TJ Jackson to be compensated by MJ Estate for Co- Guardianship Position

ivy;3773837 said:
This numbers are from MJ Estate second accounting

Payments to Katherine and MJ’s kids are as follows (Nov 2010- Dec 2011)

Kids allowance $2,139,194
Katherine allowance $470,814
Calabasas residence expenses $436,187
Condo payments $15,569
Hayvenhurst improvements $73,962
Taxes on properties $144,605
Insurance (health and property) $106,033
House employees $658,915
Katherine lawyer fees $233,911
Guardian ad litem $ 54,478
Utilities costs $53,211
Security $654,414
Repair & Maintenance $194,127

Total $5,205,516

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ccounting-Document-amp-Summary-amp-Discussion

Katherine will get her allowance no matter what. She's a beneficiary, it's not a requirement for her to look after the kids, she's not being paid for it. Kids expenses and household & staff expenses are separate payments.

Also if you look to what TJ will be paid $9,000 a month or $108,000 a year, it's really not a big amount.

It is a damn sight more then I make a year

^^

well of course it'll be more than what most regular people makes a year but this is not a regular person Estate, is it? It's Michael Jackson Estate. When you consider it in comparison to what Estate spends , it's minimal.

^^Ivy Don't you find it strange that the expenses for an estate is almost as much as the allowance? I find these very impressive numbers.

Okay...someone said 'icky'. That's the feeling I get when combing through the numbers with the toothbrush and wondering if the kids get 'all of it'. Same goes for Katherine. Seriously, anyone wanna present their tax return? Then we'll talk. Otherwise it feels really icky to question over and over again what is landing in whose bank account. It just feels...oddly wrong.

(not an attempt at telling anyone what they can talk about - just saying that it seriously feels like things of the past - when tabloids discussed if MJ is 'allowed' to spend such and such on xyz)

I really hope that is true and that no one is like whispering in tj's ear for more money for their own agenda

Going by Joe's interview with Piers Morgan the other night he went over to the house to see the kids and Prince & Paris refused to get out of bed to see him. There has been a clear and defiant split in the family and TJ seems to be on the side that is most protective of the kids. I just pray it stays that way until PP&B are grown.

Last edited:
I don't know what all TJ's co-guardianship entails, but the amount seems fair enough to me, especially since he has to support his own family along with taking care of Michael's kids.

first reaction:
Not relatable to me,because the way regular people are is different. You have family that needs you you take them in - yes they needs clothes food etc. but don't the kids already receive money for all that..? So why does rich people get paid to care about family...? just saying.

In my work a day world it is a little different. If someone dies and a family member takes in their children they make sure that the children receive SSI benefits which are paid to the guardian not the children. If someone takes in an ill or handicapped family member they often make themselves recipients of their State's In-home Health Care Services allowence. I don't know anyone who can take care of someone else with no compensation.

I never thought about what TJ does or did for a living. I guess I thought he got a few royalties from his music and he and his brothers did shows overseas from time to time. TJ does have a family of his own. I doubt if Katherine wants to or is capable of taking the kids to DisneyLand or Magic Mountain or where ever else kids need/want to go for entertainment. Do you think it would be right for TJ to explain to his family that he is taking their cousins out for a good time but his own children can't come with him? He has to watch out for the well-being of his own children. I say give him compensation that will help him with his own children. I'm sure he can help them to understand that they will probably never be as well off his Michael's children, but they should not be made to feel like poor relations (they are very young children)

I think TJ has been doing a good job and it can't be easy navigating the seas of the Jackson Family dynamics. Yet, you no longer see Paris Tweeting personal info about the family. Randy has stopped using tabloids as a mouth piece. The children's comings and goings are not being photo'd all over the internet. I think he is earning his keep better than Grace used to.

In my work a day world it is a little different. If someone dies and a family member takes in their children they make sure that the children receive SSI benefits which are paid to the guardian not the children. If someone takes in an ill or handicapped family member they often make themselves recipients of their State's In-home Health Care Services allowence. I don't know anyone who can take care of someone else with no compensation. ...

^^This!
In many countries besides the US that is also often happening. We had a situation in my family that required an emergency caregiver for a short period of time and the laws allowed it that the caregiver be compensated for loss of income and even the flight necessary to get there. In Germany a special law was passed a number of years ago that required everyone to pay a certain tax - and that funded such measures.

