Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Christina

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Beyoncé

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
None of them really excite me too much to be honest. I can see why people would pick Madonna, but personally I don't like her. I love Beyonce and Janet but wouldn't say either deserve that title. I love Mariah as well but I wouldn't exactly say she's the queen of pop. *shrug*

i don't like any of them, but Madonna is the best in that list...
so i voted for her :mello:

None of them really excite me too much to be honest. I can see why people would pick Madonna, but personally I don't like her. I love Beyonce and Janet but wouldn't say either deserve that title. I love Mariah as well but I wouldn't exactly say she's the queen of pop. *shrug*
Well, just do the right thing and vote for Janet! :yes: ;)

I voted for Madonna because I remember her being very popular when I was young, and she's still out there making music and performing.

if Pink would be on the list i would vote for her
but i vote for christina
she has one of the most awesome voice i´ve ever heard...just love her
but i think everyone on the list are special in their own way

:clap: :clap:

I love her singing too!!

Madonna by far, she is my all time fave female artist :) just bought tickets for her concert and can not wait to see her :D

Unfortunately is not denied: Madonna. It is impossible to talk about pop music without talking about Madonna, and is also impossible not to speak of genius and eternal King of Pop Michael Jackson. Although there was someone to do better than her, as this happens it will be the Queen of Pop and Michael will continue to be the King of Pop. Forever they will be royalty! Like Michael, Madonna is essential to pop music, but is a great artist and deserves respect.​

Janet,whitney and amy are my fav female artists,but madonna is the queen,she is long in the business..
and she has some great songs,vogue,erotica,frozen..etc

Nobody on that list is deserving of that title BUT if I had to choose JUST solely on commercial success... then it would be Madonna. The Queen of Pop is about more than commercial success THOUGH etc. It would have to be a female artist who innovated popular music which nobody on that least has done. Also, extremely talented which nobody on that least really is. Some people on that list are talented but not in a "special" or "magical" sence. They all are in the same category.

Nobody on that list is deserving of that title BUT if I had to choose JUST solely on commercial success... then it would be Madonna. The Queen of Pop is about more than commercial success THOUGH etc. It would have to be a female artist who innovated popular music which nobody on that least has done. Also, extremely talented which nobody on that least really is. Some people on that list are talented but not in a "special" or "magical" sence. They all are in the same category.
Elvis didn't innovate anything, except making "pop star" movies. But he's the "King" (although he hated this title). We have Elvis to thank for "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park", "Cool As Ice", "Krush Groove", "Tougher Than Leather", "Tommy", "Graffiti Bridge", "Give My Regards To Broad Street", and the many 'films' of David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Sting, Snoop Dogg, Ice-T, & Madonna. Those titles (Queen, King, Prince) are just media constructs. They don't mean anything, except to Aretha Franklin, lol.

Elvis didn't innovate anything, except making "pop star" movies. But he's the "King" (although he hated this title). We have Elvis to thank for "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park", "Cool As Ice", "Krush Groove", "Tougher Than Leather", "Tommy", "Graffiti Bridge", "Give My Regards To Broad Street", and the many 'films' of David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Sting, Snoop Dogg, Ice-T, & Madonna. Those titles (Queen, King, Prince) are just media constructs. They don't mean anything, except to Aretha Franklin, lol.
Well, one could argue that his Sun recordings were innovative when it comes to rockabilly. But it really doesn't matter. You have innovaters and popularisers and it's the second category that makes us take notice of the first one.

Well, I do believe Madonna is definitely worthy of the title. How is someone who is the most successful artist in history (female) not worthy? There is obviously something "magical" about her or else people wouldn't still care. Her current tour wouldn't be the top grossing tour of all time. People wouldn't flock to see her and pay top dollar in a time of economic crisis. Madonna has worked very hard and has accomplished more as a woman than any one ever thought possible. She played the game like a man and without any apologies. It took talent, brains, and guts. Love her. You can see her influence in all the popsters of today including Britney, Christina, Rihanna, and on and on.

You may have felt that way but you're inaccurate. Madonna sings live 99.9% of the time and is very interactive with the crowd. Britney and all the other wannabes should take notice.

Well, I wasn't the only one, a lot of people left before the concert was over.
I did stay, the ticket wasn't cheap...
Let's just say, it wasnt a very memorable concert, not what I had hoped it would be. The dj who played before Madonna started wasn't very good and Madonna herself started much too late.
It might have been the people who were there too, there wasn't much dancing, a lot of middle-aged, boring people.
And I'm sad to have to say this but the only time the people seemed to wake up was when they played Michael's song....

And I asked some other people who were there too and they said she did 'sing' live. although, there was a tape being played in the background with her voice so she didn't have to sing all the time

I went with Whitney. I've never been a big Madona fan, though. I never really liked her voice, it's just really annoying to me. But that's just my opinion about her. I've only listened to two or three songs by her so who am I to judge.

:scratch:

Why does Madonna always generates so much discussion? lol!
The delay to start the show... I never in my life I went to a show where the artist was off. Concerts ALWAYS start. In all the shows with Madonna last year were delayed.

Singing live... with such technology which is the artist or band that does not use today playback on your shows? Unfortunately (for those who do not like Madonna's) it is still the Queen of Pop and will continue influencing and being inspiration for new singers (female). :)

Last edited:
Until another artist has done what Madonna has, she will be the Queen. As far as I know, even the media calls her the Queen, as they call Michael the King. Even if you think someone is better than Michael or Madonna, have they set the records and such that they did? I highly doubt that.

Back