The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

its time he left, he was great though and what a way to go :)

SPOILERS* WWE Smackdown Taping Results from Boston, MA
Submitted by Calvin Martin on Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 5:40 AM EST

Report sent in by Calvin Wong

I just got back from the Smackdown/ECW show tonight at
the TD Banknorth Garden and I must say this wasn't a
bad overall show. ECW was actually taped first before
Smackdown was taped so you guys didn't see a live ECW
tonight.

Dark Match
Jamie Noble vs. Kenny Dykstra
Dykstra got major heat since he was the first wrestler
out tonight. Decent match between the two with some
good technical wrestling. Noble wins the match with a
roll through for the pin.
Winner: Jamie Noble

Tazz and Joey Styles are introduced next for the ECW
taping. Best match of the night was Punk vs. Miz.

Following ECW, the crew came out to change the ropes
for Smackdown. Michael Cole and Coach are introduced.

In the ring, we have a rug with a table and a small
animal carrier covered with table cloths. Out come
some Indian dancers. The Great Khali comes down to
the ring while the dancers are getting festive.

Smackdown Tapings Results

We get the intro and the pyro. The dancers resume and
one of the translators says Khali has a peace offering
for the Big Show while the crowd chants "What?" I
couldn't make out most of what was said because of the
crowd. Khali calls out Big Show. Big Show comes out
and the translator tells him of the peace offering
while the dancers all get out of the ring. First
offering is a large bottle of fresh water from the
Ganges River (apologies if I spelt it wrong). It
actually looks pretty murky. The next item, I
couldn't hear what it was, but it looked like a giant
bottle of cologne. I guess it was suppose to be water
from somewhere because they had Big Show take a drink
from it. Bitter beer face. Next they uncover a bird
cage with a chicken in it. They tell him he will
never go hungry again because of the eggs he'll get.
Finally they uncover the animal carrier and a goat is
brought out. Yes folks, there was a real live chicken
and goat. Big Show understands how Khali feels and he
wants to express his feeling. Show extends his hand
and Khali takes it. Show hits Khali with a right hand
sending him to the mat. Big Show leaves while
officials come out to check on Khali. The dancers
leave while Khali is helped to the back.

We see a dirt sheet segment of Miz and Morrison making
fun of Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore.

Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore vs. John Morrison
and the Miz

This was a pretty good match and it's nice to see that
they're bringing this feud back. There were some
great spots in this match and some great false
finishes. The end came after Yang send Morrison to
the outside only to get the neckbreaker portion of the
Reality Check from The Miz to end the match.
Winners: John Morrison and The Miz

Edge and Vicki Guerrero are shown in a health spa
getting a couples massage while Teddy Long is standing
in the background. Edge says that this was a great
idea by Vicki since he's so stressed out from losing
to The Undertaker.

Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs. Matt Striker
This was more of a comedy match. Hornswoggle went
under the ring at one point to shoot Striker with a
Super Soaker. Later on, Striker tried to baseball
slide Finlay on the outside, but was caught by the
ring apron and knocked to the ground. Hornswoggle
threatened Striker with a bucket, but only got
confetti thrown on him. Hornswoggle hands him an
umbrella, but he didn't know what to do with it so he
threw it to the ground. Hornswoggle opened up the
umbrella for himself and told him to look behind.
Finlay threw a bucket of water at him. The final
moments of the match had Hornswoggle run into the ring
with a blow up mallet to hit Striker in the back
distracting him. The ref grabbed the mallet to throw
it out of the ring allowing Finlay to hit Striker with
a shilleleigh shot for the win.
Winner: Finlay

We're shown a recap of the events involving Victoria,
Michelle McCool and that mysterious woman (Nattie
Neidhart).

Victoria makes her way to the ring with her new friend
to introduce her to everyone. Nattie Neidhart will be
working under the name Natalya Neidhart. Victoria
said that if you don't know who her father is then
take a look at the video which was a video of Jim
Neidhart. Natalya takes the mic and says this time
it's not about her father, but about her amongst other
things.