So one way or the other this issue is not a "Jackson family" issue at all.

at nine thousand a month it means that he is only making hundred thousand a year and that is basic high middle class so he is not ripping the estate off. My problem is with the siblings why are they not helping to cover Tj expensives

Guardianship lasts until the child is 18. Most likey the compensasion will be $3k/month per child until the age of 18.

:scratch:

I really prefer to keep quiet about it. I'll keep my thoughts about it only with me. TJ should be praying to receive this extra money. :fear: And some family members should be furious for not having a slice of cake ($$$$). :fear: I'll be lurking in the hopes of news about it .... :coffee:

Going by Joe's interview with Piers Morgan the other night he went over to the house to see the kids and Prince & Paris refused to get out of bed to see him. There has been a clear and defiant split in the family and TJ seems to be on the side that is most protective of the kids. I just pray it stays that way until PP&B are grown.

They probably wanted to sleep in as most teenagers do that at their age :)

Joe said Paris stayed in bed but he spent time with Prince and Blanket

Ventura County is not a cheap place to live in California. A decent place would run you about $3000 a month, minimum. So the $9000 a month is a good, basic living!

Who is TJ Jackson, new co-guardian of Michael's children?

(CBS/AP) TJ Jackson was one of Michael Jackson's favorite nephews. An heir to the family's musical talent, he is the son of Tito, one of the original Jackson Five. Largely unknown to the American public until now, he has been appointed as co-guardian of Michael's most prized treasures - his three children.

An heir to the family's musical talent, TJ is the son of Tito, one of the original Jackson Five.
Suddenly, TJ is the chosen Jackson, the one designated to work beside Michael's mother to look after the welfare of his three cousins Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and Blanket,10, who will inherit the King of Pop's fortune.

He's stepping into a sensitive situation, just days after a family feud went viral. But he appears to have only one interest at heart - the children.

"He has been very dedicated to these kids since Michael Jackson's death and he was involved with them before that," TJ's lawyer, Charles A. Schultz, said at a Thursday court hearing.

Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff, who appointed TJ to work with Katherine Jackson, said there is a strong bond between the 34-year-old T.J. and the children.

"They have a very significant relationship with TJ Jackson and they love him very much," said the judge. "There are things about his past that the kids can relate to."

Schultz agreed, saying outside court: "He had a loss early in his life of a close personal relative and they can identify with that."

In 1994, six years after his parents divorced, TJ's mother, Dolores, died in a drowning at her home swimming pool. Her boyfriend was later convicted of causing her drowning and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

When Michael Jackson died in 2009, Dr. Conrad Murray was accused of causing his death and was convicted of manslaughter. He is currently serving a four-year prison term.

Now, three years after his death, Michael's children are at the center of a familial battle and TJ's role has become even more important. Recently, Katherine Jackson was reported missing and Beckloff replaced her with TJ as the children's guardian.

TJ, who has a band with his brothers called 3T, is named Tito Joseph, the first name for his father and the middle name for his grandfather, family patriarch Joe Jackson.. Always known as TJ, he appears to have emerged as a welcome stable force in the family.

When Paris began tweeting messages of distress over the temporary disappearance of her grandmother and the battles among Michael's siblings, TJ tweeted to her: "I know it's completely unfair for them to do this to you and your brothers. We will keep trying. I love you." Added a second tweet: "Make your life an act of love."

TJ's devotion to his uncle, Michael, has been evident. At his funeral, members of the family provided loving tributes in a glossy program. TJ's entry read: "You taught me how to smile. You taught me how to dream. You taught me how to live. Uncle Michael, I will always cherish all of our special moments and blissful time together. I love you so much."

Michael's ties to TJ and his two brothers was confirmed by his will, which named them among "contingent remainder" beneficiaries, who usually gain if the main beneficiaries pass away.

Like most of the Jacksons, TJ has lived among celebrities. The Internet was ablaze this week with reports that he was the first lover of Kim Kardashian when both were in high school. There was no comment from TJ but he has acknowledged that they were close and she consoled him when his mother died.

"We became extra close when my mom passed away," TJ told People magazine in 1995 of Kardashian. "She dropped everything to be with me."

