TII in Ireland

just booked mine for cineworld, but only because of proximity cos i am very annoyed with how long they took to get their act together.

no i booked online. couldn't get through to a person on the phone (well i didn't bother holding). there's nothing about the 4am. booked these and then will see if that comes up at a later stage as am going to see it a few times anyway.

Hi,
First post here! Just got tickets online from Omniplex, Mahon Pt. It's on screen 1 which is the largest. At present you can only book for the 30th, 31st Oct and the 1st november!! That's a really short run. Weird. think i'll get some for the 28th at the Reel cinema too.
Is it that they are not expecting many to go see it? Something tells me they would be wrong big time if that's what they are thinking.

Hi,
First post here! Just got tickets online from Omniplex, Mahon Pt. It's on screen 1 which is the largest. At present you can only book for the 30th, 31st Oct and the 1st november!! That's a really short run. Weird. think i'll get some for the 28th at the Reel cinema too.
Is it that they are not expecting many to go see it? Something tells me they would be wrong big time if that's what they are thinking.

Hey welcome, maybe they will see if many go to those shows and then extend it if they are popular, i have to admit i can't see cinema's being full everywhere. If it was about any other entertainer i would have no interest in going and i think a lot of people will feel like that about Michael. Remember too that it is a documentary style movie which are never really big sellers.

just booked mine for cineworld, but only because of proximity cos i am very annoyed with how long they took to get their act together.

I am booking with them too, I notice they don't say what screen it is been showing in. I'll book two shows back to back.

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to see this :(
They told me on the phone to book the week before, obviously that's wrong :(

Looks like I'll wait for the dvd/blu ray...seeing as all the tickets are sold out.

I bought mine in the cinema today while going to see the surogates. My friend who works there and I sold me the ticket said I was the only one who had bought a ticket for the first screening of the movie. Looks like I'll have the screen to myself. Its in IMC Dun Laoghaire. I also asked her to get one of the TII cardboard stands and a poster. She said "don't worry, I've already got it saved for you" :D

There are plenty available for the showings at the IMC in Dun Laoghaire, that's where I'm going to see it on the first day.

There are plenty of tickets left, i just checked the 4am screening and there are even still tickets available for that.

The one in Liffey Valley right?
Anyone's up for sharing a taxi with me from the city centre?
I am wrestling with the money... :no:

Yeah the one in liffey valley. I thought it would sell out quick enough but then i suppose a lot of people don't know about it yet.

it's not being advertised properly that's for sure. the 4am i mean.

They are opening up especially for it so i expect in the next week or two they will be pushing it more, it wouldn't be worth their while opening at 4am and paying staff the overtime if the cinema isn't full.

Do they say anything about 4am show??

The reason its on so early is that they will have a live transmission from the red carpet of the Galla premiere in Los Angeles. A friend of mine in Denmark said they are showing the film there at 6AM :bugeyed

The reason its on so early is that they will have a live transmission from the red carpet of the Galla premiere in Los Angeles. A friend of mine in Denmark said they are showing the film there at 6AM :bugeyed

It says on my ticket that the film is over at six so i doubt they will be showing anything else just the film.

It says on my ticket that the film is over at six so i doubt they will be showing anything else just the film.

it would be 8pm in the USA so I think 4am for here would be about right to show the Gala from LA and that's the one they will be showing world-wide only some countries got to see this which included Ireland and Denmark :). So we were the lucky ones to get this.

I don't think the movie has been advertised properly in Ireland.
Even when I talk to friends at work, they are not even aware!
That's why ticktes haven't been sold out yet

yeah tarakino i agree. a girl in work thought it was a film about his life!!!!

yeah tarakino i agree. a girl in work thought it was a film about his life!!!!

This is what alot of friends and family thought too. They keep asking, who is playing Michael? I set them straight. I haven't even seen an advert in the papers or on tv!

The Sun did have a full page avert about the movie in last Friday or Saturdays edition..

The star has a half page add each day this week in association with today fm who are giving away two tickets to the premiere in LA. Flights, transport and accomodation are all part of the prize. I tried to get on yesterday but to no avail.

I don't think the movie has been advertised properly in Ireland.
Even when I talk to friends at work, they are not even aware!
That's why ticktes haven't been sold out yet

I think its only fans that know about the film yet so we are getting tickets first which is only right :) plus we will get the best seats available :D

So is this where I find my fellow Irishers? :clap:
I'm sorry to hear it's not being promoted properly there..the other day I told my sister (who's in Ireland) that I got my This Is It tickets, and you know what her response was? "What's This Is It?" I was like....whaaaaaa.....
I just moved to the US and there's a lot of stuff about it here..... I hope ye all get to see it.
xxx

Yeah I've tried all week with that Star and Today FM offer and nothing! :(

Back