Michelle McCool vs. Victoria w/Natalya Neidhart
This was a short match with distractions from
Neidhart. The end came when Neidhart threw her jacket
at McCool to distract her while Victoria got a school
boy on her.
Winner: Victoria

Michael Cole is in the ring and says that there have
been many wars battled over various things. We see a
recap of how the Shawn Michaels/Batista feud came
about. I thought this would be a face to face on the
Tron where the two of them would be in different
studios. Batista and Shawn Michaels are both
introduced. The two pretty much say the same things
from the last couple times they went face to face.
Shawn Michaels was about to exit the ring when he
faked a super kick. Batista ducked away and set up
for the Batista Bomb. Shawn Michaels rolled out of
the ring to end the segment.

Edge and Vicki are once again shown at the spa. This
time they have avocado facials on as well as bath
robes. The two are having a matching pedicure. Teddy
Long brings them a pair of margaritas and the two hand
him their used cucumbers.

Eve is shown backstage entering Jesse and Festus'
locker room

Vladimir Kozlov vs. Matt Logan
Logan is from Boston and trained at Chaotic. There
was minimal offense from Logan, but the match didn't
last long as Kozlov won with an inverted DDT.
Winner: Vladimir Kozlov

MVP comes out to do commentary.

Matt Hardy vs. Chuck Palumbo
Great match between the two. Hardy was over huge.
The end came when Hardy hit a Twist of Fate out of
nowhere after a blocked attempt.
Winner: Matt Hardy

Following the match, Hardy made eyes with MVP who
teased getting into the ring.

Eve is backstage interviewing Jesse and Festus. Jesse
is worried and has been trying to talk to Festus, but
to no avail.

Edge and Vicki are now shown together in bed. There
is whipped cream as well as strawberries involved.
The lights in the room go out while you hear what's
going on. Lights come back on again and Teddy Long is
there saying that he's no longer guarding the door
while they have their strawberry cravings and he's
leaving. Edge tells Vicki he'll make her forget about
all that and the lights go out again.

Undertaker vs. Festus w/Jesse
This was a surprisingly good match. Lots of back and
forth action and a number of false finishes. The
closing moments had Undertaker moving out of the way
of Festus charging at him in the corner knocking the
referee out. Undertaker followed by using the figure
four like chokehold. Another referee ran down to the
ring to make the call because Festus had passed out.
Winner: Undertaker

Jesse ran into the ring to try to revive Festus.
Undertaker kept looking down and Jesse told him to
back off. Officials and Jesse help Festus to the back
while Undertaker celebrates in the ring posing for the
crowd. I think this is where the feed gets cut off.
Hawkins and Ryder run down to the ring. Taker is able
to battle them off prompting Edge, Chavo and the
bodyguard to the ring. Batista's music hits and he
joins the fray to assist Taker. Kane then makes his
way out to join in the battle. Finally the Big Show
runs down to join in. We get stereo chokeslams as
Taker has Edge, Kane has Chavo, Show has the
bodyguard, and Batista has either Ryder or Hawkins.
The heels leave the ring while the faces pose for the
crowd. Batista leaves, but not before setting off his
pyro. Big Show poses for the crowd in the ring before
setting off pyro on the ramp. Kane and Taker leave
together with their trademark right arm raise.

Torrie Wilson Might retire--The following is from Torrie's myspace blog where she hints that she might be done with ring action

Hey Buddies!

Well, the trip to Orlando was great! I brought one of my best friends, Jill, with me as well as 2 of my brothers and I must say we really rocked Orlando! It took me over a week to recover, but it was all worth it!

My health is doing ok as far as back problems. I must say there are days that I wake up and ask myself why the heck I put my body through what I did the last few years but it's all worthe it. I can never trade all of the awesome experiences that I have had in the WWE and of course all of the great life long friends that I have made along the way. I have been told by 2 back surgeons that I should never set foot in a wrestling ring again if I want to be moving around in a few years on my own. Pretty depressing if you ask me....I don't even have some awesome memory of what my last match even was or who it was with. Hopefully it was with Victoria and I beat her! (-: I guess everything happens for a reason for sure. Regardless of not traveling with WWE as of late, I have actually been ridiculously busy lately working on more designs for my up and coming clothing line. I must say that I am soooo excited to wear some of the cool stuff that we are coming up with and I hope you are too! Only time will tell....

