The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

Yes, I did, it was very touching. I liked how taker kneeled before Flair and then raised his hand, and then gave the natich one last big hug.:D

Yea the respect shown there was so emotional! Ive seen footage were you can see Flair bawling his eyes out as Taker does that because its so unheard of. Undertaker never comes to the ring when these sort of things go on. My favourite part was when Shawn came down, the crowd was silent, Ive never seen that before...totally silent and then the two of them just cried and embraced each other, Flair officially passing the torch to Shawn.

Appparently they were worried about Flair getting through the match because he was so emotional, he could barely hold it together during the promo before the match, you could tell he was almost crying as walked out the shot, and also in the ring, it was so emotional watching him crying as he knew the match was going to end with that last superkick. And they say wrestling isnt real! you wont get anymore real emotion than that!

For anyone who hasnt seen it, its very touching, a very emotional time, wrestlers openly weeping, I cried like a baby watching this!

Ric Flair Tribute - "Leave the Memories Alone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlDLT4AEa6c

Flair Farewell Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChMb7raKf4U

Flair Farewell Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kau1tdUXgJQ

Undertaker and Vince Come Down to Pay Respect to Ric Flair (OFF AIR)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWubfIKUPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYKTwD5gPjA

Last edited:
Yea the respect shown there was so emotional! Ive seen footage were you can see Flair bawling his eyes out as Taker does that because its so unheard of. Undertaker never comes to the ring when these sort of things go on. My favourite part was when Shawn came down, the crowd was silent, Ive never seen that before...totally silent and then the two of them just cried and embraced each other, Flair officially passing the torch to Shawn.

Appparently they were worried about Flair getting through the match because he was so emotional, he could barely hold it together during the promo before the match, you could tell he was almost crying as walked out the shot, and also in the ring, it was so emotional watching him crying as he knew the match was going to end with that last superkick. And they say wrestling isnt real! you wont get anymore real emotion than that!

For anyone who hasnt seen it, its very touching, a very emotional time, wrestlers openly weeping, I cried like a baby watching this!

Flair Farewell Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChMb7raKf4U

Flair Farewell Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kau1tdUXgJQ
I almost cried at these parts, cause you could see the tears streaming down his face..It was really hard for me to hold back my tears.

It was even harder for me watching the match at WM24--I cried twice.

I almost cried at these parts, cause you could see the tears streaming down his face..It was really hard for me to hold back my tears.

It was even harder for me watching the match at WM24--I cried twice.

Yea I cried when I knew the last superkick was coming and they were going home and I noticed Ric was bawling his eyes out, and then it was over. The walk to the back was very emotional too! :(

Yea I cried when I knew the last superkick was coming and they were going home and I noticed Ric was bawling his eyes out, and then it was over. The walk to the back was very emotional too! :(
I knew it was coming because you could see the look in Shawn's eyes, and he looked at flair and said, "I'm sorry, I love you" and then gave flair sweet chin music. Then when it was over both of them cried.:(

**spoiler on who Cherry will mange on SD!**

Cherry will manage Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang

This comes after Cherry was insulted by Deuce and Domineo

Maryse will manage D&D

Link : http://www.f4wonline.com

Former ECW Owner Heyman Blasts New Announcer

Paul Heyman is back with another column at The Sun. This week, he blasts WWE for their decision to replace Joey Styles with Mike Adamle as the play-by-play man for ECW television.

Here are some quotes from Heyman:

-- "Adamle's performance was so terrible, it drew an intense reaction from even casual fans who couldn't possibly care less, and who were ready to take a baseball bat and smash their television sets after listening to his butchering of the program."

-- "Adamle is horrible. No one likes him. People at home actually loathe his presence on the show. AND THAT'S EXACTLY THE SORT OF PASSIONATE RESPONSE VINCE McMAHON IS LOOKING FOR Do you really think Vince doesn't realise how incompetent this tra-la-la-goon-de-yay of an announcer is?

-- "The ECW show from the UK was TAPED. That means there was time for Adamle to grab a mic backstage and clean up the performance. Not the whole miserable, horrible, intolerable hour. Just the really obvious "branding" issues, like all 3 letters that identify World Wrestling Entertainment. Hey, that would be a start, don't you think?"

Source: Thesun.co.uk and Wrestlingexposed.com

Here are the scheduled matches as of right now for WWE events in Canada, Australia and New Zealand:

RAW in Montreal, Quebec - May 2
*Triple H vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
*Chris Jericho vs. Umaga for the IC Championship
*Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix for the Women's Championship
*Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Trevor Murdoch & Lance Cade vs. Cryme Tyme for the World Tag Team Championships

Smackdown/ECW in Moncton, New Brunswick - May 3
*Batista vs. Edge in a Special Challenge Match
*Kane & Matt Hardy vs. The Big Show & Chavo Guerrero
*Finlay vs. MVP for the US Championship.

