $20 million given to Mayweather, from what I've read)? Who would draw more fans to a Wrestlemania and then shows afterward? The Rock. The guy transcended the sport and nobody in the WWE is willing to admit it. Great mic work from the Rock, as he ripped apart wrestlers and absolutely had the crowd at the palm of his hand. Who else can do that in the WWE today? Looking at your Wrestlemania "main events", we had Edge, Undertaker, Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H... All virtually the same guys dominating the top 3-4 years ago. Nothing has changed yet the business hasn't exactly seen significant growth with those guys in the main. The WWE has trotted out Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan in multiple capacities lately as well and they haven't drawn a dime, or at least large amounts as they used to. But instead, pay a boxer, who is only using the WWE for a quick buck because he'll soon run out of opportunities in his sport as more and more fans slowly stop caring about boxing.

But what got me to watch Wrestlemania 24 was Ric Flair. Yeah, he read a prepared speech... But it was Natch at his finest and you could hear his passion for the business. I got a bit teary when Flair gave props to his 2 ex-wives for all that they have done and how they were great mothers. Hearing his speech and seeing his tears... I knew that I had to see the Nature Boy's last match. I remembered hearing my brother say that he was seeing it with a co-worker... So I tagged along for the ride...

Before I get onto the Wrestlemania 24 review, I just want to say to the readers that I'm doing fine lately... The marriage is going great, working is going great, and I honestly couldn't be happier. I case you haven't seen it, I have been lurking around LoP lately, not only in LoPForums.com, but I have been writing up WWE finance columns as well, first dubbed "Economic Bodyslam", but now dubbed "WWEconomics", and you can read the latest news post by CLICKING HERE. It's a different take on pro wrestling and suits me well because I can easily analyze from the finance side without having to follow the week-to-week stuff on WWE programs. Additionally, it's been showing up on the Yahoo! Finance searches and I've actually received a few emails from investors as a "thank you" for helping them make a quick buck when they bought at $14 and the stock is now above $18, with a dividend that just doubled. Pretty cool stuff... Also, be on the lookout for a project that I hope to reveal towards the end of April...

Anyway, enough about me, let's talk Wrestlemania 24. And you should note that I am writing this as a one-time viewer of pro wrestling lately, so my knowledge of certain newer wrestlers or recent storylines will likely be off.

Wrestlemania 24 is Tito

Interesting layout with going outdoors this year... I was waiting for it to rain, but it appeared that it didn't (I didn't watch it on HD, so I may not have honestly seen it). Going outside presents a risk, for the crowd heat will be declined. See Wrestlemania 9... Then again, that WAS Wrestlemania 9, potentially the worst Wrestlemania ever.

The show started off with John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) vs. Fit Finlay... Wait, Hornswoggle is Fit Finlay's kid??!?!? This was a decent bout that had both guys hitting each other brutally with trash cans, kendo sticks, and cookie sheets. Reminded me a lot of the older WWE "hardcore" matches, for they used the same classic weapons, but that JBL and Finlay were a bit stiffer on the shots. It was entertaining for what it was and a good win for JBL I suppose. **1/2

Money in the Bank was next, or as I call it, the match that Shelton Benjamin usually shows up in. Actually, he was part of the match, as all of the competitors contributed. Pretty brutal (as in violent) match, as the wrestlers attempted to do variations with the ladders that have yet to be done. Benjamin's fall onto the ladder made me shudder... How he can walk after that, I don't understand, nor will I ever. I really liked the jumping from ladder to ladder, as they seemed a lot more crisp than previous efforts on those risks. Strong match-up overall, although I always worry that the ladder match has been well over-exposed since 2000. ***1/2.

WWE rolled out their Hall of Famers... For as much as the WWE has issues with their current talent, they're Hall of Fame tribute ceremony is extremely well done and their honoring of the past has greatly improved (especially as they can make DVD and 24/7 off of those guys).