I had an awesome night out with my WWE friends in Orlando and also got to hit the mall with my best shopping partner ever, Michell McCool! That girl can SHOP! ..never ever thought that I could meet my match but I have and more. (-: I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't have had some sort of role in Wrestlemania itself, but understand that priorities are not with someone that isn't feeling their best ....maybe it's better that I wasn't a part of it who knows! It was pretty weird watching it as a fan though...I even had the experience of filing into the citrus bowl with everybody else and it was CRAZY!!!!!

I am heading over to Japan on the 17th of this month to host a wrestlemania viewing party with the fans and I am soooo excited! I love love love Japan and of course the show was so good that I can't wait to watch it again.

I must say that I am absolutely going so stir crazy being home after traveling nearly 300 days per year for the last 7 years, but I am guessing that God is telling me to take a break.

Matchea for blacklash 2008:

WWE is advertising the following matches for the Backlash pay-per-view, which takes place in Baltimore, Md. on April 27:

-Randy Orton vs. John Cena JBL vs. Triple H in a fatal four-way match for the WWE Title.

-Undertaker vs. Edge for the World Hvt. Title.

-Shawn Michaels vs. Batista.

-Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Title.

-Big Show vs. Great Khali

Brothers of Destruction will be on ECW next week

WWE announced at the end of ECW tonight that World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker will be teaming up with ECW Champion Kane on next week's Sci-Fi broadcast. No word yet on who the Brothers of Destruction will be facing, but it will probably be Ryder and Hawkins or Chavo Guerrero and his new bodyguard.

Two Superstars moved to ECW
Kane and Chavo's proflies have been moved from SD to ECW
They are now on ECW.

Triple H might be moved to SD.

- WWE Diva Maria mentioned hearing rumors that WWE will be holding a draft this year in a new interview her and Candice Michelle did with IGN TV. Said Maria, . "And if there is, I'm hanging on for dear life. If they tell me that I have to go over to wherever, I'm hanging onto the podium and saying 'no, I'm not going.' RAW is my home for…almost four years now. Both of us. We came in at the same time. I can't imagine going anywhere else."

In that same interview, Candice noted that she should be returning to action in around eight to ten weeks.

it's so crazy.. I used to be such a huge wrestling fan.. One time I mean I knew EVERYTHING.. I studied it like I do Mike..

But now I look at the roster and only know the names of HALF of the people on there.. lol!

So crazy how much has changed within the past 5 years that I've stopped being religious about it..

I mean I was there, I would spend my life stawling for wrestling to start.. Ordered every PPV.. trivia out the @$$..

There was a time period that I seriously planned to go to wrestling school and try to connect with the WWE.. What turned me away was 1 things.
1) I did not agree AT all where WWE was taking wrestling and did not want to be a part of it in the same way.. I felt the new writting staff was HORRIBLE.. (there still is pretty crapy people in there)

My friend and I visted several wrestling schools, we were lined up to go and everything.. Then wrestling just took this turn that I could not fallow..

I miss the hell out of it though.. :(

I still watch it time to time..

If disliking WWE storylines was enough to give up training to become a wrestler, it was probably a wise choice. People who try to become pro wrestlers are usually extremely passionate about performing and spend years working their asses off in non-major organizations just to get to the big show.

^ OK!! lol! whatever you say..

The passion is NOT just wrestling.. Why do people go for WWE??

There are hundreds of other orginizations to work for..

WWE?? WHY?? it's obviously not JUST the wrestling. You can wrestle anywhere..

You go into someplace like WWE because of the whole package.. The westling, the story.. Everything..

WWE would not be Anything without the story.. What took wrestling to the next level was the story.

That is what made it to be the WWF (WWE).. If not, it would not have been the largest wrestling orginization.

It's not the money, some other orginizations pay more.. Especially when Ted Turner was in charge in a large way.

