"Thriller" vs "Bad"

Thriller or BAD

• Thriller

Votes: 65 34.2%
  • BAD

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters
I'm surprised "Bad" is winning this poll, but I'm happy about it. It's good to see more people appreciate what a brilliant album it is. I think songs like "Smooth Criminal", "Dirty Diana", "The Way You Make Me Feel", and "Leave Me Alone" are as good as anything on "Thriller", including "Billie Jean".

Well I completely disagree, I don't think any song on "Bad" is as strong or as well written as "Billie Jean", "Man In The Mirror" is a stand out track and probably the strongest on the album (although "Dirty Diana" is my personal favorite) but still not on the same level as "Billie Jean" in terms of quality imo.

Well I disagree with you. I think "Smooth Criminal" and "Leave Me Alone" are completely brilliant tracks and unlike anything I've ever heard. "Speed Demon", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Bad", "Liberian Girl", etc... are all incredible tracks. "Man In The Mirror" is a great track, made greater by Michael's disgustingly good vocal delivery. But everything on "Bad" is incredibly distinct and it just has Michael Jackson written all over it. The highest quality modern music I've ever heard.

iim sorry but speed demon is weird, i dn tlike it..i just like the beginning part of it

I've always thought that BAD was a better album than Thriller and deserved to outsell it :D. So its BAD all the way hehe.

hmm billie jean or smooth criminal. well i do like thriller which i think is an amazing unique song on its own aside from the video.
but smooth criminal was amazing as well and the video for it is better than billie jeans! i guess i like more of the songs on bad. plus it had more than one great music video. i dont know michael needed both for sure. but picked bad.

hmm billie jean or smooth criminal. well i do like thriller which i think is an amazing unique song on its own aside from the video.
but smooth criminal was amazing as well and the video for it is better than billie jeans! i guess i like more of the songs on bad. plus it had more than one great music video. i dont know michael needed both for sure. but picked bad.

plus it had more than one great music video.

so did thriller beat it and thriller were both great.

Thriller is an alright track. Probably my least favorite off the album. Bad is a tight jam though, and the extended version is ass-kicking.

This is actually really hard.
I think i'd choose Thriller. The clip is just fantastic and i really enjoy the poppy-ness of the songs on Thriller.

Thriller makes you wanna dance. Bad takes you on an adventure.

Thriller. The album was like hot magic. The Thriller album IS MJ to me. That's the album that made me a fan as a kid in the early 80's.

Every single song on that album is great to listen to, including the "less-popular" tracks like Baby Be Mine, PYT, The Girl Is Mine, and Lady In My Life.

And I'd have to vote for those songs above the "less-popular" tracks from Bad....
even though I love those songs such as IJCSLY, Liberian Girl, Speed Demon, and Just Good Friends (one of my all-time favorite MJ songs by the way....him and Stevie getting down on that track)....

Bad is incredible. But Thriller is what made a lot of us old dudes become MJ fans, and because of that, nothing could top it.

Besides that, I do prefer the "feel" of Thriller. I prefer the musical vibe on Thriller and I prefer Mike in the Thriller era, with those military jackets, hanging around with Webster, dating Brooke Shields, making elusive appearances on awards shows, lighting up tiles and trash cans as if his feet were magic, setting fashion trends, shattering music industry records, etc.

But yeah, Bad was....well....it was bad (in the good sense of the word) lol.

Bad. I'm surprised I'm not alone with that, LOL! Critics always go on about "Thriller" but I have always prefered "Bad" somehow. Granted Thriller has "Billie Jean" and "Beat it" and probably "Bad" doesn't have such a huge song as "Billie Jean", but I think "Dirty Diana" can mess with "Beat it", but of course "Beat it" was pioneering things, so it's more highly rated.

Despite of "Thriller" having "Billie Jean", which I rate as MJ's best, most iconic song ever, overall I think "Bad" has more great tracks than "Thriller". I think all songs on "Bad" could have been released as singles and become big hits!

I prefer Mike in the Thriller era, with those military jackets, hanging around with Webster, dating Brooke Shields, making elusive appearances on awards shows, lighting up tiles and trash cans as if his feet were magic, setting fashion trends, shattering music industry records, etc.

That's true, though. Boy, I wish I had a time machine!

Back