TJ married his wife, Frances, in 2007 and has three children.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_1...jackson-new-co-guardian-of-michaels-children/

tj-jackson-16x9.jpg

TJ Jackson of 3T performs at the "Michael Forever Tribute Concert" at Millennium Stadium on Oct. 8, 2011, in Cardiff, Wales. / TIM ALBAN/GETTY IMAGES

Ventura County is not a cheap place to live in California. A decent place would run you about $3000 a month, minimum. So the $9000 a month is a good, basic living!
You are right about the high cost of living in that part of California; but Calabasas (although very near Ventura County)is still within Los Angeles County.

mj_brainiac;3774651 said:
Joe said Paris stayed in bed but he spent time with Prince and Blanket

That's not what I heard. Joe put the most attention on Paris talking about her being “a piece of work” and girls being so much harder to rise than boys but he clearly said both Prince & Paris did not get up to see him. The only one he saw was Blanket.

it shouldnt be the estates job to pay someones living expenses if he was living in that area in the same house etc before unless he had to give up a job that paid that amount and move in order to do whatever he does with the kids now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's not what I heard. Joe put the most attention on Paris talking about her being “a piece of work” and girls being so much harder to rise than boys but he clearly said both Prince & Paris did not get up to see him. The only one he saw was Blanket.
-----------------------------------------------------
slowly but surely hopefully they are learning

He said Paris was in bed. He saw Prince and Blanket

JACKSON: Oh, no. They are my grand kids. They be glad -- I was just with them yesterday. Paris wouldn't get out of the bed. She was still in the bed. Prince and Blanket was there. As matter of fact, Blanket was making a video himself.

It is the Estate who has petitioned the probate court to compensate TJ as guardian of the children.
The probate court is the one who will decide if the amount the Estate requested is reasonable
The court can add to that amount or subtract accordingly.
It will be reviewed each yr the estate is in probate with Estate's annual accounting

Probate Law on compensation of a guardian

22011 California Code / Probate Code

DIVISION 4. GUARDIANSHIP, CONSERVATORSHIP, AND OTHER PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS [1400 - 3925]

CHAPTER 8. Compensation of Guardian, Conservator, and Attorney

PROBATE CODE
SECTION 2643.

2643. (a) On petition by the guardian or conservator of the person or estate or both, the court may by order authorize periodic payments on account to any one or more of the following persons for the services rendered by such person during the period covered by each payment:

(1) The guardian of the person.
(2) The guardian of the estate.
(3) The conservator of the person.
(4) The conservator of the estate.
(5) The attorney for the guardian or conservator of the person or estate or both.

(b) Notice of the hearing on the petition shall be given for the period and in the manner provided in Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 1460) of Part 1.

(c) The petition shall describe the services to be rendered on a periodic basis and the reason why authority to make periodic payments is requested. In fixing the amount of the periodic payment, the court shall take into account the services to be rendered on a periodic basis and the reasonable value of such services. The guardian or conservator of the estate may make the periodic payments authorized by the order only if the services described in the petition are actually rendered. The payments made pursuant to the order are subject to review by the court upon the next succeeding account of the guardian or conservator of the estate to determine that the services were actually rendered and that the amount paid on account was not unreasonable, and the court shall make an appropriate order if the court determines that the amount paid on account was either excessive or inadequate in view of the services actually rendered.

http://law.justia.com/codes/california/2011/prob/division-4/2640-2647/2643/

He said Paris was in bed. He saw Prince and Blanket

JACKSON: Oh, no. They are my grand kids. They be glad -- I was just with them yesterday. Paris wouldn't get out of the bed. She was still in the bed. Prince and Blanket was there. As matter of fact, Blanket was making a video himself.

Please watch and listen to this vid again and you will clearly hear Joseph say Paris and Prince did not get out of bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-OyPEuzH0

I heard it again. An he clearly says Paris was still in bed, but Prince and Blanket was there.

Ventura%20County%20Map.jpg

It's so close to the Ventura County line, Calabasas!

uscalama.gif

I LOVE THESE MAPS!!!!

I use to live in L.A. County.
I'm planning to move back there in 2 more years. :fortuneteller:

Last edited:
Please watch and listen to this vid again and you will clearly hear Joseph say Paris and Prince did not get out of bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-OyPEuzH0

I heard it again. An he clearly says Paris was still in bed, but Prince and Blanket was there.

You both could be right because of the way Joe phrased that. Its not real clear. but As I hear the whole thing in context I think he was speaking about Paris was in bed. which I believe because she is know to stay up very late. Joe said" I was there yesterday with them , Prince ... "and paris wouldn't get out of the bed" but Prince and and blanket were there .. meaning he saw them .. then something about Blanket playing video games. I guess we can all hear it differently and have our own opinions of what Joe meant, so no need to argue about it .

Lets just agree to that and move on now :) because this Joe discussion is off topic and is starting to derail the thread

Back