TJ Jackson to be compensated by MJ Estate for Co- Guardianship Position

first reaction:
Not relatable to me,because the way regular people are is different. You have family that needs you you take them in - yes they needs clothes food etc. but don't the kids already receive money for all that..? So why does rich people get paid to care about family...? just saying.

In the end all this is ...is a matter of opinion...after all that IS all we are expressing here...it's not like anything we say means anything to TJ or the Estate anyway..lol The Estate is free to do as it sees fit for the best interest of the children..and I know that they will.

Re: TJ Jackson He Needs Cash To Care for Michael's Kids

No one bitches and moans about the millions pocketed by the wealthy executors, and zillions of lawyers doing the estate's business.

TJ is not independently wealthy, and deserves much more than the measley 9,000.

Go reread the first post again.

You realize it IS the Executors asking for the money for TJ?

Bottom line - The Estate knows what TJ's responsibilities are , what his financial circumstances are and what is fair. We do not. They stated his responsibilities and the time he puts in as Co. Guardian is placing hardship on him to be able to work and support his own family, so in order for him to continue (which I assume they children want him to.) they feel he should be compensated. I get it ..

For the person who implied we couldnt add. My calculations stay the same its none of our business every time these ppl need money for the kids. So I don't know why this was publicized.

Go reread the first post again.

You realize it IS the Executors asking for the money for TJ?

^^That!

You could say that the Estate is responsible for protecting Michael's Estate until the children can take over... I find that to be very much in the interest of the children. And if TJ was that devoted to children all along - than it's actually quite reasonable, considering the length of time that has already passed.

Michael wanted his mother not only to be taken care of - but also compensated for taking care of his children. Nothing icky about that. Since TJ has been named as Co-guardian it's even more fair and absolutely goes along with Michael's intentions.

California is not the 'cheapest' of places to live. And if a man takes care of three children aside from his own family - bless him and his family.
Commuting back and forth alone can be a bottomless barrel.
And in this instance I am glad that the Estate wants the guardians to be taken care of. 40 hours a week does take away from other gainful employment.
The Estate represents Michael and so it is really nobody's business since it was Michael who set this up.

I am wondering how Michael Jackson being a single parent still have time to work to pay his bills while dealing with all the lawsuits, backstabbers and ****ery in his life. Randy's head must be exploding that he 'locked' Granny to try to gain the guardianship of the children, but helped TJ. it turned out to be a high paid job lol

For the person who implied we couldnt add. My calculations stay the same its none of our business every time these ppl need money for the kids. So I don't know why this was publicized.

Well the math part wasn't a reply to you (unless you have multiple accounts on the forum) so you might want to reread.

The issue with your post is that you are wrongly accusing that it's the Executors who are contacting the media or publicizing this. I'm telling you that 1 - it's legally required that they file any and all money requests by court and 2 - court records are public so anyone and everyone can get those. So your assumption and accusation of "contact media" and "publicize" is wrong.

If you feel this is none of your business then don't click the link and read the news story.

Thanks Ivy! It always helps to have extra explanation. Michael's estate is so large and complex that it's easy to get bogged down in the dollar amounts and not see anything else. I love that TJ is being compensated, as being their co-guardian really has become a full-time job for him. :yes:

I see no issue here. He has 3 kids of his own plus taking care of MJs 3. That is a lot to handle if he were to actually get a job or had one?

No one bitches and moans about the millions pocketed by the wealthy executors, and zillions of lawyers doing the estate's business.

TJ is not independently wealthy, and deserves much more than the measley 9,000.

Over exaggeration - Much

I agree this is more likely a rediculous blog by the media . If the executors can collect millions why must they contact the media every time one of the family submits paperwork to receive money's they justly deserve. Moving on.

Where on earth do you come to this conclusion, the estate in all is operations must inform the courts thus the media pick up on it, where the hell you get they are contacting the media is beyond me,

I'm sorry but some of the responses here seriously make me go WTF

Let me be blunt, none of you know anything of what Michael had to pay or what he was levied when he was with us, I am sorry but a fan on a fan forum is not going to know Michael's accounts, so how about we assume what's reality in that TJ getting $9000 for caring for children who are not his is not a bad thing, the man has a life of his own a family of his own if this was for tens of thousands more then yes we have claim to blast he is being greedy but $9000 come on guys lets be real here.

Basically TJ is a paid nanny. No one in that family will supervise Michael's kids for free. He is not acting like a guardian in the sense of your sibling died & you are looking after the sibling kids. This is & had always been a job where TJ will be paid & we all speculated about this at the time, if you guys remember. Hence, I am not surprised. The only thing is I thought he would ask for money before now.

Absolutely and why should he not be compensated, we live in a world where money is the be all and end all of everything, for me the fact here is if he was asking for ten times this to make his life a luxury then yeah its a disgrace but $9000 a month come on why are we even having this debate.

I am not saying he should not be compensated, but that we all knew this would happen. Also, just to be devil advocate here, the article states that the estate brought this to the court, but that does not mean that TJ did not say to the estate that it is time for him to be compensated. We cannot assume that because the estate brought this to court that it was their idea entirely.