Umaga vs. Batista was the next match and it was very boring, in my opinion. Just zero heat from the crowd and neither guy did anything on the "wow" scale. With Batista's older age, he seemed to struggle picking up the thicker Umaga. He's luck that the Batista-bomb hit or we'd be short an Umaga. 1/2*, yuck, bad match.

Earlier in the night, Kane apparently won the Battle Royal with the winner getting to fight the ECW Champion, Chavo Guerrero. Ok... I'm lost here, but what the heck. You'd figure that the WWE would give Chavo, who is a decent name and is related to Eddie, some respect to wrestle at length with a guy who had to win a battle royal a few hours ago, right? Wrong. I don't know any backstories here, but that was a complete burial job to me on Chavo and the WWE management wanting Kane to rule the ECW brand in their creative big-man vision. That's just what I saw, not knowing any facts. NEGATIVE ***** for a horrible bury job and further crapping on the ECW brand. Why can't Kane be a legitimate contender on RAW or Smackdown for once? Bad booking for him on the other brands is forcing the WWE's apparent hand to be the guy on ECW of all places.

I'm surprised that Raven Simone didn't get booed, even if she was recognizing Make-A-Wish foundation kids. Good wrestling fans...

Next match was Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels... The match I looked forward to. Now, my hopes weren't entirely up for a blockbuster match... Just a fitting effort from Flair, a 59 year old... You could clearly see why he was retiring, for Michaels had to really oversell and carry the match as Ric just can't move like he used to. But that's not what matters... It was Flair's last match and he'll be missed. I liked the attempts that Flair made to keep the match looking dramatic, like kicking out of the first superkick and later with the multiple Figure 4's. The whole "I'm Sorry, I love you" by HBK was really touching and will be remembered by yours truly. I would have liked Flair to make a final speech after the match, but hugging his heavily crying children and walking away on his own two feet is respectable enough. For overall best of all time, if I take into account EVERY year of their career compiled together, Ric Flair is #1 on my list, no doubt. Whooo!!! I would have liked to seen some of the 4 Horsemen come out, but again, we're nitpicking at a time when this is Flair's last moment in the sun and we should let him have it. ***** because it was Ric, but *** for the match without bias.

Maria & Ashley vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina was up next and it was a Snoop Dogg sponsored Lumberjack match. Yeah, easy money for Snoop (as well as any other celebrities on the show). Actually, this was decent, as Ashley was really hitting her spots and Beth and Melina worked very well together as a heel team. The power failure really sucked life out of the bout that saw the heels win despite outside interference not going their way. **1/2

Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. John Cena was up next... I thought this match had a very slow start but seemed to pick up better towards the end. When I watch this match, though, nobody on the screen is truly a draw for me. When Austin and Rock were around, and even Kurt Angle, there was a "wow" factor from a match-up. These 3 just don't have it and putting them together doesn't mean they'll combine their appeal. The crowd did get into the multiple near finishes, which they should, and I was quite surprised that Randy Orton won. Well delivered finish even though Randy seemed to quickly recover from a chop-block to run over and attack HHH after he gave the Pedigree to Cena. Details, Randy, details... it's what I've criticized you for years on. ***1/4

Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather was up next and it was a fun match overall, mostly in terms of a spectacle. Seems like Mayweather worked well as a heel (I think for the fact that he brags about his wealth really bothers wrestling fans, of all people) and both come out of the match looking strong. Big Show can't lose because he's fighting a non-wrestler who is maybe 1/3 of Big Show in weight. Additionally, Mayweather can't look bad because he is a champion and can't embarrass his own sport (even the sport of boxing itself has become an embarrassment). Plus, Mayweather getting manhandled by the Big Show makes sense... That's why they have weight classes!!! Mayweather resorted to cheating to win, including using a pair of brass knuckles (or were they gold?) to deliver the knock-out punch. It was a fun match that you don't quite see often in the WWE. Worth $20 million to the WWE? Probably not, but the match will probably not be forgotten in the Wrestlemania history...

Wrestlemania 25 is in Houston for 2009... Good choice.

