Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Christina

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Beyoncé

Votes: 28 6.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
Because she is The Queen... just like Michael is The King. People know that deep down inside. ;)
There's not much to know when it comes down to commercial success and impact on the culture in general (at least when it comes to top 40 music) - in that regard Michael and Madonna are indeed King & Queen. But the discussion about who is great and who isn't will go on forever, and so it should be.

Singing live... with such technology which is the artist or band that does not use today playback on your shows?
And yet I always feel betrayed when it happens. Like going to a soccer or basketball game where the results have been fixed.

Well, I wasn't the only one, a lot of people left before the concert was over.
I did stay, the ticket wasn't cheap...
Let's just say, it wasnt a very memorable concert, not what I had hoped it would be. The dj who played before Madonna started wasn't very good and Madonna herself started much too late.
It might have been the people who were there too, there wasn't much dancing, a lot of middle-aged, boring people.
And I'm sad to have to say this but the only time the people seemed to wake up was when they played Michael's song....

And I asked some other people who were there too and they said she did 'sing' live. although, there was a tape being played in the background with her voice so she didn't have to sing all the time

Why did you even go? You're clearly biased and with an agenda. I'm not even inclined to believe you went at all. I'm not trying to be rude but you brush off Madonna with every single sentiment to leave your mouth/keyboard (lol). Madonna's fans very with age just as Michael's does. They come in many different colors, shapes, and sizes. Both young and old can and do appreciate Madonna. I have been to and watched concerts of Madonna's on Youtube and I can gaurantee you that the crowd isn't boring. Everyone sings along and goes crazy the moment she steps on stage. If you did indeed go and you didn't enjoy it, it was due to the attitude in which you attended the event.

Sure, it's your opinion but I have every right to comment on it. No disrespect.

Last edited:
I'd like to add that I don't dislike Madonna though. I'm not a real fan either, but in particular "Like a Prayer" and "Ray of Light" are great albums in my opinion.

I would say that there is no Queen yet... but I voted for Whitney becouse her voice is touching my soul :)

The delay to start the show... I never in my life I went to a show where the artist was off. Concerts ALWAYS start. In all the shows with Madonna last year were delayed.

Sly Stone has been known to start really late or not show up to gigs at all. Axl Rose will sing 3 songs, get mad at somebody in the audience and walk off or throw stuff in the crowd. In the 70s, Chaka Khan would perform drunk or high and not remember the words to songs.

Madonna, not for musical accomplishments as much as longevity and influence. Who the hell are voting for the younger set (Britney, Christina, Beyonce)?

Madonna the one and only!!!I've been her fan since i was born in 1980 just like with Michael. She has been an inspiration to millions just like him around the world, and an Icon in the Pop culture for more than 25 years so she deserves that title more than anyone else. Her ability to reinvent herself with each album is amazing, shes not afraid of taking risks, always speaking whats on her mind true to herself. Thats why i admire her, shes the queen of the sexual innuendo, shes a goddess!!! Michael will always be the King and Madonna the Queen, because both of them touched the masses around the globe like non other artist. :D

Used to be Janet but now I think it's Beyonce. Madonna still have a large legion of fans but I don't find that she relates to the younger generation as well as Beyonce. There are also many older fans who stopped liking her music after Ray of Light.

Used to be Janet but now I think it's Beyonce. Madonna still have a large legion of fans but I don't find that she relates to the younger generation as well as Beyonce. There are also many older fans who stopped liking her music after Ray of Light.

Beyonce will have to stick around for many a year and keep producing hits and break all of Madonna's countless records to take her throne and I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Of any current artist, it would be Beyoncé to replace Madonna, if ever to happen.

Sly Stone has been known to start really late or not show up to gigs at all. Axl Rose will sing 3 songs, get mad at somebody in the audience and walk off or throw stuff in the crowd. In the 70s, Chaka Khan would perform drunk or high and not remember the words to songs.

Wow! I did not know these stories. Well, you reported to me is a lack of respect with the fans that kind of behavior on the stage. It is the fan that makes the artist, is the fan who does the artist becomes famous and lets the top. Without fans the artist is nothing, so the artist must have a mutual respect with your audience that he puts the album/song stops at the top of the radio and brings success.​

To me "Ray of Light" is one of the best albums of Madonna. She is more mature and therefore believe that some former fans have ceased to like her that she behaved very, nothing compared to the stages "Like a Prayer" and "Erotic." Madonna had just being a mother and I think it is natural that great change and it caused a great change it. But even as the sexual innuendo is still present in their videos and tours, but discreet that it is the mark of the Madonna and makes it so polemic: sexuality and behavior.​

Only celine dion got so many awards like michael
and she is the best selling female artist of all time

^ Celine is definitely one of my faves, too. She may be a legend already since she retired. Or wait... is she still doing her shows in Vegas? I'm not sure, but I absolutely love her. She has the most beautiful, powerful voice, and most of her songs make me cry.

Only celine dion got so many awards like michael
and she is the best selling female artist of all time

Sorry, but no. Celine's camp along with Mariah and Whitney claim it but that's all it is, a claim. Granted, Celine is a wonderful lady and has a superb voice. I should have added her in to the poll but forgot.

The Queen of Pop is the only other entertainer to whom I feel the same strong, pervasive connection that I feel to Michael ... Madonna!

I voted Madonna even if I've seen it in concert and it was boooooring!

But I think for all she has done, the time she lasts and the reputation she still have, she deserve it.

Just wondering if anyone will be buying Madonna's "Celebration"- a two disc set spanning her entire career + two new tracks this September??? It's her last album with Warner Brothers before she moves on to Live Nation. I personally am (duh). I love the cover. :)

2i71q51.jpg

^^^^^^Interesting that she remained with Warners all this time when Prince ragged on them

Just wondering if anyone will be buying Madonna's "Celebration"- a two disc set spanning her entire career + two new tracks this September??? It's her last album with Warner Brothers before she moves on to Live Nation. I personally am (duh). I love the cover. :)

2i71q51.jpg

Oh God! This cover is beautiful! I loved it! :wild::wild::wild:
Will be launched in September. It is a box with the double cd and dvd?
http://translate.google.com/translate_s?hl=pt-BR&source=translation_link

Oh God! This cover is beautiful! I loved it! :wild::wild::wild:
Will be launched in September. It is a box with the double cd and dvd?

I believe there will a version with and without a dvd. I will be getting the one with the dvd. :yes:

Beyonce will have to stick around for many a year and keep producing hits and break all of Madonna's countless records to take her throne and I don't see that happening.

Beyonce doesn't have to break any of Madonna's records to be crowned the Queen of Pop. I don't recall Madonna breaking MJ's for example. But if you want to get technical, Beyonce already had more cumulative weeks at #1 than Madonna, more Grammys, she's on her way to have written more #1s than Madonna, and she propelled a group to becoming the biggest selling girl group of all time. Not to mention she's only 27 and she's about to pass Madonna on Forbes in the coming years.

Back