RAW in Hamilton, Ontario - May 3
*Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Umaga for the WWE Championship
*Chris Jericho vs. Snitsky for the IC Championship
*Maria & Candice vs. Katie & Beth Phoenix

Smackdown/ECW in Fredericton, New Brunswick - May 4
(afternoon show)
Batista & Matt Hardy vs. Edge & MVP
*The Big Show vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder in a handicap match

Smackdown/ECW in Saint John, New Brunswick - May 4
(evening show)
*Batista vs. Edge - No DQ, Kane & Matt Hardy vs. The Big Show & Chavo Guerrero
*Finlay vs. MVP for the US Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Melbourne, Australia - June 13
*Undertaker vs. Edge for the World Heayweight Championship
*Batista & Rey Misterio vs. Big Show & Mark Henry
*Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Adelaide, Australia - June 14
*The Undertaker & Batista vs. Edge & The Big Show
*Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Henry
*Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Sydney, Australia - June 15
*Undertaker vs. Edge vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship
*The Big Show vs. The Great Khali
*Kane vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Newcastle, Australia - June 16
*The Undertaker, Batista, Rey Mysterio, & Matt Hardy vs. Edge, The Big Show, The Great Khali, & MVP
*Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Brisbane, Australia - June 17
*3rd Annual Brisbane Cup - Over the Top Battle Royal, winner faces The Undertaker later in the night - featuring Batista, Edge, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, he Great Khali, Matt Hardy, MVP, Mark Henry, Finlay,
CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Kenny Dykstra and many more!

Smackdown/ECW in Auckland, New Zealand - June 18
*Batista & Rey Misterio vs. Big Show & Mark Henry
*Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk for the ECW Championship

Smackdown/ECW in Christchurch, New Zealand - June 19
*The Undertaker, Batista, & Rey Mysterio vs. Edge, The Big Show, & Mark Henry
*Finlay vs. MVP for the US Championship

A RAW event in Boise, Idaho on June 14 has John Cena vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, JBL vs. Triple H in a No-DQ match, and Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga

Source: PWI

- Ken Kennedy is expected to make his return to WWE television at tomorrow night's three-hour edition of Raw from the BI-LO Center in Greenville, South Carolina. Kennedy has been away from WWE television for the past several weeks filming a straight-to-DVD film in Puerto Rico.

- John Cena is also expected to be at tomorrow night's edition of Raw. Cena is currently filming the movie 12 Rounds in New Orleans, Louisiana. As most of you know, Cena did not go overseas with WWE which is why he was not on Raw last week.

LMAO!

in an ironic way, people might actually tune in more to hear this cause its some funny ****! he hasnt a clue, Vince must be having a seizure backstage on the headset! :lol:
As Heymen said:
Do you really think Vince doesn't realise how incompetent this tra-la-la-goon-de-yay of an announcer is?

Ultimate Warrior Returning To The Ring This June
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM EST

Former WWE Champion Ultimate Warrior will be wrestling in his first match in nearly ten years when he takes on Orlando Jordan on Wednesday, June 25 in Barcelona, Spain.

The following press release was issued from his agent to WarriorCentral.net, among other websites:

The Ultimate Warrior Announces His Return To Pro Wrestling

Staggering news resounded in the NWE Arena during the Madrid show on April 19th. More than 15,000 fans had the chance to see the award presentation which celebrated the career of professional wrestling icon, The Ultimate Warrior; who was in attendance to accept his award. However, controversy erupted during the presentation when NWE Champion Orlando Jordan mocked a young fan of Warrior's at the event. Warrior was quick to come to the defense of this fan which led to a heated conflict between Warrior and Jordan.

On June 25th 2008 in Barcelona, after a 12 year absence from the ring, The Ultimate Warrior will officially make his wrestling comeback in a match against Jordan. The news was confirmed this morning by Warrior's agent, Bernie Gernay in a statement.

"For over 10 years this is what the entire wrestling world has been waiting for, the return of the Warrior. We are excited to bring back the greatest character and energy to ever get into the ring. Ultimate Warrior is an incredible marketing machine and has kept a tremendous value to his name which is why the NWE has stepped up with a substantial deal that worked very well for both sides. There is no disputing that Warrior left a mark on professional wrestling that no other talent did and the reason why still today he is often imitated, but never duplicated."