The main event was Edge vs. Undertaker. Coming into this match, I told my brother and all that was there that having Edge finally defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania does nothing for Edge. He's already and established star and World Champion. He doesn't need the rub of finally defeating the Undertaker. Someone up and coming does, if the WWE is ever fully committed to pushing someone not named Batista, HHH, Edge, Cena, or Orton. Seriously... The WWE is in a serious growth rut right now and they're failing to replenish stars. When watching this event, I was hoping to see new faces after not following the product as much. I didn't... Same old, same old... Anyway, the match was about the same as Cena vs. Orton vs. HHH on pace, but I will say that once Edge and 'Taker got going, they worked relatively well together and had some nice reversals of moves. Provided that it's from a more wooden Undertaker, the fact that they hit convincing reversals of each others finishers adds to the match a bit. Not a "WOW" main event, but they put together a good match together and that's what counts, brother. ***3/4

The Skinny: It was a decent show overall... Nothing horribly offensive besides the ECW title change. Batista vs. Umaga was probably the worst thing, but many of the matches seemed to work and Big Show vs. Mayweather did deliver well. My issue after this show would be "is this show rememberable?" So-so for me. None of the big stars, Edge, HHH, Undertaker, Cena, or Orton really impress me and they've fought so many times that the match-up itself is hurt by a bias against before their matches even start. Even if they have a good match, as Edge and Undertaker actually did, it's nothing special and I ask myself "do I even care about an Undertaker title run?" My honest answer is no. My grade for this event is a [ B ] for an overall entertaining show that had some good matches and a fun spectacle with Big Show vs. Mayweather. However, this show made it very apparent that the WWE needs new faces at the very top or some kind of refreshing of things. When I can take many months off and still be bored with the characters attempted to be presented as main eventers, you have a problem, Houston.

It made me cringe...Taker 16-0
Flair and HBK--Great match
cried like a baby when it was over. :cry:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/6464438/results/

Results:The End

By: Bryan Robinson
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – Deep down, Ric Flair knew this day would come. Mr. McMahon gave him a “win or retire” ultimatum more than four months ago, but the “Nature Boy” didn’t need a mandate to realize his in-ring career was coming to an end. And though tears streamed down his cheeks as he said farewell to the millions of fans he entertained for more than 35 years, Flair didn’t feel any agony in defeat to Shawn Michaels tonight at WrestleMania XXIV. After all, how fitting it is that the greatest wrestler of all time ends his career on The Grandest Stage of Them All.
What a week it had been for the 16-time World Champion! Flair received tributes from well-wishers across the country all week, from receiving the key to the city of Columbia, S.C., last Monday to his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame Saturday night. It was as if “Naitch’s” millions of fans sensed he would not be able to avoid defeat like he had since last November. Everyone wanted to pay tribute to Flair and let him know how much they appreciated watching him for so many years.
Still, that didn’t prevent a hushed silence from engulfing the Citrus Bowl tonight after Michaels stunned Flair with Sweet Chin Music to the jaw and the Nature Boy wasn’t able to rise before the three-count. More than 70,000 of our screaming fans seemed amazed because they had just witnessed history – the end of a legendary career.

At first, HBK couldn't bring himself to unleash Sweet Chin Music and it nearly cost him the match. But he realized during his second and third opportunity that he had to pull the trigger. Flair wanted it that way – no sympathy, no remorse. With tears in his eyes, Flair implored HBK. And with a whisper of "I'm sorry ... I love you," Michaels turned out the lights on Flair's legendary career.