What grabs peoples attention is the wrestling, but what HOOKS them to be a fan/normal viewer is the story, the character developement.. Without that, what do you have??? Just another wrestling orginization.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about just wrestling. Even just WWE (though it's usually a long way there), I was just saying I didn't see the sense in already planning out whether the current storyline were to your liking if one planned on living that lifestyle. There are thousands of roadblocks in a career path like that, and "I don't like the current storylines" makes it sound like you didn't have enough love for it to last. Wrestlers end up with several scenarios that piss them off and they can't stand, but something keeps them there: an incredible passion simply for the art of performing itself; working a match, working an audience, manipulating emotions, connecting and getting yourself over... all of that is still there, and it's what pro wrestlers yearn to do. WWE superstars and wrestlers in general yearn to do it so much that they sacrifice their families, their health, and often times stories that they don't necessarily wanna do. Just because they love the essentials of the profession, which are always there.

I'm only commenting 'cause I know someone who is a wrestler, and the work that goes into it is insane. You have to have an unusually strong love for the craft, which doesn't disappear even if the creative isn't as great as the Attitude Era.

Just an observation, though. I don't really care that much about other people's life choices. It's not like I plan on being a wrestler either.

Last edited:
^ I'm well aware.. I mean I have sat down and talked to several wrestlers in the industry..

I have even spent time with Vince, and J.R..

I've done wrestling on that level that you speak about. But it was not enough for me.. I desired the whole package.. Though I enjoyed it, it did not forfill everything.. (for me)

Also, when I said story did it for me.. that is basically what pulled the trigger, there were other aspects that made me struggle with the desision not to fallow it.. Another big thing is I was in a serious relationship, that I don't think SHE could handel it.. that was another big one..

But the TRIGGER for me was the story.. I mean I have a strong passion for story telling, and art.. I'm studying film productions now.. So I mean if you have a strong desire in that aswell.. And wrestling was another..

It's hard to give up one for the other..

Also to be honest.. I put a lot of things aside because of wrestling.. For example I have been dancing since the age of 3.. But wrestling took over my life in such a huge way there was a time period that I just STOPPED.. cuz I was too focused on wrestling.. and yes Dancing has always been a passion..

Also I thought to myself.. What am I going to do?? either I work out to get bigger so I would not have to be a light-weight. (which then I would be too heavy to dance the way I do) Or slim down so I could dance better..

Just a lot of factors went into it..

When I was going into wrestling I was 210 lbs.. I am only 5ft 8.. that is not a big wrestler by any means.. And I all ready could not dance the same, so what gain another 20-3o lbs TO THAT?? Now I am 170.. that allows me to dance pretty quickly.

I have to chose..

All of that stuff you mentioned about your life is totally cool to give up wrestling for. As I said, I don't plan on being a wrestler either, so it's not like I'm looking down on you or anything lol. I only meant that doing it solely because storylines weren't as good as of late would put it under question that somebody was truly passionate about the profession in the first place, which obviously isn't the case for you.

Wrestling is awesome, enough said!

the Ric Flair retirement finale was the best thing they've done in a year.

Spoilers for SD! 4/18/08

SMACKDOWN:

MVP beat Tommy Dreamer. Matt Hardy did commentary.

Hornswoggle beat Matt Striker.

Chavo Guerrero beat Jamie Noble.

The Big Show beat Mark Henry by DQ when Great Khali got involved and laid out Show.

Cherry beat Victoria.

Vladimir Kozlov beat Leroy Kincaid, billed from London.

Chris Jericho did an in-ring segment with Batista saying that Batista is just mad he wasn't the person to retire Ric Flair, so Batista laid him out.

Batista vs. The Undertaker went to a double countout after Edge's crew got involved. Vickie Guerrero announced a rematch, for the World title, on next week's episode.

Report by Steve McLaren and http://www.wrestlingobserver.com

Smackdown -

- Highlight Reel with Batista. Jericho talks about how Batista would have loved to have been the man to retire Flair, Batista gets pissed and hits Jericho with the Batista Bomb and leaves.

- Matt Hardy came down for commentary. Dreamer was in the ring awaiting MVP. MVP defeated Dreamer.