Over the next few days the NWE will inform fans of the preparations for one of the biggest and most important wrestling events ever to be held in Europe. As the news progresses it is sure to be the headlines of wrestling news and forums throughout the internet and will most certainly have all in the wrestling industry and fans alike in great anticipation to see what the Warrior will deliver on June 25th, and perhaps beyond.

Bernie J. Gernay
Agent for The Ultimate Warrior

See rare video of Andre the Giant pinning Warrior; pics from Warrior's infamous WCW stint

Terri Runnels Speaks Out On Leaving WWE, Brian Pillman, Diva Search, Hardy Boys, Chyna, More
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM EST

Former WWE diva & backstage announcer, Terri Runnels, was one of the special guests on this past week's live edition (04/14/08) of Monday Night Mayhem (presented by Sweet Sunshine Sauces) -- which can be heard in streaming audio every week (hosted by The Big Mosh, Blade, & DFL), and heard LIVE at 8PM ET/7PM CT every Monday night) exclusively on The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network (www.MondayNightMayhem.com, www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com, & www.ITunes.com).

This Mayhem exclusive (co-hosted by The Mayhem's National Correspondent & former ECW official, The Monster Factory's Jim Molineaux & WrestleView.com's Adam Martin) can now be heard for FREE in Windows Streaming Media, or via podcast/the MNM On ITunes.

April 14th Monday Night Mayhem (Windows Streaming Media):
www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/041408.wax

April 14th Monday Night Mayhem (Official MNM Podcast):
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/mondaynightmayhem/~3/271027420/041408.mp3

Here are some of the highlights from Terri's interview on the show, provided by The Mayhem’s host, John "The Big Mosh" Masiulionis.

The Big Mosh, Jim Molineaux, & Adam Martin welcome Terri on board The MNM airwaves, and she extends her thanks to The Mayhem for her first-ever show appearance.

Terri will be appearing at the UWF live events on May 1st (Colonial Heights, VA) & May 2nd (Harrisonburg, VA), in which some you fans have the opportunity to support The Hermie & Elliott Sadler Foundation projects, Autism Speaks, & Kyle Petty's Junction Gang Camp. Besides Terri, you fans can have the opportunity to manage such stars as: WWE Hall Of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler, Scotty 2 Hotty, Samoa Joe, Shark Boy, Matt "Spike Dudley" Hyson, Joey Matthews, & many more. You can also bid to become the guest ring announcer for the main event match both nights. Check out www.UWFUSA.com, as the auction runs through April 28th. Terri wants her #1 fan to win her part of the charity auction, so if you think you are Terri's biggest fan ever, now is your chance to make your voice heard, help out a noble cause, & and be rewarded in the process!

Mosh asks Terri if the transition to performing full-time in the WWE to extracting herself from the business entirely has been an easy or difficult one. Terri said "both yes & no." For the first year & a half after leaving World Wrestling Entertainment, she relished in her new role of a stay-at-home mom. After that, she purchased her own business involving youth soccer. Terri loved her eighteen years she spent in the professional wrestling ("It's in your blood...You can't ditch it."). Even though she loved her time in the road, there came a time when "the performer in her" could not watch the product. She said that it was nice to be able to step away, and that leaving was a sort of "cathartic effect." However, the memories of the business will never leave her.

Many fans remember Terri's introduction into the business as Alexandra York in World Championship Wrestling, and how that character very much differed from the controversial Marlena character in the WWE. Terri went on record with The Mayhem, saying she came up with the name of her WCW persona, while Tony Schiavone & Old Anderson that did the rest. At the time when Dustin was in the WWE, she felt that something was missing when it came to the women in the company: they had Sunny currently on the roster, and "Sensational" Sherri Martel had just left -- so they had "a hard-hitting" woman & a "cheerleader-esque" woman, but she believed that the WWE did not have a "sexy" performer, one who could possibly be a valet or manager for Goldust. Terri's sister had a doll from many a years that was named "Sun Goddess" by Bob Mackie, and that's where Marlena's "visual" came from. Dustin advised her to call Vince McMahon to pitch the idea, which she did. In the process, she landed up hearing back from Pat Patterson, who more or less said "We'll be in touch." Not that long after that conversation, she received the word that the WWE was going to work in her idea. She was hoping that just as the Goldust character was going to be over-the-top from a dramatic performance standpoint that hers could be as well (similar to the actress from the 1950's, Marlena Dietrich, from her day). Terri was a huge fan of cigars, and asked Vince if she could incorporate that into her character. Originally, the cigar was not lit at all, but after telling him "that looked stupid," she was able to smoke the cigars during the matches for the full effect she had wanted, and as Terri said..."the rest was history." Plain & simple, she loved working with Dustin as Marlena & Goldust.