An exhausted HBK buried his head in his hands. The Showstopper – “Mr. WrestleMania” – had provided many unforgettable moments over the years at The Granddaddy of Them All, but this was not one that he wanted. Flair was his idol and his inspiration, the reason he chose to become a Superstar.
As a boy, and later as an up-and-coming Superstar, Michaels worshipped Flair and aspired to be everything the Nature Boy was in the industry. Even today, as a respected, grizzled veteran who has had his own Hall of Fame-caliber career, Michaels is like an awestruck boy when he is in the presence of Flair. Before WrestleMania XXIV, HBK himself said he couldn’t imagine the industry without Flair.
Whirlwind of emotions

However, the Nature Boy and new WWE Hall of Famer chose to face Michaels at WrestleMania. Flair said he handpicked HBK because he considered him “the very best,” and he had to know if he could still defeat the very best on sports-entertainment’s grandest stage.
Flair appreciated all the kind words from well-wishers, but he didn’t want – or necessarily welcome – any suggestion that a loss to HBK at WrestleMania was a foregone conclusion. In many ways, Michaels had no choice but to face Flair. If he didn’t, he would lose the respect of a man he loved. And Flair didn’t want sympathy from HBK; he didn’t want him to hold anything back. The only true way HBK could honor Flair was to give him his very best at WrestleMania.
A Showstopping encounter

And The Showstopper gave Naitch his very best. In some ways, Michaels’ onslaught was an elixir for Flair. The legendary World Champion at times seemed 20 years younger as he battled HBK with a ferocity and a ring mastery that showed our fans why he has been known as both “The Dirtiest Player in the Game” and “Rembrandt of the Squared Circle,” as Jim Ross likes to say.
At one point, thousands of necks craned and jaws dropped in the Citrus Bowl when Flair trapped Michaels in his trademark Figure-Four Leglock and HBK screamed, seemingly moments away from tapping out. As both legends traded momentum for nearly 20 minutes, it was easy to see why Flair has said he sees traces of himself in HBK.
But ultimately, Michaels outlasted Flair. He gave Flair what he wanted – his very best in the form of Sweet Chin Music. At first, HBK couldn't bring himself to unleash Sweet Chin Music and it nearly cost him the match. But he realized during his second and third opportunity that he had to pull the trigger. Flair wanted it that way – no sympathy, no remorse. With tears in his eyes, Flair implored HBK. And with a whisper of "I'm sorry ... I love you," Michaels turned out the lights on Flair's legendary career.
HBK cradled the "Nature Boy's" head, whispered in his ear and then left the ring. When Flair was able to rise, the tears welled in his eyes. Maybe he was relieved; maybe he felt tremendously honored. Flair knew he lost to not only a better competitor this night, but to a man he somewhat molded. In many ways, his career was ended by a near carbon copy of himself.
The Citrus Bowl erupted. Meanwhile, Superstars – Flair rivals and allies alike, who watched the battle from the locker room, gave him a standing ovation. Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Barry Windham – past Flair rivals who were now dear friends and currently WWE officials – saluted him. Flair blew kisses to his wife and children seated in the front row, and even hardened warriors and friends like Arn Anderson and Triple H in the back couldn’t fight back their tears.
Back in 1978, the original "Nature Boy," Buddy Rogers, challenged Flair because he needed to know if his namesake was “for real.” Rogers passed the torch to Flair that night, and nearly 30 years later, the 16-time World Champion has passed it on to Michaels. The Showstopper beat “The Man” on the greatest stage in sports-entertainment. Still, Flair will always be The Man.

"Little Naitch" Charles Robinson, who refereed tonight's match and idolized Flair, wiped tears from his eyes. Robinson could say something no other wrestling official in the world could say: He officiated "Nature Boy" Ric Flair's last match.
Now and always ‘The Man’

It’s amazing to think Flair’s career was almost cut short before it really began. Some doctors predicted that he would never compete again after he was severely injured in a plane crash in 1975. Flair not only came back, but he made a career of defying odds and winning championships. There isn’t a legend or Superstar who has emerged over the last 35 years that Flair hasn’t met and defeated. He even made a believer out of the original “Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers, who fell to Flair in an iconic encounter in 1978.
Back then, Rogers challenged Flair because he needed to know if his namesake was “for real.” Rogers passed the torch to Flair that night, and nearly 30 years later, the 16-time World Champion has passed it on to Michaels. The Showstopper beat “The Man” on the greatest stage in sports-entertainment.
Still, Flair will always be The Man. Just look at the champions he has mentored and inspired – Triple H, Michaels, Batista and Randy Orton, to name a few. And DX, Evolution, the New World Order and any other wrestling supergroup that will form in the years to come owe gratitude to Flair’s Four Horsemen. “Also Sprach Zarathustra” has played for the last time, but the Nature Boy’s legacy lives on. Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair. Woooooo!