- Chavo (with his bodyguard) defeated Jamie Noble

- Big Show defeated Mark Henry via DQ after Khali came down. Post match Khali slammed the Big Show, was quite the sight live!

- Cherry defeated Victoria. This match was long and boring; the crowd did pop huge for the finish though.

- The Russian dude defeated Leroy Kidcade. Kidcade got a huge pop when they announced he was from London.

- Batista and Undertaker went to a count-out finish. The crowd were almost 100% behind Taker, Batista got a lot of boos all night. Edge and his geeks were at ringside. After the match, Taker pulled Edge over the rail and beat on him. The geeks came in, so did Chavo and his bodyguard but Big Dave and Taker fought them off. Vickie came out to so much heat and made a re-match for the World Title next week between Batista and the Undertaker.

WWE News: Jeff Hardy's Return, Photographers Banned From Ringside
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 1:24 PM EST

-- Jeff Hardy is currently serving a 60 day suspension for his second Wellness Policy violation. Reader Devin Cutting sent in word that the Pan American Center in Las Cruces, New Mexico is advertising the following matches for the RAW brand house show on June 20th:

John Cena vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship

DX vs. Umaga & Snitsky

Chris Jericho vs. Mr. Kennedy for the Intercontinental Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. Lance Cade

Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella & Carlito for the World Tag Team Championship

-- PWInsider.com reports that WWE has banned photographers from ringside at RAW, SmackDown! and ECW television tapings. The company feels the photographers are showing up too prominently on television, so they will now have to shoot from the area where WWE sets up their stationary TV cameras. They will still be allowed at ringside for house shows.

Latest On Big Daddy V's Disappearance From WWE, ECW Announcing Situation, Rock Impersonator
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 7:05 PM EST

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

-- It was reported last week that Big Daddy V was sent home because WWE officials were concerned about his health and wanted him to drop some weight. The latest word on this is Big Daddy V won't be able to return to the ring until he loses 50 pounds.

-- With Mike Adamle apparently replacing Joey Styles as the play-by-play announcer on ECW, Styles will be involved with WWE.com in some capacity. Additionally, Styles is not going to be announcing on SmackDown.

-- A British man who posed as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in an attempt to receive free Everton Football Club & Manchester United Football Club tickets and merchandise has plead guilty to three counts of fraud. The person in question is currently receiving psychiatric treatment. Click here to read an article on the situation and to see a picture of the impersonator.

Huge Spoiler/News Concerning ECW Announce Team
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 3:11 PM EST

source: PWInsider.com

It was announced just a short while ago at today's SmackDown/ECW taping in London that Mike Adamle is the new play-by-play announcer for ECW. He will be calling tonight's entire ECW broadcast with Tazz.

With Adamle in as the new play-by-play annnouncer for ECW, Joey Styles is obviously out. However, Styles' services will be retained by the company. WWE plans on moving him to an undetermined area within the organization.

Broke.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

has this guy had an interview where he hasnt screwed up a line yet, and they take Joey Styles off commentary for other duties. I'd say fire the other guy who looks like a 2nd rate game show host who cant get a line without cue cards!

Vince is going to screamin so loud down the headset to keep him straight that we'll be able to hear him, I mean who is he, has he had any experience at all, and yet they want him to go tell the story of a match when he cant even interview or give the audience a recap LOL!

Last edited:
The Rock "Dwayne Johnson" Heat on Him?

Several sources within WWE were surprised to hear reports of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson being aloof backstage at the Hall of Fame, because they thought he was just being his regular self and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Apparently there were only a couple people upset with Johnson, but they were top people in the company. Most of the heat on Rock has been attributed either to jealousy or not knowing that he had to leave immediately because he’s working on the Witch Mountain film.

The Rock talked to Vince before the show and talked about having some fun on the show and having a long monologue to open up the show as if he was the host of the show. He told Vince that he would roast some of the guys in attendance and be self-deprecating. McMahon loved the idea and Rock apparently said that he was having a great time and would have gone for another hour if he could have.