Plus, in her first interview/public comments since leaving World Wrestling Entertainment close to four years ago, Terri Runnels graced the airwaves (along with The Mayhem's National Correspondent, The Monster Factory's Jim Molineaux & WrestleView.com's Adam Martin) to discuss coming back to the business, as well as break down her run as "Marlena" in the WWE & teaming with her husband (Dustin "Goldust" Rhodes), her memories of working with the late Brian Pillman, managing The Hardy Boyz (and the infamous Terri Invitational Tournament vs. Edge/Christian) & Perry Saturn, her time as Alexandra York in World Championship Wrestling, as well getting her thoughts on the product of today & the current crop of divas/knockouts, and the transition of life from inside the squared circle to outside of the business -- into working on her latest projects with children of all ages, her speaking engagements, & much more!

1996 into 1997 saw the advent of more "reality-based" storylines in the WWE. Fans to this day do not forget the angle between Goldust & the late Brian Pillman, with Terri at the center of the on-camera feud between the two. A decade after his passing, Terri wished to reflect on Brian's contributions to the business (which she described as "extremely important"), as well as one of the most controversial angles in professional wrestling history. As many people already know, Terri went out with Brian for a brief period of time in WCW. Around that time, Brian found out that he was going to be a father & that his former girlfriend was pregnant, so they thought it would be best to just remain friends. She feels that had Brian not passed, the angle between the three of them would have been one of the best angles this business has ever seen. She let The Mayhem know what was really supposed to happen in the angle: After Brian's "possession" of Terri had expired after the 30 days, Dustin & Terri were going to renew their vows in the center of the ring. When it would have come to someone objecting, Brian was to have interfered, leading to him & Dustin coming to blows. In the meanwhile, Terri was to have stayed in the center of her ring in her gold wedding dress, then jumped over Brian's bloody, beaten, & lifeless body, shocking Dustin & the worldwide audience by managing Brian from that point onward. The angle would have continued from there. The night before Brian passed away, Goldust & Brian had worked a house show, and Terri vividly remembers Brian as he was "extra rough" that night in the match. After the event, she had offered to Dustin to give Brian a ride back to the hotel, which never materialized. She did feel, at that time, he was "partaking in some things he should have not been partaking in." Looking back on that night, it's hard for her to say had & Dustin given Brian a lift back that things might not have gone down the way they did, where he was found dead prior to the PPV that next morning. She is very sad that Brian not only left behind a wife, but a daughter as well. "Wrestling lost a great wrestler...and I lost a great friend."

Fast-forwarding several years, Terri played a very integral role in the furthering of the feud between The Hard Boyz & Edge/Christian, and the establishing of the Terri Invitational Tournament (the acronym she was "not that proud of"). Terri was very pleased at the finished product of the angle between both teams, as well as how it launched their respective careers, and of course...the teased sexual nature of the whole tournament. Even though she was not old enough to be their mother, she cared about both Matt & Jeff like a motherly figure. Terri was very glad that she was able to work with both Edge & Christian as well, as she had known them for a while as well. If there is anything she could take from the entire angle, it was that "the time was fun."

She did not see her transition from her in-ring persona to her backstage announcer role as any sort of a challenge...actually quite the opposite. Terri told Mosh, Jim, & Adam that doing that "her best memories" were doing just that -- including her interviewing her time on RAW, as well as hosting WWE Excess with The Coach. She saw this new chapter of her career as a way to still get over with her fans, and not necessarily "sell herself out." Personally, she would have liked to have seen Excess last a little bit longer, especially with how well she worked with Jonathan Coachman, and if it had lasted, she would have preferred more of an ad-lib & less scripted format of the show.

Terri was very candid about her opinions on the concept of the WWE Diva Search...."I do not like them at all....It waters down the product...The women in the industry are like icing on the cake...Too much icing spoilers the cake...It's too much icing on the cake...It should be in the right doses & of the right sort." She feels that when the whole "Divas" concept took off, that they were "forced" down the fans throats, and it should be the opposite way around." Terri believes there are too many women in today's business, despite all of them being beautiful -- but many of them lack character. "It should be majority men, and the women should be the icing on the cake."

Adam, Jim, & Mosh gear up with a little Monday Night Mayhem Word Association:

The retirement of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair: "Sad...It breaks my heart to never be able to see him inside the ring ever again."

Perry Saturn: "Love him and miss him." She has lost touch with Perry, so if anyone has the abilities to get in touch with Perry that might be listening to this MNM interview/or reading this recap, Terri would like to catch up with him!