Results:Sweet Sixteen

By: Craig Tello
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – An unforgettable night at WrestleMania XXIV concluded in a glorious darkness illuminated by brilliant fireworks on Sunday, as the grim grip of sports-entertainment’s one and only Phenom once again clutched the World Heavyweight Championship.
The fall of the Rated-R Superstar not only commences Undertaker’s sixth World Title reign, but also fulfills the simple prophecy of The Deadman’s venerable undefeated streak on The Grandest Stage of Them All: It will endure.
The epic main event battle for the gold took place with the stark nightfall that eclipsed the sold-out Citrus Bowl – the open-air setting of WrestleMania XXIV. Known for making countless eerie, goose bump-inducing approaches to the ring – including everything from ravens to urn bearers – The Phenom made what was certainly the biggest entrance of his 16 WrestleMania appearances. The challenger was preceded by 10 torch-bearing druids and greeted by searing flames that reached more than 40 feet above the vast stage.
Soon after, the waning ominous, blue-hued light lifted for the forthcoming champion. Strangely appearing without his loyal miscreants, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, Edge was joined by his fiancée, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero. After a long kiss goodbye at the top of the entranceway, the Ultimate Opportunist walked a long path toward his destiny against the most iconic figure in sports-entertainment history.
For weeks, The Phenom tried to get his cold hands on the evasive, yet strategic, Rated-R Superstar. Edge spent his Road to WrestleMania attempting to perturb Undertaker’s absolute focus on snaring the World Heavyweight Title, but on Sunday night, the Ultimate Opportunist’s plan proved futile.
The champion did his best to combat the very trepidation that has crept into the hearts of even the most steadfast contenders to The Deadman in the past at ’Mania. As confident and intent as Edge was on ending Undertaker’s fabled and feared winning streak, this night would mark the Rated-R Superstar’s final evening as champion. Nonetheless, despite his loss on The Grandest Stage of Them All, Edge – opportunist or not – still proved many of his disbelievers wrong by taking a top caliber fight to WWE’s greatest legend.
During the contest, The Phenom delivered a relentless torrent of his signature moves, weakening his resistant rival. Edge, too, retaliated with just about every vicious hold and attack he could possibly muster. Clearly well-schooled and self-educated in the challenger’s stratagem, the Rated-R Superstar reversed key maneuvers and even kicked out of several pinfall attempts after Undertaker landed a number of typically deal-closing moves – including the Last Ride and even the Tombstone Piledriver.
Following critical shifts in momentum and an attempt at his own Tombstone, the defending World Champion found some support from his Rated-R entourage. The Deadman managed to lay waste to Hawkins & Ryder, but the Ultimate Opportunist found the ideal moment to execute a spear – much like he did almost one year ago when he used the Money in the Bank contract to defeat a battle-worn Undertaker. But, one wasn’t enough to put away The Phenom and Edge was forced to plant a second one on his foe.
Suddenly, the twice-speared Undertaker locked in his mysterious submission hold and the Rated-R Superstar could only fight so much before tapping out with his last few breaths. A new World Heavyweight Champion was crowned and the lore of The Deadman’s streak claimed one more victim.
Now an astounding 16-0 at WrestleMania, Undertaker successfully reaped the soul of the Rated-R Superstar, and more importantly, cinched the highly coveted symbol of in-ring supremacy in the World Heavyweight Championship.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/6208634/results/

Great tribute to Ric on Raw tonight. I am going to miss the slick Rick

I'm going to miss Ric. I remember about a year ago saying "It's time Ric retired. He's old and he deserves a break", but now, it's hard imagining the wrestling business WITHOUT Ric Flair. Damn, I remember seeing Ric and Sting fighting back in 1991 when I was really little. But Ric got the love and respect he deserved. Hogan is too stubborn to simply bow out, and Randy Savage, one of my all time favorites, was basically pushed out of the business. Ric retired with grace. SIMPLY THE MAN

I will say this. The day the Stinger retires, I'm going to cry like a little girl LOL

Credit: PWTorch.com

- There was concern that Ric Flair wouldn't be able to go through with his match against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania on 24 this past Sunday due to his mindset.