Both Rock and Flair went long with their segments, but only Flair was told to 'wrap it up.'

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Personally anyone who said he had heat with Stone Cold and HHH, etc must be personal friends with them or were backstage with Vince and the others to see this HEAT! lol

anything to make an internet story huh? and all because some made jokes about how long The Rock went at the HOF, my god they did it to JR at last years too! Cant people take jokes now without it being genuine heat, i guess some people believe more of the backstage stuff than the actual wrestling storylines now.

no problem, didnt know there was a thread for it, I'll try and do it more often with a little bit of my opinion afterwards! LOL!

[FONT=Verdana, arial]More On WrestleMania Theft, JR's Health, Shamrock Backstage Raw

[/FONT]
- As noted earlier, there was a major theft backstage WrestleMania XXIV. As of right now, no one knows who did it, and since there was so many people backstage that don't work for WWE, it is likely to have been anyone. Several Superstars had their wallets stolen, passports stolen, and keys stolen. Matt Hardy has both his wallet and passport stolen. Batista had his Rolex watch stolen which was said to have been valued at around $35,000.

- Jim Ross had a health scare on April 4th. The senior WWE announcer was hospitalized with fear he may have colon cancer. As it turned out he had several polyps removed, and thankfully they were all benign. He was bleeding pretty badly when he was in Orlando for WrestleMania, but it was not the week to call in sick.

- Speaking of Ross, he mentioned on his official website (we also reported on this previously) that WWE presented Rings to all the Hall of Famers this year and that they are in the process of making rings for all the previous inductees. (NB Ric Flair was showing off a ring when he walked down the ramp on Raw after Wrestlemania, a kind of ruby coloured ring, would this be it?)

- Ken Shamrock was backstage at Raw last week in Albany as he was in the area doing a promotion.

Source: WrestlingExposed.com

Reason for Styles Removal from ECW Commentating Team

Broke.png

To the surprise of many (including WWE talent) the announcement was made backstage at yesterday's ECW/SmackDown tapings in London, England that Mike Adamle would replace Joey Styles full time as the play-by-play man for the ECW brand. It was later revealed in an announcement that was included on last night's ECW on Sci-Fi broadcast that Styles would take over as the "Head of WWE.com." In reality, the official WWE website will still be overseen by Brian Kalinowski but Styles will assume the managing editor role similar to what Michael Cole used to do for the website.

From what I understand the move was not made because of heat on Styles but is rather due to Adamle's hefty contract. It is believed that Adamle is making in excess of $300,000 a year (NB WOW more than some wrestlers!?!?!) and officials within WWE (including Vince McMahon) felt like he was not being used enough for his price tag. Furthermore the feeling internally is that the official WWE website is struggling and they need someone with Internet experience. Prior to his stint with WWE, Joey Styles was the co-owner of the original ECW website (formerly located at ECWWrestling.com) and the 1Wrestling website. With Styles having a lot of knowledge in the Internet field, the company felt like he would be a good man to help improve the website which has become a significant piece of WWE.

Styles will not only continue to travel to ECW/SmackDown TVs each week but from what I understand, he will also travel to Raw on Monday nights. Styles will be based out of an office at WWE's Corporate Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.

Source: WrestlingExposed.com

The Rock "Dwayne Johnson" Heat on Him?

Several sources within WWE were surprised to hear reports of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson being aloof backstage at the Hall of Fame, because they thought he was just being his regular self and didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Apparently there were only a couple people upset with Johnson, but they were top people in the company. Most of the heat on Rock has been attributed either to jealousy or not knowing that he had to leave immediately because he’s working on the Witch Mountain film.

The Rock talked to Vince before the show and talked about having some fun on the show and having a long monologue to open up the show as if he was the host of the show. He told Vince that he would roast some of the guys in attendance and be self-deprecating. McMahon loved the idea and Rock apparently said that he was having a great time and would have gone for another hour if he could have.

Both Rock and Flair went long with their segments, but only Flair was told to 'wrap it up.'