Eric Bischoff: "Canadian announcer with WCW"

Joanie "Chyna" Laurer: "Disappointed." Her daughter always used to call her "Ms. Big Joanie, and used to travel with her...not once seeing her even pick up a drink of any kind...Seeing her become what she has become is "disappointing" to Terri.

Val Venis: "Fun...Smiles...laughter...a very smart Canadian."

In this incredibly open shoot, Terri addresses plenty of additional topics in this near 60+minute interview, including her uncensored thoughts/takes on: why it is important to note & why does not see Vince McMahon as "wrestling's babysitter" (as well as why those in the wrestling business need to be responsible), if she saw any of the WWE divas "stealing" the Alexandra York look, if she was seen by the rest of those in the locker room as being given "preferential treatment" by being married to another WWE superstar, how intimidating it was for her to give Vince a call to pitch the Marlena character, the comparisons & contrasts between Alexandra York & Marlena, seeing The Blue Meanie as "BlueDust" for the first time, if it was difficult for her to switch over to the Goldust/Marlena/Luna Vachon angle after Brian Pillman's passing, the real reasons why she hated working wrestling matches with women (including Bikini Matches or "Paddle On A Pole" Matches), the media's portrayal of the wrestling business during the Benoit family tragedy, why "she would defend Triple H in a heartbeat" (and whether she thinks he deserves his spot in the business), how proud she was of Dusty Rhodes going into the WWE Hall Of Fame last year, & what it is like for her to give back to her fans at this stage of her career. Plus, Terri lets The Mayhem listening audience in on one of the most special & heart-warming stories you will ever hear involving WWE's charity work, and how her & many other WWE superstars (including "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Undertaker, & others) were able to give back to a very sick fan prior to his passing.

After wishing The Mayhem's Blade a happy & blessed Passover, in closing, Terri encourages all of her fans to check out her official website at www.TheRealTerriRunnels.com. Is there a return to World Wrestling Entertainment in her future? Listen to this Mayhem exclusive, check out her website, & who knows...you may find out!

WWE News: King Of The Ring News, JBL's Energy Drink, Torrie Wilson
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 10:06 AM EST

Source: PWInsider.com

-- Despite her back issues, Torrie Wilson flew to Japan to take part in promotional appearances for WWE last week. Torrie recently announced her retirement from the ring due to the back problems.

-- Sunday's "Media & Advertising" section of the New York Times featured a piece on JBL's new energy drink "Mamajuana". JBL described the drink by saying, "It’s more of a sex potion....Think of it as liquid Viagra."

-- While WWE has yet to announce which 8 superstars will be competing in tonight's King of the Ring tournament, we can confirm that talent from all three brands are scheduled to be backstage at tonight's 3-hour RAW special. This is a good indication that superstars form RAW, SmackDown & ECW will be involved.

Two RAW Returns Tonight, Who Was Drunk During ECW Last Week? Posted by Marc Middleton on 2008/4/21 7:30:29 (244 reads) - Both John Cena and Mr. Kennedy are set to be on RAW tonight, as they have been away from TV for a week or two working on other projects.

- New ECW Commentator Mike Adamle caused quite a scene during the taping of ECW in London last Tuesday night. Sources close to the WWE told me today that Adamle was incredibly nervous before the show went on the air, and drank a few glasses of wine in catering to calm his nerves. He may have pushed his limit, as I've heard stories all day about Adamle's actions over the course of the broadcast on Sci-Fi. Anyone who watched the show heard numerous botches on virtually every match, and at one point the camera showed Adamle reading off his script. Tazz was said to be very annoyed at having to essentially carry the broadcast, and was communicating with the back during most of the show. Adamle was said to have been very unsure of his performance, asking the production crew if he looked alright in front of the camera. The word backstage is that Mike Adamle will not last long in the ECW commentator position. Vince McMahon was said to have been furious backstage at some of Adamle's mistakes, especially because he spent so long preparing for the broadcast before the show aired.

Announced as the main event for tonight's three hour Raw King of the Ring special is an eight man tag featuring World Champion The Undertaker & ECW Champion Kane & John Cena & Triple H vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton & Edge & JBL & Chavo Guerrero.

Obviously, the inclusion of all these major names means the King of the Ring tournament will be used again as a vehicle to build a mid-card name for the future.

Source: PWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbaxHjxOlo4

THE RACE COMES TO RAW

TONIGHT on a Special Three-Hour
Edition of RAW!

The night before an important Pennsylvania primary, Presidential candidates Sen. Hillary Clinton, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain will each make a very special appearance on a three-hour edition of
Monday Night RAW

Tonight on the USA Network starting
at 8pm ET/7pm CT.