Flair was was to be very emotional backstage and continously breaking down and crying to the point he was unable to talk to any agents or wrestlers as a result.

Chris Jericho on Ric Flair:
"I don't think you'll ever see another performer who has the influence and the impact in so many different ways and at the highest level for so long."

Edge on Ric Flair:
"It's really tough to try and explain to someone what he means to our industry. Whether you want to draw the analogies of...he's Lou Gehrig or like a Cal Ripken. I can't wait to hear the crowd reaction both nights (Hall Of Fame and WrestleMania). It's gonna be insane."

The Edgeheads on Ric Flair:
"He's had a legendary career. A career that people only dream of. If we could be half the wrestlers one day that Ric Flair is, we would've done great."

Linda McMahon on Ric Flair:
"He's meant so much. He is quite a character...with his robes and his 'Wooooo' and all of the things that Ric Flair does."

Credit: ProWrestling.NET

- Sometime in the near future, Umaga is expected to move from RAW to SmackDown. This would be the logical move considering the SmackDown brand is lacking major heels, aside from Edge and MVP. and need credible challengers for The Undertaker.

Former WCW Wrestler Sentenced To Life In Prison
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 1:04 PM EST

Former WCW wrestler Hardbody Harrison was sentenced to life in prison on sex trafficking and forced labor charges. The United States Department of Justice released the following item earlier today:

Former Wrestler Sentenced on Sex Trafficking and Forced Labor Charges
By U.S. Department of Justice

Former professional wrestler Harrison Norris Jr., 42, a/k/a "Hardbody Harrison," from Cartersville, Ga., was sentenced today to life in prison and lifetime supervised release for committing multiple violations of federal sex trafficking and forced labor statutes in connection with a scheme to force women into prostitution. He was also sentenced to pay a $2,400 special assessment.

"These vulnerable American victims were lured by false promises to train as professional wrestlers and suffered horrific physical, sexual, and psychological abuse," said Grace Chung Becker, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. "I commend these women for coming forward and helping the Department hold accountable those who engaged in this shameful conduct."

U.S. Attorney David E. Nahmias said of the sentencing, "Defendant Norris ran a forced prostitution ring in which women were sexually assaulted, held in debt, and forced to work and perform sex acts against their will. This heinous conduct deserved the severe sentence handed down today. Human trafficking removes an individual's freedom to choose and can have long-lasting, psychological effects on the victims. In this case numerous victims were brave enough to come forward and testify at trial against their captor and abuser, defendant Norris. The jury specifically found aggravated sexual abuse by defendant Norris and the judge entered a sentence that should deter others from exploiting their fellow human beings."

Norris was sentenced to life in prison and lifetime supervised release, and he was ordered to pay a $2,400 fine. Norris was convicted on Nov. 22, 2007, on 24 counts, including one count of conspiracy; four counts of holding women in a condition of peonage; five counts of forced labor; five counts of trafficking with respect to peonage; five counts of commercial sex trafficking; three counts of witness tampering; and one count of obstructing enforcement of a peonage investigation. Peonage is a condition of involuntary servitude imposed to extract repayment of an indebtedness.