I wonder why he is not getting the same amount as Katherine, since he is co-guardian. The lessor amount makes it sound as though he is of lessor status in this guardianship.

I understand. He has to take care of his family too. The kids love and trust him. The estate agrees with compensating him. We don't know if his wife works or if he can't work much because he is so involved taking care of Michael's kids. The estate has to inform the courts so they are doing nothing wrong.

I would rather see TJ and Katherine as guardians than Randy Jackson. Thankfully that won't happen.

Anyone know what his job was before he took on this job in the summer? Does he live in his own house or with the children?

I am not saying he should not be compensated, but that we all knew this would happen. Also, just to be devil advocate here, the article states that the estate brought this to the court, but that does not mean that TJ did not say to the estate that it is time for him to be compensated. We cannot assume that because the estate brought this to court that it was their idea entirely.

I wonder why he is not getting the same amount as Katherine, since he is co-guardian. The lessor amount makes it sound as though he is of lessor status in this guardianship.

Hun, I am not saying you didn't say he should not be compensated, I am in part agreeing with you. thus my words "absolutely" meaning I agree.

For me, this has been brought about by TJ saying hey guys, I need help here yet him being not to greedy in asking for what Kat is getting,

I'm unsure on all this comparison on who gets what, to me its like the queen and the prince's in which the queen will always get more.

I understand. He has to take care of his family too. The kids love and trust him. The estate agrees with compensating him. We don't know if his wife works or if he can't work much because he is so involved taking care of Michael's kids. The estate has to inform the courts so they are doing nothing wrong.

I would rather see TJ and Katherine as guardians than Randy Jackson. Thankfully that won't happen.

Perfectly said, on topic and on target with reality.

And oh how I so much agree with the Randy comment, I shiver to think if he were ever made a guardian.

I agree if we look at this from the point of view of Randy EVER becoming guardian and getting his disgusting mits on Michael's money ..I say give TJ ALL the money he asks for. Just the thought of Randy near these children disgusts me.

As long as Michael's children are secure, safe, happy and well cared for I don't have a problem with TJ getting paid 9,000 a month to make it happen. Thank God Randy, Rebbie, Janet and Jermaine are nowhere near them and TJ can keep an eye on Katherine as well.

I'm unsure on all this comparison on who gets what, to me its like the queen and the prince's in which the queen will always get more.

Katherine is a beneficiary of the Estate. So even if Katherine did nothing in regards to the kids, her expenses would have been paid her life time. So that's why she'll be getting more because she's not being paid to be guardian, she's being paid because she's a beneficiary. TJ will be compensated only for his guardianship work.

^^Oh I see Ivy so Katherine's money to take care of the kids will no doubt be included in her allowance. I would think the estate will see to that since she has some duties to do in regards to the children. Maybe if they think of giving her 60,000 they will add 20,000 more for her guardianship duties & then simply say her allowance is 80,000.

As long as Michael's children are secure, safe, happy and well cared for I don't have a problem with TJ getting paid 9,000 a month to make it happen. Thank God Randy, Rebbie, Janet and Jermaine are nowhere near them and TJ can keep an eye on Katherine as well.

I really hope that is true and that no one is like whispering in tj's ear for more money for their own agenda

Wow, $9000.00 it's a lot of money. If he's spending 40 hrs per week with Michael's kids probably he's not working and decided to take the guardianship as a more rewarding job. I understand he has to support his family and I wonder how much he was earning at his regular job, close to $9000.? Katherine is not going to give any cash from her own share but can't they take that money from the funds K receives from the children's allowance? After all, I don't think the children enjoy all of the allowance they receive.

This numbers are from MJ Estate second accounting

Payments to Katherine and MJ’s kids are as follows (Nov 2010- Dec 2011)

Kids allowance $2,139,194
Katherine allowance $470,814
Calabasas residence expenses $436,187
Condo payments $15,569
Hayvenhurst improvements $73,962
Taxes on properties $144,605
Insurance (health and property) $106,033
House employees $658,915
Katherine lawyer fees $233,911
Guardian ad litem $ 54,478
Utilities costs $53,211
Security $654,414
Repair & Maintenance $194,127

Total $5,205,516

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ccounting-Document-amp-Summary-amp-Discussion

Katherine will get her allowance no matter what. She's a beneficiary, it's not a requirement for her to look after the kids, she's not being paid for it. Kids expenses and household & staff expenses are separate payments.

Also if you look to what TJ will be paid $9,000 a month or $108,000 a year, it's really not a big amount.

nd oh how I so much agree with the Randy comment, I shiver to think if he were ever made a guardian.

Oh yes i shiver at the thought of that too gaz

Ivy look at the closeness in these 2 numbers:

Katherine allowance $470,814
Calabasas residence expenses $436,187

Is this correct. Is her allowance more than the expenses of the house?

^^

yes the numbers are correct.

You can go to the second accounting thread and check the pages of accounting 38-49 for an itemized expense list.

Back