- Tonight’s Main Event; 8-Man Tag Team Match, World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker, ECW Champion Kane, Triple H & John Cena vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton, Edge, JBL & Chavo Guerrero

- Also tonight; the Presidential Showdown

- Lilian Garcia welcomes us to Raw and welcomes back the King of the Ring tournament, we will kick off with the 1st First Round Match.

(1) KOTR 1st Round Match – Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs. United States Champion MVP
Y2J gets the victory after he reverses the Playmaker into the Walls of Jericho. After the match Jericho sits on the throne set up at the entrance way

(2) KOTR 1st Round Match – CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy

Punk gets the win after countering Hardy’s roll up into a roll up of his own. Punk rests in the throne after the match. Punk advances to face Jericho in the Semi-Finals.

- We are shown footage of Clinton vs. Obama from the Raw vs. SmackDown video game

- It is announced that after the actions of last week, the WWE Championship match at Backlash will now be an elimination match.

- In a pre-recorded segment, JBL says he will not be eliminated at Backlash, he will once again become WWE Champions and take back the torch that he passed.

(3) KOTR 1st Round Match – The Great Khali vs. Finlay w/ Hornswoggle

Finlay wins via DQ after Khali ignores the referees count while using the ringpost against Finlay. After the match, Big Show makes his way to the ring, Show stares down Khali and Khali retreats.

- Back from the commercials, Finlay is being helped to the back after his knee was attacked by Khali.

(4) KOTR 1st Round Match – RAW GM William Regal vs. Hornswoggle
Regal beats Horny almost immediately with the Regal Stretch. Finlay comes back into the ring to help his son, Regal kicks Finlay in the knee. Regal will face Finlay in the Semi-Finals

- Shawn Michaels is walking backstage, he will come out to address Batista.

- We are shown highlights of WWEs European Tour.

- Shawn Michaels comes to the ring. He calls out Batista because he wants to ask him something face-to-face. HBK says last week on SmackDown Y2J had a good point when he asked Batista if he was jealous because he wanted to face Flair at WrestleMania? Batista asks if it would make HBK feel better if he said yes? He says the fact of the matter is he didnt want to be the one to end Flairs career. He says we are 6 days away from the match, and hes sick of talking about it. Shawn shows a part of the old HBK when he says that he IS the showstopper, main event, icon, Mr. WrestleMania and if people like it or not, he is, the man. HBK wishes Batista luck for this Sunday Youre gonna need it. They shake hands, Batista pulls Shawn in when he tries to walk away. Shawn teases Sweet Chin Music but Batista doesnt flinch. Batista laughs, barges past HBK and leaves.

- Up next, we will hear from Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton.

- Hillary Clinton addresses the WWE fans. She speaks about what she promises to provide America, she uses wrestling references. She tells us she will use the Peoples Elbow and the last man standing, may just be a woman!

(5) World Tag Team Champion Hardcore Holy w/ Cody Rhodes vs. Carlito w/ Santino Marella

Carlito wins with the Back Stabber. After the match, Santino gets on the mic, he says he and Carlito will take the titles from Holly and Rhodes. Rhodes grabs the mic, asks Santino if he ever shuts up and then hits Santino in the head with it!

- In a pre-recorded segment, Triple H talks about the WWE Championship match this Sunday, he says the winner will be the best of the best, Triple H says he knows he is the best, its up to the others to prove him wrong.

(6) KOTR Semi-Final Match - Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

Punk defeats Jericho with the GTS. Punk advances to the Finals to face either Finlay or Regal.

- We hear from Barack Obama, he tells us America needs a change, he asks us if we can smell what Barack is cooking?!?

(7) KOTR Semi-Final Match - RAW GM William Regal vs. Finlay

Regal wins by submission after Finlay passes out from the pain of the Regal Stretch. Regal will face Punk in the finals.

- We hear from John McCain. He also uses wrestling references when speaking about America and politics. He finishes with thats the bottom line, because McCain said so!

- J.R. and King run down the Backlash card

- In a 3rd pre-recorded segment, we hear from John Cena, he also talks about the WWE Title match this Sunday, he promises to give us everything hes got in trying to once again become WWE Champion.

- We are shown highlights of WWEs WrestleMania Reading Challenge and the awards WWE received for it.

(8) Hillary Clinton w/ Bill Clinton vs. Barack Obama
Hillary is acoompanied by Bill, she comes out to Hulk Hogans music, she and Bill act like Hogan, hand to ear and all. Barack comes out to The Rocks music, he uses the Rocks catchphrases. The only one laughing is The King, crowd is DEAD. Umaga makes his was to the ring and lays out Obama and Clinton. Thank God.