Since 2001, Norris had been running a prostitution business in the Atlanta, Ga., area. From April 2005 to August of 2005, Norris and his co-conspirator Aimee Allen, recruited and forced women, many of whom were poor, homeless or addicted to drugs, to work for Norris as prostitutes and servants in his two Cartersville, Ga., homes. Norris lured several victims to his homes by falsely promising that he would train them to become successful wrestlers in his female wrestling company. Allen, who pled guilty and cooperated with the government, testified against Norris at trial, and was later sentenced to two years and 10 months in prison. One of Allen's key roles in the conspiracy was to convince victims that Norris's wrestling company was legitimate. According to the evidence at trial, another co-conspirator, Cedric Jackson, kidnapped at least one victim and provided her to Norris. Jackson was previously sentenced to serve five years in prison.
Witnesses testified that Norris isolated the victims from their families and friends and monitored them at all times to prevent their escape. Norris's control over the victims included a strict military structure that he imposed in his home. The defendant assigned each of his victims to a "squad" overseen by a "team leader," a woman conspiring with Norris to keep the victims in servitude. Allen was one such team leader.

Evidence at trial established that forced acts of prostitution occurred at nightclubs, in apartments, at hotels, in the back of Norris' truck, and in other locations in North Carolina and northern Georgia. The profits from Norris' forced prostitution business were collected by him and held in his safe, along with the victims' identifications and cellular phones. The victims also testified that they were forced to engage in sexual conduct with Norris.

In addition to forcing the women to work as prostitutes, Norris made the victims work in and around his two homes in Cartersville, performing domestic labor including hauling trees, laying sod, and painting. The evidence at trial further established that Norris set strict rules and fined the women for such infractions as talking too much or failing to exercise. In addition, Norris kept the women financially indebted to him by charging them for food, medicine, rent, and cigarettes. Norris then told the victims that they could not leave until their debts were paid, all the while continuing to increase the debt he claimed he was owed.

Human trafficking prosecutions such as this one are a top priority in the Department of Justice. In the last seven fiscal years, the Civil Rights Division, in conjunction with the U.S. Attorney's Offices, has increased by nearly seven-fold the number of human trafficking cases filed in court as compared to the previous seven fiscal years. In FY 2007, the Department obtained a record number of convictions in human trafficking prosecutions.

This case was investigated by of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with assistance from Smyrna Police Department and Bartow County Sheriff's Office. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Susan Coppedge, and Justice Department Civil Rights Division Trial Attorney Karima Maloney.

“They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” –Carl W. Buechner
ORLANDO, Fla. – For 36 years, Ric Flair made people feel good. He was, and remains, the consummate showman – a professional in the world of sports-entertainment that gave everything of himself to his fans and friends, both inside and outside of the ring.
On Raw Monday night, those fans and friends gave a little back. As the “Nature Boy” offered his farewell address to the capacity crowd at the Amway Arena and gave his sincere thanks for their support over the course of his career, he was overwhelmed by applause from the teary audience.
"I want to thank you all for the memories," Flair said, "I want to thank you for the support and most of all, thank you for making me who I am today."
The 16-time World Champion and 2008 WWE Hall of Fame inductee welled-up and basked in the admiration of fans, but that wasn't the end of his night. Triple H's entrance theme hit the air, and The Game began a parade of well-wishers who emerged to offer bear hugs and words of encouragement.
Among the well-wishers were those who Flair had taken under his wing and mentored over the years, including Triple H, Batista, John Cena, Chris Jericho and Edge, and contemporaries such as the legendary Harley Race, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, Greg Valentine and Dean Malenko. And of course, it wouldn’t have been complete without an appearance by the legendary Four Horsemen - Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham and JJ Dillon - and Flair's family, including his wife, daughter and two sons.
The road to retirement for Flair had taken many detours over the past six months, but the pavement ran out at WrestleMania XXIV when, in an epic match, Flair’s show was finally stopped in a Career Threatening Match against his close friend Shawn Michaels – a friend who also, albeit reluctantly and still tense with emotion from his own speech earlier in the night – came to the ring to honor Flair during his farewell ceremony.
While HBK might have had reservations about appearing after ending his friend’s career, all was forgiven as Flair enveloped The Showstopper in his arms.
It was a fitting ending to an emotion-filled evening. An evening that witnessed the long goodbye of a man who gave everything he had to the sport he so loved, an original who will never be duplicated, a Hall of Fame Champion who will never be replicated.
Goodbye and thank you to the one, the only, Ric Flair.

Back