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Can't comment on the alleged heat without having been there, although none of the people he talked about looked angry in the crowd. It's also a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. If he had been formal and not done a whole Rock-like speech, then people would complain that they wanted to see The Rock, instead of people who complain now that he talked too much. Whatever, I was glad to see him do his thing on a WWE show again, and anyone who doesn't think his presence was a high selling point of the program is lying to themselves.

I love Flair, but his jab at Rock at the ceremony was pointless and idiotic. Something about how Cena will "never leave our business for Hollywood." Lame.

The Rock is the man and he can do anything with his life that he chooses to. It is not his God given responsibility to entertain people on a wrestling show, as some people believe it is. Just be happy he gave us the memories he did. I think if the entire current WWE roster wrestled from now until the day they died, they still would not be as big as Johnson became in his 6-7 year tenure as The Rock.

Can't comment on the alleged heat without having been there, although none of the people he talked about looked angry in the crowd. It's also a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. If he had been formal and not done a whole Rock-like speech, then people would complain that they wanted to see The Rock, instead of people who complain now that he talked too much. Whatever, I was glad to see him do his thing on a WWE show again, and anyone who doesn't think his presence was a high selling point of the program is lying to themselves.

I love Flair, but his jab at Rock at the ceremony was pointless and idiotic. Something about how Cena will "never leave our business for Hollywood." Lame.

The Rock is the man and he can do anything with his life that he chooses to. It is not his God given responsibility to entertain people on a wrestling show, as some people believe it is. Just be happy he gave us the memories he did. I think if the entire current WWE roster wrestled from now until the day they died, they still would not be as big as Johnson became in his 6-7 year tenure as The Rock.

I agree with, I think the whole heat thing was exaggerated as he wouldnt have been invited in the first place if he had heat with Vince for doing movies instead of being with the company. I think some of the old school guys feel their passion for the business and cant understand Rock wanting to leave it given he grew up in it. I dont agree with that, I agree with you that it is his choice what he wants to do.

However it would be cool if he could show up more with some guest appearances and just be "The Rock", but i guess due to his busy schedule he cant.

Ric Flair Honored By Congresswoman in the House Of Representatives
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM EST

Yesterday morning Congresswoman Sue Myrick made a speech on the floor of the United States House of Representatives honoring Nature Boy Ric Flair. You can see video of her speech here.

Here's a transcript:

Thank you Mr. Speaker

I would like to honor the career of a man whom I am proud to call both a constituent and a friend.

Ric Flair's professional wrestling career of 36 years, in which he entertained millions of people around the world, recently came to a close.

He will forever be known as an innovator, a pioneer, and perhaps the greatest that his industry has ever seen. By any standard, Ric Flair is a living legend.

His name is recognized all over the world, but he calls Charlotte, NC home.

On his way to being named a record 16-time world champion, Flair became famous for his bleached blond hair, designer suits, and charismatic on-stage persona, while dishing out his trademark chops-and of course, the dreaded Figure Four Leglock.

On March 29, 2008, Ric Flair became the first active wrestler to ever be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Often imitated, but never duplicated, Ric Flair's legacy will forever be synonymous with the world of professional wrestling.

A fixture at Carolina Hurricanes and Panthers games in my home state, the joy and emotion Ric Flair's very presence evokes will certainly continue on for a very, very long time.

Today I honor the outstanding career of the "Nature Boy"-and congratulate Charlotte's favorite son-Ric Flair.

WHOOOO!

Ric Flair Honored By Congresswoman in the House Of Representatives...
Today I honor the outstanding career of the "Nature Boy"-and congratulate Charlotte's favorite son-Ric Flair.

WHOOOO!

there will never be another Flair, there will be only one, WHHHOOOO!

I hope he still shows up everynow and again like Stone Cold and does a few elbow and knee drops on his jacket! :lol:

have you guys seen the footage from youtube where Undertaker and Vince came down during his Farewell celebration on Raw after it went off the air?

have you guys seen the footage from youtube where Undertaker and Vince came down during his Farewell celebration on Raw after it went off the air?

Yes, I did, it was very touching. I liked how taker kneeled before Flair and then raised his hand, and then gave the natich one last big hug.:D

Back