- J.R. and King thank Clinton, Barack and McCain for addressing the WWE fans tonight and wish them luck after totally mocking them in the ring a few moments a go...hmm.

- Kelly Kelly, Cherry, Michelle, Maria & Ashley make their way to the ring to congratulate Mickie James on her Womens Championship win last week. Mickie comes to the ring to talk about beating The Glamazon. Beth Phoenix interrupts, with her are Jillian, Victoria, Natalia, Melina & Layla. Phoenix tells Mickie its only a matter of time before she wins back the title. Beth says heaving there interior divas congratulate her is a slap in the face, Michelle interrupts and says no, this is a slap in the face Michelle slaps Beth and all the divas get in a fight. Babyfaces come out on top.

- Mr. Kennedy returns to Raw next Monday

(9) KOTR Finals - RAW GM William Regal vs. CM Punk
William Regal picks up the victory via submission to become the 2008 King of the Ring! After the match King Regal leaves the ring and sits in his throne.

(10) 8-Man Tag Team Match - WWE Champion Randy Orton, JBL, Chavo Guerrero & Edge vs. Triple H, John Cena, ECW Champion Kane & World Heavyweight Champion Undertaker
Kane and Chavo are the legal men, Kane Chokeslams Chavo, Edge gets the blind tag, Edge spears Kane and pins him for the victory. After the match, John Cena FUs Edge, Triple H tries to Pedigree Cena but gets hit with a Clothesline from Hell by JBL. Orton RKOs Cena. Orton and JBL stare each other down, Undertaker delivers a double Chokeslam to Orton and JBL! Undertakers music plays and he drops down to one knee as Raw goes off air.

Last edited:
WWE News: Future Plans For Cherry & Maryse, Updates On Killings, Flair & McCool
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM EST

sources: www.f4wonline.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- WWE recently did an angle on the website in which Deuce and Domino insult Cherry for having no fashion sense, which caused her to lose the SmackDown Diva competition. The idea is to split her off as a babyface, and she'll likely end up being the manager of Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore. Deuce and Domino will still have a manager as Maryse is slated to end up with the duo.

-- As noted earler, Ron Killings suffered at shoulder injury at the 4/8 Raw brand house show in Trenton, New Jersey. The shoulder had been hurting beforehand as it was heavily iced the night before at television after his dark match on the show.

-- WWE plans on keeping Ric Flair pretty busy even though he's off the road. The company is looking to have him do a lot of media, on-sale days for tickets, representing the company at public functions & banquets, and more. WWE is also looking to have him work trade shows, card shows and autograph signings because they can make a nice amount of money through his appearances at said shows. Before, he wasn't able to do them too often due to his busy WWE schedule.

-- Michelle McCool has posted her latest column on WWE.com, which you can read at this link. She talks about Natalya Neidhart, winning the SmackDown Diva contest, Victoria, the summer, and more.

Faith makes things possible … not easy!”
Let’s start this week with another quote. This is one that I love because it speaks so true.
“Don’t waste your time frowning. You never know who might fall in love with your smile!”
Think about this the next time you’re having a bad day, you’re upset or just don’t feel too happy. Your smile (yes you!) could make a difference in someone else’s life. It sounds simple because it is. Fun fact: It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Smile; you might brighten up someone else’s day (and be happier yourself)!
SmackDown’s Top Diva: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is my best Diva moment yet and I have each and every one of you to thank for voting for me. The bike is awesome and I can’t wait to rock it on the road when I’m home. I’m pretty sure Victoria thought she had it in the bag (judging by her outrageous reactions), but who was she kidding? Maryse is another one. She’s pretty full of herself, huh? By the way the votes turned out, you guys saw right through her … and boy am I glad (I don’t know if I could have stood for her to get anywhere in the competition. Everything goes right to her head)! Cherry put up an impressive fight. More than the bike, I’m very thankful for the friendship that the two of us gained. Thanks again! I love you all!
Childhood pictures: A lot of you have requested to see pictures of me when I was a kid. Though, it’s not the cutest picture, it is one of my favorites. I loved being outside and my favorite was being outside playing sports! Now, I know what you guys are thinking. What am I doing swinging at such a low pitch? Hey, I was only three. Plus, if you look at it closely, you can tell I was already taught to keep my eye on the ball. To be honest, I can’t remember whether or not I got a hit, but it sure looks like contact was being made. I think it’s crucial to keep our “inner child” alive.
The “new” girl: The “new” girl has now been revealed as Natalya Neidhart! I can already tell she’s going to have to be put in her place real quick. Anyone who becomes instant friends with Victoria is crazy! She talks real big. If she’s so tough, I want to know why she had to attack me from behind. If she wanted to make a statement, couldn’t she do it to my face? I guess all that is simply that … TALK! If she wants to talk the talk, she better be ready to walk the walk. I can promise you one thing: I’ve got more heart and soul than she could ever dream of and if she wants to mess with me, she better be ready to bring her ‘A’ game! I may not win 'em all, but I will never back down from anyone! I have faith that she will be taught a lesson – sooner rather than later!
Yeah, I know she cheated and threw her jacket at me, causing Victoria to win our match two weeks ago. You asked me: Doesn’t that make you mad? What do you think about that? That’s not fair, etc. Thanks for all of your concern. It’s really OK! I will tell you what I think, though.
First & foremost, she should keep ALL articles of clothing on!
Cheating was their ONLY hope of winning!
It made me mad, yes! But, more than anything it makes me want to get even!
To be continued …
Summer fun: It’s that time of year again and I LOVE IT! As we speak, I am sitting at home typing this blog in my bikini while sitting poolside (one of my favorite things to do)! It’s relaxing and you get bronzed by the minute!
Well, for now, it’s time for me to go. I have to go finish up some laundry and repack to hit the road tomorrow, doing the most wonderful job in the world!
Until next time … remember, faith to fight the good fight, heart to believe and soul to search within!
Lovin' Life,
Michelle McCool

