"Thriller" vs "Bad"

Thriller or BAD

• Thriller

Votes: 65 34.2%
  • BAD

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters
The Way You Make me Feel, Man in the Mirror, Smooth Criminal, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Dirty Diana-- I have to choose Bad! Maybe it is childhood nostalgia talking, but there is something about those songs. I think Bad also feels more like Michael, like it showcases his personality more or something.

Bad. I'm surprised I'm not alone with that, LOL! Critics always go on about "Thriller" but I have always prefered "Bad" somehow. Granted Thriller has "Billie Jean" and "Beat it" and probably "Bad" doesn't have such a huge song as "Billie Jean", but I think "Dirty Diana" can mess with "Beat it", but of course "Beat it" was pioneering things, so it's more highly rated.

Despite of "Thriller" having "Billie Jean", which I rate as MJ's best, most iconic song ever, overall I think "Bad" has more great tracks than "Thriller". I think all songs on "Bad" could have been released as singles and become big hits!

the last line is so true. even streetwalker could have been a hit and it didn't make the album cut.

Not an easy choice. They're definitely my #1 and #2 favourite albums of all time, but I've gotta give the nod to Thriller.

Every. Single. Song on that album is just mind blowing.

I love Thriller and Bad the same, but I choose Thriller..every song on that album is FIRE!!

Bad. I grew up on this album, and listen to it the most. I love Thriller, but I don't usually listen to it in a sitting. I tend to skip some songs (The Girl is Mine). I love all the songs on Bad, including the ones left off. The videos were great, the Bad tour was amazing, and we got Moonwalker.

BAD for me....I mean, Thriller is a masterpiece...but so is Bad...it's just too damn amazing! He wrote more on it too, so it's more HIS if you know what I mean...I agree, it has amazing childhood memories for me too...I remember anytime we'd go to my aunt and uncles place when I was little...They had a MASSIVE cd collection and I could pick out Bad everytime, I knew exactly where it was....I'd stare at the cover forever...:wub: I remember more from this album when I was little than on Thriller...Thriller has great memories for me too, though...

I prefer Bad...especially for more sentimental reasons - Bad was my first MJ/any artists album and my introduction to MJ when I was 5/6.

I adore them both, but I discovered MJ with the release of BAD in 1987, so I voted for it because of that.

They're both amazing albums but I had to choose Bad. I think it's a pretty underrated album. I mean, fans love it but I don't think the general public gives Michael's post-Thriller work enough credit. Bad has so many great songs like Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana and Liberian Girl. And I feel like you can somehow hear Michael's personality more on Bad than on Thriller, maybe because he wrote more songs himself.

Okay I :love: the short film BAD with Daryll (hence my nickname) but I did choose "Thriller" though as I love the 'HORROR' theme and Michael changing into a werewolf always makes me crack up in laughter :hysterical: and I :heart: Zombies too ;)

Absolutely in love with Bad, it came out the same year i was born and it takes me back to my childhood, as it's all i would listen to! I couldn't even pick a favourite track off that album and i have to add....dayuuummm he looked extra fine in that era! :wub:

I is beginning to dislike these polls already lol, two hard choices to decide from...ha Bad, no Thriller, nooo Bad, oh Thriller for me

Back