WWE wasted another opportunity here where they could have helped elevate another wrestler, like Matt Hardy. Regal already has a high profile job on RAW as GM so why does he need to be KotR? WWE dropped the ball IMO

Dark Matches:

Funaki b. Stu Sanders

After the match, Chuck Palumbo comes out and says that he just beat a nobody. Palumbo says he had a bike in the back that he would bet he could beat him. A match ensues.

Chuck Palumbo b. Funaki

The Cutting Edge segment featuring Edge and Kane opens the show. Edge talks about how respected Kane and Undertaker are and then talks about the Lita situation with Kane from several years back. Edge goes on to talk about the Guerrero family and how the titles are the property of the family. Kane says that Vickie will be the only one left and that he would take care of her. A fight ensues as Chavo Guerrero, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and Bam Neeley come out. Chavo connects on a chair shot to Kane. Kane eventually fights them off and says that him and Undertaker will take care of Vickie.

Tommy Dreamer & Kelly Kelly b. Layla & Mike Knox.
After the match Knox levels Dreamer during celebration.

Jimmy Wang Yang b. John Morrison

Kofi Kingston b. Shelton Benjamin in what is described to me as a high intensity bout.

Mark Henry b. Nunzio in what is described to me as a squash.

The show opens with Edge, Vickie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, and Bam Neeley. Vickie makes Undertaker vs. Batista a no DQ match. CM Punk comes out. Edge challenges CM Punk, Vickie Guerrero makes the match for later tonight. Theodore Long is also out.

They show clips of Finlay and Hornswoggle from the King of the Ring tournament on Raw last night.

John Morrison w/The Miz b. Shannon Moore

Natalya Neidhart w/Victoria b. Cherry w/Kelly Kelly with a sharpshooter.

Matt Hardy comes out for an interview. Michael Cole gets involved. Hardy says that his knee is 100% and he is ready to go Sunday against MVP. United States Champion MVP comes out. Hardy says MVP screwed him, MVP says Hardy is jealous. Hardy says he is certain that he will win on Sunday, MVP hits him with the US Title belt and leaves.

Edge b. CM Punk
This was described to me as a very good match. Lots of nears falls throughout, our correspondent says Punk ends up hitting Go to Sleep but Edge falls to the outside. Punk goes to get him and Zack Ryder gets involved. Edge ends up hitting the spear for the win.

Vladimir Kozlov b ????

Video of Batista thanking Vickie Guerrero for his match tonight against The Undertaker.

Batista comes out for his match against The Undertaker.

The Undertaker b. Batista
They give this some time. Undertaker dominates early and the action eventually spills to the outside. On the outside, Undertaker throws Batista into the ring stairs. Undertaker gives a leg drop to Batista off the apron. Both try finishers but miss. Undertaker ends up hitting a chokeslam for a two count. Batista a spear for a two count. Undertaker puts the steps in the ring. Undertaker goes for the Tombstone but Batista counters with a spear. Batista goes for the Batista Bomb but Shawn Michaels comes out. He gives him a superkick. Undertaker ends up getting the win.

Taker won. What a shocker!​

Back